Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get the hotspot to work, can someone send me a PM to trade with me and check my ID please?
Thanks ^_^

I have a fix to the "Virtual Router Plus could not be started." problem.
First you open up cmd with admin privileges.
Then put in "netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow"
After that put in "netsh wlan start hostednetwork"
I think the problem was that Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is
not setup by default or something.

Last edited:
For people that are having this issue: "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"

I think it's because of this:

"first you need to check weather your network interface supports virtualization or not. Simply, run the following command to view Hosted network supported status."

Code:
netsh wlan show drivers

"In case, it says No, you will need to update your network adapter’s driver. If your NIC supports virtualization, you’re good to go."

http://www.addictivetips.com/window...less-ad-hoc-internet-connection-in-windows-8/

I can find the hotspot, but then I can't connect to the internét from my 3ds. Any ideas of why is this happening?

I've already restarted windows/instacheck a lot of times.

For people that are having this issue: "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"

I think it's because of this:

"first you need to check weather your network interface supports virtualization or not. Simply, run the following command to view Hosted network supported status."

Code:
netsh wlan show drivers

"In case, it says No, you will need to update your network adapter’s driver. If your NIC supports virtualization, you’re good to go."

http://www.addictivetips.com/window...less-ad-hoc-internet-connection-in-windows-8/
Is not the case for me. It says yes but still when I click Start hotspot it just gives me the "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"

Hey Omega, loving this new program :) Has been working flawlessly for me! However, a couple suggestions:

Is there any way you could make Instacheck ignore browser traffic? Going to a new webpage while it is scanning causes an error to pop up and it stops scanning until you press "ok".

A "clear list" button would be convenient ^_^

Could you make a "reddit-friendly" export/copy where there is a blank line between each entry rather than just a break? I'm pretty sure that as it is, it makes one big run-on because of how the formatting is on there =\

Great work guys, keep it up :D

Last edited:
"The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"

You MUST update your drivers if you're getting that. That's how I fixed it.

I have a fix to the "Virtual Router Plus could not be started." problem.
First you open up cmd with admin privileges.
Then put in "netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow"
After that put in "netsh wlan start hostednetwork"
I think the problem was that Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is
not setup by default or something.
I get the response: 'The wireless Autoconfig service is not running. The hosted network couln't be started.'

How to update my drivers?
Google will help you. I went to Device Manager, got my wifi card model, and googled for new drivers.

Don't forget that sometimes Windows Update will update drivers too, check there first. See the Optional Updates, and if you are lucky enough, you'll get an easy update there.

is there anyone who can point my in the right direction for this: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

Ive updated .net, and 2010/2012 redists per google, and still no dice.

Can anyone help me? program is starting fine. computer is wired to internet. Wireless card can host the network. internet firewall is turned off. 3DS sitting right on the computer can connect to the access point but has no internet?? hotspot has local area connection selected. Hotspot also only has a very weak connection.

This was working maybe 5 hours ago. no settings have changed except a restart. I have the newest .NET. Computer is windows 7 64-bit.

So i hit the start hotspot button on the program and i get and error tab with The method or operation is not implemented. How do I fix this i have the required files but it won't work

Heres my exception log can someone decipher?

at NETCONLib.INetConnectionProps.get_Status()
at Instacheck.MainForm.RefreshConnection()
at Instacheck.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

yeah whoever put those troubleshoots didnt know that the most common problem is actually getting it to work with multiple things you have to do ive been messing around with this and still have not gotten it to work its very difficult to figure out how to fix the issues especially the operation or method is not implemented which i dont think anyone knows how to fix this unfortunately

Could someone help me understand the requirements?

I have a PC, which has internet connection, and it also has a wi-fi password to connect to its internet.. will this be able to run the program?

Google will help you. I went to Device Manager, got my wifi card model, and googled for new drivers.

Don't forget that sometimes Windows Update will update drivers too, check there first. See the Optional Updates, and if you are lucky enough, you'll get an easy update there.
Which Driver exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)