Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally could never have gay sex to me it just seems awkward and disgusting but I have no problems with gay people what so ever (unless they make a move on me) I can tolerate em because they are just people. First of Necrophillia is just horrible and creepy it is also against the law in Scotland I think. I dont think it will ever be unbanned like gay sex I mean gay people can marry each other where I live but how the fuck to you marry a decomposing corpse? You dont. Pedophillia is also really perverted. In scotland if you are under the age of 16 then you are a minor. In the city I live most kid are having sex at the age of 13 or 14 but the police doesnt care if we are having sex while we are minors they only dislike if its a grown man or woman doing it. Woman not so much though. I also guess that why the city that I live in has the most teenage pregnancys in Scotland.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<pedophilia>
First of all, this is a thread about homosexuality, not pedophilia. They are not comparable in a legal sense. Not only do the victims of pedophilia suffer serious mental trauma (children may think they are ready for sex, but they are not), children, legally, can not give consent to have sex with someone who is over the legal limit. Pedophilia is having sex with people who we have deemed incapable of giving consent. Homosexuality is having sex with a consenting adult who just happens to be of the same gender.

also, given the choice, i would much rather give up sex than go gay.
Good, then don't go gay. Just because you aren't gay doesnt mean that everyone else is straight. What are you even trying to say with this ridiculous garbage?

i can only control what i think, not what you think.
Well you might want to start controlling your thoughts so that you can form a coherent point.

pedophilia isnt harmful between a consenting adult and consenting teenager (teenagers are having sex with each other already yet it becomes wrong when its a teen and an adult)
Well, no matter what your opinion is, the law says differently. Sexual trauma is a serious mental disorder that is a direct result of pedophilia. I don't know why you are still talking about necrophilia and pedophilia, this is a thread about two living, consenting adults who just happen to have similar genitals.

Homosexuality is offensive because it disrespects a lot of christians, I'm pretty sure this is a universal belief amongst them, and also because two men getting it on is disgusting.
How does me having sex with my boyfriend disrespect Christians or anybody else, in any way?

If Christians really find gays "offensive" or "disgusting" simply because they are gay, the problem obviously isn't with the homos....

My point is very simple for those who don't want to accuse me of being some sort of psychopath. Nowhere did I or will I incite violence against homosexuals. Jrrrrr's idea some madman will go on a bender because I posted my belief that there's absolutely nothing special or noteworthy about being gay is ludicrous. He'd rather I be silenced than people have access to words on a page. And I'm the psychopath here?
Ok, let's review what you have told me about homosexuals.
- We are a cancer to society (this was before I was banned, so finding the quote will be a bitch
- It's just a fetish, as if "fetish" is a dirty word
- "Saying that it requires further discussion is a profoundly disturbing notion"
- It's "a mental tendency towards a dysfunctional sexual behavior"

Yeah, none of that incites hatred, or encourages separation of gay and straight. If a gay teenager who is struggling to come to terms with his or her sexuality read any of that, that would certainly prevent them from committing violence against themselves.

On Monday, April 6, 2009, Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover, an 11 year old boy in Springfield, Massachusetts, hanged himself with an extension cord after being bullied all school year by his peers. His peers said he "acted feminine" and was gay.
Words have consequences.

Please jrrrrrr, my views are only threatening to you because they challenge your preconceived notions of your identity. They challenge the idea gays have built themselves around, namely that they are special people who deserve special recognition because of special discrimination against them.
No, your views are threatening to me because they make me even more terrified of coming out, knowing that I will have to deal with people who actually believe what you are posting about the gay menace. Gay people don't want to be special, they want people to not think its cool when gay people are killed. As I'm about to point out, hate crimes against the LGBT community are a very real threat that is growing by the year.

Gay people aren't special. They're just people with a different sexual attraction. They aren't some poor aggrieved victim class who have been given the short shift in life. Look at the statistics on self-identified gay folks. Yeah they have a higher propensity to commit suicide. They also tend to have much more income than straights.

