Chomper The Sharptooth vs. Son_of_Shadoo (ref: TotalPotato) ~ COMPLETE

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING: Interrupt this battle at your peril. I will not be held responsible if Chomper eats you, or if SoS attacks you relentlessly with the abilities of you, your friends and your family.
The battle is now over, so comment away! Don't worry, no-one's going to eat or attack you anymore... honest!

Battle Rules said:
2v2
Singles
3 Days DQ
Max of 2 recovery moves, 5 chills
Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items

Arena: Corn maze, inside a large clearing in the center but otherwise surrounded by the crop. Simple enough for any trainer or Pokemon to navigate.
Now that the trainers have told me which two Pokémon they'll be using for this battle, we can get started!

Chomper will send out first.
SoS will then send out, and order actions for the round.
Chomper will then order actions for the round.
I'll ref the round, the trainers will switch the ordering sequence, and we'll continue until a winner has been decided!

Let the battle begin!

My my, I do enjoy mazes, particularly maize mazes. See what I did there? Ohai, Chomper. Alright, Buggo, standby! I realise you're going to just look at me and go "WTF MAN?!" but I've got a good feeling. Let's start by using String Shot to wrap up Akihko's legs, then String Shot again to pull yourself on to him. Finally, use Bug Bite to start causing some damage.

... I'm so going to lose, aren't I?

String Shot >>> String Shot >>> Bug Bite

Okay Akihiko now is no time to underestimate your opponent. Set up the sturdiest substitute you can to create a buffer between you and whatever attacks he has in wait, then encourage him into using his string shot with Encore. Finally use your practiced technique to launch a Karate Chop against him.

Substitute (25) > Encore > Karate Chop

Battle Rules said:
2v2
Singles
3 Days DQ
Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items

Arena: Corn maze, inside a large clearing in the center but otherwise surrounded by the crop. Simple enough for any trainer or Pokemon to navigate.

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)
Nature: Brave
Abilities: Guts, No Guard
Health: 100
Energy: 100%
Boosts: None
Other: None

Caterpie [Buggo] (Male)
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Shield Dust
Health: 90

Round 1: Start!

The battle of man vs. bug has raged on for generations. This battle probably won't settle the score once and for all, but at least it'll be entertaining!

Buggo uses his blinding speed to fire a String Shot at Akihiko, sticking his legs together. But Machop hardly notices, as he focuses intently on... something. Suddenly, another Machop is pushed outwards from Akihiko! It looks so pristine, you could almost mistake it for the real thing but for the lack of string on its legs.

Seeking to correct this, Buggo fires a second String Shot, this time sticking to the Substitute's torso. In the midst of trying to get rid of the string binding his legs, Akihiko claps and cheers loudly, encouraging Buggo to perform an Encore.

Flattered, Buggo pulls himself to the decoy with the agility of an Ariados, before firing a point-blank String Shot at the decoy's face. Meanwhile, Akihiko finally manages to break the surprisingly tough string, and rushes over to Buggo, delivering a devastating Karate Chop to the unsuspecting bug. In fact, the blow hit Buggo right in the middle of a joint separating two of its segments - a critical place for the strike to land.

Round 1: End!

Buggo is very close to Akihiko's decoy. They're both pretty near the centre of the clearing, and the real Akihiko is somewhere close, where Buggo can't reach him.

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)
Health: 75
Energy: 65%
Other: Substitute (25 health)

Caterpie [Buggo] (Male)
Health: 78
Energy: 82%
Other: Performing an Encore for one (1) more action

Okay Aki, he has more energy than you. If he's trying to wear you down it's working. Chill for a little, hit him with another Karate Chop and chill once more.

Chill > Karate Chop > Chill

Wow, I do seem to get criticalled a lot. Must use an Ashera Icon at some point. Alright, Buggo, while he's chilling, we need to get rid of this Substitute. It annoys me. You're locked into String Shot this action, so use it to squeeze the Substitute like a lemon. Then, sink your... apparently sharp fangs into it with a Bug Bite. If you've broken the substitute, use String Shot again to catch Akihko. If not, then use another Bug Bite on the Sub.

String Shot >>> Bug Bite >>> String Shot if the sub is broken/Bug Bite if it is not.

Hope that's clear enough...

Battle Rules said:
2v2
Singles
3 Days DQ
Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)
Energy: 65%
Other: Substitute (25 health)

Caterpie [Buggo] (Male)
Health: 78
Energy: 82%
Other: Performing an Encore for one (1) more action

Round 2: Start!

Having "decorated" the face of Akihiko's decoy to his satisfaction, Buggo shoots his next String Shot at the stomach, crawls around the decoy's body to loop the string, then pulls hard to try and squash the life out of the Substitute. As ever, the decoy remains impassive, and the attack hardly seems to have done any damage. Meanwhile, Akihiko takes it easy, and Chills out to regain some energy.

Out of nowhere, a massive pair of fangs grows from Buggo's mouth, and he bites down on the decoy's leg with vampiric force and vigour... oh, who am I kidding? All joking aside, the Bug Bite does pull a sizeable chunk of essence off the decoy's leg, leaving it looking a tad lopsided. Buggo has scarcely enough time to admire his handiwork before he's struck across the back with Akihiko's Karate Chop, though fortunately for Buggo, the attack hits diagonally across several segments this time, rather than in a sensitive joint.

