1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by mingot, Mar 16, 2009.

1. sandman

sandman Bum bum bum bum
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

is there anyway to advance the rng with the radio by 5 on wednesday or by talking to my pokemon, i'm in the embedded tower and all i get from him is the exclamation point and ... feels a presence.
  2. Drake Tseng

Drake Tseng

I am trying to RNG abuse a spread with a very high delay (since frame advancement is sketchy in HGSS). How can I check my work to see how close I landed? It appears that RNG Reporter SeedFinder doesn't register high delays. This is the last step I need to catch my perfect Ho-oh... halp!
  3. Romsstar

Romsstar

I'm on vacation now and working on a complete list for the radio.
    And some other things I found out about the HG/SS RNG.
    I hope that this will then solve all inconsistent result issues.
    But you could try tapping the right bottom of the radio 5 times, as in most cases tapping the right bottom advances the frame +1
  4. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

1) Walk 128 Steps
  5. sandman

sandman Bum bum bum bum
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

the right bottom button or the right bottom part of the globe?
  6. gameman87

gameman87

I'm RNG'ing Raikou right now. The bottom right button if the station plays the goldenrod theme has been very consistent. Its always +1. Does anyone know how much the Buena's password station advances it? Edit: Ran a test and found my spread even though there were too many seed combinations. It had no effect for me but the delay was unusually low (scrolled down the menu, returned to title, then started), so not sure if I can trust this test.
  7. Romsstar

Romsstar

[​IMG]

I don't actually now which one is Buena's but the above posted combination works very often, in many cases the left bottom button also gaves constant +3 although I can't guarantee that as it depends on the time.

But this pic above is your best bet.
  8. Drake Tseng

Drake Tseng

I know I posted this 5 minutes ago, but a fast paced thread + being the last post on a page = never getting a reply. Any advice is appreciated here guys. Ty.
  9. gameman87

gameman87

Is there any way to change between an odd or even delay without year changing or a gba game? I heard scrolling to the bottom menu can do it, but is this true?
  10. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

its true
  11. gameman87

gameman87

I'm a little confused about that. Do you scroll down, back up and then start the game, or do you scroll down, press b, enter the menu again and then start?
  12. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

scroll down then back up and start the game
  13. COKTAL

COKTAL

How high is the delay? The seed finder searches as high as 3,600 for the delay. So unless you're higher than that, it should be able to find it. If it is higher, you could use Wichu's Program. The only problem with that is that it takes roughly 5 minutes for one search, and you'll need to know the exact IVs.
  14. Drake Tseng

Drake Tseng

Thanks for your response. My target delay is 2794. It is interesting you say seed finder goes that far... let me tell you what I have been doing then.

I get a good Seed to Time, input my desired seconds/delay into PikaTimer, set my ds to date/time and follow PikaTimer appropriately. I immediately catch Ho-oh and using "Find Initial Seed by Stats" I put in the matching date/time, select HGSS delay, and input the stats. Nothing ever comes up. Using the same method with much lower delays has always worked for me. The only thing different is my delays. Unless this can be fixed, I think I am willing to wait 5 minutes every check as I am fine at landing on proper delays, I just need to test my results a few times to adjust the pikatimer.

Can you think of anything I am doing wrong or what the problem might be?
  15. LaFrozen

LaFrozen

Man, this thread moves fast. o:
  16. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

Hey.... I had a question about emloop

when changing my delay to a Higher one (mine was from 682 to 874).... it alters the seconds (from 11 to 14).... now when I SR that second time.... am I trying to get it close to my original? or the 2nd one? (it seems closer to the original) also... if I'm NOT close... do I edit the 682? or the 874?
  17. COKTAL

COKTAL

@ Drake: It should find those delays. The HG abuse I did yesterday had a delay of 2759, and it found every spread for me. Are you sure that you've got it to a high enough level to where it can figure out the IVs for the seed? At level 45 it usually finds a few hundred seeds that could be possible.
  18. Drake Tseng

Drake Tseng

Hmm... I could throw a few rare candies at it, but usually it would say "too many possible seeds found, try a higher level" not the "cannot find anything" message.

Edit: I am getting the latter message, not the former. Just to be clear.
  19. gameman87

gameman87

Are you adjusting the level as well as the stats. Also, if you're using rare candies on a legendary. If you use enough, metalkid's IV Calculator could probably get you the exact IVs or close enough to help you find your seed.
  20. Atomsk777

Atomsk777

is this on HG/SS? did you check the box at the bottom that says (HG/SS delay)?... it changes the minimum search from 600 to 400
  21. COKTAL

COKTAL

Are you sure the times are correct?
  22. Drake Tseng

Drake Tseng

@gamer - Yeah, not doing any basic goofs there, but I may just try calculating the IVs myself and doing the "Initial Seed by IV" instead of "Initial Seed by Stats"

@pc777 - Yes, I did all that

@COKTAL - Mostly yes, but I am gonna try it a few more times. I am inputting the Target Time correctly.

Will do a few attempts and post my progress... thanks for the responses all. <3
  23. COKTAL

COKTAL

Make sure you are entering the game world at the right time. With that high a delay it's nearly impossible to get in the same time you set it at.
  24. Drake Tseng

Drake Tseng

What do you mean?
  25. COKTAL

COKTAL

Let say your target time is 6:25:00 or something like that. If you're aiming for that time, you need to enter the game at that exact same time. So if the delay takes 45 seconds, you'll need to set the clock at 6:24 and soft reset after 15 seconds.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)