In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seismitoad is ugly as ass, so I strongle suggest another water type. If you don't mind tanks for ingame stuff, try Jellycent. <3

Lots of people are getting Black...I think I'll start a Reuniclus farm in my game and trade around...getting specific Hidden Powers might be easier >.>

For anyone planning a team, I suggest using a combination of the Pokedex and Pokearth on serebii.
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/

It made planning a team a lot easier since you know where to get everything in relation to the gyms. But I'm still going through my English version without planning. ^^

Oh, and Carracosta is pretty damn good. It comes at level 25 before the ground gym and at level 35 it gets Curse. It evolves at level 37, and then gets Shell Break at 40. Even though it's slow, after one Shell Break it outspeeds so much (maybe because mine was Jolly to fit Tirtouga's child-like appearance :P).

Oh, and Carracosta is pretty damn good. It comes at level 25 before the ground gym and at level 35 it gets Curse. It evolves at level 37, and then gets Shell Break at 40. Even though it's slow, after one Shell Break it outspeeds so much (maybe because mine was Jolly to fit Tirtouga's child-like appearance :P).
Agreed, but I prefer Archeops because Dragon Claw is amazing, added to Acrobatics/Fly+Stone Edge STAB and Dig, there is nothing that can't stand up to it.

Faint-Hearteed is annoying but 140 Attack and 110 Speed means that nothing short of a massively bulky Pokémon with a massively high Attack stat with a massively powerful, super effective STAB critical will beat it. Okay, that was an exaggeration but you get the idea: it's hard for a Pokémon to get a chance to hit it and get Faint-Hearted to activate.

Hmm, I guess I won't even actually aim for a team... Just try to complete the Dex and catch as much as possible, then go from there... Let all Pokémon be my friends, like it should in Pokémon, right?

Hmm, I guess I won't even actually aim for a team... Just try to complete the Dex and catch as much as possible, then go from there... Let all Pokémon be my friends, like it should in Pokémon, right?
Dude I fucking love that post. :brofist:
you could also make an N-Run and use only pokes that appear in your current area.

I'm going to catch all the Pokémon I can. It's just that I'll only use a certain twelve of them for battling. Even if I'm training a Pokémon in order to get it's evolution to add it to my Pokédex, I'll just use the Exp. Share.

Dude I fucking love that post. :brofist:
you could also make an N-Run and use only pokes that appear in your current area.
I'm totally doing this. It'll be hard for some gyms, but the challenge will be fun. The restrictions should be adjacent routes (ie if you are in Driftveil City, you can only use Pokemon from the Drawbridge / Route 5 / Route 6; I'm not leaving myself having to use a Ducklett from the bridge...), I think.

When is Aeken able to be revived, and at what level is it revived? I want to use either Ducklett or Aeken as my flyer, so :P

You can receive Aeken in Relic (Ancient) Castle, backtracking to Nacrene City to revive it. So by the fourth gym you should have it (iirc).

So, I haven't gotten the game (or an emulation) yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what I want to use throughout the game.

1.) Oshawott: He's gonna be my starter. This surprises me, too, because he was initially my least favorite. However, a Water Pokemon is rarely a bad idea (unless Ferrothorn is involved).
2.) Pansear: He's here as my Fire-type until I get a better one. Fire's a pretty useful offensive type, right?
3.) Blitzle: Again, he's not a permanent member, but Electric Pokemon might help with Water foes that Oshawott struggles with.
4.) Darumaka: THIS is my real Fire power. I've heard some neat things about him and Darmanitan, so I want to try him out.
5.) Sandile: I've always wanted to see what a Dark-Ground Pokemon would be like, and whichever ability it has, it can be excellent.
6.) Sigilyph / Shinbora: I've heard TMs aren't that useful in this game, but I'm sure at least Fly is a big help, still. Plus, Magic Guard is neat.
7.) Joltik / Bachuru: The electric bug. This guy will replace Blitzle in the long run. Neutrality to Ground is pretty nice, too.
8.) Axew: Dragon Pokemon are awesome, and unlike Gible in Diamond, Kibago comes at a respectable level for when you find it.

This is the plan mostly, but I recently came across one dilemma. Would Scraggy / Zuruggu work better than Sandile? The final team of Samurott, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Galvantula, Sigilyph and Haxorus sounds awesome. BUT I would miss out on having a Fighting Pokemon at my disposal. Looking at the Elite Four, I know a Dark Pokemon is highly recommended. I'm just not sure which one.

Who works better for you guys? Kamina-dile? Or Rooster Lizard?

What's so good about magic guard for ingame? It protects you against sandstream early in the game and that's pretty much it...

breh

強いだね
What's so good about magic guard for ingame? It protects you against sandstream early in the game and that's pretty much it...
Uh... no poison, leech seed, or burn damage? :D

EDIT: Yeah it's mostly a convenience thing, especially for poison. Not very significant but nice.