Can you feel the burning discrimination? America is forcing gay men and lesbians to be fabulously wealthy against their will. You aren't in an aggrieved class, you're just overly emotional and can't stand it when the facts don't add up to discrimination. Maybe homosexuality causes a hormonal imbalance that leads to suicide. Maybe the damage over time of anal scarring and feelings of pain, emptiness, and brokenness does it. Maybe all of the other things associated with the generally more voracious and reckless sexual appetites of homosexuals is what gets them in trouble. Maybe instead of looking outward to transfix your blame on the 90% of us who don't shack-up with samey you could look into your own community for answers.
First off, wow, you compared <10% of the population to the other 90%. Obviously heterosexuals will be slightly poorer on average, they have a much higher amount of poor people to bring the average down. Come on man, you are better than this.

Secondly, your notion that gay people are pampered by this society is another testament to your blatant ignorance of reality. Hate crimes against gays are on the rise in the US. Hate crimes based on sexual orientation are the third most common type, behind race and religion. That is especially staggering because many states still do not classify violence against gays as a hate crime, and therefore do not report their numbers.

Plus, we aren't just talking about the US. Compared to many other places in the world, we actually have it pretty good here. The punishment for homosexuality in Saudi Arabia is public execution. Since the 1979 Islamic revolution in Iran, the Iranian government has executed more than 4,000 people charged with homosexual acts. (source for stats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_LGBT_people#Islamic_world). In Senegal this year, 9 gay men were sentenced to 8 years in prison each, for being gay.

While many American gays will thankfully never endure horrors like that, for you to just sit here and say that it is the fault of the homosexual community for the horrible atrocities committed against them on a global level is just completely fucking asinine.

Homosexuals have become just another lefty victim class demanding free food at the trough of the grievance-mongers. One wonders what they have to be so proud about when they make their living crying injustice and woe is them. One wonders why they go on violent rampages against the religious when they don't get their way through legislation, as happened to several Mormons after the passage of Prop 8, and then complain when no one takes their crusade for "justice" seriously anymore.
Tell me, where has the gay movement ever demanded free food? When have we ever asked for anything more than "we would really like to visit our life partners in the hospital, and oh yeah the benefits of marriage might be cool too"? Can you please give me the link to the secret gay union where we are hoarding government handouts? I want in...

To be blunt jrrrrrrr, the homosexual grievance-monger is just another regular old asshole to me, and he can go fuck himself seeing as he enjoys it so much.
Wow.

I'm for equality jrrrrr. I'll treat them the same as anyone else who is gaming the system. Trust me on that. How can you honestly accuse me of inciting violence and hatred when my entire argument is "you and I are exactly the same. You'll pull your weight and put in your share just as I have to."
If that's what your argument was, I would have no choice but to agree. However, your argument is that I am an unnatural, sexually dysfunctional cancer to society who can just shove it up my ass if I'm not happy with the way that you poor victimized heterosexuals are treating me.

The truth is you want to be treated differently, not the same. You can't just be jrrr, you have to be big gay jrrr.
No, I want to be treated the same. I don't want people to think it's cool to belittle "(BAN ME PLEASE)s" all the time. I don't want people to look the other way when gay people are assaulted simply because they are or "look" gay. I don't want to be "big gay jrrr", I want to be "not a scared closet case jrrrrr"

Don't hate them just stigmatize them and treat them like a criminal! I'm not a psycho christian at all!

If you believe everything written in the old testament then don't eat pork or grow wheat and barley in the same furrow, if you eat seafood you're going to burn in hell and if your penis is crush then you can forget about entering the house of the lord thank you very much!

www.truechristian.com fascinating.
the thread doesn't prohibit me using the words in the Bible.. regarding the "old testament thingy" about sexuality, it haven't really changed..

And I'm not treating them like a criminal.. hold your horses.. I'm just saying that I'm offended..

@Glen+

a stupid question deserves a stupid answer.. so I'll say yes, HAHA!

@b0b3rt

this thread doesn't prohibit me using words in the Bible.. and regarding your belief that it doesn't have a rational reason,, then we can't really argue as I have mentioned earlier..

@Mormoopid

sorry but I can't replace gay with christian/whatever fits here, because.. I really don't want to argue anymore, it's pointless because we'll obviously won't get any REAL conclusion..

@ChristovaOnIce

so you're saying I can't be christian cause I didn't spell it right,, in english by the way which is not my native language? for me there's no problem in believing ALL the words in the Bible and it doesn't matter if you get an odd reaction out of it..
to all:

I don't care if you don't get it or you don't want to get it or you get it but you don't believe it.. I've shared my insight, that's all

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, you really should lurk a bit more....

