NFL WPC 2012 Winner: [REDACTED]

Maybe? You might have just forgotten to save your picks.

I've gone 2-7 with the 1 o'clock games, my three upsets (Baltimore, KC, and TB) all losing and the other four losses all being the underdog (Carolina, Miami, Indi, and Arizona).

you don't have to pick them all at once, i picked only the thursday game the morning of the game and the rest of them yesterday and it worked. not sure what your problem might have been

also this was probably an awful week for everyone lol :( i'm not too upset with my normally awful 5-5 so far

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RoA Leader
Only have seven right so far... would've been eight had I remembered to pick the Packers vs. Bears game. Though I'm glad about getting the Eagles game wrong, haha.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I think after next week my record will actually start breaking 10 wins when I have a better feel for how good teams are and what they're good at. As it stands I have no idea if any performances are flukes or legit.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think after next week my record will actually start breaking 10 wins when I have a better feel for how good teams are and what they're good at. As it stands I have no idea if any performances are flukes or legit.
Yeah I'm exactly like this. The one year I've played I won, but I didn't start out too crash hot. I got better and better as the season went on and we knew which teams were actually good!

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunately I missed week one, oh well.

If the Falcons maintain their lead in the 2nd half I will have gotten 12 points this week, tied for 2nd in the week. Very nice.

I'm 8-8 both weeks, at least I'm consistent. :P I've been really conservative with my picks, so I'm going to be a little bit more daring with my picks this week.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
man it's a good thing everybody is sucking as bad as me, I'm actually gaining ground with that 9-7 week

just a warning: I'm probably gonna start kicking teams that have missed multiple weeks in the next week or two

nobody really has to worry about it, but there are a couple people that still haven't guessed any games!

#imfeelingood in second place right now. I'm very confident in my picks this week too.

also lol @ San Diego being favorites over Atlanta. Have these people watched any football this season so far?

Houston being favorites AT Denver is a little iffy too. I mean, don't get me wrong...Houston's my pick for the Super Bowl this year...but in Peyton Manning's house the week after he played terrible overall? I don't know, I think the Broncos should be favorites.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
San Diego are favorites over Atlanta because Atlanta is notorious for not playing well on the road. It's made more difficult by the fact that they're coming from the East coast to the West coast. Houston are only favorites because they are the overall better team, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Denver win. I picked Denver to win AT Atlanta and they very nearly did despite four early turnovers, so we shall see.

I can live with 6th place for now, and my upset picks have been pretty accurate so fart.

San Diego are favorites over Atlanta because Atlanta is notorious for not playing well on the road. It's made more difficult by the fact that they're coming from the East coast to the West coast. Houston are only favorites because they are the overall better team, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Denver win. I picked Denver to win AT Atlanta and they very nearly did despite four early turnovers, so we shall see.

I can live with 6th place for now, and my upset picks have been pretty accurate so fart.
Notorious for playing badly on the road in PREVIOUS seasons. We're talking about this season, and right now Atlanta looks like a top 5 team, maybe top 3. Meanwhile the Chargers have looked mediocre against bad teams. I don't see the logic.

16 points so far just like the league average...great
Yeah, but that's with all the teams that have missed a week (or both). In reality, the average is somewhere between 18-19 points, as everyone below 28th place has missed a week.

also lol @ San Diego being favorites over Atlanta. Have these people watched any football this season so far?
San Diego is getting Mathews back (probably), and Atlanta hasn't done well against the run this season. The team who wins the turnover battle will probably win the game, and whoever does the lines usually takes the home team in events of "ties."

Important to note that the fans have chosen Atlanta over San Diego by a factor of 2:1 so far on yahoo.

Houston being favorites AT Denver is a little iffy too. I mean, don't get me wrong...Houston's my pick for the Super Bowl this year...but in Peyton Manning's house the week after he played terrible overall? I don't know, I think the Broncos should be favorites.
What? The reason Houston is the favorite is because Peyton played terribly; why would it be the other way around? I think he'll bounce back too, but Vegas really likes Houston or something.

Good first week, but terrible second week. Oh well, I guess. Personally, I think Atlanta is going to have a more difficult time in SD than most people think, but that's just me.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RoA Leader
I'm hardly above the league average, but I'll take it for now. Still regret forgetting to pick the Thursday night game between the Bears and Packers, but hopefully that one point won't come down to anything serious. Content with where I'm sitting right now, hoping to get a better feel for teams after this week when picking them. Hardest pick to make was probably Texans vs. Broncos for me. Went Texans but it was a coin flip in my mind.

Yup, brilliant idea selecting the Giants to win and then changing your pick after you hear about the Giants' injuries.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Fun fact #1, for the people who picked tonight's game, we collectively went 13-13.

Fun Fact #2, I'm now 0-3 on the Thursday Night Games. I swear to god Ravens, if you fuck this up next Thursday...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)