Ferrothorn

For the ability to hack off 29% of any physical attacker using a contact move just by switching in? It's absolutely worth it.
Shandera would like a word with you. (From what I've heard Dream World Pokemon are random (bar Nintendo passwords), which means RNG will likely cough up Shadow Tag Shandera by the time Shoddy 2 is up and running.)

Also, I feel that Nattorei should almost always carry Power Whip/Gyro Ball much for the same reasons that Skarmory carries Brave Bird.

Edit: Ninja'd before I could edit.

For the ability to hack off 29% of any physical attacker using a contact move just by switching in? It's absolutely worth it.
Admittedly, it has its uses, however Leftovers and Shed Shell are FAR more reliable, considering physical attackers are already taking damage from its ability.

Would Rotom-H/Rotom-W be a good partner? It's no longer ghost, so won't be taking SE damage from Shandeera Shadow Ball, yet can strike back with it's own Shadow Ball and handles Magnezone reasonably well. It resists HP Fire now, so should be an easier switch in to Magnezone.

Admittedly, it has its uses, however Leftovers and Shed Shell are FAR more reliable, considering physical attackers are already taking damage from its ability.
Depends on how you're trying to use it. Being able to take off 29% of an opponent's HP basically for free at multiple points throughout a battle is quite a bit better than taking off 12% of their HP.

Shanderaa doesn't have Shadow Tag. Not yet, anyway.
I don't know why you keep saying that. As soon as the Dream World servers open up he WILL have it, so it's best to prepare for it. So yea, you can run Rugged Helmet until then, but you might as well keep the Shed Shell because you will have to be prepared for Shadow Tag Shanderaa.

I don't know why you keep saying that. As soon as the Dream World servers open up he WILL have it, so it's best to prepare for it. So yea, you can run Rugged Helmet until then, but you might as well keep the Shed Shell because you will have to be prepared for Shadow Tag Shanderaa eventually.
When Shadow Tag Shanderaa is released through Dream World, Nattorei will probably want to switch to holding a Shed Shell. However, we have no idea how long that will take, and in the meantime, there's no reason to squander Nattorei's potential on an item that isn't nearly as critical yet. Certainly, we can assume that not all of the Dream World Pokemon will be released when the servers open, unless someone has confirmed otherwise. So no, we can't assume that he'll have it "as soon as the Dream World servers open".

Depends on how you're trying to use it. Being able to take off 29% of an opponent's HP basically for free at multiple points throughout a battle is quite a bit better than taking off 12% of their HP.
It'll need Wish support, but yeah, I'm actually seeing how it will be very effective. Switching into Gyarados as it attempts to Waterfall your Pokemon will strip off 29%, plus Stealth Rock and possibly Life Orb. That's potentially 64% just from switching in. You could also abuse it against stuff like Choice Scarf Flygon who is otherwise immune to Spikes and resistance to Stealth Rock, not to mention absorbing Outrages from the likes of Garchomp and Salamence. Nattorei will need Wish support anyways, probably from something like Vaporeon, so it'll work.

@Thorhammer

You're right, we don't have any idea when he'll be released, but we know he will be. It's probably best to not get used to inflicting 29% damage to physical attackers so you don't start building strategies around it, which is extremely tempting. Believe me, I want to run Leftovers or the Rugged Helemt, but I don't want to become spoiled by their effects because I'll become let down as soon as I switch to the Shed Shell.

I love Toxic on this thing. I've been running the rugged helmet set on wifi with Toxic/Gyro Ball/Leach Seed/Spikes and it was ridiculously effective. Kinda leaning towards leftovers atm though he really needs it sometimes.

@Thorhammer

You're right, we don't have any idea when he'll be released, but we know he will be. It's probably best to not get used to inflicting 29% damage to physical attackers so you don't start building strategies around it, which is extremely tempting. Believe me, I want to run Leftovers or the Rugged Helemt, but I don't want to become spoiled by their effects because I'll become let down as soon as I switch to the Shed Shell.
That's horribly illogical. If you have a good strategy for now, use it while you can. Any strategy runs the risk of becoming less effective when the metagame changes. Chances are, the team you start Gen V with won't be the same one you're using when Shadow Tag Shanderaa is released, if it indeed ever is. That team will likely never have to adjust to that specific thread, so your suggestion makes even less sense.

