Most frustrating pokemon moments!

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Trekking up Mt. Silver: a Shiny Golduck! Golduck's not that good, but it is my first Shiny of HG/SS so far, so that's sweet! Caught it, went back down to check on it, climbed back up.

In the very same area, I encountered ANOTHER. SHINY. GOLDUCK. I have no words.
If there were first world problems in Pokemon this would definitely be one of them.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think all of my frustrating pokemon moments have occurred in the battle factory. It's like an abusive significant other. It hurts me and I know that, but I keep going back...

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Mesprit was so painstaking to find because it seemed impossible to track then catch, as the marker had disappeared from my map somehow. In the end I cloned Master Balls from Emerald and caught Mesprit then later Cresselia.

Metang and Metagross were also incredibly hard to catch in BW. Luckily it wasn't a swarm and I caught one in the end.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Has anyone brought up the Farfetch'd in Ilex Forest?
Only in crystal in my opinion. In the remakes they were easy enough, but in crystal... that screwed up my speed-run.

Along with ice cave (in crystal). Anyone who was at that hangout knows what I'm talking about here, although they were probably too busy laughing...

And those switches in crystal. I have literally hit a wall.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
SRing a good legendary with a specific HP type. At least you can RNG manipulate regular breeding easily in comparison.

On a more casual note, the fight with Barry in Pt if you pick Chimchar or Piplup. The hyperactive kid who is possibly mainling mountain dew and red bull with a side order of skittles and pop rocks uncharacteristically turns the first battle into a stall match while most first rival fights take far less time.

I have unpleasant memories of the Nugget Bridge Blue/Gary fight in R/B. Not only did he repeatedly bullshit his way to victory by spamming Sand-Attack from Pidgeotto, but he then had the gall to laugh at me afterwards, branding me worthless for my inability to outplay the RNG.

Reactions: JES

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Psh, at least you guys found catchable shinies. You don't know true troll until you see 4 different shinies in the Battle Tower in Emerald, plus one from the Battle Tent in Slateport, which is even worse since the game teases you with it for a couple of battles.

I may just be able to trump you all. I have recently been catching up on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team, and have been playing on emulator (go on, arrest me). For some reason, manual saves don't work on the emulated version, so I've been using savestates... and have just accidentally overwritten my entire progress by accidentally creating a savestate instead of loading one.

I may just be able to trump you all. I have recently been catching up on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team, and have been playing on emulator (go on, arrest me). For some reason, manual saves don't work on the emulated version, so I've been using savestates... and have just accidentally overwritten my entire progress by accidentally creating a savestate instead of loading one.
I was playing Emerald, had beaten the game, working toward the Johto starters, and the game corrupted.

Level 79 Swampert, Level 95 Rayquaza, and a shiny Vileplume all down the drain.

I once found a shiny Tauros in the Safari Zone in FireRed. My heart pumped faster than it ever could. You know what happens next...

I'm currently stuck in my scramble in Viola's gym, my Goomy isn't strong enough to defeat her, and I can't afford to lose more money to her.

Your save type needs to be 128 KB.

I've got one for you: I was in Sky Tower and accidentally let the Shuppet I'd recruited there wander off and engage a Flygon it had no business fighting. I was doing a No-Reviver-Seeds run, and so if Shuppet went down he'd stay down. So of course I save right before Shuppet takes on this Flygon and loses.

Good news: I was on the summit, so Shuppet got to go home and I got to pursue the Flygon to avenge my fallen comrade.

Bad news: "Something is stirring!". While I'm on the opposite end of the floor from the stairs. I made it, but that was a close one. I never did find that Flygon.

1. Killing a shiny Aipom in Gold (didn't know you could catch shiny Pokémon that are not named Gyarados)
2. Battle Factory in Emerald: 1 more win and I would be able to battle for my last Gold Symbol...got destroyed by a Sheer Cold Dewgong that hit all its Sheer Colds. I have never made it to the top of the Battle Factory since then.
3. Breeding before gen 6
4. That cave you needed Flash to get through in Red/Blue/Yellow but I didn't know back in the day and tried to get through it blindly (I made it off course and I can make thought without it even today)
5. playing Diamond and Pearl
6. Catching roming Raikou, Entei and Suicune and of course catching Ho-oh in Crystal
7. Catching Kangashan and especially Tauros in Red/Blue/Yellow...good thing I found out unintentionally how to get them with the Missingno. trick but it took forever to even meet a freaking Tauros
8. Whitney's Miltank

When encountering a Legendary in RBY, and you are about to throw your Ultra Balls

"The Pokemon Box is full. Unable to use that item!"
"You missed the Pokemon!"

Oh, also, catching Pokemon in the Safari Zone (any generation). Especially if it is shiny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)