Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my intention wasn't to attack anyone (if it came across that way it definitely wasn't meant to), I was just giving my opinion on its design, why I like it, why it makes sense and why I can't understand how people are getting legitimately mad over something like this. I don't really see how any of that could make you feel attacked.
Hey, don't worry. Like I said I didn't think you were singling me out. It's just that I spent the last 2 pages attacking the design, lol
It's still going to be slow, they haven't taken that away.
It bounces around on it's tail now. "propelling itself like a spring" I just ... I never would have used the word "slow" to describe things like this:

But maybe they'll find a way to have it spring around and still come off like it's actually a Slowbro. And if so I'll have no issues with it...

Last edited:
Maaaaaaan I am so sick and tired of arguments over Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino. God, can't we move onto something else...? It's the same points and arguments being repeated over and over.

I'm hoping for a decently challenging Elite 4. Sydney and Drake rejoice as their pokemon can now utilize their STABS. Dragon was special in R/S/E I think.

But maybe they'll find a way to have it spring around and still come off like it's actually a Slowbro. And if so I'll have no issues with it...
I honestly can't see it propelling itself. I just imagine it will wobble on the tail like it's about to fall, with the occassional hop to bring itself back into balance before it does fall over. But I guess that's just speculation on my behalf and we won't know until seeing it in action.

Maaaaaaan I am so sick and tired of arguments over Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino. God, can't we move onto something else...? It's the same points and arguments being repeated over and over.
I've only just become active posting here (haven't followed this thread), so I'm sorry I'm not fulfilling your needs, I didn't realise this thread catered solely to what you want to discuss and nothing else. Also, if you're going to post such a pointless post that's asking to move the topic on, you could at least suggest something new to discuss to make your post not entirely pointless and whiny.

I've only just become active posting here (haven't followed this thread), so I'm sorry I'm not fulfilling your needs, I didn't realise this thread catered solely to what you want to discuss and nothing else. Also, if you're going to post such a pointless post that's asking to move the topic on, you could at least suggest something new to discuss to make your post not entirely pointless and whiny.
I'm not even doing it solely for my needs or whatever; one of the big rules about this forum is that it has to promote discussion. Well... this ISN'T promoting discussion in the slightest. As I said, it's just back and forth, the same things being repeated, we keep going into competitive discussion which is really pushing it for Orange Islands... we even got a warning from the mods about it!
As for what to discuss? There's a fuckton; we've got new contest mechanics, new characters, cosplay Pikachu, shiny Beldum the other three Megas... we just completely ignored the Corocoro full of information we got like... what, three days ago in favour for one little leak of two new Megas that have just had the same main points bounced back and forth back and forth... I dunno, just... something really seems off to me about that. If there's really nothing new to add about Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino, I question why we keep going on about them.

Reactions: PME
I'm not even doing it solely for my needs or whatever; one of the big rules about this forum is that it has to promote discussion. Well... this ISN'T promoting discussion in the slightest. As I said, it's just back and forth, the same things being repeated, we keep going into competitive discussion which is really pushing it for Orange Islands...
I came here to give my opinion on the latest news. I really don't care if you've all spoken about it back and forth, that's your problem, not mine, I'm still allowed to post my thoughts. I'm not stopping people discussing other things.

If ORAS is compatible with XY from the very beginning, I'll send about 50 Rare Candies to the game, and will SR that cosplay Pikachu 'till I have a Hasty, Jolly or [the nature +Spe -SDef] 5 IVs. The only problem is that it'll probably be Static, since LR is HA.

I came here to give my opinion on the latest news. I really don't care if you've all spoken about it back and forth, that's your problem, not mine, I'm still allowed to post my thoughts. I'm not stopping people discussing other things.
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't aimed at you or anyone else in your boat in the slightest. It was more at the people who have been participating in the same back-and-forth discussion the last 3 or so pages.

If ORAS is compatible with XY from the very beginning, I'll send about 50 Rare Candies to the game, and will SR that cosplay Pikachu 'till I have a Hasty, Jolly or [the nature +Spe -SDef] 5 IVs. The only problem is that it'll probably be Static, since LR is HA.
I doubt it won't be compatible; it was only FRLG that pulled that sort of thing and GF realized their mistake ever since. Especially with how much they've made an effort to make Gen 6 connect the world and such.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So, in fact, the question really isn't WHY they're introducing stuff like mega Slowbro and mega Audino in ORAS, rather SHOULD they be doing that? True, they can do whatever they want and we'll always be happy when a pokémon we like gets a mega, but when we look at the big picture, we see they might be overexploiting the mechanic and thus ruining it.
opinions.jpg

Slowbro and Audino deserve a Mega as much as any other not-so-popular, not-so-strong, not-so-common pokémon (Mawile, Kangaskhan, Banette, Houndoom etc). They're simply releasing them now instead of in XY because, well, maybe they simply released a first batch in XY and now are releasing the second one. I kinda doubt they'd only have come up with new Megas the moment after XY was released.

