NOC Medieval Mafia - Game Over: Majora's Maskians Win

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Seriously, this conversation isn't going to move anywhere unless the four of you (Quagsires, Dummy007, Cereza, Staraptor Call) actually start talking. I'll support lynches for all fucking four of you if you don't start talking in the thread.

To give you inspiration, I'll leave you instructions for what to do when you come online. When you four post, feel free to answer for us these questions:
1.) Who, among the four of you, do you think is the most likely to be mafia?
2.) Who, among everyone else, do you think is the most likely to be mafia?

If possible, point to specific posts and inferences that players have made while accusing them. You have 24 hours before I get really fucking mad.

EDIT: I forgot to mention wickdaggler before. He is counted among the suspicious group who really should answer these questions.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Seriously, this conversation isn't going to move anywhere unless the four of you (Quagsires, Dummy007, Cereza, Staraptor Call) actually start talking. I'll support lynches for all fucking four of you if you don't start talking in the thread.

To give you inspiration, I'll leave you instructions for what to do when you come online. When you four post, feel free to answer for us these questions:
1.) Who, among the four of you, do you think is the most likely to be mafia?
2.) Who, among everyone else, do you think is the most likely to be mafia?

If possible, point to specific posts and inferences that players have made while accusing them. You have 24 hours before I get really fucking mad.
*sigh* I just want this day to be over @.@ I have nothing much to say since I have no idea what US was trying to do, trying to explain his actions will be a little hard.

From what I have read, Quags stand as the most suspicious to me. But this opinion is based mostly on the first pages of the thread so that could change as I keep reading.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I forgot wickdaggler. You do this too, you count as part of the users who need to do this.

Also, keep reading... suspicions from any time are valid suspicions. We want opinions from you, not dissertations, as UncleSam had previously posted. If you have a suspicion, please point to a post that made you feel suspicious of him.

Also, do you have an answer for the second question? Who do you think is the most suspicious user NOT labeled in my previous post?

Having skimmed pages 1-4 and 16-20, I think I have sufficient information to answer, at least in part, aska's questions.

1) Personally, I think Staraptor Call is the most likely to be scum, but I don't have any solid reasoning for this that hasn't already been covered by Yeti or billymills. However, I think, as far as ending the day goes, that Quagsires is the best lynch target; he already has major support going for him, and there are legitimate reasons, many of which probably have to do with inactivity, that we should lynch him. Keeping in mind that I haven't read half the thread, I think that Cereza may very well be village, since a) UncleSam was responsible for keeping much of the discussion going during the time I was reading, and b) I haven't seen much else especially scummy-looking coming from either of them.

2) Brammi has looked moderately suspicious since near the beginning of the game, and Blue_Tornado has looked suspicious recently. I haven't really seen sufficient argument against them to make me vote for them over Quagsires, however.

I would also like to point out that Kaxtar hasn't posted in the thread for a substantial amount of time, and I would like him to voice his opinions on these subjects as well.

tl;dr SCall is probably scum, Quagsires would make the best lynch target, Brammi and B_T are shortly behind SCall, Kax should post more.

(Keep in mind when reading this that it is 11:30 PM my time, I haven't read the whole thread, and I'm a fairly inexperienced mafia player, let alone NOC, of which this is my first game.)

I'm currently not lynching anyone, mostly because I can't find TL's original lynch post. O.o

@@Unvote Cereza@@

Honestly, after reading through(Most of it, at least), I don't see Cereza THAT bad.

However, I seemed to have noticed DetroitLolcat has vanished from the scene, along with MK Ultra(Unless they subbed out and I missed it somewhere, which is likely, or posted and I missed it. I'm tired, a'ight?)... Perhaps one of them should be spoken to?

Also, to those saying to hurry up and end the day, I say just keep talking. It's better, imo, to have a more honest read of people that subbed in, or continually see what those considered 'town' or 'scummy' say over time. Perhaps they appear worse as the day goes on, and dislike the long-ness because they want to kill us. Or perhaps they welcome this discussion just to blend in, who knows. But, more time means more discussion, which is great for town in NOC.

Honestly, after reading through, I made some mental notes in my head to be warned of billymills, Blue_tornado, and Brammi... I don't recall exactly which posts, but for some reason, they registered as scummy. I recall billy just seemed a bit more dark of posting and more rushing to get day done if my memory's right.

I also remember that, beyond a few superbly long and in-depth posts by Brammi, it's mostly been little tidbits that don't seem to make much sense... Confusion is confusing.

Blue_tornado, I can't really recall why. I think it was more like billy on wanting to rush onward, and I think it was also something in my mind about diverting attention towards inactives.

