Gen 2 PS Development - Post bugs here

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Still lots of moveset issues in OU. I'm told Blissey can't run Toxic and Light Screen with Heal Bell, for example.

Unless I am wrong here I keep getting this message Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Charizard can't learn Earthquake because it's incompatible with another move. - Charizard can't learn Fire Blast because it's incompatible with another move.
I am using the standard drum set

Charizard @ Leftovers
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide

Unless I am wrong all these moves should be viable together
edit: read through the last page an found this was reported earlier but never fixed

Last edited:

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
glare is only 75% accurate in gen 2 (currently implemented as 100%)

edit: I just realised this is probably a bug with the move description display

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't know if RBY is leaking or what, but in this log a paralyzed Snorlax moves first against a paralyzed Porygon2 (Turn 22). No negative priority moves, quick claw, or anything.

Although even in RBY I think that'd be an incorrect implementation because the Pgon2 wasn't paralyzed until after Belly Drum was used.

Replays are down, so couldn't save it, but from a battle between prozac and Typhlito, paralyzed Exeggutor vs paralyzed Raikou:

Turn 15
Exeggutor, come back!
Go! Raikou!
Raikou is hurt by the spikes!
The opposing Exeggutor is paralyzed! It can't move!
Raikou restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Exeggutor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 16
The opposing Exeggutor used Explosion!
Raikou lost 93.2% of its health!
Raikou fainted!
The opposing Exeggutor fainted!
★Tycoon Prozac: i thought i was faster
&Jellicent: how did egg outspeed?
★Tycoon Prozac: idk
★Typhlito: thats what i was wondering lol

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
- Stat scaling rollovers behind Reflect and Light Screen (same sort of deal with boosting attack with Thick Club equipped).

-
I don't know if RBY is leaking or what, but in this log a paralyzed Snorlax moves first against a paralyzed Porygon2 (Turn 22). No negative priority moves, quick claw, or anything.

Although even in RBY I think that'd be an incorrect implementation because the Pgon2 wasn't paralyzed until after Belly Drum was used.
^Whatever happened here (I seriously have no idea @_@)

- Move compatibility issues are probably still present because of TheImmortal not knowing you could trade gen 2 back to gen 1 until recently. This probably influenced a bunch of wrong implementation x.x

I think that is about it other than the possible bug Jellicent pointed out if a negative priority move or Quick Claw wasn't involved:
Replays are down, so couldn't save it, but from a battle between prozac and Typhlito, paralyzed Exeggutor vs paralyzed Raikou:

Turn 15
Exeggutor, come back!
Go! Raikou!
Raikou is hurt by the spikes!
The opposing Exeggutor is paralyzed! It can't move!
Raikou restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Exeggutor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 16
The opposing Exeggutor used Explosion!
Raikou lost 93.2% of its health!
Raikou fainted!
The opposing Exeggutor fainted!
★Tycoon Prozac: i thought i was faster
&Jellicent: how did egg outspeed?
★Tycoon Prozac: idk
★Typhlito: thats what i was wondering lol
Joim

Main thing I can still see is a bunch of moveset issues it seems even though they are 100% legititimate.
Umbreon cannot have Charm(Egg Move) Toxic(TM) Rest(TM) Pursuit(Level-UP)
Gengar is Illegal with Perish Song/ Mean Look/ Protect/ Thunderbolt

There are many moves that can be called with sleep talk not be an attack and still work.
There are items missing from GSC Polkadotbow, Miracle Berry, Beserk Gene

Move compatibility issues are probably still present because of TheImmortal not knowing you could trade gen 2 back to gen 1 until recently. This probably influenced a bunch of wrong implementation x.x

I'd also like to request at least a Gen 2 UU Ladder as well.
alot more people would play gen 2 all the traffic from PO if all changes were implemented.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Main thing I can still see is a bunch of moveset issues it seems even though they are 100% legititimate.
Umbreon cannot have Charm(Egg Move) Toxic(TM) Rest(TM) Pursuit(Level-UP)
Gengar is Illegal with Perish Song/ Mean Look/ Protect/ Thunderbolt