@Thorhammer

Actually, we don't know if it will ever be released at all. After all, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum have the coding for the Azure Flute Arceus event, but yet the Azure Flute was never released, and so that Arceus, despite being in the game's code, is still unusable (and less relevantly, but along the same lines, I believe the same thing appears to have happened with certain courses in the Pokewalker). For all we know as of this point, similar could happen here, and some of these Dream World Pokemon might not ever end up being released or otherwise end up being junk data all the same, so it's definitely much too soon to be saying anything about Dream World abilities until/if they're released.

Life Orb Recoil Brings it up an additional 10%.
Sandstorm/Hail brings is up 8.25% (off of the top of my head, around that). (Note that while Hail hits more Pokemon than Storm, Nuttre likes not getting hurt in Sandstorm)
Stealth Rock: 3.125%-50% (It learns this btw)

So Take LO Gyara.
25% (SR) + 39% per Attack from Gyara + 8.25% per turn from Sandstorm + Leech Seed + 6.25 % from Leech Seed =

Gyarados takes 39.5% on the switch (assuming you Leech Seed), 14.5% on any turn it does not attack (i.e. DD), and 53.5% on ANY turn he attacks Nuttre. Did I mention that means Gyarados gets 1 DD and an attack on Nuttre before having -7.5% health (meaning you can be a turn late for leech seed and it's STILL dead)? This is also the case for ANY LO user that is not immune to Leech Seed or Sandstorm.

Edit: That's... what? Scizor? And that's ignoring ANY damage done by Nuttre to the opposing Pokemon in the meantime.

Has anyone had experience using this guy ingame?

I am drooling at the amount of resistances he has along with the impressive support movepool.

I hear he can be found in the electric rock cave, going to give mine a rugged helmet with the following moves:

Power Whip
Iron Head
Leech Seed
Thunder Wave

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
As soon as Shanderra w/ Shadow Tag comes out, Nattorei will pretty much have to run Shed Shell. Until then, rugged Helmet seems like a good way to deal a lot of passive damage.

I really don't get why this thing doesn't get rapid spin it just... doesn't make any sense.
It's a ball of metal.Delibird can spin rapidly but this thing can't? Gamefreak has wierd thinkers.

Though I'll most likely run Shed Shell on Nattorei in the future. (If Shanderra @ Shadow Tag stays OU, plus there is and always will be Magnezone) I'll run this set

Nattorei

Steel Thorns
Impish
Rugged Helmet
252 Hp / 252 spD

Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Power Whip

The idea is to set up SR and irritate the opponent with Thunder Wave + Leech Seed. I'm not and never will be a fan of Stealth Rocks, so if he needs extra annoyance power I might replace it with Protect.

Also Explosion is extremely tempting. I might even run a Curse set. Nattorei is an excellent Curser due to its 94 base Attack attack, unlike its relative Forretress.

My Curse set would look something like

Curse
Power Whip
Payback - Very potent with his Recoil damage (Yay with Helmet), low speed and Curse
Leech Seed

Hmmm that looks like a fun set to play. I am thinking gyro ball, power whip, toxic, payback.

But the deal is you have to scout before deploying this thing because it is shandeera bait in every sense of the word. It would be good if paired with shibirudon or flygon because they are both good scouts with good defenses and u turn. sazando and archeos are good, very offensive partners. slowbro is a strong defensive partner.

breh

強いだね
I really don't get why this thing doesn't get rapid spin it just... doesn't make any sense.
It's a ball of metal.Delibird can spin rapidly but this thing can't? Gamefreak has wierd thinkers.

Actually its prevo's sprite animation shows it spinning.. rapidly

Anyway does bullet seed deserve a mention? Although I realize that it's not made for breaking subs, most times, it will approach the power of seed bomb, and on others, it will go over it (it's 25 power now, btw, according to serebii)

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Hey is it a legit movepool of Spikes Stealth Rock Leech Seed Gyro Ball all in the same set?
I've investigated the situation too, given my avatar, and I'm pretty sure you can have any two but not all three.

Cacturne supplies Spikes and Leech Seed, Torterra supplies Stealth Rock and Leech Seed, and the Bug/Rock hermit crab (#557 IIRC) supplies Stealth Rock and Spikes. Nothing I see can give all three.

Oh well. =/
No.

So I'd assume SR, Spikes from the rock hermit would eb the best as they are the most important ones IMO. What would be a good last move? Toxic? Power Whip? And anyone have a good EV Spread for this pokemon to act as a wall/lead.

My Curse set would look something like

Curse
Power Whip
Payback - Very potent with his Recoil damage (Yay with Helmet), low speed and Curse
Leech Seed
Wouldn't Gyro Ball be a better option over Payback? Not only does it get STAB, it also benefits from Curse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)