His point was that you are using the Bible to justify demonizing gays, and that is ridiculous since the Bible also bans eating shellfish, and wearing clothes with mixed fabrics. The Bible also says that if your bride is not a virgin, you must stone her. Do you really want to use the Bible to base your worldviews on?

And its not about us "getting it", its about you treating gays like criminals but then ignoring the rest of the book you quoted. The REAL conclusion cant be reached because of your own ignorance and stupidity. I can't believe you registered a new account on this forum to bash gays.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry I missed something deck!

Having a specialization in a subspeciality within palaeontology is entirely different than hatemongering a group of people. Of course people will advocate more funding for their own area of study. It's not that one area is more important overall, but one area is more important for certain groups than others- if you are looking at trilobites, for example, you won't go sniffing around in the paleocene. Instead, you'll maybe focus your efforts before the permian extinction. It has nothing to do with hatemongering bias, it has everything to do with specialization. Your comparission is as ineffective as it is inappropriate.
The analogy was a rather poor one. I'm trying to build my skills in relating to others in terms they would better understand because I'm trying to be a better Catechist, and since I never went to a traditional high school it is difficult for me to relate to them in order to instruct them in moral agency.

Anyway the thrust of the example was not that one thing was getting more focus than the other, the thrust was that as a dissenter from the new approved one specialization you are branded as a degenerated monster. Your initial criticism used words like "hatemongering." How am I mongering "hate" of any kind?

On campus I was repeatedly told by leftists that I was the recipient of white privilege, that white people are responsible for all racism and non-whites cannot be racist. That anyone who did not treat their race or orientation like a cadre of saints could expect to be villified just as you have villified me.

I don't care so much about offensive and insulting. As you know I have a natural knack for language, particularly in saying just the right things to get under people's skin. I even caused you to lose your cool once, when I specifically used the term "holy roller" in regards to another issue where I was once again being villified because I did not hold the politically correct position. Thus I don't care. I am going to be attacked and vilified anyway whether I sugarcoat or speak bluntly, so I do the latter.

So my question for you is simple, then. How do you define hate? Clearly you believe it something that a person can generate with words on a page. Do you look for verbal cues? "Hate" is one of those words like "Child Abuse," It now means so many different things on so many levels that it loses any sting whatsoever. Did you ever read any news in Canada of Mark Steyn and Ezra Levant? They had to spend millions to fight off the Canadian government because of "hate crime" lawsuits for publishing something Canadian officials found "hateful." Imagine that, a government suing individual citizens for opinion columns.

Why is that not a bigger concern to Canadian citizens than fighting "hate speech." My belief is because Western civilization has become a complacent and decadent place that no longer appreciates their own freedom. They place comfort over truth and they attack only those who they know will not fight back. So whenever someone posts something that remotely criticizes a protected class, it's always "hate." Should I not be concerned for the behaviors of my fellow men when those behaviors are destructive? Apparently not, for forcing them to confront the truth is "hate" now. Everything is "hate." I am supposed to blithely swallow talking points about suicide and all sorts of imagined other-caused problems and go about my day because hey, if I mention loss of free will isn't a side effect of homosexuality I might upset the apple cart, and that would be "hateful."

I should stop being "hateful" and merely assume that gays are a special and beautiful people with no character flaws whose political and societal goals are inherently virtuous because they are being advanced in the name of "gay rights." I should pander to them and treat them like children who bear no responsibility for their own problems. I should be a condescending self-absorbed prick who judges my value based on the number of gay friends I can count on my hands, and how many gay co-workers I have, and how I am oh-so-tolerant because I am a mindless sheeple who fears castigation more than the death of truth.

I'd rather be called a hater than submit to lies.

Wow, you really should lurk a bit more....

His point was that you are using the Bible to justify demonizing gays, and that is ridiculous since the Bible also bans eating shellfish, and wearing clothes with mixed fabrics. The Bible also says that if your bride is not a virgin, you must stone her. Do you really want to use the Bible to base your worldviews on?

And its not about us "getting it", its about you treating gays like criminals but then ignoring the rest of the book you quoted. The REAL conclusion cant be reached because of your own ignorance and stupidity. I can't believe you registered a new account on this forum to bash gays.
yes of course, God made me who am I not to follow?

ignorance bout what? I know those things you're pointing out but I'm not accepting those, get it?

what stupidity are you talking about, is it this? me asking what stupidity I have done? HAHA!

how am I treating them like criminlas? because I said it's a sin? crime is punishable by man's law, sin is punishable by God's law, get it?

