Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
thanks shinryu :justin:

Damn Jesus is sweaty, hot, and ..... black? jk jk lol looking good Sensei

Stop being in hibernation and get your sweaty ass on facebook! No but seriosuly
stop, you're making me blush :cloud:
also ugh, facebook and i.....things are a bit complicated at the moment

I've always thought the gym was boring without a friend. I've found it takes my mind off what I'm doing and we can both work harder for longer.
for me its so mixed. I do have fun when i go with someone, but i also started out going by myself and got used to working out alone. I am usually by myself at the gym instead of going with a workout buddy[not that i choose to go without one] so i have come to master the art of self motivating, having better concentration when alone, self....etc etc?
anyways yeah, i find that i prefer going by myself most of the time but like i said, its only because its what i became accustomed to from the start. i am sure that if i met someone who puts in just as much time, is dedicated enough to the point where he would always be in the gym on workout days instead of giving me excuses the days he feels lazy and just wants to stay home, and even pushes me to get my butt in the gym on days when i am the one with excuses/wanting to stay home. If i met him/her i am sure i would come to wonder how i ever enjoyed the gym going alone so many times

that terrible moment where you start lathering up and you kind of feel the wash mixing with the sweat and you're like 'oh lordy help me get this filth off'

followed by that glorious moment of 'oh water gently fall upon my skin as i wash my troubles away'

just me?
YES!, ah that moment truly is glorious

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Who would have thought that exercising and working your ass would make such a difference... honestly I know a ton of people who complain about being overweight simply because of their genetics, or that they're metabolism is messed up, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, inspiring stuff dude! Just a little more!

Watching through at the moment, I simply love stuff like this. Thoughts comin' later.

EDIT #1: Hi guys look at what I found. http://myuctv.tv/2012/05/03/quiz-are-you-addicted-to-food/
EDIT #2: How Stressed are you? http://myuctv.tv/2012/05/18/stress-beefs-up-the-waistline-how-stressed-are-you/

Thoughts about myself from this video:
Personally I am not the healthiest person in the world, I'm probably about borderline in terms of healthy foods consumed AND physical activity. I'm 18 and weigh about 180-185 lbs and honestly I haven't felt paranoid about myself and my weight. There are times where I feel like exercising more and I guess I do, even though I walk about 2-3 miles a day to get to and from school (this isn't even including how much I walk in school), I don't lift weights but I do have a natural strength (I can bench my weight and I'm not afraid to lift heavy crap by myself) and I probably should aim to improve it since I don't show much muscle at all :\. My diet is odd as hell, I eat according to what I want at that period of time. I choose to eat healthy, unhealthy, snack, etc. pretty much on a whim whenever I am hungry and now that I look back on my eating habits of the last week-2 weeks, I eat pretty well for the fact that I make a 650 calorie ice cream float once a month. I also need to cut back on the Soda. Big. Time. I drink about 2-3 cans a day and oftentimes it's because there's nothing else in my fridge. The good thing is that I don't overreact when I don't have soda to drink, so I think I can cut down on the soda intake over the summer. Overall I need to improve in some areas but beyond that I'm a rather healthy person :D.

Thoughts about this video:
There's a hell of a lot more to it than sugar. This problem started nearly 40 years ago when the government decided "less fats = healthy", and in that time it totally destroyed the system that our bodies as humans followed for 50,000 years. So in 0.0008% of the time elapsed we destroyed the process completely. The process in which we say we're full or how we measure our hunger, gone all thanks to the fact that sugar in large quantities combined with our increasingly stagnant lifestyles, building stress in work, AND the fact that the companies involved are totally bullshitting us. I agree that the bulk of the problem is 1) our government force feeding us the idea of "less fat, less carbs = healthy" while totally ignoring sugar and the effects plus 2) the fact that 80% of our food is processed with some sort of sugar, and isn't explained or showcased in any form by the companies that make them (because all they really want is our money). Really we need to reverse the process and curve people to natural, non processed foods (and more moderation) through any means necessary, taxes, bans, regulation, anything just to make people aware of the harm it can cause. But there's just so much behind the problems at hand that it's already a really huge uphill battle for those who actually want to do something for the health of the population. I don't know maybe the government steps up to the plate and does something about it (with all the backdoor money they get from these companies I doubt it), or we as people stand up to the system (again doubtful since 80% of the food we eat is what we'll be battling against).

