omg RMT p-p-please

omg RMT p-p-p-p-p-p-please

After much deliberation and an aweful conclusion i have decided to make a new team well, refurbish it with 4 new pokemon including a new lead, no 2 pokemon are weak to the same type. The team was based on a simple strategy: a lead, a wall or pokemon that wasnt strong enough to be a sweeper, 2 physical sweepers and 2 special sweepers, simple. But the simplest things can cause so much complexion.

key:
sd=specialdefence sa=specialattack s=speed d=defence a=attack
if pokemon has a * next to its name its a shiny, all pokemon are male unless stated.

swampert @ leftovers
ability:torrent
nature:impish
E.V.'s:252hp 160sd 98d
moves:
stealth rock
roar
ice punch
earthquake

This pokemon is great for sweeping and damaging early in the battle, i chose earthquake over stone edge because there's no point in it just being able to take down those flying types icepunch does reasonable damage to gyarados, with earthquake it can take metagross and co. down as well definitely one of the top 5 leads no matter which tier or team its in.

kingcobalt aka kingdra* @ wet rock
ability:swiftswim
nature:modest
E.V.'s:6hp 252a 252s
moves:
raindance
waterfall
dragonpulse
icebeam

This has to be my most consistant pokemon staying in my team since i found out it has suck great everything its fast after raindance its attacking power is solid and its defences arent too shabby plus it has one weakness and most pokemon that are dragon are gonna be owned by ice beam or dragon pulse some people seem to think cause its a water type its sa is better than its a but thats not true kingdra has the same base stat for both, i may change this to azelf considering pretty much all of this team can clean up at the end. Please note that this one is generally used to stop salamence and to clean up.

dusknoir @ leftovers
ability:pressure
nature:brave
E.V.'s:160a 120sd 230hp
moves:
shadowsneak
payback
earthquake/thunderpunch
toxic/will-o-wisp

Dusk-french word for black is mainly uused to be switched in and type coverade for all those pokemon that are gonna be dead or have an uncanny disadvantage because of its godly defences it can switch into anything as long as its not spiritomb why brickbreak? because my team needed some fighting cover why firepunch? same reason put for fire, could someone help me pick between the two dark types.

scizor @ occa berry/life orb
ability:technician
nature:adamant
E.V.'s:200a 60sd 40d 210hp
moves:
bullet punch
roost/brickbreak
bug bite
swords dance

This pokemon has the uncanny ability to destroy teams with the weakest of moves if you need a pokemon that makes the most of its resources this will not fail to please shame about the 4x weakness though this was the pokemon that decided bronzongs ability with moves having 40 power now doing 140 my opponent does shout OMG! when he gets OHKO'd by a bullet punch.

porygon-z @ leftovers
ability:adaptability
E.V.'s:252sa 220hp 38d
moves:
agility
tri attack
thunderbolt
psychic/hidden power fighting

After an agility this can literetly take down anything in 1 max 2[if they have a sash]moves with with a stabbed tri attack this one will really pack a punch, fast. Nice pic as well.

And thus we come to my final, balistic pokemon.

zapdos @ life orb
E.V.'s:252sa 252s 6d
moves:
thunderbolt
heatwave
hidden power ice
roost

There's no joking with this pokemon it pretty much covers all its weaknesses with heatwave and hiddenpower and has a thunderbolt for pure power but as your best friend can become your worst enemy roost can be costly if i've already used it once, earthquake will probably be used as an interception so zapdos can be used later in the game if needs be, and well you get the picture.

credits:

special thanks to deviantart for all the cool pics.

special thanks to marriland for the d/p team builder.

special thanks to psypokes for the hidden power calculator.

special thanks to smogon for the stategy guide.

Fin

First fix all your evs. 4evs = 1 stat point having 201 evs is the same as 200 evs. If e-vire is your main sweeper get rid of the def evs and add them into speed so e-vire can actually outspeed stuff. replace brine with hydro pump on kingdra, brine is only 130 base if the opponent is <50%. I suggest removing drill peck for brave bird since drill peck doesnt do that much. Most of the changes are explained in more detail on smogon's moveset pages.

Your team hasn't really been built with the team in mind; there's no real synergy between any of the members.

