GRAMMAR DOJO

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry! It's not that I've forgotten about this. Things unexpectedly came up and I had to deal with them (that and the fact that my computer logs me off at 8 PM every night deters my logging on to here.)

Anyway, the answers are all here in Jukain's post, as he got them all right! Congrats! I will try and get to everyone's posts, but I'll do so in PM / IRC. Thanks for participating! The next assignment will be up in a day or two.

Politoed

[SET]

N
name: cChoice toed
M
Specs
m
ove 1: Hydro pPump
Mmove 2: Ice Beam
Mmove 3: Focis bus Blast
Mmove 4: hp [grass]
I
Hidden Power Grass
i
tem: cChoice sSpecs
Aability: dDrizzle
Nnature: mModest
Eevs: 252 HP/252 SpAtk/4 Spe
Ivs: 31/30/31/30/31/31
(add space)/(add space)252 SpA(add space)/(add space)4 Spe
[hidden power ivs aren't included unless they're distinct from the standard]

Keldeo

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
Mmove 1: Surf
Mmove 2: Hydro pPump
Mmove 3: Hidden Power [Ice]
M

m
ove 4: sSecret Sword
Iitem: Choice sScarf
Nnature: Timid
Eevs: 252 SpA/4 HP(space)/(space)252 SpA(add space)/(add space)252 Spe/4 HP

Treecko

[SET]
name: aAttacking lLead
move 1: LEeaf storm
move 2: Hidden Power Fire
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Quick Attack
Iitem: Eviolite / Focus Sash
Aability: Overgrow
Nnature: Hasty / Naïive
Eevs: 36 HP / 240 SpA / 200 Spe

Swampert

[setSET]
name: Endeavor
move 1: Endeavor
move 2: Substitute
move 3: Hydro Pump / sSurf
move 4: Ice(add space)Beam
item: Salac Berry
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Tauros

[SET]
name: Standard
move 1: Body Slam
move 2: Hyper Beam
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Blizzard
[if this was a gen 5 analysis, then item, ability, nature, and evs would be needed, but it's for rby]

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Redew and Gato are lazy busy so I decided to garble up something I wrote for you all to check:
Attacking move chioce of Thunder that is first, obviously requires rain to be usable. Rain is a great asset for Jirachi with the high paralysis chance and killing of Thunder and the negation of Jirachi's Fire type weakness. Rain does make water attacks hurt; however merit exists to using Jirachi with other weathers, where Thunderbolt does cool things. Thunder is crucial to hit bulky waters like Jellicent hard. The second attacking move is a toss-up between three options, Psyshock wins in Calm Mind wars and hurts Blissey, Chansey, Toxicroak, and Breloom some, while Flash Cannon has powerful neutral coverage though Psyshock lacks somewhat. The other option is WP, allows Jirachi to a devastating para fuison strategy employ. Just be sure to in rain use it so it hits kinda hard whenever.

Yeah it's not THAT bad but whatever, enjoy checking to your heart's content~

Please don't look at the actual answer.

tehy

Banned deucer.
I don't think there are so much grammar problems as whole sentence problems.

Where exactly do we draw the line here?

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
First time trying this, hopefully I'll get close ;)
AThe first attacking move of choioce of, Thunder that is first, obviously requires rain to be usablep. Rain is a great asset for Jirachi w, as it negates its Fire-type weakness while perfecting Thunder's accuracy, a move that has a high paralysis chance (further boosted by Serene Grace) and killing of This incredibly strong. However, under and the negation ofrain, Jirachi's Fire type weakness. Rain does make w a lot of damage from Water-type attacks, hurt; however merit exists to using Jirachi withunder other weathers, where Thunderbolt does cool has its merits; in things.s case, Thunder is crucial to hbolt should be used. Hitting bulky wWater-types for a solike Jellicent hardd amount of damage will be missed though. The second attacking move is a toss-up between three options,; Psyshock winsalmost always guarantees Jirachi's victory in Calm Mind wars, and hurdents Blissey, Chansey, Toxicroak, and most Breloom some, while Flash Cannon has powerful neutral coverage, somethoughing that Psyshock lacks somewhat. The other option is Water Pulse, which allows Jirachi to employ a devastating para fuison strategy employ. Just be sure to use it in rain use, as it so it hits kinda hard wheneverlacks power otherwise.

