Official NBA 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

KD was impressive and did it in less time with a ton of missed FTs compared to his norm...but it was against the 2nd biggest underdog in the last 25 years. The Sixers go just about 2 players deep, the rest are d-leaguers.

Damn LeBron, 61 points? That's pretty damn high. Durant still has just as good a shot though, so he'll have to keep up some high point games. Maybe not as high as 60+, but if he does keep it up he could win this race.

Got home last night from work, turned the TV to the Lakers game as it was about three minutes left in the third quarter...and cried.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i didn't watch the game but being an LA resident surrounded by Lakers fans, some of them being dear friends of mine, I'm glad I'm not dedicated to either team. I'm a neutral party and none of my friends can call me out for jumping on the clippers "bandwagon" if I make fun of them for how terrible of a spanking their favorite got from a team that is seen by like 90% of socal as a joke. good times.

Fuck bandwagoning, Clippers are the most entertaining team to watch right now. Blake Griffin especially, watching him develop into one of the best players in the league has been amazing. Poor Lakers just getting their tank on, maybe Laker fans will get a nice dose of humility when it's all over.

I think there is something to team loyalty (the feeling I got from the Mavs final run beats anything I ever felt with sports before, and every Dallas team has been to a final in my lifetime, that one was special), but in the end those feelings are kind of all whatever you decide them to be. I created an artificial hella tight bond with the Finley-Dirk-Nash Mavericks, and in the realest sense possible I think it is all just in my own mind. If you have more fun cheering for who you think is the best team every year, or the cutest underdog, or if you want to root for all the teams in your state, those decisions all relatively make sense. Sports is just entertainment and you only get as psyched up as you allow yourself to believe you should get psyched up.

Also, if your team wins 5 titles in 15 years and you ever cry because they are not as good anymore, that makes you an incredible fucking baby.

I've supported Clippers since I've come to LA. It's hilarious because most people you meet here that say that they generally support Lakers but support Clippers now since Lakers suck.

Pacers four-game losing streak
Heat three-game losing streak
and even the Thunder had a 3-game losing streak a couple weeks ago and have a two-game one right now

also Anthony fucking Davis

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mah Bois, dem Clips!

Also, OKC is on the wrong meds...how do you lose to the worst team in the West? Then again, 5 offensive rebounds allowed on one trip, Lakers?! Smh...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)