1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

GRAMMAR DOJO

Discussion in 'Archives' started by sandshrewz, Jun 10, 2012.

1. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Bumping this with approval from Fate >.> Was trying this out a bad idea or is everyone busy? :x In my own perspective and experience, discussing GP stuff with others was a quick way to learn things and remember them. You can also rub off some knowledge from others such as how to make prose better and what are the alternatives and better changes that can be made. GP is a broad subject that can work on many opinions. Usually, the more opinions you get, the better it is. By having some discussion, hopefully everyone can learn something new that they probably wouldn't unless they often seek other opinions.

Hopefully this can continue for a while and everyone can benefit from this exercise and this doesn't get moved to Archives so soon >.> If you feel that this probably needs a couple of modifications / suggestion, feel free to tell me or post here :)

2. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Doubles Co-Lead

this looks like fun, wish i'd seen this before, i'm editing in the paragraph with gp checks so don't archive please!

add drop commentary

Show Hide
    Wynaut has a terrible movepool, that's comparable to that of Unown, asit has only seven moves to choose from, and one of them being Magikarp's signature move: Splash.Wynaut can be said to be worser than Unown in the sense that it doesn't even have a single attacking move which means that it's a One could even say that Wynaut's movepool is worse than Unown's, because it doesn't have a single attacking move, making it complete Taunt bait. Wynaut in practice is actually not too bad, though. Wynaut has an excellent ability in Shadow Tag that allows it to trap opposing Pokemon and prevent them from switching. Wynaut has all the tools it needs to KO Choice item users. It has It has all the tools it needs to KO Choice item users: an excellent ability in Shadow Tag that allows it to trap opposing Pokemon and prevent them from switching, and access to both Counter and Mirror Coat, that which allow Wynaut to pick the appropriate move to pick off Choice item users. Wynaut can also lock foes into the appropriate non-threatening moves with Encore, or. Wynaut can also use Destiny Bond to bring down the opponent together with it in its suicide if Counter and Mirror Coat are not enough. Wynaut can opt to use Tickle and then bring in aPursuiter to KO a fleeing opponent with its lowered Defence that entire sentence is just awkward - makes the pursuit user sound like the one with lowered defense. It can also use Tickle to lower the opponent's defense, then switch to a Pursuit user to KO the fleeing opponent. Wynaut's stats are almost as terrible as its movepool. It only has a reasonable base 95 HP paired with terrible base 48 defenses, though it does have Eviolite to bolster its defenses to respectable levels.. Wynaut has Eviolite to bolster its defenses a little, however. Wynaut's Psychic-typing is also one of its downfall as it makes it a yet another downfall, as it makes it Pursuit bait. Wynaut's saving grace is pretty much only its access to both Counter and Mirror Coat and its great ability, Shadow Tag also one of the best ability in Shadow Tag. It is useful for does best at dispatching Choice-locked Pokemon and probably nothing more.

wow there is so much redundancy in that paragraph i want to bash my head against a wall asdf

OKAY DONE
  3. ShortsTheory

ShortsTheory

Ugh, this paragraph needed so many changes. The notorious diff app screwed up.

Ugly diff (open)