Jukain you grammar more gooder then anyone else's. :P

Additions
Deletions
Rain improves upon many facets of the already stellar Pokemon Jirachi. Attacking move chioice of Thunder that is first, obviously requires rain to be usable. Firstly, Rain support allows Jirachi to use Thunder, is a great asset for Jirachi to abuse due to its with the high paralysis chance and killing of Thunder power. and In addition, rain negates Jirachi's fire Fire-type weakness, although it boosts Water-type moves targeted towards Jirachi. the negation of Jirachi's Fire type weakness. Rain does make water attacks hurt; however merit exists to using Jirachi with other weathers, where Thunderbolt does cool things. If not using rain, thunderbolt is an option, although Thunder is considered crucial in order to hit bulky Wwaters-types such as like Jellicent hard;, and the decrease in power from Thunder is extremely noticeable. There are three options for the The second attacking move is a toss-up between three options,: Psyshock, Flash Cannon, and Water Pulse. Psyshock is helpful against other wins in Calm Mind users wars and greatly damages hurts Blissey, Chansey, Toxicroak, and Breloom some, while Flash Cannon has boasts powerful neutral coverage though that Psyshock lacks somewhat. The third other option is Water Pulse, which allows Jirachi to utilize a devastating para-fuision strategy employ. Rain support is also appreciated when using Water Pulse, as it boosts its power. Just be sure to in rain use it so it hits kinda hard whenever.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not posting the answer key yet, but I'd just like to say that both of you changed the meaning of the writing too much in your checks. Please look them over again. I'll give more complete commentaries later.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Posting in a sec; diff isn't working for some reason

EDIT: Ok.. It isn't working, Imma keep trying to get the diff, but for the time being, I'll just post my changes.
<p>While Thunder is one of Jirachi's powerful attacking moves, rain must be present in order for Thunder to have perfect accuracy. Thunder is also a crucial move to hit bulky Water-types, such as Jellicent, hard. Being in the rain not only aid Jirachi by turning Thunder into a threatening attack due to its high paralysis chance: it also negates Jirachi's Fire-type weakness. However, Water-type moves can potentially dent Jirachi in rain, so it can be used in other weathers; Thunderbolt can replace Thunder in such a situation. The final attacking moveslot has three options: Psyshock is a great move against opposing Calm Mind users, and it fares well against Blissey, Chansey, Toxicroak, and Breloom. Flash Cannon is a strong STAB move that has decent neutral coverage, something Psyshock lacks. The final option is Water Pulse, allowing Jirachi to make a devastating parafusion strategy with Thunder. Water Pulse becomes stronger in rain, so being in that environment is recommended.</p>

Jukain

!_!
I'd like to see some checks that focus more on fixing the grammar; I didn't want you guys to rewrite the whole thing.

Jukain

!_!
governess's check is pretty much golden.

nice job rohail17 also; you changed the least while fixing all the problems, which was really the goal. just watch out where it discusses why you might use jirachi in other weathers. you took out the important part about jirachi's fire-type weakness.

gscchris, i think you got a bit too subjective. you basically rewrote the whole thing, which wasn't the idea. you also messed up some things; for example, "abuse" should never be used in that way.

i'll post something more pokegrammarish later, good job all (you can still post checks).

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
NEW PROSE YAY FINALLY

Okay, here's something from an old analysis. Again, don't look anything up (besides grammar and pokegrammar.) I'll ACTUALLY have an answer key this time!!! Good luck, and may the force be with you.