There are many moves that can be called with sleep talk not be an attack and still work.
There are items missing from GSC Polkadotbow, Miracle Berry, Beserk Gene

Move compatibility issues are probably still present because of TheImmortal not knowing you could trade gen 2 back to gen 1 until recently. This probably influenced a bunch of wrong implementation x.x

I'd also like to request at least a Gen 2 UU Ladder as well.
alot more people would play gen 2 all the traffic from PO if all changes were implemented.
All these bugs and issues are known.

hi,i've searched a battle GSC and the results is

1. - Wisdom not Intelle (Alakazam) can't learn Psychic because it's incompatible with another move.
  2. - Wisdom not Intelle (Alakazam) can't learn Recover because it's incompatible with another move.
  3. - Benevolent plague (Blissey) can't learn Soft-Boiled because it's incompatible with another move.
  4. - Benevolent plague (Blissey) can't learn Toxic because it's incompatible with another move

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
hi,i've searched a battle GSC and the results is

1. - Wisdom not Intelle (Alakazam) can't learn Psychic because it's incompatible with another move.
  2. - Wisdom not Intelle (Alakazam) can't learn Recover because it's incompatible with another move.
  3. - Benevolent plague (Blissey) can't learn Soft-Boiled because it's incompatible with another move.
  4. - Benevolent plague (Blissey) can't learn Toxic because it's incompatible with another move
the moveset incompatibilities are already a known bug.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I think the issue is not like a mon-by-mon issue but like structural x_x I don't know the words but hopefully that makes sense

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is this still happening?
Also hi I'm back from LoA, can I get the list of things to fix?
yes, glitchdrum is still not happening. And as already reported, I think the issue with the paralysis speed is that for some reason the paralyzed slower pokemon is faster than the paralyzed faster pokemon, it only applies if both pokemon are parad though.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-271778899
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-271779606

and the belly drum thing
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-271777811

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
And as already reported, I think the issue with the paralysis speed is that for some reason the paralyzed slower pokemon is faster than the paralyzed faster pokemon, it only applies if both pokemon are parad though.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-271778899
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2ou-271779606
Oh I see, last time I checked if that was a bug I got completely normal results, but it seems I was just unlucky, just as you have been lucky in those replays. As it turns out, it's actually a Speed tie because paralyzed Pokemon are having their Speed dropped to 1. I don't have time to investigate further right now, but it probably has something to do with this: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/mods/gen2/scripts.js#L31-L33

Joim, what was the intention here and would it be best just to use the modifier system from every future gen?

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Marty iirc that's to be able to use the stat modifying events on gens 1 and 2, and those have their own stystem for the whole ordeal with how the stats are calculated and bugged with the calls containing "pokémon whose turn is not".

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Turn 26

Blissey used Sunny Day!
The sunlight turned harsh!

The opposing Snorlax used Body Slam!
Blissey lost 60% of its health!

Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 27

Blissey used Solar Beam!
Blissey absorbed light!
The opposing Snorlax lost 20% of its health!

The opposing Snorlax used Body Slam!
Blissey lost 22% of its health!

Blissey fainted!

Go! Skarmory!

The opposing Snorlax restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 28

The opposing Snorlax used Fire Blast!
It's super effective! Skarmory lost 56.0% of its health!

Skarmory used Whirlwind!

Zapdos was dragged out!

Skarmory restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

so this was pretty weird, my snorlax used fire blast against a skarmory under sun (+1) and it dealt damage equivalent to what fire blast would normally do to skarmory without a boost

for reference:
Snorlax Fire Blast vs. Skarmory: 166-196 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Snorlax Fire Blast vs. Skarmory in Sun: 250-294 (75 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)