This is my first account and look how funny you are.. You seriously think I made a new account so I can bash gays?! now you're judging me but you don't want gays to be judged? funny funny, even funnier than achmed the dead terrorist.

deck: are you seriously trying to deflect my attacking of your hateful comments by asking "how do we define hate"? That has to be an even better dodge than the one that new guy posted where he "didn't wanna argue anymore".

yes of course, God made me who am I not to follow?
I assume you have a reason for only believing in that one god and not all the other proposed gods? I don't believe in your god for all the reasons you don't believe in any other god. Just so you're aware, you are coming off as uneducated, ignorant and completely sheltered, not to mention naive. You are really embarassing yourself, please lurk more.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
I should stop being "hateful" and merely assume that gays are a special and beautiful people with no character flaws whose political and societal goals are inherently virtuous because they are being advanced in the name of "gay rights." I should pander to them and treat them like children who bear no responsibility for their own problems. I should be a condescending self-absorbed prick who judges my value based on the number of gay friends I can count on my hands, and how many gay co-workers I have, and how I am oh-so-tolerant because I am a mindless sheeple who fears castigation more than the death of truth.

I'd rather be called a hater than submit to lies.
You don't have to do anything like that to not be hateful. I am simply asking that you not call me a dysfunctional cancer to society, and allow me to have all the same rights that my mother and father have.

(also i am kind of interested in seeing if you ever respond to my last post http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1910718&postcount=52)

Your posts aren't even coherent, I can't understand half of what you're saying (and I doubt j7r is doing much better).

You obviously never took a class in logic, which I think should be taught at a basic level in primary school, and then more advanced courses in middle/high school.
is it me you're talking about?

I don't care if you don't get it or you don't want to get it or you get it but you don't believe it.. I've shared my insight, that's all
remember this post of mine? or you don't know how to read posts above or you're so concentrated with your hate to me because I'm uneducated, stupid and......you already know what's next, HAHA!

edit: oh my, his post's gone? how can you do it? HAHA!

Im just going to quickly dip my feet into the water here.....

As a Jew, I was taught in my elementary / High School education the 'Values' of the Jewish people. It say's in the 'Torah' (Jewish Bible, the exact same thing as the 'Old Testament'), to ''Be fruitful and multiply'', which you obviously can't do with two people of the same gender.

However, they also teach (later on obviously) that being Gay happens, and its not something thats 'wrong' with a person, it just happens. I dont feel I should be mad at gay people (my uncle and cousin are both gay and are both awesome and hilarious), I feel I should just see them as another person, just with a different sexual orientation. The way I was taught 'be fruitful and multiply' made me think "Oh its a 'Mitzvah' (good deed in Hebrew) to have Children", it didnt make me think "I should hate gay people for not doing this 'mitzvah'".

But honestly I wouldnt give a shit anyway, I'm not religious by any means (bacon is awesome k?).

Its basically the difference between Do's and Don'ts.

However, I sort of think Deck Knight is being misunderstood a bit, I think (key word, think..) MAINLY what he is trying to say is "Gay people arent special, they just have a different sexual orientation, and shouldnt be treated specially for this just because they were descriminated against."

I sort of agree, because after the Holocaust countries were still saying "None is too many" for allowing Jews into their country. Then again, its a different time now. Gay people, imo, should be treated as equals, albeit sometimes different, but as equals nonetheless.

Either way, Homosexuality should absolutely be shown in Sex Ed. Its not hurting anyone to know that things exist like this. I dont want to make the similarity to close, but thats why its important to teach subjects like 'Holocaust Education', because the more people know the less likely they are to descriminate.

meganoob: I'm judging you based entirely on the criteria that you are an ignorant elitist based on your faith, you're judging someone for a lifestyle that has nothing to do with you. There is a difference, and if you had a shred of common sense you would see that I am hands down in the right for finding your unplesant for you comments in your illustrious 1 night career on smogon.

Accepting what's correct for the many? I hope you're not american, because being a christian in america is about as common as it gets- that is the second most religious state on the planet, right behind turkey. That'd be great if you were actually, cause you'd be eating those words in a big way. Even if you're not, you should know that I actually don't accept shit at face value. I'm trained to ask questions and not accept things, it's called science and it's a method for which thought progresses. So, what's that about accepting what's correct for the many? You're the one being spoonfed crap and not even bothering to look into your own backyard for the methods, reasons and rationale. I'd called that hypocrisy, and so would the definition of that word.

