Final results:

1st ERROR: USERNAME NOT FOUND 174 82
2nd Nozizaki 172 84
3rd Stallion 170 86
4th yondie 167 89
5th TuckAndRolle 166 90
5th Waterbomb 166 90

7th-27th else can be found here.

Congratulations all! Make sure to compliment [REDACTED] next time you see him.

In the interest of preserving OP's sanity for the upcoming season, we have decided on a radical new approach to this game - use the internet to score everyone's picks for us!

As the title of the thread suggests, every week during the NFL season you will choose the outcome of every game, and by the end of the season we'll have one person to crown luckiest smartest most handsome as the top predictor for the season. if you're a beautiful man who don't need no rules, signup instructions are listed towards the end of this post. However, for the rest of us, there are going to be quite a few changes with the rules this season that go along with the move to an external website.

First and foremost, yahoo sports has a strict cutoff of 5 minutes before each game starts. Do not wait until last minute to make your picks, because they will be locked! However, like last season, in the case of extenuating circumstances, the commissioner (me) is allowed to edit your picks, if you choose to enable the option. This will be on a case by case basis. If you were busy Sunday morning and didn't get back until 12:58, post your picks in this thread and I'll edit your bracket. If you slept until 2:15 after a night of partying, don't expect me to give you the same privilege.

Second, in order to prevent this thread from becoming obsolete and preserving the discussions in the NFL thread, I propose we split up the discussion between the two threads. This thread will be to discuss personal picks and why you picked them. The NFL thread is still to discuss general news, stats, trends, why Tim Tebow sucks, etc. Examples as follows:

Things to be posted in this thread:
Upset Alert week 1: Philadelphia @ Cleveland

Cleveland starting the season with a win against many people's top NFC pick? Impossible, right? A combination of a brand new QB and RB may seem like a risky gamble, but Weeden and Richardson are the real deal. For a team that consistently played with the lead last season, the Eagles allowed a lot of rushing yards and did nothing to shore up their linebacking core. The Browns, on the other hand, return with one of the top passing defenses in the league. Look for a repeat of last season, where the Eagles hand the game away with turnovers and the inability to fight back.
The Broncos don't stand a chance against the Steelers week 1, Manning is terrible against the 3-4
13-2 this week so far! Hoping the Saints can get me that #14!
On the last note, don't just make this just a pc++ thread.

Things to be posted in the Everything NFL thread

Seahawks just signed TO to a one year deal... anyone else think he'll have a more productive season than Randy Moss?
Fact: 2010 Lions ended their season with a four game win streak. 2011 Lions improved from 6-10 to 10-6.
Fact: 2011 Eagles ended their season with a four game win streak.
plus any of the other dreck that's been posted there the past several years w/e

Things that probably shouldn't be posted in either

Your picks are bad and you should feel bad.
I told you you were terrible at this, you only went 6-10 last week! 13-3 suck it dipshit
other trolling/flaming/etc, you know who you are

This is rather experimental, and if in the event "discussion" takes a downhill turn this thread will probably be closed.

I've opened this thread this early to give plenty of time for people to sign up, and get as many people on board as possible. While signing up, you are given the option to let the commissioner edit your picks or to get email alerts before the first game. These are optional, but I'd recommend both for the reasons in the 3rd paragraph.

Idiot-proof signup instructions are as follows:

1. You need either a yahoo/att email address or a gmail account to sign in. Alternatively, you can use facebook.
  2. Go either to http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy and click the Pro Football pick'em, or alternatively just click here
  3. Enter the group information on the right, which is as follows:

Group ID#: 13340
    Password: smogay

4. Create a bracket name and choose your personal settings, but post your bracket name in this thread. Alternatively you could name the bracket after your username, but that's kind of silly.
  5. Once in the group, click your name in order to make your picks for the week. Alternatively, you could make your picks for several weeks in advance, but I'd recommend against doing that unless you're going out of town or something. I'm assuming that this is mobile browser friendly, but haven't personally tested it yet.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I already threw down mah picks. I couldn't stop myself from picking San Fran and Cincinnati to upset the home team Green Bay and Baltimore respectively. I'll probably waffle on a few picks as time goes on.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RoA Leader
I signed up as well. And I'll guarantee that the Eagles won't lose to the Browns, haha.

Joined, my bracket is called Eli the God of Luck.

My predictions(winning team):

Giants 46-0
Bears
Browns
Lions
Patriots
Chiefs
Jaguars
Saints
Bills
Texans
Packers
Seahawks
Panthers
Broncos
Ravens
Chargers

Some of my picks explained:

Giants- Easy. Simple. Giants dominate another flawed Cowboys team. Week 17 game from last year except Romo doesn't have time to get off his butt score points. 6 Cowboy turnovers.

Browns: As explained above. Plus i think Weeden will be a very good QB and manage to get passed Phillys rush by giving the ball to Trent and laugh as Babin can't do anything about it. If Michael Vick is healthy enough to play, i'll expect a couple of turnovers to allow the game winning field goal. More of homer pick since i love the Browns.

Seahawks: Even though i love the Cardinals, i am not confident in either QB and can't pick them. I hope i'm wrong on this one though.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I remember winning this the first time around, and then taking a year off to give other people a chance to match my strongth. Sitting on the fence as to whether to crush everyone again ^_^

Just a reminder: The regular season is only 2 weeks away, and we only have 20 people signed up. That's less than half the people that played last season.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I remember winning this the first time around, and then taking a year off to give other people a chance to match my strongth. Sitting on the fence as to whether to crush everyone again ^_^
you can't defend the crown if you don't participate, so as far as I'm concerned you're NOBODY

I'm in as Mullets Picks of DOOM, and I just realized I forgot the goddamn apostrophe FUCK

also I promise this year I won't pick all home teams one week and get half wrong and then throw the whole thing

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I came up like two predictions short of winning it last year.... no more.

catalina wine mixers and im in it to win it

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
you can't defend the crown if you don't participate, so as far as I'm concerned you're NOBODY

I'm in as Mullets Picks of DOOM, and I just realized I forgot the goddamn apostrophe FUCK

also I promise this year I won't pick all home teams one week and get half wrong and then throw the whole thing
Challenge accepted!

In as Stallion's Strongth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)