Wynaut has a terrible movepool that's comparable to that of Unown, it has only seven moves to choose from and one of them being Magikarp's signature move: Splash. Wynaut can be said to be worser than Unown in the sense that it doesn't even have a single attacking move which means that it's a complete Taunt bait. Wynaut in practice is actually not too bad though. Wynaut has an excellent ability in Shadow Tag that allows it to trap opposing Pokemon and prevent them from switching. Wynaut has all the tools it needs to KO Choice item users. It has access to both Counter and Mirror Coat that allow Wynaut to pick the appropriate move to pick off Choice item users. Wynaut can also lock foes into the appropriate moves with Encore. Wynaut can also use Destiny Bond to bring down the opponent together with it in its suicide if Counter and Mirror Coat are not enough. Wynaut can opt to use Tickle and then bring in a Pursuiter to KO a fleeing opponent with its lowered Defence. Wynauts stats are almost as terrible as its movepool. It only has a reasonable base 95 HP paired with terrible base 48 defenses. Wynaut has Eviolite to bolster its defenses a little, however. Wynaut's Psychic-typing is also one of its downfall as it makes it a Pursuit bait. Wynaut's saving grace is pretty much only its access to both Counter and Mirror Coat and also one of the best ability in Shadow Tag. It does best at dispatching Choice-locked Pokemon and probably nothing more's movepool is bad. So bad, that even Unown rivals its movepool. With just seven moves and out of that, a useless move in Splash, Wynaut is starved for options. In fact, Wynaut can be said to be worse than Unown in the sense that it doesn't even have a single attacking move which means that it is a perfect Taunt bait. Wynaut's stats are almost as terrible as its movepool. It only has a passable 95 base HP paired with terrible 48 base Defense and Special Defense. Wynaut has the ability to use an Eviolite to bolster its defenses a little, but it still suffers from having an awful Psychic-typing. However, Wynaut fares much better in practice than on paper. Wynaut has an excellent ability in Shadow Tag that allows it to trap opposing Pokemon and eliminate switches altogether. Wynaut has all the tools it needs to KO Choice-item users: it has access to both Counter and Mirror Coat allowing Wynaut to demolish Choice-item users. Wynaut can also lock foes into a move with Encore and proceed to use Mirror Coat or Counter. Additionally, Wynaut can play a suicidal role with Destiny Bond. Another strategy can involve Wynaut using Tickle, to lower the opponent's Defense and KO it with an ally Pokemon using Pursuit. However, Wynaut doesn't have much going for it; it can only bring down Choice-item locked Pokemon efficiently.

Perhaps the c/p makes much more sense to look at.

C/P (open)

Wynaut's movepool is bad. So bad, that even Unown rivals its movepool. With just seven moves and out of that, a useless move in Splash, Wynaut is starved for options. In fact, Wynaut can be said to be worse than Unown in the sense that it doesn't even have a single attacking move which means that it is a perfect Taunt bait. Wynaut's stats are almost as terrible as its movepool. It only has a passable 95 base HP paired with terrible 48 base Defense and Special Defense. Wynaut has the ability to use an Eviolite to bolster its defenses a little, but it still suffers from having an awful Psychic-typing. However, Wynaut fares much better in practice than on paper. Wynaut has an excellent ability in Shadow Tag that allows it to trap opposing Pokemon and eliminate switches altogether. Wynaut has all the tools it needs to KO Choice-item users: it has access to both Counter and Mirror Coat allowing Wynaut to demolish Choice-item users. Wynaut can also lock foes into a move with Encore and proceed to use Mirror Coat or Counter. Additionally, Wynaut can play a suicidal role with Destiny Bond. Another strategy can involve Wynaut using Tickle, to lower the opponent's Defense and KO it with an ally Pokemon using Pursuit. However, Wynaut doesn't have much going for it; it can only bring down Choice-item locked Pokemon efficiently.

Kinda sucked with this para, I think I put too much flavor. And, I'm starting to doubt my own sentence structure. :(
  4. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Haha guys this was meant to be working on top of each other's check so that the best possible check can be arrived at by a joint effort x) that was why I made this paragraph so terrible.to open more options when changing sentences etc :P

I guess it's fine to work on it the usual way but working on it together is almost certainly easier :P up to you if you want to edit now or the next checker can choose to work on one of the three checks done :) thanks guys ^_^

Also, sorry for not providing the commentary on the previous checks yet :x
  5. Yonko7