Maybe they can go about it in the way they handled cigarettes, although a little less dramatically. I mean come on I've been inhaling second hand smoke for 18 years, but just now it can cause lung cancer? :\ They should educate through the ads, not infuse fear in people and alienate others, it just won't work in the long run. A small tax along with regular advertisements and ways to educate the people (ESPECIALLY IN SCHOOLS) will definitely do us as people of the earth a hell of a lot of good.

Test Results:
#1: answered 0 or 1 to four questions and 3 to one question.
According to Yale University’s Ashley Gearhardt, who developed the scale, research suggests that if you answered 3 or 4 to three or more questions, it is suggestive of eating problems that might need professional help. Here are some resources if you find yourself in that category.

#2:
15 (13 = normal)(20 = extreme)

Ninahaza

Thanks PK. ^_^

Watching through at the moment, I simply love stuff like this. Thoughts comin' later.

EDIT #1: Hi guys look at what I found. http://myuctv.tv/2012/05/03/quiz-are-you-addicted-to-food/
EDIT #2: How Stressed are you? http://myuctv.tv/2012/05/18/stress-beefs-up-the-waistline-how-stressed-are-you/

Thoughts about myself from this video:
Personally I am not the healthiest person in the world, I'm probably about borderline in terms of healthy foods consumed AND physical activity. I'm 18 and weigh about 180-185 lbs and honestly I haven't felt paranoid about myself and my weight. There are times where I feel like exercising more and I guess I do, even though I walk about 2-3 miles a day to get to and from school (this isn't even including how much I walk in school), I don't lift weights but I do have a natural strength (I can bench my weight and I'm not afraid to lift heavy crap by myself) and I probably should aim to improve it since I don't show much muscle at all :\. My diet is odd as hell, I eat according to what I want at that period of time. I choose to eat healthy, unhealthy, snack, etc. pretty much on a whim whenever I am hungry and now that I look back on my eating habits of the last week-2 weeks, I eat pretty well for the fact that I make a 650 calorie ice cream float once a month. I also need to cut back on the Soda. Big. Time. I drink about 2-3 cans a day and oftentimes it's because there's nothing else in my fridge. The good thing is that I don't overreact when I don't have soda to drink, so I think I can cut down on the soda intake over the summer. Overall I need to improve in some areas but beyond that I'm a rather healthy person :D.

Thoughts about this video:
There's a hell of a lot more to it than sugar. This problem started nearly 40 years ago when the government decided "less fats = healthy", and in that time it totally destroyed the system that our bodies as humans followed for 50,000 years. So in 0.0008% of the time elapsed we destroyed the process completely. The process in which we say we're full or how we measure our hunger, gone all thanks to the fact that sugar in large quantities combined with our increasingly stagnant lifestyles, building stress in work, AND the fact that the companies involved are totally bullshitting us. I agree that the bulk of the problem is 1) our government force feeding us the idea of "less fat, less carbs = healthy" while totally ignoring sugar and the effects plus 2) the fact that 80% of our food is processed with some sort of sugar, and isn't explained or showcased in any form by the companies that make them (because all they really want is our money). Really we need to reverse the process and curve people to natural, non processed foods (and more moderation) through any means necessary, taxes, bans, regulation, anything just to make people aware of the harm it can cause. But there's just so much behind the problems at hand that it's already a really huge uphill battle for those who actually want to do something for the health of the population. I don't know maybe the government steps up to the plate and does something about it (with all the backdoor money they get from these companies I doubt it), or we as people stand up to the system (again doubtful since 80% of the food we eat is what we'll be battling against).

Maybe they can go about it in the way they handled cigarettes, although a little less dramatically. I mean come on I've been inhaling second hand smoke for 18 years, but just now it can cause lung cancer? :\ They should educate through the ads, not infuse fear in people and alienate others, it just won't work in the long run. A small tax along with regular advertisements and ways to educate the people (ESPECIALLY IN SCHOOLS) will definitely do us as people of the earth a hell of a lot of good.

Test Results:
#1: answered 0 or 1 to four questions and 3 to one question.

#2:
15 (13 = normal)(20 = extreme)
man, its really awesome how much interest you take in videos like these. Most don't usually get my attention, But i do have huge interest in personal health in general.

