NP: UU - Bye Bye Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol so I've been running a 6SD sweeper team starring the infamous Raticate and it has been hilarious but effective. Currently 5-1 with it, and the loss was only by 3%. <_< But yeah SD sweepers, particularly with Lum Berry fuck a ton of shit up. I can't wait to face a stall team with this. xD

I did that a few meta's ago as well. I think I used... Scyther, Sceptile, Venusaur, Leafeon, Drapion, Arcanine (Flash Fire), basically the best SD users in the tier. Unfortunately, the same kind of team cannot be achieved using pure special attackers.

Lol so I've been running a 6SD sweeper team starring the infamous Raticate and it has been hilarious but effective. Currently 5-1 with it, and the loss was only by 3%. <_< But yeah SD sweepers, particularly with Lum Berry fuck a ton of shit up. I can't wait to face a stall team with this. xD
Thund when will you stop with your gimmicks. Also, why don't you use your glitched sleep move that hits every time and lasts for 4 turns.

In all seriousness that's just an average heavily offensive team. I ran something sort of similar a couple metagames ago.

I did that a few meta's ago as well. I think I used... Scyther, Sceptile, Venusaur, Leafeon, Drapion, Arcanine (Flash Fire), basically the best SD users in the tier. Unfortunately, the same kind of team cannot be achieved using pure special attackers.
If Arcanine learned SD, it would be epic.

Thund when will you stop with your gimmicks. Also, why don't you use your glitched sleep move that hits every time and lasts for 4 turns.

In all seriousness that's just an average heavily offensive team. I ran something sort of similar a couple metagames ago.
Bitter Heysup is bitter. (: lmao

But my team is Kabutops/Toxicroak/Scyther/Drapion/Rhyperior/Raticate. xD

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, I haven't been seeing a lot of Taunters around. Electrode are the only leads I run into that frequently use it, but beyond that, it's pretty rare.

To be honest, I haven't been seeing a lot of Taunters around. Electrode are the only leads I run into that frequently use it, but beyond that, it's pretty rare.
Yes.

I always wanted to use Taunt CM Wish Gardevoir, since it looks promising against stall teams.
Too bad i need to get rid of Spiritomb first, something that's not easy to do.

If you want to beat stall, just run Taunt NP LO Missy - Modest nature if you really really only care about stall. Iirc +2 HP LO Modest HP fighting 2HKOs Registeel while it fails to OHKO back with Iron Head, then you can go on to wipe out more of their defensive core. Only Sucker Punch Spiritomb will give them a chance...

EDIT: 58.8% - 69.8%, assured 2HKO if running Modest, 54.4% - 64.3% for Timid, so leftovers adds a small chance of a 2HKO.

Spiritomb walks over Missy the same way it walks over Gardy...
The reason i always wanted to give Gardy a go is Wish. That way Gardevoir also would support my team.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah see that works on Jirachi in OU because Jirachi is immune to Toxic. I can really see that Gardevoir failing in every category bar stall without Spiritomb. Clefable looks like a better CM + Wish candidate, but I mean she has Softboiled so there's no need unless you like getting 3hkoed or something!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pokemon that I have to found to be really effective:

-troll sets can potentially cost the opponent a valuable pokemon and I'm currently abusing that to the fullest. I won't mention mine yet...

-Bulky Missy is still freaking awesome. Still rapes stall, can cripple a good portion of the metagame. It's very, very useful.

-Bulky Torterra is also freaking awesome taking hits like a champ.

-Encore users. I've been using Encore Zam (thanks thund) and Encore Raichu to great success. Raichu himself isn't even as a bad as a thought. I've always found it hard to setup with Raichu but fortunately encore alleviates that. It even has the bonus of allowing Raichu to NOT entirely being outclassed as a Nasty plotter over say something like... Toxicroak.

It's still hard walled by Registeel but I have *people* for him. Encore users in general are probably one of the best *OH SHIT* buttons. They should be utilized more.

Raichu: So the job was done?
Dugtrio: Yeah, our friend *Registeel* won't be causing you any trouble any more.
Raichu: Excellent. Is he dead?
Dugtrio: Let's just say that he's *swimming with da fishes*
Raichu: Good.

author's comment: Registeel actually beat Dugtrio (he had a critical hit Iron head) and Raichu is being massively trolled by a rogue Dugtrio.

Qwilfish plus moltres = free spikes on Milotic
lol we might see an increase in HP electric milotic's if qwilfish keeps popping up..i remember someone it was either Jabba or panamix that ran an HP psychic milotic...lol took alot of ppl off gaurd, and it was used specically for toxicroak who constantly believe that they have a free switch into milotic haha...I might start doing that as well

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah that was definitely pana. People are just trolling the fuck out of me these days, every time I see a slowbro or whatever now I think "okay so is this trickspecs or rindoCM" instead of thinking it's going to be a standard bulky water.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
i remember someone it was either Jabba or panamix that ran an HP psychic milotic...
Im quite sure i was the first who used HP {Psychic}-Milotic in my Stallteam for the Smogon Tour (Finals) to cover my NP-Toxicroak-weak. But i mentioned the possibility of Milotic runnin HP {Psychic} in my battle against him, maybe he got the idea there.

Oh it works like a charm, gettin the OHKO on Toxicroak nearly every time with Stealth Rock factored in.

Maybe i should make a RMT....

God why did you guys mention hp psychic milotic?

Note to self... don't switch toxicroak into milotic for at least 2 weeks...

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just wondering, when does the round finish?? It says in the OP that it finishes 4 weeks from ladder reset, but I forgot when that happened... =(

Anyway, the gimmicks that are running around are cool, but people need to realise that some shit just doesn't work. Take for example, SD Jumpluff. It did 41% with a Life Orb at +6 to my Tangrowth. I just Power Whipped (Note: x4 resistance) and Synthesised it to its death. I mean, that stuff just doesn't work.

funny story one of my older teams has one loss and that loss is to a sd jumpluff

not sure why you weren't aerial aced? i lost because my registeel got dugtrioed and jumpluff had aerial ace for my bulky roserade (different metagame but same idea of flying stab).

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
-Encore users. I've been using Encore Zam (thanks thund) and Encore Raichu to great success. Raichu himself isn't even as a bad as a thought. I've always found it hard to setup with Raichu but fortunately encore alleviates that. It even has the bonus of allowing Raichu to NOT entirely being outclassed as a Nasty plotter over say something like... Toxicroak.

It's still hard walled by Registeel but I have *people* for him. Encore users in general are probably one of the best *OH SHIT* buttons. They should be utilized more.
Yeah they really are. I used to run Encore Zam to great success in the duck meta and it worked amazingly well. I used a more offensive set though, one that hits hard right off the bat. It's an Encore + 3 attacks Zam, which retains the sexy coverage, hitting both Psychic types and Registeel, and packing plenty of power thanks to Life Orb.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
funny story one of my older teams has one loss and that loss is to a sd jumpluff

not sure why you weren't aerial aced? i lost because my registeel got dugtrioed and jumpluff had aerial ace for my bulky roserade (different metagame but same idea of flying stab).
He used Return as his secondary attack move. Aerial Ace would have been better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)