Yonko7 Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Show Hide

Wynaut has a terrible movepool that's comparable to that of Unown, it has only seven moves to choose from and one of them being Magikarp's signature move: Splash. Wynaut can be said to be worser more worse than Unown in the sense that it doesn't even have a single attacking move which that I think the clause about 'taunt bait' is an essential one. means that it's a complete Taunt bait. Wynaut in practice is actually not too bad though , Wynaut has an excellent ability in the form of Shadow Tag that allows it to trap opposing Pokemon and prevent them from switching. Wynaut has all the tools it needs to KO Choice item users. It has access to both Counter and Mirror Coat that allow Wynaut to pick the appropriate move to pick off Choice item users. Wynaut can also lock foes into the appropriate moves with Encore. Wynaut can also use Destiny Bond to bring down the opponent together with it in its suicide, if Counter and Mirror Coat are not enough. Wynaut can opt to use Tickle and then bring in a Pursuiter to KO a fleeing opponent with its lowered Defencse We're writing in 'American' English here right?. Wynauts stats are almost as terrible as its movepool. It only has a reasonable base 95 HP paired with terrible base 48 defenses. Wynaut has Eviolite to bolster its defenses a little, however. ,Wynaut's Psychic-typing is also one of its downfall as it makes it a Pursuit bait. Wynaut's saving grace is pretty much only its access to both Counter and Mirror Coat and also one of the best ability in Shadow Tag. It does best at dispatching Choice-locked Pokemon and probably nothing more.

To think English is my first language :>
  6. Electrolyte

Electrolyte I could hear the sirens sound
    is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

I'll give this a try...
    ADD
    (REMOVE)
    MY RAMBLING
    Show Hide

Wynaut's movepool is bad. (So bad, that even Unown rivals its movepool.) Let's move this sentence somewhere else. With just seven moves and out of that, a useless move in Splash, Wynaut is starved for options. Its movepool is so bad, many people put it on par with Unown. In fact, Wynaut can even be said to be worse than Unown in the sense that it doesn't even have a single attacking move which means that it is (a) perfect Taunt bait. Wynaut's stats are also almost as terrible as its movepool. It only has a passable 95 base HP paired with terrible 48 base Defense and Special Defense. Wynaut can (has the ability to) use an Eviolite to bolster its defenses a little, but it still suffers from having an awful Psychic(-)typing. No need for hyphens there. However, Wynaut fares much better in practice than on paper. Wynaut has an excellent ability in Shadow Tag that allows it to trap opposing Pokemon and eliminate switches altogether. Wynaut has all the tools it needs to KO Choice-item users: it has access to both Counter and Mirror Coat allowing Wynaut to demolish Choice-item users. Wynaut can also lock foes into a move with Encore and proceed to use Mirror Coat or Counter. Additionally, Wynaut can play a suicidal role with Destiny Bond. Another strategy can involve Wynaut using Tickle(,) to lower the opponent's Defense and KO it with an ally Pokemon using Pursuit. Still (However), Wynaut doesn't have much going for it(;) because it can only bring down Choice-item locked Pokemon efficiently.

C/P:
    Show Hide

Wynaut's movepool is bad. With just seven moves and out of that, a useless move in Splash, Wynaut is starved for options. Its movepool is so bad, many people put it on par with Unown. In fact, Wynaut can even be said to be worse than Unown in the sense that it doesn't even have a single attacking move which means that it is perfect Taunt bait. Wynaut's stats are also almost as terrible as its movepool. It only has a passable 95 base HP paired with terrible 48 base Defense and Special Defense. Wynaut can use an Eviolite to bolster its defenses a little, but it still suffers from having an awful Psychic typing. However, Wynaut fares much better in practice than on paper. Wynaut has an excellent ability in Shadow Tag that allows it to trap opposing Pokemon and eliminate switches altogether. Wynaut has all the tools it needs to KO Choice-item users: it has access to both Counter and Mirror Coat allowing Wynaut to demolish Choice-item users. Wynaut can also lock foes into a move with Encore and proceed to use Mirror Coat or Counter. Additionally, Wynaut can play a suicidal role with Destiny Bond. Another strategy can involve Wynaut using Tickle to lower the opponent's Defense and KO it with an ally Pokemon using Pursuit. Still, Wynaut doesn't have much going for it because it can only bring down Choice-item locked Pokemon efficiently.
  7. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego This is what is technically known as a Firecat
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

Well, I started this paragraph...which kind of got ignored and changed by a different user...but I might as well do it again!

