Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have a small question
How exactly do you hit high delays?
I read everywhere in most of the beginning posts "Understanding how to hit high delays" but with no explanation.
Is it just waiting a while until you press continue? If so, how exactly do you time it?

well for seconds, i've gotten 13 most of the time (i've only gotten one or two others) and i've gotten all odd delays mostly within the range of 633-645

is that enough to go off of or do i need more?
As long as the seconds are consistant id say you could stop. Do it a few more times and if you get 13 Seconds Id say stop...

I have a small question
How exactly do you hit high delays?
I read everywhere in most of the beginning posts "Understanding how to hit high delays" but with no explanation.
Is it just waiting a while until you press continue? If so, how exactly do you time it?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1907765&postcount=6
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1822070&postcount=10

when using Method K to RNG in HGSS, do you still advance the RNG in the same way as you normally would? For example, the spread I'm trying to hit is on frame 150. The pokemon I'm trying to catch is Latios (so I'm assuming a monster frame of 1), and there are three roamers (Entei, Raikou, Latias). So my RNG advances would be 150 - 1 - 3 = 146? Or is it different in HGSS?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
when using Method K to RNG in HGSS, do you still advance the RNG in the same way as you normally would? For example, the spread I'm trying to hit is on frame 150. The pokemon I'm trying to catch is Latios (so I'm assuming a monster frame of 1), and there are three roamers (Entei, Raikou, Latias). So my RNG advances would be 150 - 1 - 3 = 146? Or is it different in HGSS?
Yeah, you would advance the RNG the same number of times, but the same actions that advance the RNG in DPPt aren't consistent in HGSS. Sometimes taking a step will advance the RNG by one, sometimes two, and sometimes the roamers will advance the RNG by 4 or 5 instead of 3.

There's a lot of trial and error involved.

Yeah, you would advance the RNG the same number of times, but the same actions that advance the RNG in DPPt aren't consistent in HGSS. Sometimes taking a step will advance the RNG by one, sometimes two, and sometimes the roamers will advance the RNG by 4 or 5 instead of 3.

There's a lot of trial and error involved.
okay thank you very much :) and would you happen to know how to track the roamers?

1 question about emerald rnging I soft restart the game and start the stop watch at the same time So the time shown is 1:01:50 Does that mean if i do not press a at exactly 50 milliseconds i messed up?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1 question about emerald rnging I soft restart the game and start the stop watch at the same time So the time shown is 1:01:50 Does that mean if i do not press a at exactly 50 milliseconds i messed up?
yep you have to be exact unless your catching a wild pokemon (not a egendary or method 1 pokemon) in which case you could use a synchronizer to help hit you frame

I had a really wired experience with RNG catching just today. I wanted to catch a Jolly Staraptor and the frame was odd so I realeased (RNG'd of course) my last roammer: Articuno. This way, as the monster frame for Sweet Scented Pokémon is 2 I'd have to subtarct 3 from 941 (my target frame). So as 941 - 3 = 938 and 938/2 = 469, I did 469 journal flips. I got my seed correct 3 times and three times did the journal flips. However, I landed on a frame of 942 every single time. Seeing what was happening, I caught Articuno and tried again just to hit 941 and get my beauty. So, it was my first time RNG catching on grass. Does this mean the monster frame is 3 and not 2?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I had a really wired experience with RNG catching just today. I wanted to catch a Jolly Staraptor and the frame was odd so I realeased (RNG'd of course) my last roammer: Articuno. This way, as the monster frame for Sweet Scented Pokémon is 2 I'd have to subtarct 3 from 941 (my target frame). So as 941 - 3 = 938 and 938/2 = 469, I did 469 journal flips. I got my seed correct 3 times and three times did the journal flips. However, I landed on a frame of 942 every single time. Seeing what was happening, I caught Articuno and tried again just to hit 941 and get my beauty. So, it was my first time RNG catching on grass. Does this mean the monster frame is 3 and not 2?
yeah other people have reported having the same problem in the last few pages I don;t think there's an answer to it

Well, i'm saved in front of the Daycare man with him holding an an egg that will give me my desired Nature and Ability, and i've been trying to figure out what frame I'm on so I can start resetting for IVs, but i've gotten some weird results for my frames- 2,7,7,6,8

The two is really throwing me off... and i'm rather confused

Well, i'm saved in front of the Daycare man with him holding an an egg that will give me my desired Nature and Ability, and i've been trying to figure out what frame I'm on so I can start resetting for IVs, but i've gotten some weird results for my frames- 2,7,7,6,8

The two is really throwing me off... and i'm rather confused
Make sure you're collecting the egg before any NPC moves. If any of them turns or takes a step, it will throw the frame off.