I haven't seen too much discussion on the design of shiny Mega Metagross. Probably because the only noteworthy thing about it is the now-blue X in the middle of its face. I noticed its toes and weird drill beard remained gold, despite the presence of the now blue face X, which irked me a bit. This is probably related to the Mega Form getting a golden face thingy. In that case, why weren't its toes also made golden?

((Would post image but on mobile right now))

Anyway, will that Beldum be the only way to get the Metanite? Will people who miss the event not get a Mega Stone until the presumed X2/Y2/Z, or even Gen-7? Probably; You haven't been able get the same stone twice in one game before, trading notwithstanding, so precedent isn't there.

I doubt it won't be compatible; it was only FRLG that pulled that sort of thing and GF realized their mistake ever since. Especially with how much they've made an effort to make Gen 6 connect the world and such.
I don't think anything significant was added in the previous remakes that might have affected compatibility. Then again, B/W was compatible with B2/W2 (of which I'm pretty sure there were limitations, but I don't know how) despite the new forms the genies got. If I can trade my Mega Stones and competitive pokemon over to ORAS, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I think you're putting too much thought into this the same way I put too much thought into M-Slowbro moving.
I guess you're right. I agree with pretty much everything you and ShadesOfSolomon mentioned. I'd still prefer mega evolutions in ORAS to be more Hoenn-related, but maybe it doesn't take away from the game as much as I thought.

opinions.jpg
Great argument in a thread full of "I love/hate mega xxx's design".

Anyway, will that Beldum be the only way to get the Metanite? Will people who miss the event not get a Mega Stone until the presumed X2/Y2/Z, or even Gen-7? Probably; You haven't been able get the same stone in two games, trading notwithstanding, so precedent isn't there.
I found it pretty weird that they're giving Metanite as an event since they had a perfect opportunity to give us the same Beldum (maybe not shiny) at Steven's house (this raises the question of whether we're getting anything else in there other than the HM Dive). But now that the event is confirmed, it would be weird for us to get another Metanite at Mossdeep. Unless we get a second Metanite somewhere in ORAS or they make another event giving a Metanite before X2/Y2/Z, there really won't be another way. Both are unprecedented, so I guess only time will tell. But we'll probably find Metanite in X2/Y2/Z for some reason, the same way we're getting Blazikenite now in ORAS.

Don't police the discussion dude. It's on topic and not theorymoning. If you don't like it, maybe bring up something & steer the conversation that way instead of just saying "I'm so sick and tired [intensifier...intensifier...intensifier]. Just saying dude, you don't have to be rude about everything.

It'll probably be like the notch-eared Pichu (also appeared in a remake) and not be able to be traded to other games.

I'm hoping for a decently challenging Elite 4. Sydney and Drake rejoice as their pokemon can now utilize their STABS. Dragon was special in R/S/E I think.
Same. Hoping the level cap goes up & they get significantly tougher after the first time as well. Glacia needs a lot of work though. Let's hope she gets an Abomasnow or Aurorus with HA.

You do realize that was only the first part of the argument, right.
Yes, and I think it's plausible. But since I think the first part of it was unnecessary and ironic in a slightly offensive way, it stopped me from just agreeing with you and prompted an ironic reply on my part. Sorry, couldn't help it.

And notice you're saying you doubt GF has come up with the new megas after XY. Given the current facts we know, that seems plausible, but do you have any proofs or is this just... an opinion? But it's okay to have your opinions, share them and try to show why they deserve some credit even though they're just, well, opinions. That's what's we're here for, right?

Anyway, I don't think we should take this discussion any further. You guys have showed me that having lots of "random" megas in ORAS might actually be a good thing and I'm happy I can share your views, even though I personally would have had it a different way.

I doubt it will. Assuming that we stick with RS' 5 man roster (it will probably be 4...) & that the leveling issue is still in play, the e4 will be easier just by virtue of us having better movepools across the board and various so-so pokemon will now have access to evolutions and abilities

I doubt it will. Assuming that we stick with RS' 5 man roster (it will probably be 4...) & that the leveling issue is still in play, the e4 will be easier just by virtue of us having better movepools across the board and various so-so pokemon will now have access to evolutions and abilities
Anybody with a Mega Blaziken or Mega Metagross is probably going to say the game was too easy. Gonna try my best not to use Megas as much as possible.

All these Megas, and the fact that they are in Hoenn, have me thinking that Mega-Evolution is a new paradigm for Pokemon overall. By this I mean that it is probably going to be highly likely that even 'random' trainer battles will have Megas, if not now, in Gen 7.

Clothing might be hinting at even further adjustments to Pokemon too beyond just held items. Though that might be Gen 7 and beyond. . . Could Pokemon be adopting a 'Job Class' like twist with this?

Also this is feeling like more than a remake and more like a combination remake/1.5.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
On the vein of a harder Elite Four, if it's anything like XY, it'll be piss poor easy; however if the CPU from BW/BW2 is brought back, we might actually have to break a sweat, especially if the 5-Pokemon roster returns from RSE.

