1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Most frustrating pokemon moments!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Celever, Jan 20, 2013.

1. This is why I usually press B rapidly when people are talking.
  2. BlueStar99

BlueStar99

Aggghhh Whitney. I still have bad memories....
    On my Soulsilver game, I had a horribly overleveled Quilava so I thought it was gonna be easy and didn't get any other pokemon. I killed her other pokemon pretty easily, but then miltank came out. I damaged it but it used attract. I never even got a hit in because Quilavia kept getting immobilized by love so she stomped me to death. I then tried again. This time, I got flinchaxed to death. Finally, I figured out that you could trade for a machop in the department store and won.
  3. Deco

Deco

My worst Pokemon-related moment ever is a no-brainer.

I encountered a shiny Venomoth in the Safari Zone in LG. It fled.

The only other wild shinies I've ever seen were Zigzagoon in Ruby and Linoone in Emerald. Or maybe the other way around, I can't really remember.

Edit: Wow, it's been almost two years since my last post on Smogon.
  4. Majestic Electric

Majestic Electric

In Black 2, I went to the Giant Chasm to level grind and while doing so, I found a shiny Piloswine! This was the first time I encountered a shiny in any Pokemon game, so I was very excited. Unfortunately, I got a freaking crit and killed it.

I had a similar experience in FireRed. I encountered a shiny Caterpie in the Viridian Forest, but I had no Pokeballs with me. -_-

EDIT: 100th post! Yay! :D
  5. cantab

cantab

Ouch. Also, neat coincidence, if not all that unlikely: that's the same Pokemon in the same location as my first shiny! Except mine was in White (1).
  6. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

Atfer playing several years of Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black 1, Black 2, I found my first non-event Shiny pokemon in a new run in Pokemon Crystal ... A f***ing wild Zubat !
  7. Codraroll

Codraroll
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

Clocking some seven hundred hours in FireRed, I've found two shinies in total. The first one was a Pidgeotto. The second? A Pidgey. Yay for variety...
  8. Celever

Celever

Cynthia in white 2.

This is not because it is hard, it really is not, just the tactics that she uses. Because there really is nothing to do from levels 66-74 in the game, I've just been challenging Cynthia and since you are under-leveled and can't O/2HKO her pokemon you realize how annoying some of her pokemon are. (Also come on, she must have a high crit rate)

Spiritomb: Use a flipping deerling or stantler or something :P But besides that, double flipping team all the time and pressure just makes you run out of pp so much.
    Milotic: FUCK OFF MILOTIC! I try to play pokemon in my spare time, but milotic just rest spammed in about 4 of my spare times! All I had left at the point was my keldeo, aggron and camerupt so obviously I had to use keldeo. Keldeo was just critting its hydro pumps left and right, about 4 times against milotic, but it never did it twice in a row, and milotic would just use rest again... and again.. and again.... (and then carry on for, like, 13 times). I counted, she uses rest 13 times on my game before she runs out. Effing cheater...
  9. Celever

Celever

Also this, so far I have found 2 pokemon in hidden grottoes. Great... Even worse, they have both been MALE COMBEE.
  10. cbt

cbt doom
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Her mons have been proven to have perfect IVs, which may explain of her difficulty.
  11. Celever

Celever

:O She's as big a cheater as Joey!
  12. Dia

Dia

Heart gold. Set out to train my Cyndaquil.
    Wild Hoot hoot appeared
    *sparkling sound*
    10 seconds later, I have no Pokeballs.
  13. Zabel Zarock

Zabel Zarock

*Runs into a double battle between a shiny Steelix and a Graveler due to hanging out with Ridley*

*Sends out pokemon and Lucario.*

*Hopes Lucario would attack Graveler*

*Lucario force palms the Shiny Steelix*

Cue the rage
  14. Sturdynips

Sturdynips
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I legitimately got Pokerus in-game, and because I had no clue what it was at the time I thought, "Oh no my pokemon are infected with a virus!" So i restarted. Later I researched Pokerus..... D:
  15. cantab

cantab

You should have attacked Lucario. Though that only helps if you've the power to OHKO it.
  16. Shock_wave

Shock_wave

Not really frustrating, but during my BW run, I came across a shiny Liepard about Level 32 (God she was a BEAUTY, with red/black sparkling color). The problem is I just finished off Cynthia in a rebattle, so naturally, all my pokes are over levelled against that Liepard. (Why did I left my Breloom in the computer) I cross my fingers and BOOM, send out Metagross with Leftovers, and then...1 Ultra Ball = 1 shiny Liepard.
  17. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

I was just playing XD and I had only my Walrein and Eldes only had his Lapras with barely yellow health left. I tried to paralyze the thing with Walrein's body slam but couldn't. SO I began throwing Ultra Balls at it but it kept breaking out on the 2nd wiggle. I max revived my Shiftry in case Walrein got KOed and guess what happened?

Lapras used Shadow Storm.
    Critical hit on Shiftry!
    Critical hit on Walrein!

I whited out and lost the three other shadow Pokemon I snagged from him, Salamence, Manectric and Marowak. It mad me so mad that I just turned off the game and gave up.
  18. Celever

Celever

Oh come on, don't give up!
    But yeah, fail! :)
  19. TheKAM1993

TheKAM1993

I'm not giving up. I'm just taking a break for a few hours. I just wish my Gardevoir wasn't OHKOed by every shadow move so I could T Wave the shadows.
  20. btdamron

btdamron

Zubats... 'nuff said!

You go into a dark cave, forgetting you pokemon with flash...
    Every damn step you get a Zubat!!!
  21. Sæglópur

Sæglópur

Since it's most frustrating "pokemon" moments, mine aren't in the gb games, but on Pokemon Stadium, haha. The first one, especially, since all I had were rental pokemon.
    I remember in round 2, I managed to claw my way through the elite four, only to lose to my rival and have to start ALL over again. I was so pissed, I don't think I touched that game for a while after that!
  22. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Losing at a 60-win streak to Electrode and Lanturn in the Battle Subway

Goddamn Thunder Wave / Swagger spam
  23. SimicCombine

SimicCombine

If you keep on battling, you'll be introduced to the summoner of rage that is Roughneck Ganymede.
    Enemy Donphan's Quick Claw activated!
    Enemy Donphan used Fissure!
    It's a one-hit KO!

Trust me, it will happen.
  24. M. Rock

M. Rock

When Deoxys-D was banned. He was a big part of my Gravity team.
  25. kaps

kaps

the only shiny I ever encountered was a Graveler in soul silver on route 45. I threw a great ball. it did not catch and the Graveler promptly self-destructed.

ugh

Posted from Smogon.com App for Android

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)