One thing I really noticed during the game was only striking at a select few inactives, and not others. For some reason, when reading through, I personally felt attention was only drawn to a select few people who weren't posting a lot, and not to the others who weren't posting. Maybe this was just what I read, maybe I missed some stuff, I dunno. I'm not perfect, and I'm probably just throwing conclusions you folks have all ready made.

Point is: Sorry for taking so long to read through everything, but that's my thoughts. And, honestly, I have no reason to be hating on these people, especially since I just subbed in and have had not even a finger pointed at me to post since I walked in, which seems a little strange behavior from how often you prodded inactives previously, but I dunno. I ramble...

Also, I do kinda agree that Quags is active-ish and should post more, but I'm not going to lynch him yet. I'd like more input, much like Cereza, before casting Meteor on someone and what-not.

Yeti reacted to my post exactly as I would expect her to if she were scum. She posted an OMGUS reply that focuses on small aspects of my posts without really responding to my main point that she was starting a bandwagon on an unprepared user and giving tacit approval of other users' unexplained bandwagon votes. Yeti also makes a straw man out of the accusations against Leethoof that I've long since dropped.

Now for my reads on the three users askaninjask mentioned:

Quagsires: Currently a good lynch target. In addition to the points I made in the post where I voted for Quagsires, the way he has responded to accusations against him makes it seem like he is particularly afraid of sounding defensive. This, combined with his low posting rate, makes him seem like scum trying to avoid the spotlight.

Cereza: Earlier I said I would be okay with lynching either US or Yeti and said that Yeti seemed cleaner than US, but considering Yeti's behavior toward Cereza I have decided that Yeti is probably scum and Cereza is probably clean. Three people I suspect (Yeti, Brammi, and billymills) all cast bandwagon votes for Cereza. Also, Cereza has not posted enough for us to be able to accurately judge him. We should wait to see if Cereza drops scumtells before lynching him. If Cereza acts as suspiciously as US did (trying to control the discussion, acting defensively, and accusing people of being scum for posting about people other than his intended lynch target), then we should lynch him. Post more, Cereza.

Dummy007: Who did you sub in for? You haven't posted much yourself, but I would be able to get a read on you if I knew who had your role before you.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
wth is an OMGUS, can i get a list of the words you are using to attack me with, i would really like to know what i am being accused of. what are my charges!!!!!!!!!!!

you are noobtier, "unprepared user" more like the guy i have been calling scum all game. in case you haven't noticed this game is a snorefest, d1 has gone on too long and i was quite content to decide on a lynch while not being confident enough on the quag side of things. the lynch wasn't out of nowhere, i have been on your scumbuddy's grill all game.

u n ur claims.

Opinion posts are nice and all but kind of tell us nothing if you don't explain your thought process behind suspecting players x, y, z.

I still can't see Quagsires as probscum at all. His posts, despite seldom and cautious, all seem to come from a town-supportive place. And, again, just look at how many people are fine with "lynching Quagsires because he has ALL THIS SUPPORT" when these people are the ones GIVING the support, which is classic for scum who want to take none of the blame for the wagon on <flipped-town-to-be>. In fact, I do not like this lynch at all.

Yes, we get info from lynching him because he was the center of attention before. However, this info (as in, wagon analysis mostly) will mean nothing if ALL of you lynch him for the same reason and in the exact same way, which is what is happening right now. Why am I the only one seeing this?

Quagsires is a bad lynch. Cereza is a bad lynch. Dummy needs to expand on his reads beyond "this person has been acting suspicious lately, would gladly lynch" if he wants me to read him as anything aside from null, several users should show up and actually I am going to direct all of your attention to these people right now seeing as I don't like where this day is going and these users are currently flying off the radar with no one to stop them.

Actually, I was GOING to post a list here but hosts did not update the player list with recent subs and I am currently unsure of who is actually playing.

So I'll just list the guys I would have EXPECTED to post more but are currently inactive as fuck.

Crux
kingofkongs

Post.

Since this Day has gone far too long, there will be 24 hours left in the day. If majority is not reached by then, the player witht he highest amount of votes on them will be lynched.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
VOTECOUNT
Quagsires (7) - kingofkongs, Cereza, Ditto, askaninjask, billymills, Snike, Paperblade
Cereza (4) - Leethoof, Yeti, Brammi, Rediamond
loudkirbyking (1) - Dummy007
No Lynch (1) - wickdaggler
Blue_Tornado (1) - Crux
Dummy007 (1) - Kaxtar
Leethoof (1) - Jalmont
MK Ultra (1) - Quagsires
Staraptor Call (1) - zorbees
Ditto (1) - Blue_Tornado
Yeti (1) - Staraptor Call

Let me know if you think I got something wrong (and link me to the post if possible).

