Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I need help RNG abusing for eggs in HGSS!
I can abuse just find for legendary pokemon in both gen IV and gen V, but whenever I try for eggs, I get really off results, nothing even close to what I should be getting.

What are the main differences between RNG abusing for Pokemon and RNG abusing for eggs that can throw off my results like this??

Just to clarify further: I mainly abuse by altering the date/time and delay. I hate looking for obnoxiously high frames, so I would prefer no frame advancements. I have my calibrated delay of 495, but I barely used that because I just manipulate the delay on my timer to hit the right one in game (so that if my timer is off, I just adjust the delay in the timer and try to hit the same seed). Again, I have plenty of experience with legendary pokemon, but none really with breeding. If there is something extremely different between the two, I'm probably missing that variable.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I need help RNG abusing for eggs in HGSS!
I can abuse just find for legendary pokemon in both gen IV and gen V, but whenever I try for eggs, I get really off results, nothing even close to what I should be getting.

What are the main differences between RNG abusing for Pokemon and RNG abusing for eggs that can throw off my results like this??

Just to clarify further: I mainly abuse by altering the date/time and delay. I hate looking for obnoxiously high frames, so I would prefer no frame advancements. I have my calibrated delay of 495, but I barely used that because I just manipulate the delay on my timer to hit the right one in game (so that if my timer is off, I just adjust the delay in the timer and try to hit the same seed). Again, I have plenty of experience with legendary pokemon, but none really with breeding. If there is something extremely different between the two, I'm probably missing that variable.
In HGSS, the PID of an egg is controlled by a different RNG that is advanced a different way than that of legendaries. Have you taken that into consideration?

In HGSS, the PID of an egg is controlled by a different RNG that is advanced a different way than that of legendaries. Have you taken that into consideration?
I think so. I just have to search for different spreads using RNG Reporter, right? Under HGSS breeding and the like?

And when I search for the spread I want in the time finder, do I have to click "HGSS inheritence," or is that just for power items? And I've read that usually egg frames start at frame 3, but when searching for frames, is that already taken into account? Should I be searching for eggs with a frame of 1?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think so. I just have to search for different spreads using RNG Reporter, right? Under HGSS breeding and the like?

And when I search for the spread I want in the time finder, do I have to click "HGSS inheritence," or is that just for power items? And I've read that usually egg frames start at frame 3, but when searching for frames, is that already taken into account? Should I be searching for eggs with a frame of 1?
There are 2 different types of things we're talking about here. When you go for shininess/nature/ability/gender, you're looking under the shiny egg tab. You'll want a frame 1 here since each egg consumes a frame. Calling the professor to confirm does not advance this.

When you go for IVs, you have to wait until the parents produce an egg and save in front of the day care man. Then RNG for something around frame 12 in your egg IVs tab. Pick it up and hatch. Calling the professor does advance this one.

Well I'm just trying for the IVs. So other than aiming for something around frame 12, everything is basically the same as RNG abusing for legends?
And how much do frames fluctuate above and below 12 usually?
I'm gonna do trial and error to hit somewhere around there.
But thanks so far for the help!

Frames tend to fluctuate by 2. Basically if the NPC doesn't move and you count on it moving(starting frame of 3 rather than 1) then you'll be 2 low, whereas if you don't think the NPC will move and calculate for 1 rather than 3, then you could be 2 over.

Well, I captured Giratina. This was a b**** to capture, it struggled to death twice, got killed by a critical hit twice, and I accidently pressed run twice. Then I was out of unusable pokemon. Oh yeah then I burned it to death. It was a 6039 delay. So yeah, I screwed up 8 times before I captured it in a dusk ball. I totally forgot about using a Smeargle lol.

#487 ギラティナ
OT:ダコタ | ID:00003 |Nature:Modest|Ability:Pressure/Levitate
Type:Ghost/Dragon|Capture Location:やぶれたせかい|Hidden Power:Dark 70
Moves:あやしいかぜ, げんしのちから, ドラゴンクロー, シャドーダイブ
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31​

Im going to move on to the rest of the legends then probably restart platinum again or soul silver. Thanks for everyone's help.

