Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been mentioned but~

I've always thought that Valerie's sleeves and the wall art behind her looked like they were shaped like Audino ears.. I know it's a loose representation (if any at all), but I was always baffled as to why they might have shaped these things like a normal type. Now that the Normal/Fairy M-Audino is confirmed, my random thought makes sense?

Apologies for going extremely off topic. But i felt like sharing..

I doubt it won't be compatible; it was only FRLG that pulled that sort of thing and GF realized their mistake ever since. Especially with how much they've made an effort to make Gen 6 connect the world and such.
What mistake are you referring to? Just curious.

What mistake are you referring to? Just curious.
Kurona's probably referring to being unable to trade between FRLG and RSE until the post game while completing the Sevii Island quest to unlock the compatibility function so you could trade your Hoenn pokes over.

It was intended to be a part of their whole reboot/fresh-start scheme, but it sucked.

After getting the first gym badge in HGSS, you could freely trade between any gen4 game. You could also trade between any of the four gen5 games after gaining the Basic Badge in BW2. Chances are, they'll do the same thing with ORAS after beating Roxanne, simply because it's the right thing to do

Lumari

thinking of a place
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Kurona's probably referring to being unable to trade between FRLG and RSE until the post game while completing the Sevii Island quest to unlock the compatibility function so you could trade your Hoenn pokes over.

It was intended to be a part of their whole reboot/fresh-start scheme, but it sucked.

After getting the first gym badge in HGSS, you could freely trade between any gen4 game. You could also trade between any of the four gen5 games after gaining the Basic Badge in BW2. Chances are, they'll do the same thing with ORAS after beating Roxanne, simply because it's the right thing to do
How was that a mistake? It's not like you need to work on your national dex while you're still playing through the story..

It'll probably be like the notch-eared Pichu (also appeared in a remake) and not be able to be traded to other games.
I was talking about sending the Rare Candies to ORAS, take that Pikachu to a level in which we could reliably check its IVs and then SR it.

^It prevented you from playing the story with any Pokémon you wanted, even though they were technically available. Of all the 386 Pokémon that existed at the time, you could use less than half throughout the story, even with trading.
In addition, it prevented you from evolving Pokémon into their Gen 2 Evolutions - perhaps the most infamous and awful example of this is the unavailability of Crobat, but even if you try to trade an Onix holding a Metal Coat to a non-national dex FRLG... it'll stop evolving. They even went so far as to make it so that it was IMPOSSIBLE to evolve Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon because there was no time system... why? I don't know, some twisted sense of nostalgia? It was just really damn irritating all in all.

Very interesting that they decided to upload the video right now. Was this really when they were scheduled to do so; or are they changing plans because of the leak? Either way, I'd hazard a guess that we'll get Mega Slowbro video within the next few days.

Very interesting that they decided to upload the video right now. Was this really when they were scheduled to do so; or are they changing plans because of the leak? Either way, I'd hazard a guess that we'll get Mega Slowbro video within the next few days.
According to serebii, they released the video because Junichi Masuda announced Mega Audino at Gamescon, similar to the Mega Sableye announcement at E3.

According to serebii, they released the video because Junichi Masuda announced Mega Audino at Gamescon, similar to the Mega Sableye announcement at E3.
Aah... well in that case, I'd even expect Mega Slowbro to be announced there later.
Sorry guys, my joke about Mega Johto Starters looks like it isn't going to come true :(

Reactions: PME

Lumari

thinking of a place
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
^It prevented you from playing the story with any Pokémon you wanted, even though they were technically available. Of all the 386 Pokémon that existed at the time, you could use less than half throughout the story, even with trading.
I suppose I've always thought 150 was plenty ;) I've just never had that attitude of 'I wanna use Chimchar on my SoulSilver playthrough, and by Azelf, I will use Chimchar on my SoulSilver playthrough' (or Electrike on my FireRed playthrough while we're talking about FRLG) while there are plenty of cool mons available in the game itself (not that there's anything wrong with that, before I unintentionally insult anybody, it's just not my style. Those technically unavailable mons just feel out of place imo.)
In addition, it prevented you from evolving Pokémon into their Gen 2 Evolutions - perhaps the most infamous and awful example of this is the unavailability of Crobat, but even if you try to trade an Onix holding a Metal Coat to a non-national dex FRLG... it'll stop evolving. They even went so far as to make it so that it was IMPOSSIBLE to evolve Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon because there was no time system... why? I don't know, some twisted sense of nostalgia? It was just really damn irritating all in all.
Yeah, that was stupid. Forcing me to use Fearow or Pidgeot as my Flying-type while Crobat is a lot cooler and better, HGSS did that in a much better way. As for those Eeveelutions, there was no time system in RBY and there were no (other) new features in FRLG that required a time system, so that's most definitely why they didn't implement it; but then again, it was not like RSE had a lot of features that required a time function (iirc, only the berries, the shoal cave, and the eeveelutions), so it wouldn't have been strange to implement one solely for the Eeveelutions (and the berries while we're at it, because berry planting most definitely would've been possible if those games had an internal clock). I'm now working on my national dex on Emerald, but if I want an Umbreon I'm gonna have to restart one of my other Hoenn games because all my internal batteries are dead and all clocks are standing still on Espeon hours x_x (I reckon I would have at least one clock stuck on Umbreon hours if all five genIII games had an internal clock)

