Octillery

You mean octillery right?

Also another good counter unless it gets banned is Manaphy with energy ball, since it can tail glow on the protect and wipe out Oct every time. With no reliable recovery unless it gets like +6 sp.att in a row Manaphy will eventually beat it.
porygon2 also works rather well ive found, if he tries to stall porygon2 gets boosts as well, and can magic coat toxic back and thunderbolt for super effective damage

Taunt users can force it out too, i run a MH sableye which has stopped it dead a couple of times

however if he swaps in on something that cant touch it and it gets +2 SpAtk on the first turn it can be harder to deal with

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
You mean octillery right?

Also another good counter unless it gets banned is Manaphy with energy ball, since it can tail glow on the protect and wipe out Oct every time. With no reliable recovery unless it gets like +6 sp.att in a row Manaphy will eventually beat it.
I would've thought this would work, but then I saw Octillery effortlessly stop my SubCM Latios that got +6 SpA/SpD that tried boosting up alongside Octillery, all because it got fucking Evasion boosts, which made it too damn hard to hit his Sub, and then when I did hit his Sub, he'd just set up another one right after. I tried faking it out by burning PP with Calm Minds, but that was futile, because he could just get more boosts that way. I literally had to drain the thing of its PP because my Dragon Pulses wouldn't hit the damn thing, and then it swept me with Struggle thanks to having +6 Attack! I know that getting all those boosts isn't easy, but goddamn, the only thing more humiliating than getting swept by Struggle is getting swept by Kakuna...

Basically, this thing has 4 moveslots with a built in Acupressure. It's a bit of a nerfed Acupressure with the occasional -1 drop in a stat that you need, but it's still Acupressure nonetheless.

Because of the Evasion boosts, I really think the only actual counter to this fucker is Haze, since Clear Smog can miss, and so can Roar/Whirlwind/Taunt. Almost makes me want to pull out Murkrow again with his priority Haze. -.-

Anyone who's saying Inconsistent sucks is honestly kidding themselves if they've been taken down by this thing, or hasn't faced it yet and is pulling stuff out of their ass. -.-

lol I can't wait for all the Inconsistent users to come out. Then I can build a team full of them just out of spite. xD

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
bologo said:
Because of the Evasion boosts, I really think the only actual counter to this fucker is Haze, since Clear Smog can miss, and so can Roar/Whirlwind/Taunt. Almost makes me want to pull out Murkrow again with his priority Haze. -.-
Are you sure that Clear Smog can miss? Every source that I've seen lists it's accuracy as '-%.'

Sub cannot block Clear Smog as its considered a damaging attack, of course if your attack isn't strong enough to break the sub thats another matter.

That should actually be a glitch I believe, Clear Smog should have perfect accuracy like the other never miss attacks.

Anyone who's saying Inconsistent sucks is honestly kidding themselves if they've been taken down by this thing, or hasn't faced it yet and is pulling stuff out of their ass. -.-
I couldn't agree more, before I faced Lady Bug's inconsistent Octillery last night, and thankfully took it out after a sacrifice or two, I realized how powerful the PITA is. I never thought I'd see the day I might need an octillery counter in OU. This thing alongside t-spikes could be nigh unstoppable.

This thing is ridiculous, it rips through entire teams if it gets the right boost or if you snag a good switch in. I'd very much consider running a hazer just for this guy and other Inconsistent Pokémon.

I've fought a single Octillery with Inconsistent, and it was extremely annoying but I got past it. Of course, the player got horribly unlucky lmao, his net boosts were all 0 except +6 attack, -1 defense, and -4 speed. x) I don't even want to fight another one of these, because at one point it had +4 evasion and it was a bitch to hit.

Water Absorb Quagsire + Haze is pretty much a perfect counter, but who the fuck actually wants to put that on their team?

Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus
I see. Well then, I guess the pokeshroom actually is a good counter for Octillery then if Clear Smog can't miss. That's really weird though, I could've sworn I saw it have 100 accuracy, but serebii has it as 0 accuracy so I probably just need my glasses. :/ Anyway, it just needs to make sure that Octillery hasn't gotten a +2 SpD boost, otherwise it won't be able to break the Sub, and I'm assuming that means it won't reset the boosts. Also some Octillery run Flamethrower instead of Surf, and while it seems like an inferior option, it can really wreck pokeshroom.

I have faced Inconsistnt Octillery, and I agree with the general thought that it's the most annyoing poke to face in the game. It can stall until it gets that lovely Evasion boost, than stall you out, or sweep you with the right amount of boosts to SpA and Spe. The only to render him usless that I can think of is Haze, or a Water Absorber/Strom Drainer with Rest, but they can be taken advantage of easily by the rest of your team. Only thing stopping me from using this on a different team of mine is the fact I always want to use Randorosu (trying out a Double Dance set right now), which forces me to use Tyraniatr, which makes Octillery not nearly as usful.

Two other fun 'counters' for Octillery I can think of is simply Trace Pory2 and Gardevoir. Delicious Trace....

