Ferrothorn

Yeah, Leech Seed/Spikes/Gravity/Gyro Ball would piss the opponent off once all Fire/Fighting users are out of the picture. Set down 3 layers of Spikes early in the game, then later on heal up with your Wish supporter, bring Gravity up and Leech Seed stall the rest of the match, causing residual damage from Leech Seed, Leech Seed switching and losing a guranteed 25% of your health to Spikes in Gravity, and hitting Nattorei. Stall time!

On a side note, Gamefreak keeps making better and better multipurpose walls. Claydol, Bronzong, now this guy!

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Yeah, Leech Seed/Spikes/Gravity/Gyro Ball would piss the opponent off once all Fire/Fighting users are out of the picture. Set down 3 layers of Spikes early in the game, then later on heal up with your Wish supporter, bring Gravity up and Leech Seed stall the rest of the match, causing residual damage from Leech Seed, Leech Seed switching and losing a guranteed 25% of your health to Spikes in Gravity, and hitting Nattorei. Stall time!

On a side note, Gamefreak keeps making better and better multipurpose walls. Claydol, Bronzong, now this guy!
Also can't have Gravity + Spikes, unfortunately.

This is the list of this Pokemon's illegal moveset combinations as far as I know.

Code:
Tesshido:
Gravity + Spikes
Bullet Seed + Gravity + Stealth Rock
Bullet Seed + Spikes + Stealth Rock
Gravity + Leech Seed + Stealth Rock
Gravity + Seed Bomb + Stealth Rock
Gravity + Stealth Rock + Worry Seed
Leech Seed + Spikes + Stealth Rock
Seed Bomb + Spikes + Stealth Rock
Spikes + Stealth Rock + Worry Seed

Nattorel (I always think of Nutella when I type its name) and Burunkeru will probably make a potent combo, as pointed out above. Together, they resist every type in the game except for Ground and Rock, which is easily patched up by something like Torterra or Claydol:

Nattorel: Water, Grass, Electric, Normal, Dark, Ghost, Steel, Dragon, Poison, Psychic, Rock
Burunkeru: Bug, Fighting, Fire, Ice

As previously mentioned, Burunkeru could serve as a potent spinblocker, with the distinction of being the only ghost to learn Recover.
I always think of Nutella too! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Now THIS I like! Perhaps the first true synergy of Gen V Pokemon so far. Given the presupposed power of weather teams this generation, having a duo that can effectively neuter Drizzle/Drought teams is huge. Of course, Sandstorm teams still pose a bit of a threat, but perhaps Altaria and its Cloud Nine ability could be thrown in the mix for a three-way anti-weather-fest.

Infernape/Rapidash/Blaziken/Victini/Heatran/Hihidaruma/Shandera with Solarbeam under the sun.

Or even Ninetails herself with Energy Ball. And there are more fire types with Grass type moves. I'm really liking this poke, however, it certainly isn't going to dominate weather teams just because it found a "friend".

Rain Dance lack fire type moves, but that's not to say they couldn't dispose of Natorei (excuse my spelling :P). Submersion, for example could simply change its type.

Nuttre gets both Spikes and Stealth Rock via breeding.

Personally, I could see it being a serious stop to Rain teams, especially now that Politoed has drizzle. There is literally no Rain sweeper that uses fighting moves (save SD Lucidolo off of a lower attack score), and lol Fire attacks in the rain means that it can essentially switch in, set up a layer or two of hazards, and Explode to waste rain turns and remove a sweeper.
Poliwrath gets swift swim now, so he's going to be a deadly sweeper WITH a fighting move and bulk up. With great defenses I see Poliwrath being a great counter to natt if your ever faced with one on a rain team. If this has been said already please forgive me =)

Poliwrath gets swift swim now, so he's going to be a deadly sweeper WITH a fighting move and bulk up. With great defenses I see Poliwrath being a great counter to natt if your ever faced with one on a rain team. If this has been said already please forgive me =)
-clap, clap- Can't have these Natorei enthusiast putting down the power of Rain Dance teams. :)

Well obviously with the versatility of Rain Dance teams and the multitude of pokemon that enjoy a drizzle, a single pokemon that can handle all of them would simply be a daunting task. Nattorei does a great job handling a large mass of them however, and will be greatly welcomed on any sun team I decide to make.