[Overview]

<p>With the advent of BW2 move tutors brought new moves to Magnezone's arsenal, it still brought a lot of threats to it as well. For instance, Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Landorus-T, Thundurus-T and many pokemon getting Superpower mean Magnezone will have to switch out more often. The common fire-, ground-, and fighting-type weaknesses is still problematic in this metagame. Combine that with a poor base 60 Speed stat and that makes seem like a mediocre pokemon. Magnezone also has trouble breaking past Blissey and Chansey which every special attacker suffers. Magneton, Magnezone's previous evolution has a higher speed as well.</p>

<p>However, do not make these bad traits fool you as to not to use Magnezone. When looking at it's abilities, one will be impressed. It gains Magnet Pull, an ability that trap and eliminate steel-types, allowing pokemon such as Dragonite, Salamence, Kyurem-B and Haxorus spam their awesome lethal Outrages and help other pokemon like Swords Dance Scizor clean teams with Bullet Punch. With Dream World giving it Analytic it can make it's Choice Specs set so strong that even Choice Specs Palkia, who is Ubers, even jealous. Magnezone is also the heart of DragMag teams and despite its common weaknesses, Magnezone's steel-typing has some nifty resistances that let it take Outrages with its 115 base Defense stat and can go toe to toe against BoltBeam coverage. Magnezone even has access to BoltBeam itself when using Hidden Power [Ice]. Despite the huge amount of new threats that destroy it, Magnezone still keeps its niche as a powerful, bulky, steel killing, special attacker, the main reason it has stayed in OU this generation as well.

A lot of things are subjective, so don't worry too much about being different than others, haha.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Finally! Another Grammar Dojo! I've been waiting almost a month for this T_T (Didn't notice Jukain's, unfortunately)

A lot of things are subjective, so don't worry too much about being different than others, haha.
Oh, thank goodness. This one was all over the place, haha.

[Overview]

[Overview]

<p>With the advent of BW2, move tutors brought new moves to Magnezone's arsenal. However, it still brought a lot of threats to it as well. For instance, Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Landorus-T, Thundurus-T, and many pPokemon getting Superpower means Magnezone will have to switch out more often. The common fFire-, gGround-, and fFighting-type weaknesses isare still problematic in this metagame. Combine that with a poor base 60 Speed stat and thatit may makes Magnezone seem like a mediocre pPokemon. Magnezone also has trouble breaking past Blissey and Chansey, which every special attacker suffers from. Magneton, Magnezone's previous evolution, has a higher speed as well.</p>

<p>However, do not make these bad traits fool you as into not to useing Magnezone. When looking at it's abilities, oneyou will be impressed. It gains Magnet Pull, an ability that allows it to trap and eliminate sSteel-types, allowing pPokemon such as Dragonite, Salamence, Kyurem-B and Haxorus to spam their awesome lethal Outrages and help other pPokemon like Swords Dance Scizor clean teams with Bullet Punch. With Dream World giving it Analytic, it can make it's Choice Specs set so strong thato make even Choice Specs Palkia, who is Ubers, even jealous. Magnezone is also the heart of DragMag teams and, despite its common weaknesses, Magnezone's sSteel-typing has some nifty resistances that let it take Outrages with its 115 base Defense stat, and it can go toe to toe against BoltBeam coverage. Magnezone even has access to BoltBeam itself when using Hidden Power [Ice]. Despite the huge amount of new threats that destroy it, Magnezone still keeps its niche as a powerful, bulky, sSteel killing, special attacker, the main reason it has stayed in OU this generation as well.</p>

Looking forward to more!

