1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

NFL WPC 2012 Winner: [REDACTED]

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Killah, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Killah

Killah

Final results:

1st ERROR: USERNAME NOT FOUND 174 82
    2nd Nozizaki 172 84
    3rd Stallion 170 86
    4th yondie 167 89
    5th TuckAndRolle 166 90
    5th Waterbomb 166 90

7th-27th else can be found here.

Congratulations all! Make sure to compliment [REDACTED] next time you see him.

OP (open)
    In the interest of preserving OP's sanity for the upcoming season, we have decided on a radical new approach to this game - use the internet to score everyone's picks for us!

As the title of the thread suggests, every week during the NFL season you will choose the outcome of every game, and by the end of the season we'll have one person to crown luckiest smartest most handsome as the top predictor for the season. if you're a beautiful man who don't need no rules, signup instructions are listed towards the end of this post. However, for the rest of us, there are going to be quite a few changes with the rules this season that go along with the move to an external website.

Rules (open)

First and foremost, yahoo sports has a strict cutoff of 5 minutes before each game starts. Do not wait until last minute to make your picks, because they will be locked! However, like last season, in the case of extenuating circumstances, the commissioner (me) is allowed to edit your picks, if you choose to enable the option. This will be on a case by case basis. If you were busy Sunday morning and didn't get back until 12:58, post your picks in this thread and I'll edit your bracket. If you slept until 2:15 after a night of partying, don't expect me to give you the same privilege.

Second, in order to prevent this thread from becoming obsolete and preserving the discussions in the NFL thread, I propose we split up the discussion between the two threads. This thread will be to discuss personal picks and why you picked them. The NFL thread is still to discuss general news, stats, trends, why Tim Tebow sucks, etc. Examples as follows:

Things to be posted in this thread:
    On the last note, don't just make this just a pc++ thread.

Things to be posted in the Everything NFL thread

plus any of the other dreck that's been posted there the past several years w/e

Things that probably shouldn't be posted in either

other trolling/flaming/etc, you know who you are

This is rather experimental, and if in the event "discussion" takes a downhill turn this thread will probably be closed.

I've opened this thread this early to give plenty of time for people to sign up, and get as many people on board as possible. While signing up, you are given the option to let the commissioner edit your picks or to get email alerts before the first game. These are optional, but I'd recommend both for the reasons in the 3rd paragraph.

Idiot-proof signup instructions are as follows:

1. You need either a yahoo/att email address or a gmail account to sign in. Alternatively, you can use facebook.
    2. Go either to http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy and click the Pro Football pick'em, or alternatively just click here
    3. Enter the group information on the right, which is as follows:

Group ID#: 13340
      Password: smogay

4. Create a bracket name and choose your personal settings, but post your bracket name in this thread. Alternatively you could name the bracket after your username, but that's kind of silly.
    5. Once in the group, click your name in order to make your picks for the week. Alternatively, you could make your picks for several weeks in advance, but I'd recommend against doing that unless you're going out of town or something. I'm assuming that this is mobile browser friendly, but haven't personally tested it yet.
  2. BiGGiE

BiGGiE I can be your hero, baby
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Finally going to do this. I always miss the beginning and can't sign up :(
  3. TheValkyries

TheValkyries proudly reppin' 0 superbowl wins since SPYGATE

I already threw down mah picks. I couldn't stop myself from picking San Fran and Cincinnati to upset the home team Green Bay and Baltimore respectively. I'll probably waffle on a few picks as time goes on.
  4. WaterBomb

WaterBomb because exploding camels wasn't enough
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderator

5. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

I signed up as well. And I'll guarantee that the Eagles won't lose to the Browns, haha.
  6. QuestionMark

QuestionMark

In.

Name = 50 Shades of Ray (Rice)
  7. -Tsunami-

-Tsunami- ¬°YA HA!
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner
    Mentor

in.
    Bracket name = Ravenn
  8. ButteredToast

ButteredToast

I have joined this contest. Be warned.
  9. Galladiator

Galladiator

Just joined, bracket name QWERTYUIOP
  10. Wikey

Wikey

Just joined as No Pressure No Diamonds.
  11. The Diverman

The Diverman

Joined.
    Name= Going Over Tanne Hill
  12. Steeler

Steeler

in to get second again
  13. PttP

PttP Shoutout to the sidewalk for keeping me off the streets
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

i have joined in dedication of mcfadden
  14. some hero

some hero

Joined, my bracket is called Eli the God of Luck.

My predictions(winning team):

Giants 46-0
    Bears
    Browns
    Lions
    Patriots
    Chiefs
    Jaguars
    Saints
    Bills
    Texans
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Panthers
    Broncos
    Ravens
    Chargers

Some of my picks explained:

Giants- Easy. Simple. Giants dominate another flawed Cowboys team. Week 17 game from last year except Romo doesn't have time to get off his butt score points. 6 Cowboy turnovers.

Browns: As explained above. Plus i think Weeden will be a very good QB and manage to get passed Phillys rush by giving the ball to Trent and laugh as Babin can't do anything about it. If Michael Vick is healthy enough to play, i'll expect a couple of turnovers to allow the game winning field goal. More of homer pick since i love the Browns.

Seahawks: Even though i love the Cardinals, i am not confident in either QB and can't pick them. I hope i'm wrong on this one though.
  15. CHENN

CHENN

in as crimsonchenn
  16. porygon3

porygon3

signed up as porygon3 because i'm boring :@
  17. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I remember winning this the first time around, and then taking a year off to give other people a chance to match my strongth. Sitting on the fence as to whether to crush everyone again ^_^
  18. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

In as The Darkness

Ravens going 16-0
  19. Killah

Killah

Just a reminder: The regular season is only 2 weeks away, and we only have 20 people signed up. That's less than half the people that played last season.

20. doominic77

doominic77

I'm in as "TheMiamiCannibals"
  21. Nozizaki

Nozizaki

Just joined in. Name is currently "1337 pix dawg".
  22. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

you can't defend the crown if you don't participate, so as far as I'm concerned you're NOBODY

I'm in as Mullets Picks of DOOM, and I just realized I forgot the goddamn apostrophe FUCK

also I promise this year I won't pick all home teams one week and get half wrong and then throw the whole thing
  23. yondie

yondie mitt game strong
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

I came up like two predictions short of winning it last year.... no more.

catalina wine mixers and im in it to win it
  24. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Challenge accepted!

In as Stallion's Strongth
  25. Blindy McBlind

Blindy McBlind

Finally joined. I'm "Gangster of Love".

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)