NBA Season 2009-2010

The paint points show it, the boards show it, the points from their two tallest big men show it.
Small nitpick, here are the total rebounds for each team in the LAL-OKC series (sorry, love looking at stats):
  • Game 1: 41-36 (LAL-OKC)
  • Game 2: 49-37
  • Game 3: 39-53
  • Game 4: 43-50
  • Game 5: 45-42
  • Game 6: 43-42

Total: 260-260 (!)

Too lazy to check other stats right now, but yeah :)

The only problem I have with your argument is that you seem to be saying that you cannot beat the Lakers unless you use size as well. I definitely think this is not true. I can say something similar about the Lakers, in that they have trouble defending the fast-break. The Lakers have to force smaller teams to play half-court (which they can do as long as they keep scoring inside), while smaller teams have to force the Lakers to run (which they can do since all the Lakers are relatively slow). It comes down to who can execute their game plan better, which in this series it was obviously the Lakers (in the wins). And I do think experience matters. Experience does not necessarily means Durant will score 40ppg and Green will average 15rpg, it means they will be more capable to execute their game plan and not make as many mistakes. Inexperience clearly was shown in the way Durant played (not to take any credit away from Artest, but Durant did make some really stupid plays), and the younger guys like Harden (disappearing for long moments in the series).

I mean seriously, Durant/Wesbrook/Green are still in their ROOKIE CONTRACTS. It's kind of scary to think how well these guys can develop since they are so young.

Could they beat the Lakers with more experience? Yes, I think they could, and I think they could have this year (they were pretty damn close). Will they win with that experience? No idea, but I am pretty sure this was not the first time we will see this match up! Can the Suns win? This is a different Suns team than those we have seen before, which actually tries to play defense, so I think they have a chance. It would be nice if Robin Lopez was healthy though, he can play some good D on Bynum/Gasol (better that Frye/Amare anyways)...

So now in this case it's size; a team they've faced for 3 years, with players who have more playoff experience than OKC facing the same exact team..
I stopped reading right here. I say PERHAPS and you cut it out and proceed to try to railroad me for saying there could be something to what you were saying? I never said I agreed, rather that you had made okay points and had an actual basis for where you were coming from. What a fucking farcical response, unless your intent was to be insulting and manipulative.

EDIT: Okay well while scrolling up reading other posts I accidentally saw the "dumbest reading comprehension" comment. I read 4-2 Mavericks and assumed you would be talking about Wade, why the fuck would anyone reference anything else? It is not dumb comprehension, merely lazy (why would I ever read an entire post from anyone who writes poorly). The Warriors beat the Mavericks and then were whopped by the Jazz who were whopped by the Spurs. People argue that the Warriors were seriously the only bad matchup for the Mavericks, and while I do not think I would go that far (Spurs could beat us just like any year), it certainly came pretty true. The lack of experience led to the team having no shot at staying together without Davis, whereas I could see the Thunder a couple years from now surviving as a tough defensive playoff team even without Durant.

It comes down to who can execute their game plan better, which in this series it was obviously the Lakers (in the wins). And I do think experience matters.
I'll trust a gameplan of near the basket shots somebody can get anytime they want over small ball. That's why small ball has never won anybody a championship.

rather that you had made okay points
I don't remember you saying I made okay points. I remember you saying it was inexperience alone. I'm telling you that at the very least, there are other factors. that was the original argument.

why the fuck would anyone reference anything else?
Why would anybody make excuses for not reading? Do I really type that poorly? lol

Anyway, I didn't really get the kind of response I want about it. I'm getting the feeling that you're just telling me it happened; but a team that never went to the playoffs beat a team that just got back from the finals with probably their best franchise year in the last decade, and all you can say is that it just happened? clearly, it shows that match-ups are a lot more important than how many years played in the playoffs.

Too lazy to check other stats right now, but yeah :)
Game 5 was the most shocking considering that was a blowout; but fair enough. Rebounding was essentially even or in favor in wins.

Called it, though honestly I was thinking of a deficit closer to ~12 points than 21. I expected Kobe to be hot this game, maybe along 30 points like he averaged during the Jazz series, but damn.

I feel really sorry for Nash, though. Real class act and he's a warrior. Hopefully he wins a ring before he retires, maybe after the Lakers threepeat?

EDIT: For you Lakers fans here, who do you want in the Finals? I hope for Celtics, since against them we have homecourt, better match ups aside from Rondo, and a possibility for redemption.