Show Hide
    Wynaut's movepool is bad. With just seven moves—and out of that, the useless Splash—Wynaut is starved for options. Many people put it on par with Unown because its movepool is awful; Wynaut is said to be even worse than Unown in the sense that it doesn't have a single attacking move, which means that it's perfect Taunt bait. Wynaut's stats are also almost as terrible as its movepool; it has a passable base 95 HP stat, but terrible base 48 Defense and Special Defense stats. Wynaut can use an Eviolite to boost its defenses a little, but it still suffers from having a Psychic typing. However, Wynaut has an excellent ability in Shadow Tag, (add comma) in allowing it to trap opposing Pokemon and eliminate switches altogether. It also has all of the tools it needs to KO Choice item Pokemon; access to both Counter and Mirror Coat, allow Wynaut to demolish Choice Pokemon. Wynaut can also lock non-attacking foes into a move with Encore and proceed to do the same. Additionally, Wynaut can play a suicidal role with Destiny Bond, or use Tickle to lower the opponent's Defense and KO it with another team mate using Pursuit. Still, Wynaut doesn't have much going for it considering the fact it can bring down few Pokemon efficiently.
  8. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

Working over Gato's check.

Show Hide
    Wynaut's movepool is bad shallow. With just seven moves—and out of that, the uselessSplash—Wynaut is starved for options. Wynaut is said to be even worse than Unown in the sense that it doesn't have a single attacking move, which means that it's perfect Taunt bait. Wynaut's stats are also almost as terrible as its movepool; it has a passable base 95 HP stat, but terrible a measly base 48 in Defense and Special Defense stats. Wynaut can use an the Eviolite to boost its defenses a little, but even with improved defenses it still suffers from having a because of its Psychic typing. However, Wynaut has an excellent ability in Shadow Tag, allowing it to trap opposing Pokemon and eliminate switches altogether. Its shallow movepool contains also has all of the tools it needs to KO Choice item Pokemon wielding a Choice item; . <add period> aAccess to both Counter and Mirror Coat facilitate this. <add period> Wynaut can also lock non-attacking foes into a move with Encore. Additionally, Wynaut can play a suicidal role with Destiny Bond, or use Tickle to lower the opponent's Defense and later KO it with another teammate using Pursuit. Still, Wynaut doesn't have much going for it, <add comma> especially considering the fact that it can bring down very few Pokemon efficiently effectively.
  9. ChaoticaMortis

ChaoticaMortis

I'd appreciate having a new paragraph posted here to further polish my GP skills. Thread seemed like a great idea, but nothing's really happened in it for a while.
  10. sandshrewz

sandshrewz

Yea sorry I've neglected this for a while ;_; been busy :x anyway I do have another paragraph ready....

Paragraph 5 (open)

Metagross fares very well in OU with its excellent 135 base Attack and 130 base Defense. Being one of those few pokemon who can wall and break walls at the same time, Metagross has a movepool capable of pulling off a multilude of effective sets. Metagross has an excellent defensive dual-typing, which grants it a fantastic number of resistances and a useful neutrality to fighting, which plagues most of the other steel types in the tier. It even has a passable Special Attack stat to run mixed sets to great effect.

Despite Metagross' overall good stats, it is hindered by a less-than-stellar speed stat. Its typing also leaves it with rather poor coverage STAB. Metagross is also vulnerable to the newly improved Gliscor and new threats like Jellicent and Rotom-W. Metagross also despises Ground and Fire attacks, which are common in the OU tier. Fortunately, Metagross can patch up most of its shortcomings with moves like Agility and Magnet Rise, but the former cannot be thrown on all sets and the latter simply doesn't belong on most of Metagross' sets. Nonetheless, Metagross is a great choice for any OU team which needs an efficacious team player.