Uh... no poison, leech seed, or burn damage? :D
True on the poison thingie.
However, other than a rival's Snivy, there's not much things that will leech seed you. As for the burn, most burns are induced by Flame Body in my personal experiences, which only activates to Sygiliph's Fly.
Then again I just remembered there's a fuckload of Gantoru that use Stealth Rock, so you won't mind those too much. :3

So, I haven't gotten the game (or an emulation) yet, but I have a pretty good idea of what I want to use throughout the game.

1.) Oshawott: He's gonna be my starter. This surprises me, too, because he was initially my least favorite. However, a Water Pokemon is rarely a bad idea (unless Ferrothorn is involved).
2.) Pansear: He's here as my Fire-type until I get a better one. Fire's a pretty useful offensive type, right?
3.) Blitzle: Again, he's not a permanent member, but Electric Pokemon might help with Water foes that Oshawott struggles with.
4.) Darumaka: THIS is my real Fire power. I've heard some neat things about him and Darmanitan, so I want to try him out.
5.) Sandile: I've always wanted to see what a Dark-Ground Pokemon would be like, and whichever ability it has, it can be excellent.
6.) Sigilyph / Shinbora: I've heard TMs aren't that useful in this game, but I'm sure at least Fly is a big help, still. Plus, Magic Guard is neat.
7.) Joltik / Bachuru: The electric bug. This guy will replace Blitzle in the long run. Neutrality to Ground is pretty nice, too.
8.) Axew: Dragon Pokemon are awesome, and unlike Gible in Diamond, Kibago comes at a respectable level for when you find it.

This is the plan mostly, but I recently came across one dilemma. Would Scraggy / Zuruggu work better than Sandile? The final team of Samurott, Darmanitan, Krookodile, Galvantula, Sigilyph and Haxorus sounds awesome. BUT I would miss out on having a Fighting Pokemon at my disposal. Looking at the Elite Four, I know a Dark Pokemon is highly recommended. I'm just not sure which one.

Who works better for you guys? Kamina-dile? Or Rooster Lizard?
Replacing Pansear with Darumaka is a VERY good idea. On the matter of Scraggy/Sandile then its a choice between a bit more bulk with Scraggy or a bit more power with Sandile.

Scraggy easily gets that extra power to match Sandile after Moxie. Plus, Scrafty can be incredibly difficult to take down, whilst Krookodile can be pretty fragile at times.

I would have thought in the case you can't get a Ranculus, you're better off with Symboler/Sygiliph. Magic Guard, Bulk, plenty of great moves.
After evolution, Oobumu/Beeheeyem has a rather respectable 75/75/95 bulk. Sigilyph has 72/80/80, and lacks a recovery move, without breeding. [Albeit, this can be done with the Pidove line, so it is possible to have a Roost Sigilyph by the 4th Gym]

Beeheeyem gets Electric-type attacks, while Siligyph does not.

Beeheeyem also has Base 125 Sp.Attack, far superior to Silgilyph's 103.

Maybe I was wrong in saying that Beeheeyem > Sigilyph, but it's not a truckload worse. It depends on what sort of pokemon you want, to some degree.

After evolution, Oobumu/Beeheeyem has a rather respectable 75/75/95 bulk. Sigilyph has 72/80/80, and lacks a recovery move, without breeding. [Albeit, this can be done with the Pidove line, so it is possible to have a Roost Sigilyph by the 4th Gym]

Beeheeyem gets Electric-type attacks, while Siligyph does not.

Beeheeyem also has Base 125 Sp.Attack, far superior to Silgilyph's 103.

Maybe I was wrong in saying that Beeheeyem > Sigilyph, but it's not a truckload worse. It depends on what sort of pokemon you want, to some degree.
Sigilyph is useful as soon as you get it and it doesn't need babying. Flying STAB is also pretty useful.

Also, Sigilyph gets Charge Beam, even though it isn't the best Electric-type attack.

Y'got me there.

Anyways, they both have their ups and downs. Personally, I'd choose Sigilyph over Beeheeyem.

Scraggy easily gets that extra power to match Sandile after Moxie. Plus, Scrafty can be incredibly difficult to take down, whilst Krookodile can be pretty fragile at times.
Krookodile also gets Moxie and because of his better initial strength, its easier to get a boost from it.

Also, Krookodile's other ability, Intimidate, greatly helps his bulk.

But I solved this by having both.

Every time you face N, he uses different Pokes. The Pokes he uses depends on the area, so Kiwi is saying that you should only use Pokes in that area, then boxing the ones when you get to a new one.
Exactly. The purpose of this is to maximize the difficulty (kinda like a nuzlocke) since usually your pokes will be somewhat underleveled, since you'll be using a new party every area. The Pokemon League sounds epic fun this way.

Exactly. The purpose of this is to maximize the difficulty (kinda like a nuzlocke) since usually your pokes will be somewhat underleveled, since you'll be using a new party every area. The Pokemon League sounds epic fun this way.
So every time you'd face N, you should have the same team as he does? I might try that after my regular playthrough. Now I first have to finish my Rocket-only run in HGSS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)