Lucario

These sets are UNBELIEVABLY gimmicky but I figure I'd post them.

Physical Priority Abuser
Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: doesn't really matter, justified is the only useful one if a female DW Lucario or Riolu is ever released
Adamant
252 HP / 252 atk / 4 def
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Mach Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Mixed Priority Abuser
Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: same thing as physical
Naughty / Rash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 atk / 252 sp atk
- Work Up
- Bullet Punch
- Vacum Wave
- ExtremeSpeed

Very basic idea, set up as may SDs or work ups as possible and spam priority.
Yeah, above: Luke can't use mach punch.
And your lucario is slower than max speed Adamant Breloom, even with max HP, Mach Punch still KO you with Life Orb.

it is an egg move for lucario. i just checked. and a better set to me would be:
mixed sweep
rash (spA+/ spD- @focus shash/ life orb
move 1:drain punch/aura sphere
move 2:extreme speed
move 3: dragon pulse/psychic
move 4: earthquake
ev spread: 4 hp/ 124 atk/ 128 spA/ 252 spe

comments: in the first slot, drain punch. this is for extended recovery, and can be used to counteract the life orb. aura sphere is a replacement, as it never misses, and has higher power, but does'nt regenerate hp. extreme speed is next, as it is the most powerful priority move that does'nt require the opponenent to attack. dangon pulse is in the next slot because, most dragon types from 1-4th gen can learn earth quake. psychic is another viable option as it covers its fighting type weakness.
earthquake is in the last slot as it covers most fire type pokemon, and gives lucario som much needed raw power, even if it may only do regular damage.

using the focusshash is for the obvious, guaranteed survival for 1 turn. this only works against pokemon which are slower than it (eg. excadrill).
the life orb is for the much needed kick that lucario was once famous for, and coupleing that with drain punch regulates the damge taken from your opponenents and the life orb.

Could hp grass be decent nasty plot set?
what extra coverage do you get with hidden power grass? imo, i would rather have lucario run hp ice to cover gliscor or dragons. most bulky water dont like gettin hit with +2 aura sphere or dark pulse. also, np sets should run aura sphere dark pulse/shadow ball and vacuum wave. everythig is covered.

what extra coverage do you get with hidden power grass? imo, i would rather have lucario run hp ice to cover gliscor or dragons. most bulky water dont like gettin hit with +2 aura sphere or dark pulse. also, np sets should run aura sphere dark pulse/shadow ball and vacuum wave. everythig is covered.
Just because Fighting/Ghost gives perfect coverage doesn't mean you can't use a coverage move in the fourth slot. I'm not sure what you would be trying to hit with HP Grass though. Swampert? Quagsire? Gastrodon? I'm pretty sure there are better Pokemon to deal with these guys than HP Grass Luke

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
At first I thought that lucario, due to it's average base 90 speed was too slow for the metagame and therefore never used it I actually tested SD luke and I stand corrected. I either cleaning up weakened teams With ES or sweeping outright. Faster pokemon are usually frailer and are koed by +2 ES While even bulkier pokes can't survive SD lukes's +2 close combat/hi jump kick. overall SD luke is amazing(haven't tried NP luke yet) but it's stopped cold by ghosts who are faster than it. Any team support Options for lucario?

Kejundo makes for a good Hyper Offensive teammate, luring Gliscor and birds and hitting with mildly hard HP Ice, or by using Lucario as a mixed, and hitting hard with Ice Punch or HP Ice.

Pursuit users obv counter Lucario.

Using Scizor and TTar also give you the neat niche of supporting/countering Trick Room.

Breloom is also cool, with giving another Hyper Offensive option, using Spore on the switch-in's and hitting birds with Stone Edge.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Yeah, above: Luke can't use mach punch.
And your lucario is slower than max speed Adamant Breloom, even with max HP, Mach Punch still KO you with Life Orb.
Chandelure walls this set with ease. You may consider running dark pulse for dealing with him (as well as jellicent and golurk).

True, but Shadow Ball's Sp. Def drop could also seal the deal and let it hit harder with Aura Sphere or whatever coverage move Lucario has in its' arsenal.

It depends on the situation, honestly. A Sp. Def drop is just as good as a flinch, depending on what you need. If you're battling a physically bulky Poke and it gets a Sp. Def drop, then you can hammer it with a strong special move to end it. A flinch is always good too to get Lefties and any other recovery you have to potentially survive the next blow they throw at you.

and also, normal types can come in for free on shadow balls.
Only to then get promptly ass-kicked by CC/HJK and the crisis is averted. Most Normal-types wouldn't be crazy enough to switch into a pissed-off Lucario, especially with the threat of a CC/HJK. Perhaps Sawsbuck could threaten, but they're relatively scarce, so what other Normal-type could threaten Lucario, to reiterate what Pwne said right before my post?

I think we're talking about special Lucario, so Blissey might try to come in and TWave it, and Lucario needs to be set up before it can threaten the pink blob.

Blissey could come in and hammer it with a Twave before laughing in Lucario's face and setting Wishes up for her teammates, even if it was a physical variant. But if it's a physical sweeper, Blissey has to watch for a HJK or a CC to the face. But offensively, Blissey can't do anything to Lucario. Sawsbuck could use Nature Power (I believe it's EQ in PO) and Jump Kick to take the frail sweeper out, but other then that, no Normal-typed Pokemon can really genuinely threaten Luke.

But why in the world would physical Lucario use Shadow Ball? Blissey would never try coming in on a crunch. Or are you talking about mixed Luke?

Mixed Luke. I forget where the Shadow Ball vs. Dark Pulse discussion even came from, and I'm not really sure what set we were talking about, mixed or special. But I get your point, Physical Luke would be much better off with Crunch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)