go ahead and do either paragraph 4 on top of 0078's check other start a new one with paragraph 5! :) note that paragraph 5 is to be done the usual way, ie submit individual checks. Also I do intend to continue commenting on the past checks when I get the time :) if any GPer wishes to do that, do contact me! Also there's still a lot of analyses to check so I thought that most people would be checking them instead of this haha >.>
  11. MysticNova

MysticNova

GP (open)
    Metagross fares very well in OU with With its excellent base 135 base Attack and base 130 base Defense, Metagross is capable of performing very well in OU. Being As one of those the few pokemon who can capable of both walling and breaking walls at the same time wall breaking, Metagross has possesses an extensive movepool capable of pulling off a multilude that allows it to pull off a multitude of effective sets. Metagross has also been blessed with an excellent defensive dual-typing typing in Steel/Psychic, which grants granting it a fantastic number of resistances and a useful neutrality to Fighting, an offensive typing that which plagues most of the many other Steel-types in the tier. It Metagross even has a passable Special Attack stat ,allowing it to run mixed sets to great effect.

Despite Metagross's overall good good overall stats, it is hindered by a less-than-stellar Speed stat. Its typing, while good defensively, leaves it with rather poor coverage STAB moves, possessing little coverage to speak of. Metagross is also vulnerable to the newly improved Gliscor and ,as well as new threats like Water types such as Jellicent and Rotom-W. In addition, Metagross also despises Ground and Fire attacks, both of which are commonly seen in the OU tier. Fortunately, Metagross can does have the ability to patch up most of its shortcomings with moves like Agility and Magnet Rise, but both have their flaws; the former cannot be thrown on all sets and requires a dedicated set, while the latter simply doesn't belong has no room to fit in on most, if not all, of Metagross' sets. Nonetheless, Metagross is a great choice for any OU team which in needs of an efficacious team player.

C/P (open)
    With its excellent base 135 Attack and base 130 Defense, Metagross is capable of performing very well in OU. As one of the few pokemon capable of both walling and wall breaking, Metagross possesses an extensive movepool that allows it to pull off a multitude of effective sets. Metagross has also been blessed with an excellent defensive typing in Steel/Psychic, granting it a fantastic number of resistances and a useful neutrality to Fighting, an offensive typing that plagues many other Steel types in the tier. Metagross even has a passable Special Attack stat, allowing it to run mixed sets to great effect.

Despite Metagross' good overall stats, it is hindered by a less-than-stellar Speed stat. Its typing, while good defensively, leaves it with rather poor STAB moves, possessing little coverage to speak of. Metagross is also vulnerable to the newly improved Gliscor, as well as Water types such as Jellicent and Rotom-W. In addition, Metagross despises Ground and Fire attacks, both of which are commonly seen in the OU tier. Metagross does have the ability to patch up most of its shortcomings with moves like Agility and Magnet Rise, but both have their flaws; the former requires a dedicated set, while the latter simply has no room to fit in on most, if not all, of Metagross' sets. Nonetheless, Metagross is a great choice for any OU team that is in need of an efficacious team player.

Well I just thought this would be interesting and gave it a try...
    Oh and pokemon0078, I'm pretty sure it would be a better idea to keep "bad", since "shallow" doesn't really have the tone or power necessary for a sentence like that.
  12. ChaoticaMortis

ChaoticaMortis

Damn, didn't get to completely finish, but this is what I have so far.

Remove
    Add
    (Comments)

Show Hide

Metagross fares very well in OU with its excellent 135 base Attack and 130 base Defense. Being , being one of those the few pokemon Pokemon who can wall and break walls at the same time, . (period instead of comma) Metagross has a Metagross's wide movepool and passable Special Attack stat make it capable of pulling off a multilude multitude of effective sets. Physical and mixed offense, defense, support, and everything in between are possible for Metagross. Metagross has Steel / Psychic is an excellent defensive dual-typing (the term is "dual typing"), (unnecessary comma) which grants it Metagross a fantastic number of resistances and a useful neutrality to fighting Fighting, which something that plagues most of the other steel types Steel-types in the tier. It even has a passable Special Attack stat to run mixed sets to great effect.