You make good points, but there are 2 major problems to what you are saying.
1: there is too much money to be made in obesity, and an unhealthy lifestyle in general. The government wont be making any real efforts soon i think. There's too much money to be made not just for the government even.

2: People just dont give a fuck. Hell, people dont give a fuck so much that they don't even realize how fat/unhealthy they've truly become. That' s why we get those moments when we randomly look in the mirror and ask the question "damn i've gotten pretty big, HOW/WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?". We ask as if we've been blind until that precise moment, and in a way we have because that's how strongly we don't give a fuck. this issue i think many can relate to. I did not give a flying fuck and had those mirror moments many times.

In the end, even if the government made this issue their number one priority, It would still require us to take enough of an interest in our own personal health for any real change to occur. "i can provide you the ingredients, but YOU must be the one to bake the bread" as the saying goes.

i got interested in this sort of thing when i watched "Food Inc" for a class project, along with a documentary about women in advertising today that i can't remember the title of. it did make me embarrassed for the whole female population though, because of course we all have to look a certain way or we aren't attractive or popular or whatever (usually skinny with a lot of spray tan)

of course i only started taking action around the time i messaged you, and the reason was more or less to fit the part of a cosplay... but hey, at least it got me started to treating myself right.

i've never been in a situation where i've had to lose weight, but i have had friends stop eating or do something ridiculous to lose weight just because they don't want to be seen exercising in public. that's something i'll never understand, since i've always had major respect for people who can commit to that sort of thing. in fact, i accidentally lost weight when i started my first year of uni because i had to eat meals that i could transport to school and that i had to make myself. i went from 110 to 105, which might be scary for some people but i'm only 4'10 so i'm still in the cool zone. changing your diet can be enough to make a difference, and even still people don't do it.

i mean, i didn't exactly watch what i ate in high school. never thought twice about gorging on junk food, though it was mostly pizza or burgers or something. i had a big appetite but just because i wasn't gaining weight didn't mean i was healthy. i guess i was strange though, i didn't really drink pop or eat candies or chocolate or anything, i just really loved mcdonald's. but then again in high school i had access to gym class and the weight room, and i played an active sport. i think i used to eat mcdonald's around twice a week because i got off work at 11pm and it was easy to just get a burger and fries.

but this year i realized that i just felt awful about literally sitting around all day during summer just playing video games. literally that was all i did, or i went on the computer, and even at work i sit at a desk for 8 hours (where i am now). whenever i had to go out i walked everywhere, but that isn't really physical activity and i did it because i couldn't drive yet. but i found that the problem was that i was not motivated. i think it's harder to stay fit when you're in your "healthy" weight area, just like it's easy to put weight back on if you lost it to get there. if you're already small then you don't have visible fat you need to get rid of and you can't tell yourself that's the reason. i had a lot of personal stuff going on at the beginning of the year too, so that might have been part of it. i think i really needed to be interested in the idea of being healthy to actually start trying. so i got tips from a pretty inspiring dude. ;)

and now i have to say i feel much better about myself. i go jogging at least 3 times a week, and i have my own little cardio workout that i'm building up slowly since i have no solid deadline. i don't really eat fast food anymore (though today i found myself without a pre-made dinner at work, and i got chinese because the only healthy thing here is subway) and i've switched over to whole grains and i just eat more balanced meals. i finally found out a good portion size for me and now i find i'm less hungry overall, i don't order like 5 rolls and a don when i go out for sushi anymore. and i am making progress and my body seems to be doing what you said it would, which was lose weight before getting any muscle. the little fat pocket on my stomach where abs should be is shrinking! which is what i wanted the most. thighs are always the worst though but i'm sure i'll make some progress eventually. i did lose 2 pounds so i'm 103 but that only happened after i quit the junk food. i don't even eat chips anymore, it's as easy as bringing a bag of dried apples to a party (which are tastier than chips imho) and i mostly only drink water now. but i like water so i'm strange

wow this just turned into a whole thing about myself, haha. well i guess i just want to say you're awesome and i hope you can inspire people of every size to treat themselves a little better. i can't wait to don some green and spandex, and look good while doing it. i'm almost positive i'll be ready before sakuracon, if i can figure out how to correctly sew spandex anytime soon...

oh yeah, i'm also looking for a job where i don't sit on my butt all day. this job sucks. and this whole thing made me a better cook because i didn't want to eat the deep fried food my parents make when they get lazy. so there's that too

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation

Ninahaza

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation
this is a bit late, but thanks Delta

also its time for the final update. it only took me staying up until 6am, but i knew something had to come up and screw up my sleep schedule sooner or later. alright guys here is a link to the first page like always.
"A Link"
alright time for me to finally get some sleep. i apologize if i missed anything

Man, that was an amazing read.

