Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

OK, I have tried multiple times to no avail, and with no way to check what delay I'm actually hitting. Why should I want to RNG this starter?

OK, I have tried multiple times to no avail, and with no way to check what delay I'm actually hitting. Why should I want to RNG this starter?
There is a way if you can access the IV's of the starter without saving.

You don't really have to, or need to. Just mainly for prestige. As it is in the same ball as if bred just without egg moves.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I would strongly advise you to just breed it, so you could get Agility on it as well. :P I've tried to abuse Piplup as well on my Platinum game, but I think it is just not do-able, if you're not using an emulator.

There is a way if you can access the IV's of the starter without saving.

You don't really have to, or need to. Just mainly for prestige. As it is in the same ball as if bred just without egg moves.
I would strongly advise you to just breed it, so you could get Agility on it as well. :P I've tried to abuse Piplup as well on my Platinum game, but I think it is just not do-able, if you're not using an emulator.
Thanks, guys. And Winters Zombie, i have leveled them up far enough to get the IVs, and get no results in the find seed by iv range tool...So I think I'll just SR for at least a good nature and be on my way :)

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Just checking before I waste a bunch of time, in HGSS sweet scenting on water advances the frame by 2 -3 depending on your game right?

Yep, 2-3. If your SS advances by 1 in the grass, then it most likely advances by 2 on water. If it advances by 2 in the grass, then I would think it would advance by 3 on the water (That's just my assumption, I'm probably wrong xD).

Lol haven't posted here in like a year, but here goes xD. I've started to RNG breed on 4th gen again, but of course Reporter has gone through several changes. I know the breeding mechanics for egg inheritance (nature, gender, etc) cannot be done in 9.81 Beta, so my question is, is 9.75 sufficent for this or should I browse the web for an earlier version?

Lol haven't posted here in like a year, but here goes xD. I've started to RNG breed on 4th gen again, but of course Reporter has gone through several changes. I know the breeding mechanics for egg inheritance (nature, gender, etc) cannot be done in 9.81 Beta, so my question is, is 9.75 sufficent for this or should I browse the web for an earlier version?
9.75 should be working fine for what you're wanting to do.

Yea, I just went ahead with it and it worked fine. Is there anything 9.75 won't work for? Or do I just that only for breeding and 9.81 for everything else, as I have used 9.81 for gift and wild on 4th gen with success.

I'm calibrating my DPPT RNG to use Time Finder, i have a delay around 635, but i can't understand why sometimes i have a delay of 800+ ._.

Anybody feel like teaching me 4th Gen RNGing on SS? Buckert was supposed to teach me, but we've been online at different times the past couple days.

VM me if you'd like to help.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not exactly RNG abuse related but I don't know where else to ask. In 3rd gen, more specifically pokemon XD, the IV's/nature/ability of the pokemon are generated the moment they're sent out into battle right? If so, does the same apply when battling Greevil? Let's say he sent out the first two pokemon, there's nothing to do about them, however if I were to lose on purpose to go back to the save point without any other of his pokemon showing up, would the remaining 4 mons have their stats "undetermined" until I get to see them in the next battle? =/

In Diamond, at what point are IVs, nature, and shininess generated for mesprit?
When you encounter it. (Still stationary)

Since it's a roamer, it should have all that generated before roaming or it would be random all the time. If you knew that, why ask? (Unless you thought it generates before whatever else...)

When you encounter it. (Still stationary)

Since it's a roamer, it should have all that generated before roaming or it would be random all the time. If you knew that, why ask? (Unless you thought it generates before whatever else...)
Thanks OmegaForte, I wasn't sure since I've never RNGed in DPPt before, I thought it might be different or something.

So, I'm currently trying to RNG a shellos on Route 213.
I'm using this spread: Calm 31/26/31/31/31/31 J (synch): 21 ESV: 1
I hit my time and delay (which I verified from the Coin Flip), and sweet scented without advances the frame at all just to see if it matched up with the Method J frame 1. It didn't. I got a Wingull, Calm nature, and IVs did not match up. I repeated the process of hitting my delay, and got another Wingull, but this time Naive nature. There's probably something obvious I'm doing wrong since DPPt RNG is new to me (only done BW and HGSS). Any ideas as to what it could be?

I'm on the last step of RNGing in SS, but I'm having trouble using the timer to hit my delay. I'm aiming to reach 581, but I've hit 577 and 583 the most, but also the delays around there a few times.

Anybody have tips other than practice makes perfect?

I'm on the last step of RNGing in SS, but I'm having trouble using the timer to hit my delay. I'm aiming to reach 581, but I've hit 577 and 583 the most, but also the delays around there a few times.

Put the delay that you hit (577 for example) into the "Delay Hit" option and press update. It will update your timer. After that keep trying and updating the timer until you get your result.

Seems like more people have higher success with Eontimer than Pikatimer, so I suggest you use Eon. Other than nope, hitting he delay is just timing, don't rely only on the looking of the clock, as I think the sound is more important.

Put the delay that you hit (577 for example) into the "Delay Hit" option and press update. It will update your timer. After that keep trying and updating the timer until you get your result.
Seems like more people have higher success with Eontimer than Pikatimer, so I suggest you use Eon. Other than nope, hitting he delay is just timing, don't rely only on the looking of the clock, as I think the sound is more important.
That's what I've been doing.

Thanks OmegaForte, I wasn't sure since I've never RNGed in DPPt before, I thought it might be different or something.

So, I'm currently trying to RNG a shellos on Route 213.
I'm using this spread: Calm 31/26/31/31/31/31 J (synch): 21 ESV: 1
I hit my time and delay (which I verified from the Coin Flip), and sweet scented without advances the frame at all just to see if it matched up with the Method J frame 1. It didn't. I got a Wingull, Calm nature, and IVs did not match up. I repeated the process of hitting my delay, and got another Wingull, but this time Naive nature. There's probably something obvious I'm doing wrong since DPPt RNG is new to me (only done BW and HGSS). Any ideas as to what it could be?
new page

There are wondering NPC's on the route, 4 to be exact. They must be messing with your frame. however, 2 of them are Vs Seeker-able, so you can re-battle them to make them stop moving, but 2 are not.

That's what I've been doing.
You just gotta keep trying, as you seem to be doing everything right. Getting used to hitting the delay is what made 4th gen annoying at times, but once you have several under your belt, it will become second nature.

^ to further explain, there are 10 NPC trainers on that route, which any of them could be messing with your frame.

If I remember correctly when I RNG'd for Blue Shellos/Gastrodon, I ended up just doing one on 224 which has much less NPC's and are easier to control.

I can test it real quick and tell you which NPC's can and can't be VS seeker if you'd like.

There are wondering NPC's on the route, 4 to be exact. They must be messing with your frame. however, 2 of them are Vs Seeker-able, so you can re-battle them to make them stop moving, but 2 are not.
I'm sorry, I don't know much about the whole Vs Seeker fixing thing, how does that work? And once I have just two left, how do I work around them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 15)