Governess

is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yus, another Grammar Dojo.
Additions
Removes

<p>Withhile the advent of BW2 move tutors brought new moves to Magnezone's arsenal, it stillalso brought a lot of threats to itMagnezone as well. For instance, with Pokemon such as Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Landorus-T, and Thundurus-T and many pokemon gettinggaining the move Superpower mean, (AC) Magnezone will have to switch out more often. The common fFire-, gGround-, and fFighting-type weaknesses is still problematic in this metagame. CIf you combine that with aits poor base 60 Speed stat and, (AC) Magnezone gives the impression that makes seem like a mediocre pokemit is nothing more than a mediocre Pokemon. Even Magneton, Magnezone's previous evolution, (AC) has a higher base Speed. Magnezone also has trouble breaking past Blissey and Chansey which, (AC) two Pokemon that almost every special attacker suffers. Magneton, Magnezone's previous evolution has a higher speed as welltruggles to defeat.</p>

<p>However, do not makelet these badnegative traits fooldeceive you as to not to use Magnezone. When looking at itMagnezone's abilities, one will be impressed. It gains Magnet Pull, an ability that trap and eliminate sSteel-types, allowing pPokemon such as Dragonite, Salamence, Kyurem-B, (AC) and Haxorus spamtake advantage of their awesome lethal Outpowerful Dragon-types attacks and help other pPokemon like, such as Swords Dance Scizor, (AC) clean up teams with Bullet Punch. With Dream World giving itMagnezone Analytic, (AC) it can make it's Choice Specs set so strong that it can even give Uber Pokemon, (AC) such as Choice Specs Palkia, who is Ubers, even jealous(AC) major competition. Magnezone is also the heart of many DragMag teams, (AC) and despite its common weaknesses, Magnezone's sSteel- typing has some niftyuseful resistances that letallow it to take Outrages withmany physical attacks due to its 115 base Defense stat, (AC) and can go toe to toeit fares well against against BoltBeam coverage. Magnezone even has access to its own pseudo-BoltBeam itselfcoverage when using Hidden Power [Ice]. DeIn spite of the hularge amount of new threats that destroyfeat it, Magnezone still keeps its niche as a powerful, bulky, steel killwith eliminating, special attacker, Steel-types, (AC) the main reason it has stayed in OU this generation as well.</p>

<p>While the advent of BW2 move tutors brought new moves to Magnezone's arsenal, it also brought a lot of threats to Magnezone as well. For instance, with Pokemon such as Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Landorus-T, and Thundurus-T gaining the move Superpower, Magnezone will have to switch out more often. The common Fire-, Ground-, and Fighting-type weaknesses is still problematic in this metagame. If you combine that with its poor base 60 Speed stat, Magnezone gives the impression that it is nothing more than a mediocre Pokemon. Even Magneton, Magnezone's previous evolution, has a higher base Speed. Magnezone also has trouble breaking past Blissey and Chansey, two Pokemon that almost every special attacker struggles to defeat.</p>

<p>However, do not let these negative traits deceive you to not to use Magnezone. When looking at Magnezone's abilities, one will be impressed. It gains Magnet Pull, an ability that trap and eliminate Steel-types, allowing Pokemon such as Dragonite, Salamence, Kyurem-B, and Haxorus take advantage of their powerful Dragon-type attacks and help other Pokemon, such as Swords Dance Scizor, clean up teams with Bullet Punch. With Dream World giving Magnezone Analytic, it can make its Choice Specs set so strong that it can even give Uber Pokemon, such as Choice Specs Palkia, major competition. Magnezone is also the heart of many DragMag teams, and despite its common weaknesses, Magnezone's Steel typing has some useful resistances that allow it to take many physical attacks due to its 115 base Defense stat, and it fares well against against BoltBeam coverage. Magnezone even has access to its own pseudo-BoltBeam coverage when using Hidden Power Ice. In spite of the large amount of new threats that defeat it, Magnezone still keeps its niche with eliminating Steel-types, the main reason it has stayed in OU this generation.<p>

Hopefully I did well on this; the main issue was a lack of commas in the appropriate place, and the bad wording of things, along with not capitalizing everything that is suppose to be capitalized. I tried to keep it similar, but fix all of the issues.

EDIT: Thank you, Jukain.

Jukain

!_!
Review the spelling and grammar standards again Hulavuta; you missed a few odd mistakes, such as not capitalizing "Speed."