I mean, like, you're a legitimately handsome man now (no homo).

I suddenly feel inspired. I mean, I'm in great shape because I'm a cross country runner but I want to make muscles for myself all of a sudden lol

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is my first post in this thread, but I can assure you I've been following it quietly.

I've always admired you for your achievements, possibly more than any other Smogoner, and I'm honoured that I've recently gotten to know you a bit better.

Thought I'd keep it pithy.

~Alch

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Damn son, I am so proud of you. You have kicked some ass for 1.5 years, and you've come a long way. You're an inspiration to those who want to do the same thing, but feel it's too hard or will take too long. Your fitness journey should be admired and celebrated, and you'd better believe we'll be celebrating in Hawaii (with rum and DIET Cokes). Much love man, keep on keeping on.

You're beautiful. It's amazing to see what you started from and where you've come. When I go to college next month, and have regular access to a gym and actual facilities (quite frankly I have nothing right now), I want to (note: WILL) be trying to fix my body up as well. I'm not fat (at the ~24-25 BMI range, so the heavy end of the healthy weight range), but I don't like my body how it is. Even though you started from a significantly worse place than I did, you did so much, so your journey will be an inspiration the entire time. I hope I can push myself even half as hard as you did so I'm happier with myself. You are a beautiful beautiful man, and an absolute inspiration for people you don't even know. Congratulations.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Jesus, Jesus! You look fantastic. You have definitely succeeded in persevering past the most difficult leg of your journey, that's for sure, and your feat is nothing short of an inspiration. I keep slacking in my own work out regimen for the results I want to achieve, and I just keep doubting myself. But, coming back to this thread once again you've shown just how very possible it is to achieve the results you want, as long as you keep working and keep working hard.

the world weeps for your lost black ass, but rejoices for everything else. see you in hawaii!!

the way you have assiduously undertook this task is meritorious; reading through all of your updates in one and seeing how far you've come is an inspiration, so my one post this year is to congratulate you on all your hard work. keep at it man.

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
i'm f*ckin mirin, mr ninahaza you are truly impressive and inspirational

now let's get that new thread going

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have respect for dedicated people. Live healthy brotha, it's probably the best feeling in the world!

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Like all others, I am hella impressed by what you've achieved. I remember meeting up in the Fall of 2010 (I think, it was 2 years ago) and the difference between you of today and the you of the man I met that day is enormous. You've also inspired me to start exercising and getting healthy. You've always been a good friend and I hope that we can meet again either in Vancouver or in Seattle.

Ninahaza

Thank you all so much, thank you for the comments. It seems that one of the things that hasnt changed is my reaction to all the comments left by you guys. reading these comments after work today, i felt the same way i did when i read comments from the very first update i made. thank you again, you are all so very kind.

@ DM.
Adam, yes i cannot wait to see you again, and you better believe we'll do some celebrating in hawaii.

@ fishy.
Fishy <3
see you soon~

@ Eraddd.
thanks Eraddd :). also i do not know how much more my heart can take, or how much longer it can last. it always seems like an opportunity arises for us to meet again, but then plans fall through (and we are both to blame. we've both had chances)

i'm f*ckin mirin, mr ninahaza you are truly impressive and inspirational

now let's get that new thread going
thanks uraga. also yes, lets get that new thread up. I'm hoping to be able to jump on irc soon and have a chat with the guys, especially stylish interval. we'll make it happen :)

how strict was your diet? did eating well get easier as you progressed?
Eating well did get easier as i progressed, yes. I learned better control and picked up tips/figured out tricks along the way that worked for me. But the hunger and craving intensity for what i love or really wanted always remained the same. i hope that makes as much sense to you as it does to me lol

also the level of strictness in my diet was something that was ever changing. for the most part i would say that i maintained a pretty strict diet. i don't want to say a "very" strict diet, but it was pretty restrictive. however please keep in mind that i took breaks.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Absolutely phenomenal. We've never spoken or anything, but I still feel compelled to post how inspiring your dedication is. Creative, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)