With the Substitute still standing, Buggo directs his second Bug Bite assault at the decoy's side. Chunks of energy are ripped off and disappear into thin air. With all the string and missing pieces, the decoy's looking less like a Machop and more like a surrealist sculpture, but it's still holding firm! Akihiko, completely unscathed, Chills out again. In complete contrast to his Substitute, Akihiko looks the picture of health and serenity.

Round 2: End!

The battlers are pretty much in exactly the same positions they were in last round - near the centre of the clearing, very close to one another.

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)
Energy: 83%
Other: Substitute (8 health)

Caterpie [Buggo] (Male)
Health: 69
Energy: 64%

SoS is next to order.

Agh, damn it, Sub's still up... But one more Bug Bite should take care of that, right? If it does, try and latch on to Akihko with String Shot, then pull yourself towards him and Tackle him. If not, Tackle the Sub to finish it, then chill.

Bug Bite >>> String Shot if the Sub is broken >>> Tackle

OR

Bug Bite >>> Tackle if it is not broken >>> Chill

Battle Rules said:
2v2
Singles
3 Days DQ
Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)
Max HP: 100
Atk: ****(+)
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: **
Spe: 30(-)

Energy: 83%
Other: Substitute (8 health)

Caterpie [Buggo] (Male)
Max HP: 90
Atk: ***(+)
Def: *(-)
SpA: *
SpD: *
Spe: 45

Health: 69
Energy: 64%

Round 3: Start!

It looks like some more essence-nibbling is is order - Buggo uses another Bug Bite, ripping chunks of the decoy's being clean away. In fact, the decoy is so unstable by now that it dissolves completely. Rushing to the site of his fallen doppelgänger, Akihiko crouches low, and uses an Ankle Sweep (more of an entire-body sweep, really) on Buggo, knocking him backwards rather than tripping him up. The dust on Buggo's skin sparkles briefly, and he springs up, apparently no slower than he was before.

Without delay, Buggo shoots a String Shot at Akihiko's right leg. By then, Akihiko has already started heading towards Buggo, and though the string slows him down, Akihiko's immense strength allows him to get over to Buggo, and deliver a swift open-palmed strike at Buggo's back. That's right - it's Akihiko's familiar Karate Chop.

Using the sticky string to pull himself to Akihiko - however unnecessary it may be since the Machop is right next to him - Buggo Tackles headlong into Akihiko's legs, temporarily flooring his surprised opponent. With his right leg still encased in gooey string, Akihiko has a little trouble getting up, but again, his strength wins through. However, he can't bend his supporting leg as well as he'd like, so he has to make do with a sort of scoop-kick with his left foot rather than the desired Ankle Sweep, but it still deals a fair bit of damage. As Buggo falls back a few metres, the dust on his skin shimmers momentarily for the second time this round.

Round 3: End!

The two combatants are still fairly central. About 2-3 metres separate them.

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)

Health: 68
Energy: 75%
Boosts: -1 Spe
Other: Right leg encased in string

Caterpie [Buggo] (Male)

Health: 41
Energy: 50%

Chomper orders first this round!

Good job on slowing him down, Buggo. Let's see if we can do the same for his other leg too. Use String Shot on his left leg, then Bug Bite him twice. We can still come out on top here...

String Shot >>> Bug Bite >>> Bug Bite

Battle Rules said:
2v2
Singles
3 Days DQ
Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)

Health: 68
Energy: 75%
Other: Right leg encased in string

Caterpie [Buggo] (Male)

Health: 41

Round 4: Start!

Having successfully tied one leg up, Buggo fires a String Shot at Akihiko's other leg, trying to make it even tougher for him to move. While this is going on, Akihiko hobbles towards Buggo to get in range for his attack, but as soon as his left leg in strung up, he stops moving, the effort proving too much for him. He's less than a metre away from Buggo, too - how frustrating!

Buggo closes the small gap between them, taking a large Bug Bite out of Akihiko's side. Wincing, Akihiko grits his teeth, and uses Focus Energy, pumping himself up.

Buggo doesn't even have to move for his next attack - he just chomps down again, using a second consecutive Bug Bite. Akihiko, having had enough of this, gets his left hand around Caterpie's thin end, picks him up, and delivers a swift Karate Chop with his free hand, knocking Buggo back several metres, and effectively resetting the battlers' positions to how they were when the round began.

Akihiko gives each of his legs a little shake, and the string slides right off! His legs are a bit stiff after being in string for so long, though, so he's still a little slower than normal.

Round 4: End!

Almost no change to the Pokémon's positions - Akihiko's a little further forward, and Buggo's a little further back, but they're still 2-3 metres apart, and still near the centre of the clearing.

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)

Health: 52
Energy: 68%
Other: Focus Energy (5 more actions)

Caterpie [Buggo] (Male)

Health: 32
Energy: 38%

You're up, SoS!

