First ASB Tournament Predictions Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely sure either I didn't play my first round well, and I'm gonna be scrambling the rest of the match to make up for it.

wow, people are expecting me to win. That's weird.

I dunno about my second round, i definitely aced the first.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I'd be voting for Galladiator. Swampert + Starmie vs. Colossoil + Whimsicott is not a good matchup when I have to release first. Anyway, I wish I could have entered. I can't believe I had one counter left out of ~80 at the time I'd have to start up. hmmph.

few things are as depressing as knowing that your opponent has 50% more votes than you even when you have a matchup advantage... dangit Shadoo!

few things are as depressing as knowing that your opponent has 50% more votes than you even when you have a matchup advantage... dangit Shadoo!
Hence why I asked if people actually checked the assignments properly. I know I didn't bother, and guessed like a fortuneteller.

Also: :happybrain:

Maybe it's because they didn't check the teams and you're the more experienced battler. But either way, this gives me a new mission: You know the people that think I won't win or will do poorly and stuff? I want to prove them wrong. I don't care as much about winning, (though it'd be nice) I want to make a name for myself. I want to go from "Spenstar, no-skill newb" to "Spenstar, respectable battler". Do you get what I'm saying or am I just rambling? :/

Maybe it's because they didn't check the teams and you're the more experienced battler. But either way, this gives me a new mission: You know the people that think I won't win or will do poorly and stuff? I want to prove them wrong. I don't care as much about winning, (though it'd be nice) I want to make a name for myself. I want to go from "Spenstar, no-skill newb" to "Spenstar, respectable battler". Do you get what I'm saying or am I just rambling? :/
I do. But experience means nothing. I mean, for God's sake, my record is 4-9-0. And two of those wins were by DQ. I SUCK.

the guys on the IRC channel seem to disagree. When I asked about you, they said that you're a good battler but you lose a lot, and the implication seems to be that your mons are just in the wrong situations most of the time or that the RNG hates you. I can tell that you have at least some degree of respect in this forum, and besides, 2/3 of voters think you'll win our battle. And who's to say those 2 DQ wins weren;t actually ragequits? x)

Lol Spenstar, at least you're not up against DarkSlay like I am (zero votes haha, understandably though since he owns). I plan to go down fighting!

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yay, 0 votes!! That means my match has no effect on the predictions since everyone gets the same points no matter what. Which means I don't feel nearly as bad about picking against myself.

Lol Spenstar, at least you're not up against DarkSlay like I am (zero votes haha, understandably though since he owns). I plan to go down fighting!
Best way to go down is in a blaze of glory! Sorry about your rough luck, but you're doing great for a team of 2 NFEs against DarkSlay. Your breezi kinda pwnd his Gengar round one, so 'grats to you! x)

I'll be editing in winners for each matchup into the predictions post so you don't have to jump between here and the main thread. Speaking of which, we have our first win, and it's an upset predictions-wise, with Darkamber8828 taking down SDS!

If this proves anything, it's that predictions aren't always a good indicator of who will win the battle. Which is good news for meee ^_^

edit: wait a minute... WTF? A battle already FINISHED and mine hasn't started yet!

I'll be editing in winners for each matchup into the predictions post so you don't have to jump between here and the main thread. Speaking of which, we have our first win, and it's an upset predictions-wise, with Darkamber8828 taking down SDS!
Called it.

Anyway, one thing I like about this tournament compared to, say, the official Smogon Tournament Predictions, is that you can accurately compare teams. I picked Darkamber to win because I thought he had a type advantage, and that paid off pretty well. (It's also why I voted myself over Atheno, no offense to him).

Nice to see that some people think I can hold my own against one of the vets; the Rock Slide miss R1 means that HD has gone from a slight advantage to a very difficult-to-overcome one.

I forget who I called-but the Kaxtar win makes me facepalm. (I guessed Zarator.)

EDIT: I think I DID guess DarkAmber. There wasn't much way that SDS was getting around a Heracross with those mons.

Also,...no offense to my opponent, but I kind of pity the ten people who voted ElDino. Krill is being a beast against Garchomp (I discovered the value of Imprison early on in the match), and even better, I have a Syclant in the wings for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)