But really only real certain counter I could think of against Octillery is a Haze Desukan with Rest...which doesn't quite work for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm retarded, Machamp's got this covered.

and I'm assuming that means it won't reset the boosts.
Actually, Clear smog removes boosts through subs. The only downside to it that I've seen is that it can't hit steel-types. Also, the best pokemon to counter Inconsistent Octillery might be a bulky Weezing since he could probably take a hit, and then clear smog away his stat boosts.

Just wait until inconsistent smeargle is released, it will be far worse than octillery due to the fact that it gets magic coat if it wants to knock back roar/whirlwind before it gets a speed boost, it can auto boost its speed with gear change, can baton pass to espeon/xatu to avoid any phazes, a steel type to avoid clear smog and it can roar spore to just incapacitate any possible counter to it.

It's very hard to pull it off, but try passing it Aqua Ring+Ingrain (or just Ingrain and give it Leftovers) and see how fast your opponent ragequits.
I've found Ingrain + Leftovers to be easily enough to let Octillery destroy teams. My current team consists of Aqua Ring passing Vaporeon, Ingrain passing Inconsistent Smeargle, Inconsistent Octillery, Inconsistent Glalie, Acupressure Drapion, and Ditto to destroy opponents that think they can set up. It's actually really effective.

Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus
I've found Ingrain + Leftovers to be easily enough to let Octillery destroy teams. My current team consists of Aqua Ring passing Vaporeon, Ingrain passing Inconsistent Smeargle, Inconsistent Octillery, Inconsistent Glalie, Acupressure Drapion, and Ditto to destroy opponents that think they can set up. It's actually really effective.
You sir, are evil, even worse than Team Rocket. Do you know what having 3 Inconsistent users will do to so many people's laptops? How much money this will cost them, and how many rooms will be trashed out of sheer rage? Just one user causes cursing. Two users might cause broken glass. Three users will cause all hell to break loose. We shouldn't be encouraging violence on smogon, we should be encouraging peace and fair play...

Heh, but in all seriousness, that actually does look like a really good team. Does the Drapion also have Toxic Spikes? I'd imagine that Toxic Spikes + Inconsistent user would cause a lot of opponents to have no chance at all. Then again, I've never used Acupressure Drapion, so I don't know.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would've thought this would work, but then I saw Octillery effortlessly stop my SubCM Latios that got +6 SpA/SpD that tried boosting up alongside Octillery, all because it got fucking Evasion boosts, which made it too damn hard to hit his Sub, and then when I did hit his Sub, he'd just set up another one right after. I tried faking it out by burning PP with Calm Minds, but that was futile, because he could just get more boosts that way. I literally had to drain the thing of its PP because my Dragon Pulses wouldn't hit the damn thing, and then it swept me with Struggle thanks to having +6 Attack! I know that getting all those boosts isn't easy, but goddamn, the only thing more humiliating than getting swept by Struggle is getting swept by Kakuna...
Well that's just crappy luck and kind of silly to give it a whole 6 free turns to gain even more boosts. Manaphy OHKOs with Energy Ball after one tail glow boost, meaning it can switch in, tail glow on the protect and assuming no +2 speed boosts were given it can OHKO the next turn. If there were speed boosts I go straight to Latios to roar it back out and try again.

Smeargle with Magic Coat sounds ridiculous though, Haze and Perish Song will pretty much be required on teams.

Yeah I just played against this. This is seriously the cheapest Pokemon in the game and is getting my vote for uber once the suspect test is done. Im being serious. :/

Yeah I just played against this. This is seriously the cheapest Pokemon in the game and is getting my vote for uber once the suspect test is done. Im being serious. :/
I've played against SubProtect Inconsistent pokemon and even in ubers it can be broken, since even with much harder hitters it doesnt matter if you just can't hit it. I think a clause should be introduced similar to evasion clause banning this from use in ladders.

I've played against SubProtect Inconsistent pokemon and even in ubers it can be broken, since even with much harder hitters it doesnt matter if you just can't hit it. I think a clause should be introduced similar to evasion clause banning this from use in ladders.
I know it wouldnt be so bad if you could hit the damn thing. Bypassing the evasion clause is so dumb. ~__~

I REALLY think Inconsistent should fit in with the evasion clause to prevent this bs lol

Kay I really need to see a log of this to believe that it's true. Can someone post a log of them destroying a team with Inconsistent Octillery? I don't need the whole log, just the part with Octillery.

Start of turn 1
The foe's Smeargle used Protect!
The foe's Smeargle protected itself!

Mew used Fake Out!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent sharply raises its Sp. Def.!
The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent lowers its Accuracy!

Start of turn 2
Mew used Psycho Shock!
The foe's Smeargle lost 78% of its health!

The foe's Smeargle used Gear Change!
The foe's Smeargle's Speed sharply rose!
The foe's Smeargle's Attack rose!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent sharply raises its Speed!
The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent lowers its Attack!
The foe's Smeargle restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3

Mew used Psycho Shock!

Start of turn 4
The foe's Smeargle used Substitute!
The foe's Smeargle made a substitute!

