Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Are there any plans to upload instructions on how to abuse the RNG in HGSS in the OP/in an article on site?
Probably, but abuse there is still in it's infancy. There are still lots of questions to be answered for "cart only". That's why there's no OP yet.

''Walking in areas with no wild Pokémon
Taking 128 steps will advance the RNG by a number equal to the number of Pokémon in your party. This step counter is stored when you save your game and does not revert to zero when you soft reset?, so it is important that you walk exactly 128 steps. Any more and it is possible that the RNG will advance again and throw off your calculations.''

The counter reverts to zero when I switch of my DS,right?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
''Walking in areas with no wild Pokémon
Taking 128 steps will advance the RNG by a number equal to the number of Pokémon in your party. This step counter is stored when you save your game and does not revert to zero when you soft reset?, so it is important that you walk exactly 128 steps. Any more and it is possible that the RNG will advance again and throw off your calculations.''

The counter reverts to zero when I switch of my DS,right?
As long as you don't save your game. Every time you save, it saves the amount of steps you have taken (in relation to the "128").

When I was RNGing my Mesprit, I needed to walk 128 steps, so I checked my seed, then opened up my step counter, reset it and walked. I walked 130 steps to get right in front of him again, thinking it wouldn't be a problem. I caught Mesprit and noticed my frame was off. I Reset, hit my seed again and this time made sure to only walk exactly128 steps this time and the Mesprit was on the frame I wanted. Just so happened that those extra 2 steps were enough to set my step counter twice, throwing my frames off.

Always walk exactly 128 steps, no more.

So, I'm trying to rng abuse my Oaks letter shaymin.
I saved in front of the deliveryman.
Hit my seed.
The IV's I want are on frame 1 (method J, right?) so I didn't do any journal flips.
Talked to the deliveryman right away.
Found shaymin, caught it and I was on frame 588+.
So I have to take all the steps into account?
Or am I missing something?

You do for wonder cards where you're actually given a pokemon, for wonder cards like darkrai and shaymin it's no different than a regular method J legend.

if i want to rng abuse for a flawless raikou after defeating the e4, the starting frame is always 1? i've just defeat the "first" raikou and i'm going to catch the second one generated after the e4....

Raikou's starting frame was 11 or 9. I don't remember, but Entei is one and Raikou is the other. I believe Raikou was 11, but I'm not sure.

.csv can be opened in excel. For more HG/SS abuse info, you can look at the other RNG thread. It is somewhere in this forum, not sure where. If you have any questions on it, ask here though.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted the info on FR/LG's RNG earlier as I said I would (especially sorry to mingot), I've just been really busy lately, and after Worlds I had gotten so burned out on Pokémon that I didn't really want to devote much time to the game. Anyway, I already posted the info in the FR/LG thread in Evergrande, but so people don't miss it, here it is:

Basically the way to abuse FR/LG's RNG is to catch a pokémon (for example Zapdos), check its IVs, and get the seed. Then go backwards through the RNG (using the reverse RNG formula on the seed) until you find your starting seed. I never figured out how the game creates it, but the starting seed is always going to be a 2 byte number so it doesn't really matter since the RNG rarely comes up with numbers that small (and when it does the offset is usually a giveaway as to whether its the starting seed or not). I made a program that can do this, its a simple DOS program I quickly made that I haven't had a chance to make look nice. If you guys want me to post it anyway, I can.

Continue doing this until you find a seed you land on often. Once you find a particular seed that seems to work for you, use RNGReporter to check if there are any spreads for the seed that you want. Finally, you need to correctly time the frame you enter the battle to match the corresponding spread.

This seems similar to the other RNGs (aside that the starting seed is harder to figure out), but there is one key factor that seperates it from the other RNGs: button presses on the title screen seem to influence the starting seed. So to get the seed you want you have to make sure that not only are you on the title screen for the correct amount of time, but you also press the A/start buttons the correct amount of times as well. And on top of that you need to enter the battle on the correct frame. Needless to say its quite tough.

I am breeding in Emerald and I was checking which frame I got and noticed I got something in the Emerald Alternate list. What does that mean? Is it just a freak thing like getting a split on a frame? i.e. are there really 3 possible spreads at a given frame?

i am currently breeding for shiny pokemon and most of the time get high frames....
and i was wondering if there was another way to get results with less frams
or if there was another program that does it better then the rng reporter

i am currently breeding for shiny pokemon and most of the time get high frames....
and i was wondering if there was another way to get results with less frams
or if there was another program that does it better then the rng reporter
You can use the time finder to find seeds to hit for shiny eggs, but that is about it.

It is somewhere in the guides listed in the OP, it is a feature of RNG Reporter. You click on "Time Finder," go to the "Shiny Egg" tab, then enter the information and hit "Generate." It comes up with seeds that have at most 80 taps to reach a shiny egg of your choice of gender, ability, and nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)