Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, putting that seed into RNGReporter I can't find any eggs that are shiny with that nature and so on, unless you used International parents, which gives one on frame 44,734, which I'm guessing isn't the one you went for. How many taps and flips did you have to do?

In HG/SS, can the IRNG frame be "calibrated" similar to what is done in the IV step? I'm just wondering if there's any way to accurately RNG for a shiny Adamant (ability and gender don't matter) egg in those games.
You can set the time/date and then try to hit the delay to get the ideal initial seed for the IRNG, so yes, you can easily RNG to get a shiny Adamant egg.

Yeah, I just went back into the Shiny Egg finder, and the seed didn't come up for the date aka yesterday... I know it was their yesterday though... huh...

I had to do 36 taps and 3 flips

Okay, that gives a frame which is indeed Adamant, Male, Ability One, but isn't shiny with that ID/SID. I can only assume you had the wrong ID/SID entered when you did the Shiny Egg search...

Hmm, I did look at it and in the box, the SID said 1500 without the last 0, would that have affected it? If so, that really sucks...

Could you check this one for me as well?

Right now it looks right, I will be trying to hit it tomorrow. should be male, adamant, and shiny.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I did look at it and in the box, the SID said 1500 without the last 0, would that have affected it? If so, that really sucks...
yes it does, your SID is 01500, if only four digits are displayed when you find your SID it means that there is a zero at thebeginning which RNG reporter ignores.

Could you check this one for me as well?

Right now it looks right, I will be trying to hit it tomorrow. should be male, adamant, and shiny.
Yep, that was definitely the problem. Bad luck!

That new seed (with your ID/SID) gives a shiny male adamant ability one on frame 314, so it looks good.

You can set the time/date and then try to hit the delay to get the ideal initial seed for the IRNG, so yes, you can easily RNG to get a shiny Adamant egg.
I was told that even if I SR in front of the Daycare lady for a PID spread that appears on frame 1 (and immediately deposit my Pokémon), the spread I get might not be on frame 1 due to the "jumping around" of the egg frames in HG/SS.

Well, I hear it's possible, though it's never happened to me on HG; so long as you don't get anyone 'phoning you for a rematch whilst you're doing it, I think you should be okay.

I have a question about getting shiny bred pokes in HG/SS.... when trying to do all the necessary thing to make the egg shiny... and trying to hit a seed... does calling Elm to verify my seed advance the IRNG? if so should I just put them in and pray I did it? (from what I undertsand the goal is to hit a seed and deposit a poke that will have a shiny egg on frame 1....)

I dont think it's THAT bad. And since you only hit certain delays (even or odd) you wont need to worry about 1 of them. And it's certainly much better then SRing in hopes of good stats. :P
True that. I'm a decent masher so it shouldn't be that bad. No point me doing it though as I've got no way of checking IVs. Is there anyone here who RNGs without an AR? How do you check your IVs?

(Talking eggs here)

I also need help with Emerald RNG. SO when I go foward to Groudon at the time I don't get the right Ivs. I cant even find my Frame as well. Help please.

True that. I'm a decent masher so it shouldn't be that bad. No point me doing it though as I've got no way of checking IVs. Is there anyone here who RNGs without an AR? How do you check your IVs?

(Talking eggs here)
You don't necessarily need to check your IV's

I just fly somewhere I can catch a 50+ lvl pokemon and find my initial seed using that.

For finding your egg iv's. Use rare candies. I just clone them in emerald and transfer them over. You only need like 10 for accurate enough IV's to know what frame your on. Since you reset you won't need to worry about replenishing you rare candies.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has done so much research into RNG and has made it relatively simple for all of us idiots!

I just hatched an Adamant Shiny Beldum and after hours upon hours of calibrating and research got the IV spread as follows:

31/31/31/20/31/31

A quick question, can I no longer use this specific day since my journal entry will have it shown as I caught and hatched something, which from what I read would increase my frames? I was quite consistently hitting 9, so I'm guessing my frames will go up as that page has that info? Any help would be appreciated, but again thanks so much!
New page for a decent question!

What's the best time to RNG for Latios in SoulSilver - when you first meet Steven or when you beat Lance to respawn all roamers? I'm guessing the first one but I'd rather ask here first.
As long as you haven't caught both of the other roamers yet (Raikou, Entei), then I would use the guide in the 2nd post to do it after Lance. As long as you still have at least 2 roamers left to catch, it should work fine.

Again, I ask this for a 5th time! :S

Rahxen said:
I want to abuse my ID on an original Diamond game, what's its regular delay to be able to calibrate well with pikatimer, and, had someone already abused its ID on DPPt?? I only see stuff about HG/SS -.-
I don't have platinum, and I dont want to use roms (that's why I bought the Diamond game, I couldn't find a mint Platinum) :( Thanks in advice.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Again, I ask this for a 5th time! :S

I don't have platinum, and I dont want to use roms (that's why I bought the Diamond game, I couldn't find a mint Platinum) :( Thanks in advice.
look at this, on the first paragraph you would have found your answer
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1822052&postcount=10

so just pick an ID/SID with a delay over 5000 try and hit it, if you miss check by how much you missed, the article tells you how you can check.

I believe that what he wants to know is the regular calibrated delay for Pokemon Diamond. I can't help, since I've never abused anything in Diamond.

Hello me again Im back to rng now
Thanks to all for RNG reporter 8.10

I have a few questions.
I am attempting to RNG snorlax. ef130389 (im using pikatimer)
Does the pokeflute add to the delay?
I hit it my delay once yesterday. I called elm 17 times. I accidently talk to snorlax, then I open my radio which I sat it to open on pokeflute, and then I talk to snorlax

2. About shiny egg finder, I hit my delays several times and I could not get an egg (I was using RNGreport 7.50 but I also used previous versions to see if something was wrong but I didnt see anything. I had 6 pokemon in my party, and I in the daycare center. I verify my flips several times, did the correct taps and journal flips but I got the wrong pokemon.

3. When trying to do a egg RNG to hatch on someone game, will the pokemon have the correct data such as nature, ability, but just not shiny?

Hello me again Im back to rng now
Thanks to all for RNG reporter 8.10

I have a few questions.
I am attempting to RNG snorlax. ef130389 (im using pikatimer)
Does the pokeflute add to the delay?
I hit it my delay once yesterday. I called elm 17 times. I accidently talk to snorlax, then I open my radio which I sat it to open on pokeflute, and then I talk to snorlax

2. About shiny egg finder, I hit my delays several times and I could not get an egg (I was using RNGreport 7.50 but I also used previous versions to see if something was wrong but I didnt see anything. I had 6 pokemon in my party, and I in the daycare center. I verify my flips several times, did the correct taps and journal flips but I got the wrong pokemon.

3. When trying to do a egg RNG to hatch on someone game, will the pokemon have the correct data such as nature, ability, but just not shiny?
1.I cant answer that

2.Maybe you leave the happiness app open, this advances the IRNG

3.Yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)