Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, Jubiliee. You happen to know the answer to my first question as well? Repeated below.

For flipping pages, Smogon says "Do not count the journal's initial appearance as a page flip."

I have a captured Bibarel on the first page of the journal when the journal appears. So does this mean the Bibarel absolutely does not count as an advance?
"Opening the Journal, or having it automatically open, when there is a caught or defeated Pokémon on the first page advances the RNG by 2 seeds."

it was right on the front page, I don't know where you found that other info. and by seeds it means advances the frames by 2

Thanks, Jubiliee. You happen to know the answer to my first question as well? Repeated below.

For flipping pages, Smogon says "Do not count the journal's initial appearance as a page flip."

I have a captured Bibarel on the first page of the journal when the journal appears. So does this mean the Bibarel absolutely does not count as an advance?
Any page with the text "Caught ___" or "Defeated ____" will advance the frame, so yes it will.

Flip to a page where it says captured / defeated [Pokémon]. Do this three times to advance the frame from 6 to 12. No more, no less. Do not count the journal's initial appearance as a page flip. Each flip to a page with captured / defeated advances the frame by 2, so adjust accordingly based on your calibration frame and your target frame.
I think I can see why you might got confused.
This means that if its dont say capture or defeated, then dont count it.
If it says capture or defeated then it will count

When RNGing Lati, is it possible to use the roamer method to locate Lati w/o any other roamer? Like, when you set Lati loose, it will be on the route the generator says? Or it doesn't work like that?

You'd want to do the seed verification before doing the frame advances and setting Latias loose, so it wouldn't really help even if it worked. Once Latias is roaming, you may as well just catch it to see if you hit your seed or not.

You'd want to do the seed verification before doing the frame advances and setting Latias loose, so it wouldn't really help even if it worked. Once Latias is roaming, you may as well just catch it to see if you hit your seed or not.
I was afraid of that. More trial and error stuff for me. I'm going for a shiny one, so as soon as it shines, I'll save and catch later (and ride the Magnet Train :D).

It's Latios BTW. :P

What are the most common seconds and delay you get during the calibration phase in HG/SS?
I did it about 8 times and I got 484-498 as min-max delay, is it normal this big difference between min and max?

I'm having a problem with the RNG reporter, I do not think it is giving me the correct seeds.
After I complete all the steps and chose the nature I wanted, did all the taps and such, I hatched the magnemite egg and it is not shiny, not the correct nature, and does not have the correct ability.

Now I am using the international setting. (they are international read below)
I Have the correct SID number. (it worked before read below)
The time i input is on the mark. (it is correctly synced)
The amount of taps is correct. (i made sure by redoing it multiple times)

Now I know it should work because I tested it out earlier (you know just taking the one with the least taps at the top of the generated list and tapping it out no matter what nature it is) and it gave me a shiny magnemite of that nature. The parents are a US ditto and a JAP magnemite.

What am I doing wrong?

Now I will also mention that when I initially figured out my SID number there were two different ones, does that change anything? Can I only use a pokemon once to abuse it?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This means exactly what it says (and the previous advice you got was absolutely wrong) --

BUT THESE DIRECTIONS ARE ONLY FOR HATCHING EGGS WITH IVS.

If you follow those directions exactly, you should not, as it says, count the initial page as a flip regardless of whether it has a captured/defeated pokemon or it doesnt.

In short, just follow the directions --

This means exactly what it says (and the previous advice you got was absolutely wrong) --

BUT THESE DIRECTIONS ARE ONLY FOR HATCHING EGGS WITH IVS.

If you follow those directions exactly, you should not, as it says, count the initial page as a flip regardless of whether it has a captured/defeated pokemon or it doesnt.

In short, just follow the directions --
Well...If I did mess inform Chamommy, I am sorry but all my rng works when I count the first page.

Okay, I'm trying to RNG a WonderCard Poke on my Platinum. However, I hit my seed and do the correct number of advances, but the frame advances randomly by 7 when I get the Heatran. I'm doing this in the SunyShore Mart, where there's only one moving NPC and all he does is turn. I'm trying to reach frame 64, so I advance to 63 and wait till the NPC turns and then pick up the poke. However, I keep ending up at frame 71. Anyone know why? I tried just going for frame 57, hoping that it was always advancing by 7, but that didn't work.

forgot where i read this, but when a new day starts (ex. 23:59 to 00:00) the frame is advanced by 6 or 7. again, don't quote me on this but either you miscounted the page flips or the date rolled over.

What exactly does RNG Reporter mean when it says, for example, (K, P, P, E) skipped under the elm responses? What does it mean by skipped?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What exactly does RNG Reporter mean when it says, for example, (K, P, P, E) skipped under the elm responses? What does it mean by skipped?
You'll notice that only shows up if you have one or more of the roamers checked. Meaning one of the responses was skipped because the roamer advanced the RNG.

Okay. I need to know what's going on with my Lati.

My target frame is 9, and the frame range is 8-10. Delay is 489. Every time before I called Elm, my delay/frame gave me 8. When I call Elm to advance it by 1, I end up at frame 11. I don't know how I got the extra 2 advancement, but my Poke'Gear was on the map so I had to turn it to the phone.

Can anyone please help me?! This is driving me completely insane.

Sometimes the game will reject that spread to be shiny at Vermillion city so you have to ko the lati and rng it at the E4. I had to do it that way yesterday

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sometimes the game will reject that spread to be shiny at Vermillion city so you have to ko the lati and rng it at the E4. I had to do it that way yesterday
I agree after wasting 2 weeks on latias it just happens due to the NPCs moving when you leave the fanclub and those movements differ based on the seed and on what frame you advanced to before leaving the fan club >_<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)