Despite Metagross's overall good stats, it is hindered by a less-than-stellar speed Speed stat. Its typing also leaves it with rather poor coverage for its STAB. Metagross is also vulnerable to the newly improved Gliscor and new threats like Jellicent and Rotom-W has trouble dealing with both old threats that have seen improvement, such as Gliscor, and emerging threats, such as Jellicent and Rotom-W. Metagross also despises Ground and Fire attacks, which are common in the OU tier. Fortunately, Metagross can patch up most of its shortcomings with moves like Agility and Magnet Rise, but the former cannot be thrown on all sets and the latter simply doesn't belong on most of Metagross' sets. Nonetheless, Metagross is a great choice for any OU team which needs an efficacious (consider using the word "effective", as very few users actually know what efficacious means) team player.
  13. GatoDelFuego

Mentor

Show Hide
    Metagross fares very well in OU With an excellent 135 base Attack and 130 base Defense, Metagross has the potential to do very well in OU. As a wallbreaker capable of taking quite a beating itself, Being one of those few pokemon who can wall and break walls at the same time, Metagross has a movepool capable of pulling off a multitude of effective sets. It also has an excellent defensive dual typing, which grants it a fantastic number of resistances including a lack of weakness to the Fighting-type, which plagues most of the other Steel-types in the tier. It even has a passable Special Attack stat, allowing it to run mixed sets to some effect.

Despite Metagross's overall good stats, it is hindered by a less-than-stellar Speed stat. Its typing, while defensively excellent, also leaves it with rather terrible STAB coverage. Metagross is also stopped easily by the newly improved Gliscor and new threats including Jellicent and Rotom-W. Metagross also despises Ground- and Fire-type attacks, which are common in the OU tier. Fortunately, Metagross can patch up most of its shortcomings with moves such as Agility and Magnet Rise, but these just aren't good enough solutions to get it past its top counters. Nevertheless, Metagross is a great choice for any OU team that needs a tenacious team player.

With an excellent 135 base Attack and 130 base Defense, Metagross has the potential to do very well in OU
    . As a wallbreaker capable of taking quite a beating itself, Metagross has a movepool capable of pulling off a multitude of effective sets. It also has an excellent defensive dual typing, which grants it a fantastic number of resistances including a lack of weakness to the Fighting-type, which plagues most of the other Steel-types in the tier. It even has a passable Special Attack stat, allowing it to run mixed sets to some effect.

Despite
    Metagross's overall good stats, it is hindered by a less-than-stellar Speed. Its typing, while defensively excellent, also leaves it with rather terrible STAB coverage. Metagross is also stopped easily by the newly improved Gliscor and new threats including Jellicent and Rotom-W. Metagross also despises Ground- and Fire-type attacks, which are common in OU. Fortunately, Metagross can patch up most of its shortcomings with moves such as Agility and Magnet Rise, but these just aren't good enough solutions to get it past its top counters. Nevertheless, Metagross is a great choice for any OU team that needs an tenacious team player.
  14. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

working over gato's check

Show Hide

With an excellent base 135 base Attack and 130 base Defense, Metagross has the potential to do very well in OU. As a wallbreaker capable of taking quite a beating itself, Metagross has a movepool capable of pulling off a multitude of effective sets. It also has an excellent defensive dual typing, With its wide movepool, Metagross can function as a wallbreaker, sweeper, or even revenge killer. which Its stellar defensive typing grants it a fantastic number of resistances, (add comma) including a lack of a weakness to the Fighting-type, which plagues most of the other Steel-types in the tier. It even has a passable Special Attack stat, allowing it to run a decent mixed set mixed sets to some effect.