Governess, your check is pretty much perfect; good job.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
[Overview]

<p>With the advent of BW2 move tutors brought new moves to Magnezone's arsenal, it still brought a lot of threats to it as well. Though Magnezone has some interesting moves in its arsenal, it has to constantly watch out for the growing number of Pokemon that can threaten it. For instance, the presence of Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Landorus-T, Thundurus-T and many pPokemon getting with Superpower means Magnezone will have to switch out more often than it used to. The Its common fFire-, gGround-, and fFighting-type weaknesses is are still problematic in this metagame. Combine that with a poor base 60 Speed stat,(AC) and that makes Magnezone seems like a mediocre pPokemon. Magnezone, like all other special attackers, also has trouble breaking past Blissey and Chansey which every special attacker suffers. Magneton, Magnezone's previous evolution has a higher speed as well.</p>

<p>However, do not make let these bad traits fool you as to not to use into disregarding Magnezone. When looking at it's abilities, one will be impressed. It gains Its main draw is its impressive ability, Magnet Pull, an ability that can trap and eliminate steel-types, allowing pokemon such as Dragonite, Salamence, Kyurem-B and Haxorus spam their awesome lethal Outrages and helping other pokemon like Swords Dance Scizor clean teams with Bullet Punch. With Dream World giving it Analytic it can make Its Dream World ability, Analytic, makes it'(RA)s Choice Specs set so strong that even Choice Specs Palkia, who is Ubers, even is jealous. Magnezone is also the heart of DragMag teams and,(AC) despite its common weaknesses, Magnezone's steel-typing has some nifty resistances that let it take Outrages with its base 115 base Defense stat and can go toe to toe against BoltBeam coverage. Magnezone even has access to BoltBeam itself when using Hidden Power [Ice](Remove Brackets). Despite the huge amount of new threats that destroy it, Magnezone still keeps its niche as a powerful, bulky, steel killing,(RC) special attacker, the main reason it has stayed in OU this generation as well as in DPP.

i took out the entire last sentence of the first paragraph because... magneton isn't even relevant in OU? They say that GPers with knowledge of the metagame should feel able to suggest content edits, but idk if i was supposed to do that.

Additions
Deletions
Comments
[Overview]

<p>With While the advent of BW2 move tutors brought new moves to Magnezone's arsenal, it still brought a lot of new threats to it as well. For instance, Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Landorus-T, Thundurus-T and many other pokemon getting Superpower, meaning Magnezone will have to switch out more often. The common fire-, ground-, and fighting-type weaknesses is are still problematic in this metagame;. Ccombine that with a poor base 60 Speed stat and that makes Magnezone seem like a mediocre pokemon. Magnezone also has trouble breaking past Blissey and Chansey; a trait that almost which every special attacker shares with it suffers. Magneton, Magnezone's previous evolution has a higher speed as well.</p> This last sentence is rather inconclusive. Why does this matter? Does Magneton's lower speed allow it to outclass Magnezone? I would either elaborate or just delete the sentence.

<p>However, Ddo not make these bad traits fool you as into not to use Magnezone;. Wwhen looking at it's abilities, one will be impressed. It gains has Magnet Pull, an ability that traps and eliminate steel-types. Once opposing Steel-types are trapped, Magnezone can easily KO them, and powerful Dragon-type pokemon such as Dragonite, Salamence, Kyurem-B and Haxorus can spam their awesome lethal Outrages, and as a result help other pokemon like Swords Dance Scizor clean teams with Bullet Punch. With Dream World giving it Analytic, it Magnezone can make it's Choice Specs set so strong that even Choice Specs Palkia, &mdash;who is Ubers&mdash;, even is made jealous of its power. Magnezone is also the heart of DragMag teams and despite its common weaknesses, Magnezone's steel-typing has some nifty resistances that let it take Outrages with its 115 base Defense stat, and can go toe to toe against BoltBeam coverage. Magnezone even has access to BoltBeam itself when using Hidden Power [Ice]. Despite the huge amount of new threats that destroy it, Magnezone still keeps its niche as a powerful, bulky, steel-killing, special attacker, the main reason it has stayed in OU this generation as well.

