Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Make both the OT and SID boxes in RNG Reporter blank. Make sure you have the right setting (international or same language parents).

Edit: and if you are on HGSS, make sure you click the HGSS box.

Hey everyone....was going for a flawless Calm Ralts on Route 209 cause I felt like it, and I think I messed up with the roaming NPC's. Can someone give me a list of NPC's that affect that route, please?

I just got the hang of RNG'ing on Platinum, then I took a break from Pokemon :p. Well now I am back, and I have been reading over the HG/SS stuff, and to be honest it sounds confusing. I will probably have many questions so I might as well throw on out there now. Can I still find my Seeds and my target delay and all of that good stuff on HG/SS the same way as on Platinum. Shanks guys <3333

I have been using RNG Reporter for the past 4 months abusing for IVs in Platinum. I am now attempting it in Soul Silver and I am having trouble bridging the gap between the 4'th generation seed finder and generating spreads with method k that match what I searched for. I have been following the instructions layed out in this video by Bearsfan082: http://www.youtube.com/user/bearsfan092drums#p/u/2/nyChWsfHL48

Now, in the video he uses JavaRNG in order to find his seed which happens to be 730004C2 which corresponds to the IV spread of 31/31/31/30/31/31 with a bold nature that has has HP electric base power 70. He then goes and repeats the search in RNG Reporters seed finder though IVs and comes up with the same result (open search with the delay below 10000 box checked). When the seed is then copied into the main RNG Reporter seed box. Using method K and no synchronizer, he generates a list of results that includes the IV spread that he put in the seed finder initially.

I have repeated his steps, but in my case I am looking for a 31/31/31/30/31/31 IV spread with a Timid nature. I start out in the seed finder, enter the desired nature and IVs (open search with delay under 10000) and it gives me a list of results. Of the seeds available I chose F30004C2 because it has the same method 1 frame and delay as Bearsfan092 used in his video. When I get to the RNG Reporter main screen though and I search for the spread after generating results using that seed it is nowhere to be found. I also used JavaRNG and searched for a spread of 31/x/31/30/31/31 with a timid nature and HP electric with a power of 70. It spat out several results but I ended up with the seed b81009f4 which according to JavaRNG would give me 31/23/31/30/31/31. I plugged that seed into RNG Reporter and generated a spread with method k, no synch nature, max results of 100000, and starting frame of 1. Once again when I searched for the spread I was not able to find it in the list of generated results.

Can anyone explain why it is that when I search for the spread that I have found though RNG Reporter and JavaRNG that I cannot find it in the list of generated results?

I'm trying to start my first RNG product, but I need some help in hitting my delay. I'm trying to RNG a Timid Flawless Zapdos. The seed is D2140289 (like the one in post 4)

My delay (639) /information is the same as the model in post 4 (Flawless Timid Nature), but I always am off when hitting the target time. Usually, the delay I hit is either around 637, 641, 643, or around 673 to 683. I hit the high numbers a lot first, then when I put "Update" on the PikaTimer with it, I start getting 637, 641, and another delay that seems to be too low since the Elm Call sets can't find a result. Is there a specific moment when you have to reset/enter the game/continue (such as at the beeps)?

For example, (I use a DSi), when I set the clock do I set it off with the timer at the same time or do I wait for the time to adjust (it does it quickly on the top right of the screen) and as soon as it hits the time I start the timer?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if I'm not clear enough. I've been doing this for six hours straight with no results, I'm frustrated to know what I'm doing wrong.

Hey guys. I'm having some trouble finding what seed I hit in RNGReporter. I'm using HGSS, and I followed all the steps. I found a Shiny Egg seed, went to Seed to Time, check R and E because Raikou and Entei are still out, put in where the Roamers were when I last saved, went down to the date I was going for(today), made the range 99 delays both ways, and 2 seconds both ways, generated, searched Elm, and I got no results. There wasn't a message either, just nothing. After I searched, it just stayed on the first seed. In my game, I'm in the Daycare Center so I don't see what can throw off the delay. Any help or ideas? BTW, I'm on a Mac.

are ivs generated for the pokewalker when you transfer the poke back onto ds?

so...
1 catch monster
2 set time to match seed
3 transfer pokes back to the ds starting with frame 1= first poke...frame 3= second poke...frame 5 is third poke so on and so forth til i get the ivs i want

right??

I'm new to RNG abusing and I've read all of the guides I could find and watched as many YouTube videos as I could handle but this all still doesn't really make sense to me I guess I don't really get it but if some one could pm me or vm me if they could possibly teach me how to really do this it would be greatly appreciated

Then how come when you call on frame 1 you get the call corresponding to the first frame ?