Despite Metagross's overall good great stats, it is hindered by a less-than-stellar Speed stat. Its typing, while defensively excellent defensively, also leaves it with rather terrible STAB coverage. Metagross is also stopped easily by the newly new-and-improved Poison Heal Gliscor, (add comma) and as well as some new threats, (add comma) including Jellicent and Rotom-W with its new Water typing. Metagross also despises Ground- and Fire-type attacks, which are common in OU. Fortunately, Metagross can patch up most of its shortcomings with moves such as Agility and Magnet Rise, but these just aren't good enough solutions to get it past its top counters. Nevertheless, Metagross is a great choice for any OU team that needs an tenacious team player.

The second and third sentences were really ugly so I rewrote them pretty much completely.
  15. sandshrewz

sandshrewz

>.> the latest paragraph should be individual submissions >.>
  16. ShortsTheory

ShortsTheory

So the author of this para decides to comment ^.^

GatoDelFuego, do you really think that "tenacious" replaces "efficacious"? They mean very different things, please make sure you don't confuse synonyms in the future!

(besides "tenacious" is contextually wrong here)
  17. GatoDelFuego

Mentor

Well darn it. They sounded similar. Metagross is kind of tenacious anyway.
  18. sandshrewz

sandshrewz

I'm back! :D Sadly there weren't many checks for paragraph 3 ;_;

As usual, I didn't point out what changes that anyone left out as that's in the answer provided :) I only pointed out errors that you've made and what could be better alternatives. Will get to paragraph 4 soon !_! Oh and there's a GP backlock >.> so get working and check those analyses and if the GPers find them good enough we will stamp them ^_^
  19. GatoDelFuego

Mentor

You cannot ever be serious. I changed such as to like.......I may just go kill myself.

Anyway lol I think that was the first thing I checked after 7 or 8 months, before I did any amateur checks at all. God, I was awful 3:
  20. sandshrewz

sandshrewz

Approved by Jellicent

Seeing how this thread has remained untouched for more than a month, I guess most amateur gp checkers are probably busy checking analyses instead due to the huge gp backlog etc. Jelli and I will be giving this thread a new lease of life and completely changing how this will work. I appreciate how am checkers are slogging it out and doing checks left and right; you've not gone unnoticed though! While (some) GP checkers are also rushing to check as many analyses as possible, they might not have taken a look at am checks. This thread will serve to give responses to am checks upon request. Am checkers may ask for an opinion on their recent checks. However, each person is only allowed to send in one check at a time. Don't expect to get a response immediately once it's sent in though! We'll try to get to it as fast as possible. Also, post the link to the post containing the check, not the analysis thread so that we don't have to dig out where the check is :P

The aim of this is to of course provide assistance and doing this via this thread also lets others learn from this thread too. There are some grammar-related things that might not be commonly known that will probably be pointed out by reviewing checks :) It'll also be easier to look through checks and give responses to it instead of doing so via PMs or IRC. For new am checkers do read the following links to give yourself a headstart and familiarize yourself with GP standards:

So there you have it! We hope some of you, aspiring checkers, will join the GP Team and wield the Alakastamp and this thread hopes to provide you a platform in your endeavors :)

[​IMG]
  21. Jukain

Jukain .leaf

hi can i have some feedback on this am check?

Deoxys-N
  22. GatoDelFuego

Mentor

23. sandshrewz

sandshrewz

My comments in bold blue

This is a pretty good check. I left you couple of ? here and there as optional changes for you to consider :) You're getting close imo.

Gosh this is a long analysis and took like an hour @_@
  24. GatoDelFuego

Mentor

Curse you curly apostrophes! Smogon should be at a level where the writers should never force the checkers to check for those things......

I do believe that is the correct usage of infamous lol. A lot of these changes I've never made before, and never got corrected on them. Interesting. I'll be sure to start making them in the future. Again, that's a pretty old check and I think I've learned a few things since then.
  25. sandshrewz

sandshrewz

I probably wouldn't refer to 4ms as having bad reputation >.> well it's pretty vauge to tell if something has bad reputation, so it's better to just avoid it anyway :) Thanks for participating! Let's see if more people will~ :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)