NFL WPC 2012 Winner: [REDACTED]

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's still 7 more weeks left worth of picks, a 5 game lead is nothing in a span like that. Have a little more faith y'all!

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
For some reason this week I cannot find a good reason to go against any of the current favorites... could anybody give me one or is that about right for this week? Most matchups seem pretty clear cut to me

I'm on the same boat... I think Philly/Skins could go either way. Sticking with the Skins though. I chose these upsets:

Browns over Boys: Have been picking the Browns most the year.. Hasn't worked out. But i'm sure it will this time. The Browns are coming off of a bye and the Boys are still poorly coached. I don't trust the Browns offense doing much against the Boys defense but i'm going to guess there are several turnovers in this game.

Panthers over Tampa: The Panthers defense has been playing pretty well and their offense is different than from week 1. It's at Panthers home also... And uh yeah..

Dolphins over Bills: Just because of the Bills bad run defense. I think everyone is forgetting the Dolphins have a great run defense, Wake is playing out of his mind and they got mauled by the Titans because of a bunch of TOs. Which are not guranteed to happen this game.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only upset I picked was Chefs over Bengals, actually. Although I might make some last minute adjustments if the mood strikes me.

I picked the Steelers over the Ravens, because the Ravens got destroyed last time they played a good team on the road. Flacco also has worse games on the road. If Ben was playing everyone else would be picking the Steelers.

KC over the Bungles is my stone cold lock of the century of the week.

I also have Detroit over Green Bay on a hunch and not much more, though GB hasn't exactly been very convincing the past three weeks.

You do realize that the Chiefs only stayed in the game against Pitt because BB went down and they didn't have any turnovers? It was a fluke and that Bengals DL should crush whoever starts at QB for the Chiefs.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
That game was also in Pittsburgh, in the rain. Arrowhead stadium isn't the easiest place for away teams to play, and the Chiefs seem to have found a pass rush. The Bengals have been super flaky this year, so that's why I picked the Chefs. I'm still wavering on the Pittsburgh pick, but sticking with the Ravens only because Leftwich is a detriment rather than just neutral. If it were another "game manager" QB like Batch starting I would pick the Steelers, probably.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
the only upset I picked this week is Oakland over New Orleans, and even that is a huge stretch

man that detroit pick was looking good till they got aaron rodgers'd.

I also picked Indy over the Pats just for the lolz. i'm 9 points out of first, might as well have some fun.

11 points.. would usually be superb but it was average this week. I'm ranked number 9 though, so that's good. Aiming for at least 7 now.

Two things, why are the Giants and Eagles favorites? McCoy(their best player) might not play, the defense can't tackle or cover, they have no OL and Vick might not even play... WTF??? Is the Eagle hype still that strong? I think they might be the second worst team in the NFL at this point.

The Giants will probably win Sunday, but they should be underdogs. They have played like total crap the past 5 weeks and it's dumb to think they will stop that trend. Picking them of course, but that's because they will be looked as underdogs by the media.

I don't think the lines for next week are really standardized until like wednesday or something, I doubt the favorites tonight will be the same come sunday morning.

all the favorites last week except st. louis won... fuck

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
For some reason this week I cannot find a good reason to go against any of the current favorites... could anybody give me one or is that about right for this week? Most matchups seem pretty clear cut to me
I had a pretty good week in picks. Went with all the favorites

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
goddamn there are a lot of tough games this week

Thursday was easy, but tomorrow we separate the men from the boys

(perfect time to gain some ground on the leaders)

Damn I wish I knew Cutler was playing while I still had time. Now I look completely stupid for picking the Vikings. I'm hoping the Jags can hang on and Miami can catch up.

I got every game involving a Florida team wrong.
Fuck you Bucs for losing.
Fuck you Jags for winning.

I'm okay with the Dolphins winning, since they beat Seattle.

Seattle is awful on the road, I can't remember why I picked them at all. At least a ton of other people made the same choice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)