Make sure you're collecting the egg before any NPC moves. If any of them turns or takes a step, it will throw the frame off.
Each time, I've been mashing A after the I hit the continue screen to get the egg as soon as possible, but I may have been wrong when comparing the IVs of my egg to those generated by RNG reporter as all of my frames have been around 7 except for that one

I have three questions:
#1. Is it possible to RNG abuse Swarm pokemon? If so, when you step onto the shiny patch of grass containing the pokemon you are RNG'ing for, does that advance the frame by 1?
#2. Can you control the shininess of Sweet Honey Tree pokémon then RNG for IV's?
#3. How do people get such excellent spreads for shiny pokemon? Many people in the Discuss my Pokemon thread have amazing IV's on their captures, with the added bonus of their pokemon being shiny. Some people say they did it in a matter of a few minutes. What I want to know, is how people RNG for shininess and excellent IV's without wasting days on end doing journal flips to get to a ridiculously high frame? Do they imply use JavaRNG until they find a suitable spread? Or do they use ID Finder to get the SID they need to do it at a lower frame?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
I have three questions:
#1. Is it possible to RNG abuse Swarm pokemon? If so, when you step onto the shiny patch of grass containing the pokemon you are RNG'ing for, does that advance the frame by 1?
#2. Can you control the shininess of Sweet Honey Tree pokémon then RNG for IV's?
#3. How do people get such excellent spreads for shiny pokemon? Many people in the Discuss my Pokemon thread have amazing IV's on their captures, with the added bonus of their pokemon being shiny. Some people say they did it in a matter of a few minutes. What I want to know, is how people RNG for shininess and excellent IV's without wasting days on end doing journal flips to get to a ridiculously high frame? Do they imply use JavaRNG until they find a suitable spread? Or do they use ID Finder to get the SID they need to do it at a lower frame?
you just posted this in simple request and questions where me and stevee answered it

I for some reason seem to be having trouble making shiny eggs.... I have RNG'd 3 pokes so far and was able to make the egg shiny on my first try... now (last few days) I use the same ditto... and another parent and put them in after doing the taps and flips... but for some reason... It won't be shiny... I have tried doing it on both normal and international.... what am I doing wrong? and i'm about 99.99999% sure I did the right amount of taps and flips.... anothe thing... when it says I need 0 coin flips... does that mean I still have to change to that app? (I was doing that)

I for some reason seem to be having trouble making shiny eggs.... I have RNG'd 3 pokes so far and was able to make the egg shiny on my first try... now (last few days) I use the same ditto... and another parent and put them in after doing the taps and flips... but for some reason... It won't be shiny... I have tried doing it on both normal and international.... what am I doing wrong? and i'm about 99.99999% sure I did the right amount of taps and flips.... anothe thing... when it says I need 0 coin flips... does that mean I still have to change to that app? (I was doing that)
Which method do you use to get the shiny egg? The original or for54years' guide? Do you check what the non shiny egg is? Are you out by a consistant amount? It won't hurt to flip to the coin flip app.

Are you breeding for someone else? If so, try searching the International PID with your ID/SID instead of theirs. If you aren't, or you aren't using International parents, then I have no other ideas :(.

Which method do you use to get the shiny egg? The original or for54years' guide? Do you check what the non shiny egg is? Are you out by a consistant amount? It won't hurt to flip to the coin flip app.

I use the original and... "out by a constant amount?" I dont get what you mean

He was asking if you were consistently hitting the wrong spread, and if so what is the spread that you are hitting. I take it you've ruled out International parents then.

EDIT: I can probably help more if you tell me what spread you're aiming for and what spread you're hitting.

I've determined that I'm saved on a frame of six, and i'm trying to get this frame

Time- 17:01:14
Delay: 645
Frame: 12

So I set my DS clock to 17:00 loaded up my game, reset at 17:01, and then hit my continue screen in about 14 seconds. My journal popped up with a "caught ____" page, so I flipped two more times to get to the frame of twelve. I closed the journal and collected the egg as quickly as possible, but after I hatched it and leveled it up to check the IV's, none of the adjacent spreads matched what the IV calculator came up with. Did I do a step of this process wrong?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)