Counter This Pokemon [ginganinja vs TEMP V1]

Second, and probably most important: our team already has 2 powerful special attackers. We still have to pick at least 1 defensive mon, a physical attacker, someone to lay down SR, someone to spin, and possibly Politoed if we go for a rain team. Having 3 mons on the special side severely limits our team building options.
While I can see that we are going to need a physical attacker for sure, do we need the rest? Did we decide the theme of the team was to have a balanced set up and not an all out nukefest? Meloetta works under any weather, same with Thundurus-T so rain is not necessarily a given yet welcome should the team come up against it.

While I can see that we are going to need a physical attacker for sure, do we need the rest? Did we decide the theme of the team was to have a balanced set up and not an all out nukefest? Meloetta works under any weather, same with Thundurus-T so rain is not necessarily a given yet welcome should the team come up against it.
No, we haven't decided it yet - but Chandelure pretty much shoehorns us into "all out nukefest".

It's always nice to have options.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay guys, thank you for the submissions and fruitful discussion, glad to see everyone is still playing along, and I'm looking forward to newcomers. If you haven't posted here, don't be afraid, just make sure to read the OP and some of the suggestions to see how this all works! Now, onto the voting.

Arcticblast's Espeon

SuperChillarmy's Xatu

Ithilanor's Lucario

Pocket's Scizor

namehtmas's Mamoswine

ganj4lF's Vaporeon

ginganinja's Genesect

PapaBearAd's Chansey

Xelacalle's Keldeo

ClubbingSealCub's Metagross

Skore's Chandelure

You know how this work. Only vote for one, you may vote if you submitted a set. Don't be afraid to vote for your own, but be sure to read each submission carefully and look through the links below (Resources). Your post should consist of the poster's name in bold. For example, if I wanted to vote for namehtmas's Mamoswine, I would simply post:

namehtmas

That's literally all you should post. As usual, no complaining and no submitting other sets. Time limit is pending. Also, all of you guy's have really hard names!!! I'm looking at you too, ginganinja.

Resources that may influence your vote, so read first:
Xelacalle's ramblings on picking the right partner (definitely read this!)

Electrolyte critiquing some submissions (Espeon through Metagross)

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I'm quite tempted to vote for ClubbingSealCub, but I think my suggestion is quite good overall, so don't blame me too much, my vote goes to:

ganj4lF

At the risk of looking like a narcissistic douche...

ClubbingSealCub

But come on, we're talking about Metagross here.

PD: Petition to rename Team 1 to "Ginganinja's Team" if Genesect gets chosen :toast:

Going with ginganinja. As much as I have a soft spot for Luke, I think Genesect's a better option and gives us more flexibility.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tough choice as both Genesect and Metagross are great options in terms of synergy. However, only one gives us some bulk that's absolutely needed to handle a possible Specs Latios, (among other heavy hitters) still sticks it to his sister, Latias, and even has priority to boot:

ClubbingSealClub

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
As much as I like myself, going with ClubbingSealCub here.

Remember, we can always re-suggest Genesect!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All right, the votes are in and it appears to be a close match.

ClubbingSealCub's Metagross: 10
ginganinja's Genesect: 7
PapaBearAd's Chansey: 1
ganj4lF's Vaporeon: 1

Please welcome, courtesy of ClubbingSealCub, Team #1's 3rd Pokemon!

Metagross @ Choice Band
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Trait: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
~ Meteor Mash
~ Bullet Punch
~ Pursuit
~ Earthquake

Here are the current team line-ups:
Meloetta / Thundurus-T / Metagross

Celebi / Heatran

Now, we're moving back to Team 2 in order to pick its 3rd Pokemon. Please suggest one set per person including the Pokemon's name, sprite, item, EVs, ability, nature, and moves. You have a dayish. Go!

Starting this off...

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
Evs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Hp
Jolly/Adamant Nature
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Scarf Tyranitar is a great addition to team 2, for many reasons. Scarf Tyranitar has fallen out of favor with many recently, but it always packs a wallop for those unprepared for a fast sand-godzilla.

Team two is set up to go sand well, as celebi is a staple on sand teams and heatran is also beneficial in sand. This also all but forces team 1 to go rain, to support Thundurus-T.

Tyranitar can deal great damage to all three members, while out-speeding them as well (except pirouette form) with an Adamant nature (assuming speed rounds up, I think it does). It obviously cleanly KOs Thundurus-T with Stone Edge, KOs non-pirouette Meloetta with Crunch and deals a fairly clean 3hko to Metagross with Crunch, and 2hkos with Earthquake.

Tyranitar will also provide team 2 with some speed, something it sorely lacks currently with Celebi and Heatran as the members. Tyranitar also pairs well with Celebi's Thunder Wave, as if Meloetta gets paralyzed, Tyranitar can trap it with ease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)