Well he can Gary Payton his way to a ring. I'd like to say he's too loyal to do that, but he did ditch the Mavs back in 04 cuz the Suns had more money (iirc?) so I dunno.

btw, has anyone else been hearing bosh for bynum rumors? man, lakers could 4peat if that happened @_@ For anyone wondering why I'm this cocky it's cuz I'm a firm believer in PJ's trends/records: undefeated after winning Game 1, and winning championships only in 3s.

Well he can Gary Payton his way to a ring. I'd like to say he's too loyal to do that, but he did ditch the Mavs back in 04 cuz the Suns had more money (iirc?) so I dunno.

btw, has anyone else been hearing bosh for bynum rumors? man, lakers could 4peat if that happened @_@ For anyone wondering why I'm this cocky it's cuz I'm a firm believer in PJ's trends/records: undefeated after winning Game 1, and winning championships only in 3s.
You know that Championship in 3s thing went through the window the moment a certain 2 guard left the Bulls right?

no, i didn't know that PJ's streak of always winning 2 more consecutive championships after winning one has been broken

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think I posted it on another board, but I said "Lakers in five, Celtics in six". Just so that everybody realises that I am once again correct :).

instead of acting like a butthurt (lol get it?) moron why don't you elaborate on what you meant by this quote?

You know that Championship in 3s thing went through the window the moment a certain 2 guard left the Bulls right?
did you seriously just not know about PJ's streak? cuz i can understand that. i mean haters will always ignore the success of what they hate so i can't fault you for being ignorant.

EDIT: go ahead and tell me which nba team you're a fan of btw

Do people literally ignore the sport they profess to be wildly in love with? If you are making wild and baseless assumptions, then it might be a better idea to just not slander the guy. What the Mavericks did to Nash was classless bullshit, and it was absolutely right of him to leave (a simple google search should affirm that for you).

on a 14 June 2006 appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman, Cuban wondered out loud, "... you know Steve's a great guy and I love him to death, but why couldn't he play like an MVP for us?" hahahahahaha

if the suns want any chance in this series they have to try and use bynum's injury and even then, they have odom to deal with.

this is over really. just too much size.

yeahp well my memory of that time was pretty hazy at best and i really wasn't aware of the events that led up to nash's departure (i was like 11/12?)

tbh though i really like nash and i wasn't trying to discredit him, despite how i may have come off in that post.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I'm reading the front page of ESPN and something caught my eye

Hmm.. this seems awfully familiar...

Hmm...

... Oh oh.

Jesus Christ people need to cut the whole "Rapist" act out. Grow up. If your best come back to an amazing performance is "HE"S A RAPIST QQQQQQQQ," then just don't talk. It's been what, 4 years and people still talk about that shit? Sigh.

I still think the Suns will put up a fight in the next game. Same with the Magic. Although I still call Lakers in 6. Celtics and Magics are iffy. I really can't predict.

Ah, PJ was 9/9 until the Pistons showed up, wasn't he? Well it does highlight Jordan's 6/6 in the finals record, so it's prolly for the best.

i just thought of something btw, triangle offense = triple post offense = triple post-season championships offense?? holy shit

You guys know I was kidding right...?

Kobe Bryant is totally not a rapist!

did you seriously just not know about PJ's streak? cuz i can understand that. i mean haters will always ignore the success of what they hate so i can't fault you for being ignorant.

EDIT: go ahead and tell me which nba team you're a fan of btw
Dude trust me, I know a lot about Mr. Jackson including his three-peats with Chicago and LA.

But don't forget, Jackson's history of never losing in the Finals sure didn't help in 04 and 08

As for my teams, my favs are Miami and Houston. Honestly I don't care much about the success of the Lakers, I'd just like to see Dwight or Nash get a ring.

But I would definitely root for the Celtic in a BOS-LA Finals :)

at this point i'd just like to point out that kobe never raped katelyn faber (aka that white girl). in fact katelyn was bragging about the experience to her friends, and even mentioned about how big kobe's package was. hell, doctors even found "dna samples" of other men in her panties during the investigation.

that being said no one can deny kobe committed adultery but then again which sports superstar doesn't amirite. although i don't get why kobe did it in the first place i mean vanessa is freakin hot.

Jesus Christ people need to cut the whole "Rapist" act out. Grow up. If your best come back to an amazing performance is "HE"S A RAPIST QQQQQQQQ," then just don't talk. It's been what, 4 years and people still talk about that shit? Sigh.

I still think the Suns will put up a fight in the next game. Same with the Magic. Although I still call Lakers in 6. Celtics and Magics are iffy. I really can't predict.
The best response to anything involving Kobe is

enjoy your championships and fanboyism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)