Ok, sorry for not posting for a while, but I just have to wonder what Blue_Tornado's intentions are after reading his most recent post? He claims that both Cereza and StaraptorCall and Quagsires are bad lynches, but he doesn't give an alternative option. To me it appears that that post was a clever way of disguising a "No Lynch" vote, which I find suspicious. I guess that could just be me, but I would still like BT to tell us who he thinks we should lynch today.

Right now, I think US bandwagon is a good plan because of how much info we will get from it. I think it will determine whether Yeti is scum or not, depending on which way US flips. I was also not too sold on Cereza's defense of "I can't explain his actions." She doesn't really do enough for me in terms of trying to help the village out with solid, intelligent posts. While I would also be ok with Quagsires lynch, I don't think we would gain enough info from his posts in comparison if we lynched Cereza. However, if we were to lynch on who we think is most likely scum, and that fact alone (I do find US suspicious, but not as much as others), I would think Ditto, mainly due to the fact that he seems to have an unwillingness to help the village. His post recent posts seem to just be complaints of "blah blah blah d1 is useless. I also can't get over the fact that he was so suicidal so early. This to me is an unwillingness to help the village.

I know this is kind of "the pot calling the kettle black", but DetroitLolcat still has not posted. Whether this is a scum tell I can't decide, but I do find it odd that he has not posted on this game once.

Again, I want to apologize for being so inactive, I will do my best from now on to try and post one substantial post per day. If anyone has any questions for me let me know.

One final thing to say: WALREIN POSTGAME

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
B_T the reason that I haven't been saying anything lately is that the lynch I've supported from the start (Remember, I was the first to vote for Quagsires, not UncleSam) and I gave reasoning behind my lynch besides that he thinks paper is a badman. In case you forgot, it was because he said something that basically said:"everyone giving their opinions on everyone else will hurt the village" which is dumb, considering that he's actually played a NOC smogon game and actually did well.

The only thing that I can think of posting right now is that we should wait for him to contribute to the discussion (what does he really have to defend) before we lynch him. If anyone suggests a scummier target than Quagsires and explains why, I may be inclined to change my vote though.

Edit: Jalmont I disagree that we can tell Yeti's alignment from a US lynch. If he ends up mafia, then she's more likely to be a villager, but it could be a bus. And if he ends up as a villager, there is no reason that Yeti can't be a villager in that regard. The reason that the US lynch is happening in any sense is for the oodles of info that we would get from it, not because Yeti and UncleSam are on different factions.

GRAAAAAAAAH NOOOOO

I had an entire post I was typing with a read on everyone...and then I closed it on accident while I was typing up Staraptor Call's. :/ What a waste of three hours of my life that I could have spent ASB reffing. (However, this does teach me the importance of Word.)

Anyhow, the users I pegged as scum were Brammi, Ditto, Kaxtar, and Quagsires: Brammi for "overlooking" the fact that Leethoof was persuaded and asking the mayor to claim, Ditto for being so suicidal early on, Kaxtar for bandwagoning on the TalkingLion lynch and being totally inactive afterwards, and Quagsires for a number of already stated, indefinite reasons (could someone please tell me the most crucial reason why he's being lynched?).

There are a few questions I had besides the one above.
1) @askaninjask: Why did you single me out among all the other inactive players?
2) @DetroitLolcat: What do you think of Lady Salamence's playing prior to you being subbed in?
3) @Kaxtar: Is the reason your vote is still cast for me due to inactivity or some other reason?

That's about it for now. If I get the chance, I'll try and retype my original post.

If anyone wants to defend quagsires, (possibly quagsires himself) could you please do so now. If Quagsires wants to claim and tell us if there is any reason we should not lynch him, now would be the time. Otherwise I am sick of this day and I think most others are too.

He is infinitely unwilling to defend himself, and unless someone can tell us why the day needs to be extended, I would like if we could get enough votes to make majority. Especially if you think Quagsires is scum (Dummy007).

Lets get this day over with.

I think we've given Quagsires a sufficient amount of time to post. As much as I like his avatar, someone's gotta go on D1.

@@Unvote loudkirbyking@@
##Lynch Quagsires##

Yo, Jalmont, I've made several cases over the course of the day. Current suspects are still Ditto and Crux. I don't think reading through my posts is so hard.

You people really hate reading fsr so none of you are willing to (or are just too lazy to) change your votes. For this reason, Quagsires needs to claim, right now.

Also, for people who suddenly DO feel like doubting their votes, I've posted reasons for why this lynch is bad only a few posts ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)