... You know the way I said we could still come out on top here? Apparently, I was lying, derp. I fear getting critted here, so go for a String Shot on Akihko's dominant arm this time, then go for a Tackle. His legs should still be weak, so he won't exactly enjoy it. Then feast on his flesh with yet another Bug Bite. It's ironic how we're the ones doing all the biting against a guy named Chomper though...

String Shot >>> Tackle >>> Bug Bite

Now that your legs are free again go back to sweeping. We could use a critical hit on one of those attacks if you can aim for somewhere vital. If his string shot burdens your arm too much just use your other, your right arm is barely any more dominant than the left.

Ankle Sweep > Karate Chop > Ankle Sweep

Battle Rules said:
2v2
Singles
3 Days DQ
Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)

Health: 52
Energy: 68%
Other: Focus Energy (5 more actions)

Caterpie [Buggo] (Male)

Health: 32
Energy: 38%

Round 5: Start!

Wavering for a moment over which of Akihiko's arms is the more dominant, Buggo decides to fire a String Shot at his opponent's right arm, seeing as that's the arm that was used to Karate Chop him in the last round. Jogging a little on the spot to get some feeling back into his legs, Akihiko goes over to Buggo, crouches, and executes a perfect Ankle Sweep, knocking Buggo further away from the centre of the clearing. The Machop grins - it must feel good to be able to use those legs again!

Regaining himself quickly, Buggo Tackles right into Akihiko's legs. It knocks Akihiko to the floor, but he's back up in a flash, and hits back with a strong Karate Chop (with his unbound arm) right in between two segments! That's a critical hit alright, just like Chomper was looking for!

Not down yet, Buggo retaliates with a Bug Bite to the chest, which is boosted by the power of irony! Well, not really... okay, it obviously hurt, but Akihiko grits his teeth, shrugs Buggo off, and kicks him with another Ankle Sweep, his foot digging right into Buggo's soft underbelly! It's another critical hit, and it looks like not even Buggo the mighty can stand up to that - he falls back, defeated.

With that, the string on Akihiko's arm falls away. It looks like he's still not used to moving around unencumbered, though, so he still hasn't regained his speed completely.

Round 5: End!

Akihiko is about 5 metres from the centre of the clearing, and 10 metres from the edge.

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)

Health: 37
Energy: 60%
Other: Focus Energy (2 more actions)

Buggo is unable to battle! SoS, please send out your second and final Pokémon. Chomper orders first.

Fuck your hax, good sir! Fuck your criticals! Nah, I'm just playin with ya, all part of the game. Well, I'm in trouble now, but let's see if we can turn it around. George (Lickitung), get out here! Show him your unbridled, Licki-tastic fury!

Okay Aki, fire off as many Ankle Sweeps as you can. If he decides to use a non-damaging move then Encore your first action after it.

Ankle Sweep > Ankle Sweep > Ankle Sweep
Encore replaces Ankle Sweep after any non-damaging move

Oops, sorry. I need to learn to read sometimes, I swear. Oh well, George, use Dig to advance, then strike him hard. Keep him dazed with a Zen Headbutt.

Dig >>> Dig >>> Zen Headbutt

Battle Rules said:
2v2
Singles
3 Days DQ
Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)

Health: 37
Energy: 60%
Other: Focus Energy (2 more actions)

Lickitung [George] (Male)
Abilities: Own Tempo, Oblivious
Def: ***
SpA: ***
SpD: ***
Spe: 26(-)

Health: 100

Round 6: Start!

So, with that continuous barrage of not very effective attacks (and Tackle) out of the way, will we see a more fast-paced bout here? Let's find out!

With Akihiko not being at his top speed, George is the first to make a move. He Digs underground, and Akihiko has nothing to hit, so he just stays stock still, biding his time.

For a long time, nothing happens, George apparently not in any hurry to come out of the ground. Suddenly, a pink blur bursts from under Akihiko's feet, and slams right into him, completing George's Dig manoeuvre! Akihiko falls, but recovers quickly, delivering the long-awaited Ankle Sweep to knock George down, reducing his ease of mobility. George's heel definitely buckled at it was struck - that was a critical hit!

Now faster than his floored opponent, Akihiko crouches, pivots on his heel, and Ankle Sweeps George again, hitting the side of his heel just as he gets back to his feet. I can't imagine George would be very happy about being knocked to the ground twice in succession like that - perhaps a Zen Headbutt will turn the battle in his favour. Akihiko flies back from the powerful strike, then slowly gets back to his feet, panting a little.

Round 6: End!

The battlers are both roughly 7 metres from the edge of the clearing, but in different positions on the maize-bordered circle.

Machop [Akihiko] (Male)

Health: 13

Lickitung [George] (Male)
Abilities: Own Tempo, Oblivious
Def: ***
SpA: ***
SpD: ***
Spe: 26(-)

Health: 64
Energy: 86%

SoS orders first this time!

*sigh* Of course he gets a crit. Seriously, ASB is haxing me to oblivion...

Well, George, he's almost down for the count, so just spam Ice Beam to take him out.

Ice Beam >>> Ice Beam >>> Ice Beam

Why yes, I am feeling lazy tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)