Kingdra is the only person on your team using Rain Dance well (Porygon-Z is just as good with Thunderbolt rather than Thunder).

Aerodactyl should not have Fly; that's only of niche use on one set, the PressureStall set. The Leadactyl should have Rock Slide/Stone Edge, Taunt, Earthquake, and Stealth Rock.

Electivire should have Cross Chop rather than Brick Break, and the Mixvire set is FAR more effective than the pure physical set; Thunderbolt does more damage than Thunderpunch even on the physical set.

In general, your team doesn't have a way to actually answer your opponent's plays. It seems more like you've taken a bunch of individual pokemon you like, and not really thought about their interactions together, or the interactions between them and the metagame.

I'd start over, with a clearer plan in mind for what you actually want your team to do.

1. Give Scizor a Choice Band and the moves Bug Bite/U-Turn and Superpower instead of Double Hit and Tailwind. Tailwind might be a nice speed boost, but it's kinda useless as it only lasts 3 turns.

2. Use Heracross instead of Hariyama, as it as Guts too, Better Attack and Speed, and wrecks things with Stone Edge, Megahorn, Close Combat and Night Slash. You may remove one of the non-STAB moves for Swords Dance, but it will have problems with set-up.

3. Chople Berry doesn't help your Porygon-Z that much. Consider using Expert Belt/Life Orb for more damage. Also, you can make it a switch-in after losing a pokemon with a Choice Scarf and the moves Tri Attack, T-Bolt, Ice Beam and Hidden Power Fighting.

I apologise, but I'm still trying to decide what it is your team is trying to accomplish. To that end, my rate may not be as thorough as normal.

lead:huggles aka bronzong @ leftovers
ability:heatproof
nature:lonely
E.V.'s:120sd 120d 252a
moves:
gyro ball
explosion
stealth rock
earthquake

My former leads were skarmory and aerodactyl but i wanted a pokemon as well not just a lead this one has 2 attacks unlike skar and can take more than 2 hits unlike sash'd aero, i had to make this one at the end because what ability i could give it theres no point me giving it levitate and my teams major weakness is fire.
I question your nature and ability on Bronzong. Levitate and Sassy nature are much more suited to Zong. I also suggest putting those attack EV's into HP to give Zong more survivability, which allows you to deal more damage before you go boom.

kingcobalt aka kingdra* @ wet rock
ability:swiftswim
nature:serious
E.V.'s:6s 252a 252sa
moves:
raindance
waterfall
dragonpulse
icebeam

This has to be my most consistant pokemon staying in my team since i found out it has suck great everything its fast after raindance its attacking power is solid and its defences arent too shabby plus it has one weakness and most pokemon that are dragon are gonna be owned by ice beam or dragon pulse some people seem to think cause its a water type its sa is better than its a but thats not true kingdra has the same base stat for both.
Your nature is severely lacking. I recommend Naive nature or perhaps even a Rash/Mild nature. You can increase damage output if you go with rash/mild and you let Kingdra outspeed even more Pokemon with Naive.

dusknoir @ leftovers
nature:lonely
E.V.'s:252a 252sd
moves:
brickbreak
suckerpunch/payback
earthquake
firepunch

Dusk-french word for black is mainly uused to be switched in and type coverade for all those pokemon that are gonna be dead or have an uncanny disadvantage because of its godly defences it can switch into anything as long as its not spiritomb why brickbreak? because my team needed some fighting cover why firepunch? same reason put for fire, could someone help me pick between the two dark types.
Actually, the French word for black is Noir. Your nature goes contrary to what Dusknoir is. So I suggest Impish or Adamant Nature on Dusknoir. Payback is a better option over Sucker Punch in my opinion. I also think you should change Brick Break to Shadow Sneak and maybe fit Toxic in somewhere (Either Earthquake or Fire Punch). I also recommend that you run 252 HP EV's, 148 DEF and 110 SPD. Dusknoir needs all the durability it can get and the EV's you have listed do not add much to it. Shadow Sneak gets STAB and can help you with, what I see as, a major problem with DD Pokemon. Most notably Gyarados and Salamence.

scizor @ life orb
ability:technician
nature:adamant
E.V.'s:252a 252s
moves:
bullet punch
roost
bug bite
swords dance