I'll ask you kindly not to compare homosexuality to murder. I'm pretty sure christianity has more blood on its hands than homosexuals if you want to play it that way. Killing is entirely different than homosexuality, that should be absolutely and abundantly clear to each and every single person, so your comparison is inappropriate on the whole.

I'd rather not evolve than to evolve to something bad..
good thing YOU won't be doing any evolving. It's successive generations that do the evolving compared to the previous ones. Grab a book and do some reading. You've only cemented your blind ignorance with that statement.

Heysup: I agree that homosexuals shouldn't be treated different at all; I am all for everyone getting an equally short end of the stick (I'm a pessimist, deal with it). What I take objection to is his insight into the gay community itself. They are well within their rights as perhaps the most prosecuted group in the western world right now to feel like they are being picked on. So long as it doesn't turn into one of those shitfests where they start wanting more rights than they deserve based on past indescretions of others, I'll say that they are well within their right right now.

meganoob: I'm judging you based entirely on the criteria that you are an ignorant elitist based on your faith, you're judging someone for a lifestyle that has nothing to do with you. There is a difference, and if you had a shred of common sense you would see that I am hands down in the right for finding your unplesant for you comments in your illustrious 1 night career on smogon.

Accepting what's correct for the many? I hope you're not american, because being a christian in america is about as common as it gets- that is the second most religious state on the planet, right behind turkey. That'd be great if you were actually, cause you'd be eating those words in a big way. Even if you're not, you should know that I actually don't accept shit at face value. I'm trained to ask questions and not accept things, it's called science and it's a method for which thought progresses. So, what's that about accepting what's correct for the many? You're the one being spoonfed crap and not even bothering to look into your own backyard for the methods, reasons and rationale. I'd called that hypocrisy, and so would the definition of that word.

I'll ask you kindly not to compare homosexuality to murder. I'm pretty sure christianity has more blood on its hands than homosexuals if you want to play it that way. Killing is entirely different than homosexuality, that should be absolutely and abundantly clear to each and every single person, so your comparison is inappropriate on the whole.

good thing YOU won't be doing any evolving. It's successive generations that do the evolving compared to the previous ones. Grab a book and do some reading. You've only cemented your blind ignorance with that statement.

Heysup: I agree that homosexuals shouldn't be treated different at all; I am all for everyone getting an equally short end of the stick (I'm a pessimist, deal with it). What I take objection to is his insight into the gay community itself. They are well within their rights as perhaps the most prosecuted group in the western world right now to feel like they are being picked on. So long as it doesn't turn into one of those shitfests where they start wanting more rights than they deserve based on past indescretions of others, I'll say that they are well within their right right now.

since this is a homosexuality thread, I can't really pushthrough my question about murder..

you keep on saying ignorant cause I'm not accepting it so I can call you ignorant too cause you're not accepting the Bible?

now I wonder, If I continue on replying:

1. I'll look stupid - we're not getting anywhere here, it's useless.. we don't have the same weapon as i've said.. nobody's gonna win..

2. Continue fighting with my pride - of course I don't want to lose with my SOLID argument (well for me idc if you don't)

If I stop:

1. It will give you an impression that I'm loosing

2. I can freely breed my grimer (eeewww!)

*not serious mode, a personal bash*

ok now, I'm loosing and I should end my pain..my pain of embarassing myself.. I exposed my stupidity, ignorance + all the negative things you can put here even though you called me completely sheltered?! or maybe I'm completely sheltered with dry skin and sunnday day activated? I'm even called as a noob and I'm a noob, as matter of fact you're debating with me.. I better stop replying, how pity of me.. maybe if they made a movie about my life it can make people cry a gallon or maybe they won't waste time because who would want to waste their precious time to me? or is it you? for the sake of not ruining your day and not making you a total ruin maniac, i'll stop.. forgive me tears tears

*end*

*serious mode on*

I'll stop this stupidity of mine... weee!! you smiled HAHA!

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
you keep on saying ignorant cause I'm not accepting it so I can call you ignorant too cause you're not accepting the Bible?
If you can prove that the passages relevant to homosexuality are true from an objective standpoint, then you could say that. You could also try explaining why people in the real world should care about the word "sinner". And just to preempt this circular reasoning: "the Bible said it" does not mean that it is true.