And notice you're saying you doubt GF has come up with the new megas after XY. Given the current facts we know, that seems plausible, but do you have any proofs or is this just... an opinion? But it's okay to have your opinions, share them and try to show why they deserve some credit even though they're just, well, opinions. That's what's we're here for, right?
As somebody who's a part of the design community, these kinds of comments can get under my skin with little effort. What you're insinuating is that they may have invented and implemented the newly-released megas in-between the release of XY and the announcement time of ORAS. While it's not completely outside the realm of possibility, it would be a weird use of time to have somehow picked another 10-some-odd Pokemon to MEvo, reinvent their stats, create a design, model/rig/animate it and put it into an existing engine that's in the middle of getting translated into a new game. Really, they probably had about 90% of all the technical/artistic work done for all the megas that they're just now revealing and merely had to code them into the games for ORAS as additional content to what Pokemon data was already in XY.

The way GameFreak, and most other game companies actually work, they've more than likely been putting their art and design concept talent to work on Gen7 for the last 9 months while keeping their programmers busy fixing up the games getting ready for launch, which are likely to begin getting shipped out to stores in about 4 weeks.

All these Megas, and the fact that they are in Hoenn, have me thinking that Mega-Evolution is a new paradigm for Pokemon overall. By this I mean that it is probably going to be highly likely that even 'random' trainer battles will have Megas, if not now, in Gen 7.

Clothing might be hinting at even further adjustments to Pokemon too beyond just held items. Though that might be Gen 7 and beyond. . . Could Pokemon be adopting a 'Job Class' like twist with this?

Also this is feeling like more than a remake and more like a combination remake/1.5.
I like the idea of meeting a Cooltrainer who lucked out and found a mega stone for one of their Pokemon. Chances are they'll put more emphasis on treating it like a thing that only a select few people who have been gifted with a keystone for accomplishing a great task can use in-battle.

As for your allusion to Cosplay Pikachu, it feels like the more you look into it, the more it looks like GF's twisted joke at how we assign roles and jobs to Pokemon in the metagame combined with their long-standing mentality that "A good trainer should win with their fevorites".

This will probably happen eventually but for now, no. The games and websites and just all the official statements still brand Mega Evolution as this "mysterious" thing that unlocks the highest forms of power and as such only the most elite of the elite trainers could even begin to fathom using it.

The expectation is that in ORAS megas are only gonna be on specific plot important characters/bosses. However I already have a feeling that more in game characters will have megas than in XY. In XY we had: Korrina, you, Lysandre, Diantha, and rival. And in ORAS we're already at: Lisia, you, Steven. Then it's an assumption (but a very easy one to make) that Archie/Maxie and your rival will also have megas before the game is over. So that's already the same number. and I can easily see there being one or two (or 4... looking at you E4) more. But I don't see it being a feature in random trainer battles for a at least a generation or two (if ever.)

Last edited:

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
And the thing is, the Mega keystones (that's what they're called iirc) are very few and far between. Only the most elite of trainers have even had access to them up to this point and while the Mega stones are in excess, with great power comes great responsibility, as they say. Wielding such great power should only be left up to those who can handle it properly. Youngster Joey won't be Mega evolving his Raticate anytime soon.

This will probably happen eventually but for now, no. The games and websites and just all the official statements still brand Mega Evolution as this "mysterious" thing that unlocks the highest forms of power and as such only the most elite of the elite trainers could even begin to fathom using it.

The expectation is that in ORAS megas are only gonna be on specific plot important characters/bosses. However I already have a feeling that more in game characters will have megas than in XY. In XY we had: Korrina, you, Lysandre, Diantha, and rival. And in ORAS we're already at: Lisia, you, Steven. Then it's an assumption (but a very easy one to make) that Archie/Maxie and your rival will also have megas before the game is over. So that's already the same number. and I can easily see there being a one or two (or 4... loking at you E4) more. But I don't see it being a feature in random trainer battles for a at least a generation or two (if ever.)
Archie & Maxie explicitly do have mega stones. They hide them on the artwork but they're clear as day in the trailer clips of their battle intros (great work there, trailer team)

Though I think counting Lisia is kind of cheating, since we'll probably not battle her and just have to deal with her Mega Altaria in the master contests

Now Wally...

Another thing to keep in mind is that GF explicitly stated there were things they sadly didn't have time to implement. Its very possible megas are one of them.

And the thing is, the Mega keystones (that's what they're called iirc) are very few and far between. Only the most elite of trainers have even had access to them up to this point and while the Mega stones are in excess, with great power comes great responsibility, as they say. Wielding such great power should only be left up to those who can handle it properly. Youngster Joey won't be Mega evolving his Raticate anytime soon.
You're forgetting that nobody is holding Gamefreak to follow it's own rules, or even that it has rules in the first place. They can always recon or change anything about pokemon, just to make things interesting.

Bottom line, holding the story as the reason why we see less opponents with Mega stones is a pretty flimsy reason. After all, meta-wise there are millions of mega rings, just like there are millions of people that play pokemon.

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if the Battle Frontier/Tower/Maison equivalent in ORAS had the Megas start to make appearances. Seems like a natural progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)