Right when the TV scene goes black. (You have to wait a bit, then you can press A to leave the TV)
Thanks! No wonder I didn't get any results :P

EDIT: Dang it I can't double post!
I'm having difficulty abusing my ID/SID combo in Diamond, is it the same process as in HGSS? If not, what's different?

Thanks! No wonder I didn't get any results :P

EDIT: Dang it I can't double post!
I'm having difficulty abusing my ID/SID combo in Diamond, is it the same process as in HGSS? If not, what's different?
I'm almost positive it's the same thing (Except I've never done it, so Idk). The only difference I can think of is when you'll have to press A at the end of the timer's. Did you try getting into the game then waiting at the TV and pressing A there when the second timer ends? Other than that, Idk.

I'm almost positive it's the same thing (Except I've never done it, so Idk). The only difference I can think of is when you'll have to press A at the end of the timer's. Did you try getting into the game then waiting at the TV and pressing A there when the second timer ends? Other than that, Idk.
Yeah, I pressed A when the timer ended on the tv screen. None of the results were close, and my seconds seem to be jumping all over the place like they were when I was first trying for HGSS.

HGSS generates after the trainer shrinks. (Once the black screen sets in)

Isn't this all in the first page? -_-

HGSS generates after the trainer shrinks. (Once the black screen sets in)

Isn't this all in the first page? -_-
I know that. By "the same thing" I meant the process (Finding a PID, pasting it into PBox, generating seeds, hitting a seed, etc.) :P

Anyways, good job Stephen.

I know that. By "the same thing" I meant the process (Finding a PID, pasting it into PBox, generating seeds, hitting a seed, etc.) :P

Anyways, good job Stephen.
Thanks! Do you know if my calibrated delay will change when I'm RNGing for piplup than when I was RNGing for my ID?

EDIT: Yay, yet ANOTHER problem :)
I saved before I get the starter. Then, I start the game on my time/delay. I miss my delay because the starter isn't shiny. Since I don't have AR, I level my starter up until I can narrow down the IVs far enough. I plug the IV ranges into the Find Seed by IV Range tool in RNGreporter, and I get the message "No reasonable initial seed found. Please check your DATE and TIME settings." I did this twice to confirm, and got the same error message. What could be the problem?

EDIT: Yay, yet ANOTHER problem :)
I saved before I get the starter. Then, I start the game on my time/delay. I miss my delay because the starter isn't shiny. Since I don't have AR, I level my starter up until I can narrow down the IVs far enough. I plug the IV ranges into the Find Seed by IV Range tool in RNGreporter, and I get the message "No reasonable initial seed found. Please check your DATE and TIME settings." I did this twice to confirm, and got the same error message. What could be the problem?
Hmm... on the "find IVs by range" tab, what mode do you have selected? Pick "custom" and set a delay range. Then try and see what you get. If you already had custom selected, then Idk :/

Also try and use MetalKid Calc as you can narrow the range by updating it every level. So smaller range more likely results.

Hmm... on the "find IVs by range" tab, what mode do you have selected? Pick "custom" and set a delay range. Then try and see what you get. If you already had custom selected, then Idk :/
Also try and use MetalKid Calc as you can narrow the range by updating it every level. So smaller range more likely results.
Thank you, but I already have a custom delay range and I am using MetalKid Calc...
Could it have to do with advancing the method 1 frame too much? I am saved right outside of Lake Verity, and I have to try to hit my delay, then go into Lake Verity, where that beginning scene plays out. Do Dawn and Professor Rowan moving around advance the frame at all even though they aren't random movements?
I'm also wondering if maybe I could have an incorrect calibrated delay that might be very far off. What is the typical calibrated delay for DPPt? On HGSS my calibrated delay was around 488-491.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)