Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I just SRd for a 28/25/30/8/25/11 Jolly (duh) Weavile. I've got another one that I'm going to RNG (if it's possible?) but this one is just for quicks.

What have others got so far? Any RNGs yet?

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Moltres had Solarbeam, Air Slash, Flamethrower, and HP Ice. Zapdos has Detect, Heat Wave, Discharge, Sub.

Also Moltres was scarfed.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I just checked my battle vid. Hippowdown had Earthquake and Roar (ha! XD), and it had a rindo berry when I fought him the first time cuz i hit it with HP grass and it activated >.<

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
the site info says single non-user and this battle video shows it countering TR (which is how i know he uses it for that)

46-42997-10574

and just for kicks i tested it myself real quick and i was able to select my target.. including my partner which could also be a really cool strategy under the right situation

maybe you confused the random pokemon switching in with random target?

edit: lol at tad's observation

This year's VGC had a terrible way to pick participants in the tournament, and even those who were lucky enough to be selected admit this. Numerous suggestions have been proffered to remedy this, my favorite being that the number of participants allowed in is raised, or perhaps no limit is set. Swiss format can be used in the preliminary rounds, as it is flexible as to how many players it can accommodate. Too many people traveled long distances only to be turned down. I travelled only slightly more than half the distance that IPL and OmegaDonut did (1800 miles as opposed to 3100), and I felt immensely disappointed. I can only imagine what it would have felt like to be them, to travel such a distance and spend so much money, only to not get selected. In that way, I was glad to see them succeed, but at the same time, I could feel only the nagging thoughts of what could have been.
Err.. why did you just c/p part of one of my posts?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2041313&postcount=3825

The first paragraph is the exact same as what you just posted ._.

and just for kicks i tested it myself real quick and i was able to select my target.. including my partner which could also be a really cool strategy under the right situation
I have come across teams with pokemon such as Porygon-z and ninetales
What happens is porygon-z(specs/scarf and adaptability) uses hyper beam to most likely OHKO someone then ninetales roars him out so there is no turn left vulnerable

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I have come across teams with pokemon such as Porygon-z and ninetales
What happens is porygon-z(specs/scarf and adaptability) uses hyper beam to most likely OHKO someone then ninetales roars him out so there is no turn left vulnerable
Great observations! Thanks for the clarification!!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Were the Heatrans used this year usually something like Heat Wave/Earth Power/Dragon Pulse/Explosion?
Mine had HP Ice instead of explosion, not to say that's the best trade off, but it was scarfed too though and it had solar beam instead of Dragon Pulse.

[edit]
sweet pics vash!

To clear things up, Kazuyuki Tsuji was the winner, and Tasuku Mano was the runner-up. Here are their teams:

Kazuyuki Tsuji's Team (GoodStuffs/Rain?)

Empoleon@Wacan Berry/Lum Berry (He switched around)
Surf, Hydro Pump, Protect, Icy Wind

Toxicroak@Focus Sash
Cross Chop, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, Taunt

Snorlax@Custap Berry
Return, Earthquake, Protect, SelfDestruct

Salamence@Sitrus Berry
Draco Meteor, Heat Wave, Protect, Hydro Pump/Rain Dance

Ludicolo@??? (never seen)
????, ????, ????, ????

Metagross@Choice Scarf? (never seen)
????, ????, ????, ????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tasuku Mano's Team (GoodStuffs/Sunny Day)

Zapdos@Leftovers
Discharge, Heat Wave, Detect, Substitute

Yanmega@Life Orb
Bug Buzz, Hidden Power (Ice 70), Detect, Swagger

Rhyperior@???
Rock Slide, Earthquake, Protect, Hammer Arm

Moltres@Focus Sash
Flamethrower, Air Slash, Hidden Power ??, ????

Shedinja@Lum Berry/Focus Sash (He switched around)
X-Scissor, Shadow Sneak, Protect, Sunny Day

Hippowdon@???
????, ????, ????, ????
Ah many thanks for the insightful information. Oh and thanks to POKEMONBATTLEBRAIN for sharing the videos.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why didnt the Toxicroak sucker punch?
I'm assuming he expected the Shedinja user to try and out-guess and out-stall Toxicroak with a combination of Sunny Day and Protect, in order to stall out Toxicroak's Sucker Punch, which has a mere 8 PP.

He also probably felt that he could heal enough with Empoleon's Surf to prevent wrongly guessing a Shadow Sneak. Too bad the crit did him in.

Heh it looks like more people want to hear about FR/LG's RNG. That's good because mingot would probably kill me if I didn't post it. I've been real busy but I'll post something in Evergrande eventually. I haven't done anything with it since before St. Louis, so it will take me some time to remember all the details and get the required program looking better (yes it requires a program seperate from RNGReporter). I'll warn you guys though, it is much harder to abuse than DPPt and Emerald. But it IS possible, my Zapdos is proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)