If you think homosexuality is a sin or if you don't like homosexuals, then do not perform homosexual acts and leave me alone. It really is that simple!

If you really want to follow the Bible then the odds are stacked against you for getting into heaven. What are your clothes made out of? Well, if they arent all 100% of one fabric, you have committed an abomination according to the Bible. It looks like I'll be seeing you in hell, sinner! HAHA!

Really, for your own good, please stop posting until you have learned how to be a civilized poster. You are barely even forming sentences now, you are getting off on the wrong foot =\

Deck Knight has written some shocking posts. I mean, your first post was clearly a blight on homosexuals, explcitily asserting that they are sexual deviants, but then you deflect jrrrrrrr's scrutiny of your initial post by claiming that it was suggesting that you only dislike gays for wanting handouts. And then you make a little spcheal about "what is hate?" with some fancy rhetoric; you're treating smogon like it's your politician training ground. You were clearly insuinating that gays are lesser people who have misinformed conceptions of sexuality; do not claim the opposite with ambigous and obusticary defenses, by saying you want equality but denying it (and misrepresenting sexual freedom as affirmative action)! Further, I, too, am hateful of the handouts of minorities, but you can't claim that all gays are opportunists because they are gay. It's fuckin' paranoid and entirely unquantifiable.

since this is a homosexuality thread, I can't really pushthrough my question about murder..

now I wonder, If I continue on replying:

1. I'll look stupid - we're not getting anywhere here, it's useless.. we don't have the same weapon as i've said.. nobody's gonna win..

2. Continue fighting with my pride - of course I don't want to lose with my SOLID argument (well for me idc if you don't)

If I stop:

2. I can freely breed my grimer (eeewww!)

*not serious mode, a personal bash*

ok now, I'm loosing and I should end my pain..my pain of embarassing myself.. I exposed my stupidity, ignorance + all the negative things you can put here even though you called me completely sheltered?! or maybe I'm completely sheltered with dry skin and sunnday day activated? I'm even called as a noob and I'm a noob, as matter of fact you're debating with me.. I better stop replying, how pity of me.. maybe if they made a movie about my life it can make people cry a gallon or maybe they won't waste time because who would want to waste their precious time to me? or is it you? for the sake of not ruining your day and not making you a total ruin maniac, i'll stop.. forgive me tears tears

*end*

*serious mode on*

I'll stop this stupidity of mine... weee!! you smiled HAHA!
That was a fuckin' hilarious post. It made so little sense and was completely irrelevant. Your inane "everything in the Bible is true and only true Christians knows this" was so easily refuted that all glen had to do was quote it and call you an idiot. Do you understand what level of stupidity a comment has to reach in order to be so obviously moronic that an explanation is totally unnecessary? Everything you've been spewing has been revealed as offensive crap and that awkward post was your response. It's pitiful. I mean, you treat it as a childish game about winning and being made to lol look stupid; that's not it, it's just that your views are so patently false and ignorant that it's difficult not to object. Really, that was such a painfully awkward read.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I couldn't care less whether homosexuality is moral or biologically relevant or any of that garbage. To me the bottom line is that it's none of my business. Why would I give a shit what another guy wants to do with his cock? If Jrrrrrrr wants to go have sex with guys, that's fine with me. Do I feel any malice towards him at all? Of course not; he's a cool dude and I'm glad I know him.

And why should anyone feel any malice? Gay people having sex and getting married and doing the same fucking things that straight people do has no negative impact on anyone. We certainly aren't in need of more human reproduction, so being bad for the continuation of the nation / race is out. I guess you could say that gay parents cannot correctly raise a child, but at the same time, a homosexual couple must demonstrate to an adoption agency that they are capable of raising a child, a significant check which is not present for most heterosexual couples.

If a gay person gets married, that has no negative effect on anything whatsoever. If a gay person being married makes you feel like your marriage "counts less", then you need to seriously consider the reason you got married in the first place.

It doesn't matter what the bible or the koran or any other book says; it doesn't matter what you were taught when you were little; it doesn't matter whether homosexuality is a choice; it doesn't matter what you think is "gross". The fact of the matter is, you have to be a pretty big jackass to walk up to someone and say "what you are doing has no negative impact on anyone, and I know it makes you happy, but I still think you should stop".