Aah... well in that case, I'd even expect Mega Slowbro to be announced there later.
Sorry guys, my joke about Mega Johto Starters looks like it isn't going to come true :(
Not necessarily. In Emerald is possible to obtain one of the Johto starters from Professor Birch, and if ORAS do like HGSS and borrow elements from the third version (aka, Emerald) then we may get the Johto starters with their Mega Stones at some point.

Could Mega-Bro be the World Championship announcement like M-Kanga was last year?

Not necessarily. In Emerald is possible to obtain one of the Johto starters from Professor Birch, and if ORAS do like HGSS and borrow elements from the third version (aka, Emerald) then we may get the Johto starters with their Mega Stones at some point.
That's my theory too, and I think it is quite a big possibility.
I guess this requires context though; a day or so before Mega Slowbro was announced, I joked that there was going to be a Mega Slowbro because it was seen alongside Altaria and such in the contest screenshots. Not much later, Mega Slowbro leaked, people started joking about "hey kurona joke about mega flygon so it happens", that sort of thing. I then joked that mega johto starters would happen to bring something impressive to the announcement of Mega Audino/Slowbro, but then it turns out they already have Gamescom or whatever as their claim to their own announcement. So oh well.

Could we have Mega Slowking ? We didn't have Mega Gallade, but I would like a Shellder eating the head of Mega Slowking :D
I guess that's a possibility, but I'm also thinking they might not do it because it could be a little... boring and repetitive. To explain, most every Mega so far has had a drastically different design. But Gallade and Slowking, for every obvious reasons share so many design aesthetics to Gardevoir and Slowking, respectively, and it'd seem more like their Megas exist solely for the reason of just being counterparts rather than their own individual thing. That's my take on it anyway.

This just makes me laugh for some reason.
Also... her Altaria has a nickname...? That's... well shit, is this the first time an NPC in Pokémon has actually named their Pokémon?

Last edited:
Also... her Altaria has a nickname...? That's... well shit, is this the first time an NPC in Pokémon has actually named their Pokémon?
Contest NPC's always nickname their pokémon for some reason. Though usually, even if you can battle them the nickname doesn't show up in battle. See Jasmine's Steelix Rusty, or Fantina's Drifblim Loony

M-Audino has a rather good defensive typing IMO. Being immune to both Ghost and dragon is something that only it can boast, apart from Wigglytuff (lol). Resistances to bug and dark moves, A new neutrality to fighting, and only being weak to poison and steel. (unless i missed something) gives it more of a shot at being an extremely good defensive pokemon. It's offensive typing is less good, but then again this thing is probably going to be used defensively anyway.
It's offensive movepool is expansive and includes things like fire blast/flamethrower, surf, blizzard/ice beam, psychic/psyshock, shadow ball and also a set up move in calm mind. but we won't know if it will be able to use it's offensive moves till we find out the stat spread. It will definitely be able to pull off it's cleric duties however, with ease predicting an almost guaranteed 103/106/106 defenses (at the very least).
It's ability, Healer, is absolutely useless in singles. I would have preferred regenerator or natural cure, but game freak decided to gear M-Audino more towards doubles I guess. Another thing that will hurt it as a defensive pokemon is that it will lose out on leftovers.
It's design is absolutely adorable! I would love to buy a giant Mega-Audino plush and just have it sit on the end of my bed to watch over me at night. Huge love for the pokemon we all abused in BW/BW2.

That stat distribution on M-Audino is what I really really REALLY want to see at this moment in time. Darn it..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)