Mew used Psycho Shock!
The foe's Smeargle's substitute faded!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent sharply raises its Defense!

Start of turn 5

Mew used Psycho Shock!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent sharply raises its Sp. Att.!
The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent lowers its Evasion!

Start of turn 6
The foe's Smeargle used Baton Pass!
Dragon Meister Lanza called Smeargle back!
Dragon Meister Lanza sent out Feebas!

Mew used Psycho Shock!
The foe's Feebas lost 78% of its health!

Start of turn 7
The foe's Feebas used Confuse Ray!
Mew became confused!

Mew is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Mew lost 37 HP! (10% of its health)

Start of turn 8
The foe's Feebas used Hypnosis!
Mew fell asleep!

Mew is fast asleep!

Start of turn 9
The foe's Feebas used Splash!
But nothing happened!

Mew is fast asleep!

Start of turn 10
But nothing happened!

Mew is fast asleep!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Feebas used Confuse Ray!
Mew is already confused.

Mew woke up!
Mew is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Mew lost 37 HP! (10% of its health)

Bubbleman is watching the battle.

Start of turn 12
But nothing happened!

Mew snapped out its confusion!
Mew used Psycho Shock!
The foe's Feebas lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Feebas fainted!

Dragon Meister Lanza sent out Smeargle!

Start of turn 13

Mew used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Dragon Meister Lanza's team!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent sharply raises its Evasion!

Start of turn 14
Mew used Psycho Shock!
The attack of Mew missed!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent lowers its Speed!

Start of turn 15

Mew used Psycho Shock!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent lowers its Sp. Def.!

Start of turn 16
Mew used Psycho Shock!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent lowers its Sp. Att.!

Start of turn 17

Mew used Psycho Shock!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent sharply raises its Attack!
The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent lowers its Defense!

Start of turn 18

Mew used Psycho Shock!

Start of turn 19

Mew used Psycho Shock!

Start of turn 20
Dragon Meister Lanza sent out Kumashun!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Kumashun!

Mew used Psycho Shock!
The foe's Kumashun's substitute faded!

Start of turn 21
The foe's Kumashun used Toxic!
The attack of the foe's Kumashun missed!

Mew used Psycho Shock!

Start of turn 22
The foe's Kumashun used Toxic!
Mew was poisoned!
Mew's Synchronize changes the status of the foe's Kumashun!
The foe's Kumashun was poisoned!

Mew used Psycho Shock!
The foe's Kumashun lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Kumashun fainted!

Mew is hurt by poison!
Dragon Meister Lanza sent out Smeargle!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Smeargle!

Start of turn 23

Mew used Psycho Shock!

Mew is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 24
Joe99-test4 called Mew back!
Joe99-test4 sent out Arceus!

Start of turn 25

Arceus used ExtremeSpeed!
The attack of Arceus missed!

Start of turn 26

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent sharply raises its Accuracy!

Start of turn 27

Start of turn 28

Start of turn 29

Start of turn 30

Start of turn 31

Start of turn 32

Start of turn 33

Arceus used Brick Break!

Start of turn 34

Arceus used Brick Break!
It's super effective!

Start of turn 35

Arceus used Brick Break!

The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent sharply raises its Accuracy!
The foe's Smeargle's Inconsistent lowers its Defense!

Start of turn 36
Joe99-test4 called Arceus back!
Joe99-test4 sent out Ditto!

Ditto transformed into Smeargle!

Ditto's Inconsistent sharply raises its Attack!
Ditto's Inconsistent lowers its Accuracy!

tart of turn 37
Ditto used Baton Pass!
Joe99-test4 called Ditto back!
Joe99-test4 sent out Zekuromu!

Zekuromu has TeraVoltage!

Dragon Meister Lanza sent out Ditto!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ditto!

The foe's Ditto transformed into Zekuromu!
The foe's Ditto has TeraVoltage!

Start of turn 38
Zekuromu used Outrage!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ditto's substitute faded!

The foe's Ditto used Dragon Claw!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Zekuromu lost 342 HP! (100% of its health)
Zekuromu fainted!

Joe99-test4 sent out Mew!

Start of turn 39
Mew used Fake Out!

Mew lost 204 HP! (59% of its health)
Mew fainted!

Joe99-test4 sent out Arceus!

Start of turn 40
A critical hit!
Arceus lost 268 HP! (70% of its health)
Arceus fainted!

Joe99-test4 sent out Darkrai!

Start of turn 41
Darkrai lost 282 HP! (100% of its health)
Darkrai fainted!

Joe99-test4 sent out Ditto!

Start of turn 42
Ditto lost 300 HP! (100% of its health)
Ditto fainted!

Joe99-test4 sent out Mewtwo!

Start of turn 43
The foe's Ditto used Outrage!
Mewtwo lost 354 HP! (100% of its health)
Mewtwo fainted!

This is my team that peaked at No.1 on DW ubers versus what is in essencse a joke team with the addition of Inconsistent Smeargle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)