Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Does anyone know of a way to get more than the 2 Moon stones you find in the field in this game? I used up both of mine thinking I'd be able to replace them fairly easily as every other goddamn stone in this game has some easy method of replacement, but I can't seem to find any way to do it. There's no wild Clefairy (even in Friend Safaris) so I can't even resort to that.
There are wild Clefairy in Friend Safaris. You can also find them via Pick Up at higher levels (81-100).

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can steal them from wild Lunatone as well (and Sun Stones from Solrock).

There are wild Clefairy in Friend Safaris. You can also find them via Pick Up at higher levels (81-100).
They are in Friend Safaris? Not a single person on that big spreadsheet of yours has them so I assumed that there weren't any. Are you 100% sure of this? (as in, has it been confirmed?)

Anyway since I don't have any Clefairy Safaris myself, I'll go with Lunatone and Solrock. Thanks a bunch agonist, that was helpful to know.

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
There are in Friend Safaris? Not a single person on that big spreadsheet of yours has them so I assumed that there weren't any. Are you 100% sure of this? (as in, has it been confirmed?)

Anyway since I don't have any Clefairy Safaris myself, I'll go with Lunatone and Solrock. Thanks a bunch agonist, that was helpful to know.
Considering I've caught multiple from the safari, I'm going to go with yes. Just bad luck that no one has entered their data happens to have one.

When someone disconnects from Wifi link battle, do you get the win? I know they announced that disconnectors would get losses, but is that only in the random GBU games?

What does the team flare bag in ST do?

Previously unanswered:
What is the reward from the person in Cafe Woof for keeping a Furfrou groomed for 14 days?

Has anyone tried exchanging Pokemon over the GTS with 2 cartridges and the same 3DS? Since friend codes now identify the 3DS itself and not the individual game, I'm thinking the GTS might not let you trade with yourself.

If I catch a Ditto with a Dusk Ball and breed it, will the babies have a Dusk Ball? Or will they get a normal Pokéball?

I'm trying out a Moody Baton Pass smeargle in the battle maison. What moves should I use other than Spore and BP?
I'm considering a set of either Spiky Shield + Acupressure/Shellsmash or King's Shield + Substitute.
The first set is pretty standard with Spiky Shield simply being an improved version of Protect, and the second set uses Substitute to compensate for King's Shield's inability to block status, and tries to get an attack drop on the opponent.

Is there any way to turn off all of these fucking obnoxious notices when you're sitting on the PSS menu? Every minute or so on of these "Do you want to trade? Do you want to use an O-Power? Do you want to wonder trade? Do you want to battle?" messages and I'm over it.

STFU and let me play already. I don't want to sit on the Amie or Super Training pages becauseI w ant to know who's online.
press the friends button and it should stop them. i get spammed with them even when i'm offline too, its stupid

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if i breed a huge gourgeist with a ditto, will the baby pumpkaboo keep the parent gourgeist's size, or will its size be randomly generated?

Leftovers. I'm aware that you can get the one on Route 12. Without being a reward for BP, it seems that our only option for getting multiples is from PickUp, and i've seen posts somewhere claiming that you can get them with PickUp this Gen. I personally have an army of Diggersby (lvl91+) with the sole intent of collecting Leftovers. But so far i've had no luck. Here are my finding with PickUp so far:
Heart Scale x18
Moon Stone x24
Sun Stone x23
Ultra Ball x74
Full Restore x34
Revive x56
Rare Candy x46
PP Up x12
Prism Scale x2 (Apparently a 1% drop rate)

And 0 Leftovers. Am I just ridiculous unlucky? Can anyone confirm/deny the ability to PickUp Leftovers?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
You can pick up Leftovers, but realize it is a 1% chance of a 10% chance per battle. That means you will get another Leftovers roughly once out of a thousand battles (assuming one pick up Pokémon). It is the same chance as Prism Scale, you are just unlucky.

Leftovers. I'm aware that you can get the one on Route 12. Without being a reward for BP, it seems that our only option for getting multiples is from PickUp, and i've seen posts somewhere claiming that you can get them with PickUp this Gen. I personally have an army of Diggersby (lvl91+) with the sole intent of collecting Leftovers. But so far i've had no luck. Here are my finding with PickUp so far:
Heart Scale x18
Moon Stone x24
Sun Stone x23
Ultra Ball x74
Full Restore x34
Revive x56
Rare Candy x46
PP Up x12
Prism Scale x2 (Apparently a 1% drop rate)

And 0 Leftovers. Am I just ridiculous unlucky? Can anyone confirm/deny the ability to PickUp Leftovers?
Assuming that Leftovers do exist in the pickup drop table and that you have 6 lv91 pickuppers, on average, you will find 1 Leftovers per 166.6 battles. After 200 battles, you have a 70% chance of seeing at least 1 leftovers.

How to teach Charmander Dragon Dance? I've bred it with a Male Fraxure with DD, but it doesn't seem to pass :(

FYI Charmander learned Flare Blitz as a previous egg move.

Has the shiny encounter rate changed? Disregarding the pokeradar and chain-fishing methods, I've either gotten stupid-lucky (3 in one week, with 2 of them in the Friend Safari) or they increased the appearance rate.

I've only ever encountered 1 of these before that wasn't a set encounter (like Red Gyarados).

It appears that the Friend Safari has a higher shiny rate. The theory I'm most confident in is that the rate is higher when the Friend whose Safari it is is online. That's when I found mine, at least.

I'm trying out a Moody Baton Pass smeargle in the battle maison. What moves should I use other than Spore and BP?
I'm considering a set of either Spiky Shield + Acupressure/Shellsmash or King's Shield + Substitute.
The first set is pretty standard with Spiky Shield simply being an improved version of Protect, and the second set uses Substitute to compensate for King's Shield's inability to block status, and tries to get an attack drop on the opponent.
Sub is pretty much a must when you are facing quick claw, brightpowder, focus band, etc with all those h4x0r npcs.

Okay uhm, I think Tough Claws is a 1.33 boost to ANY Physical move, and that's with a base ATK of 130.

Mega Charizard Y on the other hand has Drought and a base ATK of 159 with a x1.5 boost to FIRE moves only, with the side effect of making WATER moves weaker while Mega Charizard X takes x1 damage.

So which one has more power? I'm not quite sure, I mean Mega Charizard Y has Solarbeam as well as boosted Fire Blast and such, but Mega Charizard X can apply that to moves like Iron Tail and Earthquake as well.

So which one is better offensively?

What is the IV range the for each phrase the judge says? Specifically what does he say for 0 IVs?
I believe it's the same as gen 4's:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stats_judge#In_Generation_IV

If it's a zero he'll say something like "it won't be going anywhere with that speed stat" or "but its defense is terrible!" It's unique for each stat but I haven't been recording so I'm not sure on the exact wording. You'll know, it's clearly a bad phrase and he mentions it last.

Okay uhm, I think Tough Claws is a 1.33 boost to ANY Physical move, and that's with a base ATK of 130.

Mega Charizard Y on the other hand has Drought and a base ATK of 159 with a x1.5 boost to FIRE moves only, with the side effect of making WATER moves weaker while Mega Charizard X takes x1 damage.

So which one has more power? I'm not quite sure, I mean Mega Charizard Y has Solarbeam as well as boosted Fire Blast and such, but Mega Charizard X can apply that to moves like Iron Tail and Earthquake as well.

So which one is better offensively?
I'd say it really depends on your team. X is simply a powerhouse while Y can support teammates that benefit from sun.

Bulbapedia says Tough Claws boosts contact moves, and that seems about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)