Defense of The Ancients Mafia: Game over! Carries win!

How does it matter that people know I had an Ultimate Orb? I don't have it anymore, that info by itself doesn't say anything, and I don't even know who took it... If anything now villagers (and mafia too unfortunately) know not to waste actions trying to rob someone who has nothing.
yes, it confirms the existence of the ultimate orb and it narrows down the list of thieving options for any thieves out there...

Night 2

You all voted for Dogfish44 and so Icefrog was compelled to smite him. A giant bolt of lightning descended from the heavens and struck Dogfish44 blasting him into bits except. You all looked at his remains and find that there is a glowing cross on the ground. What does this mean....did Dogfish44 receive the Aegis of Immortality?

Finding nothing on Dogfish44's remains you all decide to go back to your homes as the fog of war blankets the town. However, suddenly from the shadows a bloody hook flies through the townsquare and strikes kakth who was seemingly invisibly tied to Popolovic and Class! The hook suddenly is jerked back into the shadows and you hear screams and cries of pain. You all rush blindly into the woods and find kakth, Popolovic, and Class's corpses with giant holes in their midsection where the hook and struck. You find no traces of their assassin. You look into one of their ammunition canisters and find this note:
Dear Kakth, Popolovic, and Class,
You are Squee, Spleen, and Spoon, the Goblin Techies.

As the Goblin Techies, you are a master of defense. Bringing with you your powerful wards, mines, and explosives you are the DotA world's equivalent of a suicide bomber. Due to your low base speed, terrible attack animation, low base damage, and uselessness in the late game you are constantly picked by noobs and end up feeding to the enemy as a result. However, while you may be useless in DotA, this new game that the Carries and the Gankers are playing, you excel quite excellently at.

You will be using your stasis wards to great effect, every 3 nights you may send a pm to blue_light stating 'Night X - Stasis Ward User'. That night, the first person that targets your target will be stunned by your stasis ward, causing their night action to fail.

You also have your ultimate, Remote Mines, one any night that you are not using Stasis Ward, you may send a pm to blue_light stating 'Night X - Remote Mine User'. That night your target will receive one remote mine unbeknown to them at their doorstep. In addition you may also send a pm to blue_light stating 'Day/Night X - Detonate Remote Mines'. At the end of that day or night, all remote mines that you have planted will explode. Anyone who targets a person that has 4 or more remote mines planted on their doorstep that day or night will be killed.

<snip>

Each of your votes are counted separately, however you are all affected as a whole when targeted (if one is hit all is hit).

You are allied with The Good, The Feeders, and Tidehunter. You win if The Good, The Feeders, and Tidehunter win.
You all go home and lock your windows in fear of coming night.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end in 48 hours or until a majority is reached on Roshan and all necessary night actions are sent in.

yes, it confirms the existence of the ultimate orb and it narrows down the list of thieving options for any thieves out there...
/facepalm have you ever played DotA? There are 4 items that require the Ultimate Orb (ie. highly likely that it would make an appearance). The real giveaway though is that it builds Linken's Sphere (blocks harmful spells) which I can't imagine wouldn't be in this game. As for the thieving thing, you got me there (except I already pointed that out...).

EDIT: Then again I could just be trying to protect the 1337 items that I really do have XD, or maybe this edit is just to lure more wasted thieving actions. I'm having a lot of fun with this :).

Well it was to be expected, saying 'x is very valuable' on d1 is one of the worst mistakes you can make...

Anyway, in my opinion the situation hasn't changed that much since the last night so we should let roshan alone again, and the niggas mafiosos will probably not get it tonight either anyway.
Tbh i'm not certain this is the best course of action but i'm growing tired of the lack of discussion in games and this one gives us a problem to consider at night so hopefully this post will at least start a debate.

I think we should leave him alone, seeing as we don't need the Aegis thing as much as the mafia do, and we don't have anybody to lead us yet. Besides, unless either mafia faction has an anonymous messenger, they have no sure way to coordinate attempts on Roshan, and even if they did, both groups would most likely end up going because they won't trust what the other says.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well it was to be expected, saying 'x is very valuable' on d1 is one of the worst mistakes you can make...

