Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Question for RNG on Platinum:

If you mess up your coin flips can you restart your DS and try again? or do you need to re-calibrate so basically start all over again?

Question for RNG on Platinum:

If you mess up your coin flips can you restart your DS and try again? or do you need to re-calibrate so basically start all over again?
If you mess with your coin flips where?
Are you abusing nature and shininess, Iv's, are you catching?

If you mess with your coin flips where?
Are you abusing nature and shininess, Iv's, are you catching?
Thanks for correcting me, what I mean by " Messed up " on my coin flips...I was supposed to do 5 flips and I did 6 on accident....im abusing for nature and shininess.

For this mistake do I have to re-calibrate or just restart my DS?

You should start calibrating again.

Edit: I mean, starting all over again(like saving again in front of a grass) and soft-resetting are just the same process since you first saved in front of the grass.

What do you mean by calibrating anyways?

Thanks for correcting me, what I mean by " Messed up " on my coin flips...I was supposed to do 5 flips and I did 6 on accident....im abusing for nature and shininess.

For this mistake do I have to re-calibrate or just restart my DS?
You should start calibrating again.
He's right. If you're hitting a random seed, finding it by catching a Pokémon and then doing the flips you gotta start the process all over again. But I'm sure you are, or else there would be no need for calibration which is a wired word anyway so.... Yeah, start calibrating again.

EDIT: In fact, you don't need to do it. A coin flip advances the RNG by 1 while the happiness taps advance by 2xn each. n being the number of Pokémon in your party.
So, imagine you're trying to hit frame 766. You'd need 62 happiness taps (with 6 Pokémon in your party). Which is 12 from entering the application + 12*62 = 756. And 9 coin flips (756+9=765). So, imagine you had done 10 coin flips (but hadn't done the happiness taps). You had 755 left to advance (765-10=755). Then you'd need 61 happiness taps (61*12=732; 732+12=744) and then had 12 coin flips left.
This means that 62 happiness taps + 9 coin flips is the same as 61 happiness taps + 21 coin flips.

Stupid question but i have a problem, after lot of trial and error i grasped the timing concept and all; problem is now that i'm able to hit the delay i discovered my game switched from odd to even (and i need even); are there some trick to it? switching the cart in gba slot doesn't seem to work, do i have to change the timeslot ?

edit: forgot to mention i'm using diamond.

Stupid question but i have a problem, after lot of trial and error i grasped the timing concept and all; problem is now that i'm able to hit the delay i discovered my game switched from odd to even (and i need even); are there some trick to it? switching the cart in gba slot doesn't seem to work, do i have to change the timeslot ?

edit: forgot to mention i'm using diamond.
Change the year.
-1 year = +1 on the delay

Can anyone describe the best way of using the radio in HGSS to advance the frame, please?
It's personal preference. If you're in a place you can only use the radio and not the phone (Pokemon League for roamers), use the RadioSeed program to verify your seed/frame just like you would with Elm Calls. I know Eiganjo likes to use the program that advances between 14 and 18 (?) frames every time; he runs two calculators at once (minimum and maximum advances) to verify his frame with Elm Calls. You'd have to ask him how he does that.

Personally, I just use RadioSeed and the bottom-right station to advance 1 frame at a time (I toggle between the radio and the map with the station on so you can advance a little faster than dragging) when I can't use the phone to advance. I've started using Youngster Joey calls to advance when the phone is available, then verifying every so often with Elm Calls.

I'm not sure if it's just me or if it just does this, but as I'm calibrating in SS, my seconds value is fairly consistent (I can almost predict it) but my delays keep varying from 500 to 480. I want it to be more specific, can I do this somehow?

do you need an AR to effectively do this, because im checking frames and knowing exact IV's seems vital
AR can make things easier, but if you come prepared (building a stockpile of Rare Candy, or having unlocked access to the IV checker at the Battle Frontier for example), doing it legitimately is almost as easy too.

I'm not sure if it's just me or if it just does this, but as I'm calibrating in SS, my seconds value is fairly consistent (I can almost predict it) but my delays keep varying from 500 to 480. I want it to be more specific, can I do this somehow?
Even if you narrow it down to a single second, the delays are still going to have a range in which they fluctuate. As long as you can hit the same second repeatedly, a few tries is all it should take to hit a specific delay.

Anyone have advice on frame advancement inside stores in Platinum? I'm looking for frame 46 for a Wondercard and therefore I need 22 journal flips, then one more frame. [46 - 1 (wondercard monster frame) - 0 (no roamers)] / 2 = 22.5 journal flips. 22 flips, then what? Allow one NPC to move?
Also, I still have a Manaphy Egg from Ranger to do with roughly the same desired IV spread, and since it is an Egg generated by Method 1 (despite Wondercard method of delivery), the target frame is 47 for that same IV spread. I could use the same seed for it and then just do 23 flips to reach frame 47. Correct?
Can anyone help here? The guides explain frame advancement, but not while standing in a store where 128 steps without NPC movement is out of the question. Is the another type of journal page that only advances 1? Coin flipping does NOT advance frame like Elm calls, correct?
Wondercard seems to produce the same spreads on frames 1 lower than Method 1, meaning a Method 1, frame 1 spread is impossible with a Wondercard. Why the frame skip there?

Even if you narrow it down to a single second, the delays are still going to have a range in which they fluctuate. As long as you can hit the same second repeatedly, a few tries is all it should take to hit a specific delay.
So does that mean what I have now is fine, providing I can keep the seconds consistent in the future, and I can go ahead and try to RNG?

So does that mean what I have now is fine, providing I can keep the seconds consistent in the future, and I can go ahead and try to RNG?
Yes. The delay is unpredictable. Just try a few times, and you'll get it.
Side Note:
Anyone have a Master Ball I can have? Preferably non-cloned/hacked, but I guess it doesn't matter.
I need it for calibration.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
from what I know acid, it doesnt add frames whatsoever, or at least it didnt when I did some hoenn/sinnoh sound rng pokemon

Tase said:
It's personal preference. If you're in a place you can only use the radio and not the phone (Pokemon League for roamers), use the RadioSeed program to verify your seed/frame just like you would with Elm Calls. I know Eiganjo likes to use the program that advances between 14 and 18 (?) frames every time; he runs two calculators at once (minimum and maximum advances) to verify his frame with Elm Calls. You'd have to ask him how he does that.
I only use that for High frames (like 1.5k+) as its faster and really easily checkable after. for low frames (like under 1k) I tend to use the buena channel normally though :P

from what I know acid, it doesnt add frames whatsoever, or at least it didnt when I did some hoenn/sinnoh sound rng pokemon

I only use that for High frames (like 1.5k+) as its faster and really easily checkable after. for low frames (like under 1k) I tend to use the buena channel normally though :P
Thanks very much.

When using the readioseed to verify the seed, I tune the variety channel, let it play and register the result as they come or i tuni in - see program, tune out and tune in again?

Very new page. This is for breeding a shiny Bronzong that is Sassy and has Ability 0 (which is Levitate). I very luckily found a seed that needed only 2 coin flips to get this while using both his OT and SID. Then, I hatched the egg and found that it was Relaxed and Ability 1 on my game, which was the result I would have gotten from 2 coin flips using my OT and SID. Then I proceeded to get reset for IVs and when I got them I saved with the egg in my possession.

If I send the egg over, will it hatch shiny with Relaxed and Ability 1, or shiny with Sassy and Ability 0, or neither?
Third time is the charm...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)