This has bugged me for ages, and to this day I still have no idea, so perhaps someone could explain it to me. Why do you have a problem with homosexuality, other than "I was raised that way" or "I have some vague feeling that it's wrong" (traditional and "gut feeling" discrimination don't exactly have a good track record. See: blacks in America)? Furthermore, why do you feel that you have any right to tell someone else what they can and cannot do, given that their actions have no negative impact on anyone?

Megaminxer; if true Christians believe in ALL of the Bible, what do they do about the internal contradictions?

The Bible states that God created all, and is both ALL loving and ALL forgiving with a lot more clarity than 'homosexuality is evil'.

Common sense would suggest that an entity who creates and loves all cannot 'hate' his or her own creations simply because of a characteristic he or she supposedly bestowed upon them. It makes absolutely no sense.

Even the concept of 'hell' is ridiculous when one whom is 'all forgiving' dishes out eternal punishment.

Now I'm not religious, but I'm not strictly atheist either, and I will say that if Christianity has got it right and that there is a God, they've obviously misinterpreted him or her somewhere.

God is all loving, therefore, God must love homosexuals. Sorry, homophobes.

The day that America, and western society in general realizes that a female being attracted to a male is no stranger (rarer, perhaps, but not stranger) than a male to a male will be a fantastic day.

And has anyone noticed that the levels of apparently homosexuality in society seem to increase with time (i.e Population)? Looks like an evolutionary anti-overpopulation mechanism to me.

P.S: Mormoopid is officially my new favourite poster.

Brought this up in a conversation with Misaki about some bill banning homosexual marriage somewhere (I forget where).

People say homosexuality is disgusting, wrong etc. So why on earth would anybody choose to be hated and ridiculed by those people? I'm sure if it had been a conscious choice once you hit puberty the majority of gays would probably have decided to be straight. But it's not a conscious choice, homosexual people can't change who they are, so why hate them for it? It's the same as hating someone for being black, stupid, or anything else they were born with.

I also believe that people who hate homosexuality because of the Bible do so because it's a handy scapegoat for your hate. Everyone wants to have someone who they can hate, and your God giving you 10% of the world just makes it too easy. They probably don't do this consciously.

The only reason to hate someone is their personality. I'd far rather be friends with a funny, kind, homosexual guy than a bigoted, cruel, straight guy.

i assume youre for the legalizing of pedophilia and necrophilia then, after all, they cant help being who they are.
nobody is penalised for being a paedophile or necrophilia legally. they are locked up for acting on these urges. particularly paedophilia because it hurts other people, unlike homosexuality.

The fact of the matter is, you have to be a pretty big jackass to walk up to someone and say "what you are doing has no negative impact on anyone, and I know it makes you happy, but I still think you should stop".
This pretty much covers it. If you think it gross, you don't have to watch them do it, so why care? If you think it's 'wrong', they will go to hell and you supposedly wont, isn't that punishment enough?

And how someone can think that gays are asking or getting benefits for being gay is beyond me. I live in the Netherlands, gay people have been able to get married for quite some time here. We are (or at least were) the most pro-gay country you can think of.
Gay people still are discriminated, they get beat up for holding hands, they get threatened etc. I don't how long it will take here to be totally accepted but I'm afraid that if 'gay discrimination' is still kind of accepted in (parts of) the US I don't see it going away in the foreseeable future.

For the record I'm not gay and not religious. I kinda stopped taking it seriously when one of the commandments reads:

"4. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."

And then you walk into a church... What's that all about? Seriously, am I not understanding what this means?

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Netherlands has a pretty big gay scene. I don't care about gays at all, I am not one but I happen to have a few random family members be gay and although I don't particularly like any of them they are just who they are.

Homosexuality = the most retarded issue for argument ever.

Personally, I think its fucked up. But there's nothing legally that can prevent them from getting what they want. I have gay family members; I have no problem with them. Their tendancies don't make me hate them.

Homosexuality =/= Homosexuals. You can hate one without hating the other, which is the point that many (note: every fundamentalist Christian) seem to miss.

You can't call me ignorant because I am actually reasonably versed in the bible. So my rejection of your archaic belief system is fully founded.