One of the things of interest. How would one go about getting Stealth rock Spikes combo? Just wondering.
I've investigated the situation too, given my avatar, and I'm pretty sure you can have any two but not all three.

Cacturne supplies Spikes and Leech Seed, Torterra supplies Stealth Rock and Leech Seed, and the Bug/Rock hermit crab (#557 IIRC) supplies Stealth Rock and Spikes. Nothing I see can give all three.

Oh well. =/
Also, this Pokemon has a ton of illegal egg combos that are useful. Most of the time, a Pokemon only has 2 or 3 good Egg Moves and they usually can come from the same Pokemon.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I nearly cried when I saw that Spikes+Stealth Rock+Leech Seed was illegal.

Gonna see how Spikes/Leech Seed/Ingrain/Gyro Ball goes.

Sets I'm considering:

Spikes/SR/Power Whip/Explosion
Spikes/SR/Grass Knot/Explosion
Thunder Wave/SR/Power Whip/Explosion
Thunder Wave/SR/Grass Knot/Explosion
Max Def, MAx HP, Rugged Helmet

lol why Explosion on so many sets? It doesn't halve the defender's defense anymore, and Nattorei has a ton of utility. I've managed to use Wish with my Vaporeon as Blissey comes in, then bring in Nattorei when it tries to Toxic and then it helped me stop a Starmie sweep. Standard Nattorei should be Spikes/Power Whip/Gyro Ball/Stealth Rock or Leech Seed. 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD with a Relaxed nature has worked well for me. Shed Shell isn't really necessary because you can see your opponent's team, so Rugged Helmet is good. If they have Shanderaa or Magnezone, just be careful using him.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Wish got nerfed, didn't it?

Specially Defensive is definitely the best spread; the top thing you're relying on Nattorei to stop is probably Lati@s.

Specially Defensive is definitely the best spread; the top thing you're relying on Nattorei to stop is probably Lati@s.
Wish was only nerfed If the original user has bad hp(some of the eevee family) but Blissy could fully restore some pokes with wish so im going to say it improved.

The main users of it in Gen IV OU, Blissey and Vaporeon, have massive HP stats. Nattorei has pretty average HP, so it will regain a ton of HP from Wish. I'd say it's more of a buff than nerf, since it nows passes 50% of the Wish users health to the recipient.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, thing is, with this thing, recovery is obsolete. This thing NEEDS Wish, as some other fellow posters have outlined. Otherwise it can go the Forretress route and use a Rest Talk / Sleep Talk set.

Just therorymoning, but Magnezone seems like a decent counter as long as it has hp fire or fighting.

Something along the lines of:

Substitute
thunderbolt/Thunder
Hidden power Fire/Fighting
Filler

I'm thinking forry with different typing, more resists and gasp, good stab. That and water resist helps alot, combined with 74 131 116 bulk. Definitely an in on rain teams because it can check tyranitar the waters that take advantage of rain. resists dragon water as well.

Wait, explosion's still good even after they nerfed it? Would it be viable to put sandstorm in that slot for Shuckle? And theorymonetically, would it not help you fight the Politoed?

-clap, clap- Can't have these Natorei enthusiast putting down the power of Rain Dance teams. :)
Actually combined with burunkeru (who easily handles poliwrath) this duo really does put a stop to rain dance teams. I have seen a lot more sun than rain teams during alpha test on PO and i believe this duo is a reason for that.

As far as the sun teams go, Ninetales itself is actually a big trouble for this duo, as Burunkeru's boiling water does lol damage in the sun and energy ball in return hurts quite a bit. And nattorei obviously has to switch out of ninetales immediately.

Kingdra has found another counter to his dual STAB other than empoleon
Yah haha and this one can actually do something instead of sitting their like a dumb ass...
And with all the hype this new duo is getting im deffinetly going to use Sazando in every team i make :O...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)