ADD
REMOVE
[COMMENTS]
[Overview]

<p>Withhile the advent of BW2 move tutors brought new moves to Magnezone's arsenal, it still brought a lot of threats towith it as well. For instance, Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Landorus-T, Thundurus-T andas well as many other pokemon getting Superpower meancauses Magnezone willto have to switch out more often. TheIts weaknesses to common attacking types, such as fFire-, gGround-, and fFighting- typeweaknesses is still problematic in this the current OU metagame.; cCombine that with a poordisappointing[Could also be "low", "mediocre", etc.] base 60 Speed stat and that makesMagnezone may seem like a mediocre pokemon. In addition to this, Magnezone also has trouble breaking past Blissey and Chansey; however, which every most special attackers share this same flaw suffers. Magneton, Magnezone's previous evolution has a higher speed as well.</p>[Not significant in BWOU, imo]

<p>However, do not make allow these bad traits to fool you asinto not to useing Magnezone., for Wwhen lookingone looks at it's abilities, one willthey should be impressed. It gainssports Magnet Pull, an ability that allows Magnezone to trap and eliminate sSteel-types, allowing pPokemon such as Dragonite, Salamence, Kyurem-B and Haxorus spam their awesome lethalto use powerful, unresisted Outrages and help other pokemon like Swords Dance[Need we mention the set? It helps with all Scizor sets] Scizor clean teams with Bullet Punch. Meanwhile, Wwith the Dream World giving it Analytic it can make it'its Choice Specs set is so strong that even Choice Specs Palkia, who is Ubersan Uber, evenis jealous. Magnezone is also the heart of DragMag teams [Might you want to elaborate on what DragMag means?] and,. In addition, despite its common weaknesses, Magnezone's steel-typing has some nifty resistances that let it take Outrages with its 115 base Defense stat and can go toe to toe[Not sure if that should be hyphenated] against Pokemon with BoltBeam coverage. Magnezone even has access to BoltBeam itself when using Hidden Power [Ice]. Despite the huge amount of new threats that destroy it, Magnezone still keeps its niche as a powerful, bulky, steel killing, special attacker, who can effectively handle Steel types, which are the main reasons it has stayed in OU this generation as well.

Jukain

!_!
My main problem with your check, Unoriginal Name, is that a lot is changed for the sake sake of changing it. Other than that, there are a few issues. First off, "one" is a terrible word in semi-formal writing, which is what this is. It sounds and looks horrific. Remember that. "DragMag" is a coined term that any semi-competent battler will understand. It's in the spelling and grammar standards as well as the on-site Pokemon dictionary. You missed capitalizing "Pokemon" in a few spots. Finally, you messed up on an important grammar rule -- matching singular / plural pronouns. For example:
When one looks at its abilities, they should be impressed
Just replace both with "you" in this case. If you're going to stick with "one," then "his or her" is appropriate.

"steel killing" is fine if you make it "Steel-killing."

"toe-to-toe" should indeed be hyphenated as so.

Make sure that in the future you a) fix every last mistake b) watch that your changes are correct and c) make sure what you're changing contains an actual mistake.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
answers here!

[Overview]

<p>With the advent of BW2 move tutors broughtcame some new moves to Magnezone's arsenal; however, it still brought a lot of threats to it as well. For instancexample, Garchomp, Kyurem-B, Landorus-T, Thundurus-T and many pokemon getting Superpowerll got new moves, and Magnezone will have to switch out more often. The common fspeed Magnezone. Many Fire-, gGround-, and fFighting-type weaknesses is still pmoves will give it troublematic in this metagame as well. Combine these factors with a poor base 60 Speed stat and that makes Magnezone seem like a mediocre pPokemon. Magnezone also has trouble breaking past Blissey and Chansey, which every special attacker suffers with. Magneton, Magnezone's previous evolution has a higher speed as well.</p>