Anyway, in my opinion the situation hasn't changed that much since the last night so we should let roshan alone again, and the niggas mafiosos will probably not get it tonight either anyway.
Tbh i'm not certain this is the best course of action but i'm growing tired of the lack of discussion in games and this one gives us a problem to consider at night so hopefully this post will at least start a debate.
I tried that already, and see how much discussion it generated? It just seems like everyone in the village is content to lie around and just post things like Leave Roshan alone once every couple days. Seriously guys, this is pathetic. There are plenty of experienced players in this game, and some of them must be on the village side. Seriously, get in touch with people via IRC or PM, it really doesn't matter, but if the village doesn't start talking soon its gonna be too late. It would also be nice if the inspector could step up during the next lynch cycle, we need his info NOW or the village will not get anywhere this game. I REPEAT, step up TOMORROW to lead the lynch please. Two nights' worth of results almost certainly yielded a neutral or mafia, and at the very worst we can get a solid core of village-aligned players to rally around.

Okay, so a cross planted in the ground is both the animation for Leoric's ressurection and the old aegis of the immortal. So there's a big chance he isn't lying, so claiming to him might be a good idea.

Either that or he's mafia and got the aegis and is trying to pull one over on us (providing b_l is using the old animation for it)

Edit: also I think sending in a team to get roshan would be a good idea, there's no harm and it'll stop the mafia from getting it that night.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Okay, so a cross planted in the ground is both the animation for Leoric's ressurection and the old aegis of the immortal. So there's a big chance he isn't lying, so claiming to him might be a good idea.

Either that or he's mafia and got the aegis and is trying to pull one over on us (providing b_l is using the old animation for it)

But Roshan didn't die, so how would he have the Aegis?

Edit: also I think sending in a team to get roshan would be a good idea, there's no harm and it'll stop the mafia from getting it that night.

The harm is that it stops 5 villagers from using their roles. Since we don't have a good idea who the village is, there isn't really a reason to go after him since there is a large chance that our attack will fail, especially since the mafia's will know our decision and then can go after Roshan by themselves.
responses in bold.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Guys: Blue_Light told us that Roshan the Immortal is still alive. Therefore, Dogfish44 could not possibly have an Aegis unless he started with one. Of course, just because he was telling the truth about his role name does not mean he was telling the truth about his alliance.

why not have five villagers who's roles aren't as important during this time, I myself being one, dogfish another, now we only need three more unimportant volunteers.

Also Uncle Sam, if this game is following dota metagame then leoric is neither a profficient ganker or carry, which leaves only the village. I know it's not enough to stake the game on, but I think we can trust him for the time being.

UncleSam

Leading this village
why not have five villagers who's roles aren't as important during this time, I myself being one, dogfish another, now we only need three more unimportant volunteers.

Also Uncle Sam, if this game is following dota metagame then leoric is neither a profficient ganker or carry, which leaves only the village. I know it's not enough to stake the game on, but I think we can trust him for the time being.
Look, I'm not saying that I think it is very likely, but my friend who plays DotA like 3 hours a day told me that Leoric is the best carry in the game. Besides, there are always neutral alliances. Again, I am NOT saying that Dogfish is necessarily any of those, just that there is a POSSIBILITY he is one of those.

As for Roshan, Dogfish is MIA in case you didn't notice, he cannot participate in a Roshan raid. Quite frankly, the odds that the mafia would let the village send five villagers to get Roshan are next to nothing. Also, there is no way you will find four other actual villagers willing to go. Plus, when it fails(which it almost certainly will) we do not even get to suspect the people in the Roshan party. I mean, I am not totally opposed to trying, but I would need to see some actual interest(IE, people stepping forward to volunteer) to either support it or volunteer myself.

Still, people stepping up claiming "useless" roles in order to go do Roshan does 2 things: firstly, it lets the mafia narrow down who to kill and who to use whatever abilities they have on, because only vanillagers (or as close as you can get to a vanillager in a forum mafia) will step up, and those are the roles mafia doesn't want to kill, and secondly, any member of the mafia could just agree to go, claiming a useless role, while they're actually making our attempt fail, because the list will carry a mafia member in it.

So, yeah, I keep my vote.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Still, people stepping up claiming "useless" roles in order to go do Roshan does 2 things: firstly, it lets the mafia narrow down who to kill and who to use whatever abilities they have on, because only vanillagers (or as close as you can get to a vanillager in a forum mafia) will step up, and those are the roles mafia doesn't want to kill, and secondly, any member of the mafia could just agree to go, claiming a useless role, while they're actually making our attempt fail, because the list will carry a mafia member in it.

So, yeah, I keep my vote.
Keep in mind that more important villagers could also go, and thus trick the mafia into thinking they are vanillagers. However, in the end, the fact that there is next to no chance that the village will succeed makes it an unwise move in my mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)