Pretty sure I am correct, seems logical, a call produces one frame advancement, when you call on frame 1 you get the call corresponding to frame 1, yet since you just called you have advanced one frame and are now on frame 2.
Then you call again and see the call corresponding to frame 2, and are now on frame 3, etc.

This and the fact that if you battle suicune without any prior advancement you get it on frame 1 and not 2, so it does not advance frames
Because you're not calling on Frame 1 to get it. Frame 1 is what you get after the minimum one advancement that is necessary to produce any given Pokemon. Where you are before that very first advancement is essentially a "Frame 0" that nobody cares about (well, I hear the Japanese RNGers use it) because it is literally impossible to abuse for, since everything requires at least one advancement to get. If you want to see what this Frame 0 would hold if you somehow hit it, however, you still can, by entering a seed into RNG Reporter and generating with Wondercard method, then looking at Frame 2 there.

Of course the RNG advances when producing a Pokemon's IV spread; the varied starting frames are clear proof of that. You know that starting frame that quite literally every guide around here tells you to subtract from your advancements? That's what it is.

Naturally this doesn't matter in the long run, though, since you still get the same Pokemon either way. Still, if you're RNG abusing one day and find you went one frame over even though you're "sure" you did everything right, now you'll know why.

I have been using RNG Reporter for the past 4 months abusing for IVs in Platinum. I am now attempting it in Soul Silver and I am having trouble bridging the gap between the 4'th generation seed finder and generating spreads with method k that match what I searched for. I have been following the instructions layed out in this video by Bearsfan082: http://www.youtube.com/user/bearsfan092drums#p/u/2/nyChWsfHL48

Now, in the video he uses JavaRNG in order to find his seed which happens to be 730004C2 which corresponds to the IV spread of 31/31/31/30/31/31 with a bold nature that has has HP electric base power 70. He then goes and repeats the search in RNG Reporters seed finder though IVs and comes up with the same result (open search with the delay below 10000 box checked). When the seed is then copied into the main RNG Reporter seed box. Using method K and no synchronizer, he generates a list of results that includes the IV spread that he put in the seed finder initially.

I have repeated his steps, but in my case I am looking for a 31/31/31/30/31/31 IV spread with a Timid nature. I start out in the seed finder, enter the desired nature and IVs (open search with delay under 10000) and it gives me a list of results. Of the seeds available I chose F30004C2 because it has the same method 1 frame and delay as Bearsfan092 used in his video. When I get to the RNG Reporter main screen though and I search for the spread after generating results using that seed it is nowhere to be found. I also used JavaRNG and searched for a spread of 31/x/31/30/31/31 with a timid nature and HP electric with a power of 70. It spat out several results but I ended up with the seed b81009f4 which according to JavaRNG would give me 31/23/31/30/31/31. I plugged that seed into RNG Reporter and generated a spread with method k, no synch nature, max results of 100000, and starting frame of 1. Once again when I searched for the spread I was not able to find it in the list of generated results.

Can anyone explain why it is that when I search for the spread that I have found though RNG Reporter and JavaRNG that I cannot find it in the list of generated results?
That'd be the problem--many spreads in Method J/K require a Synchronizer. Select the appropriate Synch nature in RNG Reporter and try searching again.

im starting the game as fast as possible but sometimes i get random delay values. what could be the problem?
Nothing. Button mashing will give you random delays, some of which will be a lot different than your average. It's luck to a degree.

I rnged a shiny eevee and am doing its ivs now. A couple times I hit the delay and seconds and verified it. The frame is 13 and I call Elm 12 times right? When I did call Elm and collect the egg and hatch it it had the wrong ivs. But every time I hit the seed, call, and hatch the wrong ivs are the same ivs every time. What am I doing wrong?

Im trying to use pika timer but the seconds are off.Ive tried a couple of times but its always off.I dont have any other applications up so is there another way to fix it.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Because you're not calling on Frame 1 to get it. Frame 1 is what you get after the minimum one advancement that is necessary to produce any given Pokemon.
Completely wrong.

Frame 1 is what you get with NO advancements.