<p>However, do not make these bad traits fool you as into not to useing Magnezone. When looking at it's abilitieswhat Magnezon can do, one will be impressed. It gains ability is Magnet Pull, making Magnezone ability thatle to trap and eliminate skill Steel-types, allowing pokemon sucth as Dragonite, Salamence, Kyurem-B and Haxorus spam their awesome lethal Outrages and help other pokemon like Swords Dance Scizor clean teams w STAB Electric-type move or with Hidden Power Fire. With Bullet Punch. Withe Dream World giving it Analytic it, Magnezone can make it's Choice Specs set so strongeven more powerful that even Choice Specs Palkia, who is in Ubers, even jealous.. In addition, Magnezone is also the heart of DragMag teams and despite its common weaknesses, Magnezone's steel-typing has some nifty resistances that let it take Outrages with its 115 base Defense stat and can go toe to toe against BoltBeam coverage. Magnezone; it even has access to BoltBeam itself when using Hidden Power [Ice]. Despite the huge amount of new threats that threaten to destroy it, Magnezone still keeps its niche as a powerful, bulky, sSteel-killing, special attacker, the main reason it has stayed in OU this generation as well.

Hulavuta: there weren't many pure errors you missed, but some of the subjective things didn't get changed at all. Take a look at the answer guide to see some common fixes for common "prose errors" that come up.

Governess: "The common Fire-, Ground-, and Fighting-type weaknesses is still problematic in this metagame." sounds a bit odd. "With Dream World giving Magnezone Analytic, it can make its Choice Specs set so strong that it can even give Uber Pokemon" lots of "its" there. Not bad at all, this is pretty much all subjective so of course things will be different from the "real" answer key.

Pwnemon: quite a few capitalization errors in the second paragraph, but nice subjective changes, particularly removing "advent" in the first sentence (remember that's a phrase we like to avoid in analyses)

GCSChris: There are just a lot of things that weren't really addressed in your check, but you can see those in the answer key. Some pure errors as well, such as lacking a serial comma, capitalizations, and "it's" as possessive. I'd heavily recommend looking through the standards. You missed a few things, but a lot of what you DID catch was correctly addressed.

Unoriginal Name: jukain pretty much got this one!

All in all, good work on everyone, I'll be sure to get a new paragraph up soon!

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
p.s. a lot of the changes were also subjective but you guys did a p okay job!

I was wandering through here and noticed that a lot of the 'correct' answers have quite a few stylistic and grammatical errors :/ I think you should make sure that what you offer as correct to those reading this is 100%, so as not to mislead people. Good work, though!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was wandering through here and noticed that a lot of the 'correct' answers have quite a few stylistic and grammatical errors :/ I think you should make sure that what you offer as correct to those reading this is 100%, so as not to mislead people. Good work, though!
Do you have any particular examples? We would like to provide 100% correct material, but if you caught something we didn't then you should tell us! Just making a general statement makes your claim less credible, and it is unlikely that any "errors" will be fixed. We aren't perfect and don't have infinite time to read everything closely, so correctness comes from a collaborative effort.

Governess

approved by sandshrewz

Hihi. V0x and I will be taking over the Grammar Dojo (whenever that time comes, we will probably have a new thread but with the same objectives / principles), and this time, we will try to avoid keeping it inactive; we think this is really beneficial to those who need practice in GPchecking.

Anyways, instead of just paragraphs, we are planning on actually having lessons (or themes, per se) for the week. Like one week, we may make paragraphs that focuses on commas, and the next may be on sentence structures. emdashes, proper coordinators & conjunctions, subjective vs objective: we have alot to teach the rising amcheckers. ^^;

**Are there are suggestions on what we should cover once we revive the dojo? It doesn't have to just be from regulars - GP crew can suggest things as well. We have many ideas, but we also want to hear from you what we should be covering in terms of grammar or prose. Post here to offer an idea! :D**

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)