I'll look stupid - we're not getting anywhere here, it's useless.. we don't have the same weapon as i've said.. nobody's gonna win..
The only reason why nobody can 'win' is because you are so blindly faithful. It's like arguing with a brick wall; as I'm sure we all know, brick walls and markedly known for intellectual endeavors.
Continue fighting with my pride - of course I don't want to lose with my SOLID argument (well for me idc if you don't)
An arguement based entirely on a book that is not only untestable but doesn't have a bibliography or any cohesive value whatsoever is an arguement that is wrong.

just let it happen

*serious mode on*
cut it out

Okay, hows this for a slice of fried gold: Your god is all knowing. Knowing everything before it happens means we are basically set in our course before we take it, otherwise he couldn't know it before we do it. He made people like Jrrrrrr KNOWING beforehand that they would turn gay and would therefore go to hell by his criteria. Since our paths are preset by the constraint of him being all knowing, damning these people before they are even born doesn't even serve up as an example of 'what not to do' to others; it is, infact, blatant favoritism and impossible to reconcile with the 'all loving' credo you'd be so fast to spout. As you can see, your attempt to volley the ignorance ball back into my court won't be landing you any points anytime today.

Gay culture is fucking obnoxious. Mind you, I'm annoyed from everything from flamboyant homosexuals to little children on xbox live, so it's not bigoted it's just a generic and sweeping dislike of most groups. That being said, when a gay person decides to act like a human being, I have zero beef with them (see: jrrrrrr). I don't think their modern subculture has any bearing on the morality of being gay though, because bigots that dislike them on principle probably have a blatent stereotype mixed with some inappropriate hatred burned into their skull.

These threads seem to come up every few months, it's always shocking to see old/newly invented arguments against homosexuality. it's depressing that hate is so fucking creative.

Using the Bible and Religion as an argument against homosexuality is so circular, but some things I just want to point out: the bible ... is a book. books are fantastic but have UNLIMITED INTERPRETATIONS. every sentence in the bible is open to interpretation, stating something from the bible as incontrovertible fact is annoyingly redundant.

even in saying this I know that to those who swear by every sentence as pure literal gold can only be spoken to with reference to it as literal, hence the circle. so for them: as Crystal pointed out (in a much more elegant way) - the bible fucks itself. jesus loves everyone, as does god, we are all born sinners and are meant to travel along our paths questioning, growing - in god's love. put it all together: and religion loses its 'validity' as foundation for the homophobic argument. reconcile all the contradictions in your faith before spouting hate.

that's been covered though

Deck Knight, homosexuality has long been out of the realms of sexual fetishism. saying that it's a dysfunctional behaviour that's created a cult around itself is fucking ridiculous. cult is so widely definable anyway, so on from that. your argument changed, from the quote in the OP to your waxing lyrical about 'hate' to saying we think we're special to saying you don't incite violence when the hate you spew is what underlines violence, to blah blah blah. you talk shit.

you say gay people aren't special, yet deny equality because gay people aren't like you. that makes gay people special.

it IS a profoundly disturbing notion that we need to go over all this again and again and again - you highlight the reason why though;
ignorance and hate.

the truth is that you don't know shit about homosexuality (since you're so fond of using those kind of absolutes). you resort to stereotyped sexual innuendos to defend your baseless position.

just to add: fuck you.

I have too much work to do, and have to get up too early in the morning so i must, unfortunately, leave this fun fest. i'm sure you'll spout more crap, and be proven wrong - again, only to be back here in a week. i'm excited for that.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Morm has pretty much said everything I wanted to say on the subject of homosexuality, but I did want to bring up one point.

I have no problems with gay people what so ever (unless they make a move on me)
Why do straight men feel the need to make this statement? Do you make a move on every single woman you see? Gay men aren't any more sex-crazed than your average man (and in fact might be less so).

Also, Deck Knight: there is a difference between being proud and being a bigot. The moment your pride in who you are leads you to believe that you are better than other people, you become a bigot.

One thing that really annoys me is when people put interest in fashion, or anything of the like as a gay stereotype. I work in the fashion industry as a shoe buyer for a (kind of) high fashion online store. I am one of 25 people in this office. I am one of eleven males. I am one of nine straight males. The same goes for modeling. I do modeling when I have the time. I used to do it more when I was in college and needed to make money on the weekends. Most of us who were/are male models are straight. Just because you have an interest in something that is considered to be gay, doesn't make you so. No interest is "gay" and no interest is "straight." These social norms and gender stereotypes when it comes to such things annoy the hell out of me. The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)