Where you are before that very first advancement is essentially a "Frame 0" that nobody cares about (well, I hear the Japanese RNGers use it) because it is literally impossible to abuse for, since everything requires at least one advancement to get.
Wrong. Capturing a legend in a quiet cave does not do any advancement of the RNG, EXCEPT those that are used to generate the monster itself.

ok, i am trying to figure out my frame, and as you may know I have to get the egg before npcs move. No matter how fast I go there is a fucking buneary that seems to be on crack and sprinting back and forth in behind the daycare fence (solaceon town) and no matter how fast i talk to the man to collect my egg once the game loads that thing always gets a chance to move.

is this a problem?

ok, i am trying to figure out my frame, and as you may know I have to get the egg before npcs move. No matter how fast I go there is a fucking buneary that seems to be on crack and sprinting back and forth in behind the daycare fence (solaceon town) and no matter how fast i talk to the man to collect my egg once the game loads that thing always gets a chance to move.

is this a problem?
He isnt a npc as he is constantly moving in a predictable pattern.
EDIT:So he doesnt advance the frame.

is there anyway to search the spreads to find my frame? also is it likely that ill be on frame 9000 or something crazy like that?

Completely wrong.

Frame 1 is what you get with NO advancements.

Wrong. Capturing a legend in a quiet cave does not do any advancement of the RNG, EXCEPT those that are used to generate the monster itself.
That's...what I was talking about. When I say "advancements" I'm including monster generation.

is there anyway to search the spreads to find my frame? also is it likely that ill be on frame 9000 or something crazy like that?
With the eggs? Sure, once you find your hatched Pokemon's exact IVs:

1. Enter your current seed into the main window of RNG Reporter

2. In the Method drop-down list, select Breeding (DPPT) if you're breeding in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, or Breeding (HGSS) if you're breeding in HeartGold or SoulSilver

3. To the right of those, you'll find several empty text boxes. This is where you put your IVs. Each one is marked with the corresponding stat by a bit of text you'll see to the left of those drop-down boxes.

4. Speaking of those drop-down boxes, click on each one and select the two equal signs together (it looks like "==")

5. Enter a starting frame of 1, and Max Results of 30 or so (more if you're frame advancing with the journal, but you're not going to find anything insane like 9000 unless you took an incredibly long time getting the egg)

6. Click Generate.

Feel free to ask for more help, or clarification, if you need it.

I am trying to use RNG abuse to catch a near flawless Azelf on Platinum, but appear to be having problems with my target frame. The target frame for my spread and seed is 237. According to the RNG abuse guide Azelf has a monster frame of 1 and my only wandering poke is Mesprit. This leaves me with 235 required frame advancements, or 115 journal flips and 128 steps with 5 poke's in my party. After hitting my seed I performed these actions and caught Azelf but did not get the nature and IVs that I wanted. I checked which frame I hit using RNG Reporter with Azelf's stats as input and it showed that i was on frame 244 when I encountered Azelf.

So after hitting my seed I instead tried to do 114 journal flips thinking that maybe my starting frame was 7 instead of the usual 1. I still did not get the nature and IVs I wanted. This time around RNG Reporter showed that the frame was 349. After doing a handful of SR's and catching Azelf without advancing the frames I am seeing the frame offset change over a wide margin.

Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong? I have triple checked that I am finding my seed and frames with the proper Method J. At this point it seems to be impossible for me to get my target frame.

Much appreciated!

I am trying to use RNG abuse to catch a near flawless Azelf on Platinum, but appear to be having problems with my target frame. The target frame for my spread and seed is 237. According to the RNG abuse guide Azelf has a monster frame of 1 and my only wandering poke is Mesprit. This leaves me with 235 required frame advancements, or 115 journal flips and 128 steps with 5 poke's in my party. After hitting my seed I performed these actions and caught Azelf but did not get the nature and IVs that I wanted. I checked which frame I hit using RNG Reporter with Azelf's stats as input and it showed that i was on frame 244 when I encountered Azelf.

So after hitting my seed I instead tried to do 114 journal flips thinking that maybe my starting frame was 7 instead of the usual 1. I still did not get the nature and IVs I wanted. This time around RNG Reporter showed that the frame was 349. After doing a handful of SR's and catching Azelf without advancing the frames I am seeing the frame offset change over a wide margin.

Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong? I have triple checked that I am finding my seed and frames with the proper Method J. At this point it seems to be impossible for me to get my target frame.

Much appreciated!
Three possibilities come to mind: either you're looking at the Actual Frame column instead of the Method J Frame column, or you're missing a Synchronizer/not using one with the proper nature, or you're somehow getting a false positive with the coin flips if you were using those to confirm your seed. You could try using an Azelf's stats to verify your frame in Seed Finder if it happens again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)