This pokemon has the uncanny ability to destroy teams with the weakest of moves if you need a pokemon that makes the most of its resources this will not fail to please shame about the 4x weakness though this was the pokemon that decided bronzongs ability with moves having 40 power now doing 140 my opponent does shout OMG! when he gets OHKO'd by a bullet punch.
Scizor is great with Swords Dance. I think you should use X-Scissor over Bug Bite and I think you should run about 100 HP EV's to let Scizor survive more and give more time to sweep before it goes down.

porygon-z @ jacoba berry
ability:adaptability
E.V.'s:252sa 220s 38d
moves:
nasty plot
tri attack
thunderbolt
psychic

After 2 nasty plots this can literetly take down anything in 1 max 2[if they have a sash]moves with the boost of jacoba berry it can revenge kill the fighting type that hurt it with a psychic or tri attack.
No respecting opponent will let you get 2 Nasty Plots in. Also, your Porygon-Z should have HP Fighting over Psychic. Why would you keep Porygon-Z in on something like Lucario or Machamp, who would probably OHKO with their respective STAB Close Combat or Dynamic Punch? I think you should run 252 SPA and SPE EV's with 6 in HP. I also think you should run leftovers or Life Orb instead of Jaboca Berry, since it probably won't help you that much.

zapdos @ life orb
E.V.'s:252sa 252s
moves:
thunderbolt
heatwave
hidden power grass
roost

There's no joking with this pokemon it pretty much covers all its weaknesses with heatwave and hiddenpower and has a thunderbolt for pure power but as your best friend can become your worst enemy roost can be costly if i've already used it one earthquake, and well you get the picture.
I think this Zapdos can be slightly better. For a beginner, put those last 6 EV's in Defence. I also think you should consider HP Ice, which allows you to KO Dragons, which are far more problematic than Rock Pokemon.
All in all, a solid DDMence or Gyarados could sweep this team. Under normal circumstances, I would recommend the usage of a Choice Scarf, however, I am unable to determine the reason why you refuse to have Choice Items. So, I cannot give you a good way to reasonably counter the said Pokemon.

Just use Will-o-Wisp/ Thunder Punch/ Rest/ Sleep Talk on Dusknoir if you feel you are really that weak to DD Gyarados. Scizor should be able to take out a weakened Mence after a bit of prior damage, thats if he was holding a choice band. I guess you could lure Mence into an outrage with Kingdra and go to Brongzong if need be

also run levitate and sassy on Brongzong but everyone has said that already.

to be honest it's not really a great team, an overhaul would be needed to make it any better. sorry

the reason why i dont use choioce items is that im bored of switching everytime i want to use a different move and that could hurt considering i dont have a rapid spinner in my team
i only use fire punch on dusk noir because i needed a physical fire type move and i only wanted bronzong to have that ability because scizor is 4x weak against fire but im thinking of changing zong to a swampert but thanks for the advice keep it coming

I'm with you with not liking the choice items but when it boils to it, it may not be such a band thing to consider at least one. Any way, I'm for replacing bronzong with a swampert lead since he could aborb the fire attacks on scizor and can set up rocks. I don't see why you need a physical fire move so i also support thunder punch on dusknoir as it hits more of your problem pokemon.

hope this helps!

Physically offensive Kingdra is a much more effective option, also the rest of your team gets no real help from Rain Dance so I would go with Dragon Dance.

Kingdra@life orb/lum berry
Swift Swim
Jolly/Adamant
-DDance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Draco Meteor/Yawn/Substitute

About the last move:
Draco Meteor for immediate power, sub to prevent status and allow for more dances, yawn can also force switches to allow more dances.

substitue sounds a good idea but if i kept raindace what would be my options for my other pokemon? maybe i could add a toxicroak its unusual but has great attaccking prowess but it doesnt really cover any other pokemon but maybe it could be used to finish off my oppponent, hmm

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Why do Bronzong and Dusknoir have Lonely natures? Lonely nature decreases Defense. You don't want your Bronzong and Dusknoir to have lowered Defenses, do you? No, you want them to have high Defense.
So change Bronzong's Nature to Relaxed and Dusknoir's to Impish.

Also, Bronzong doesn't have enough EVs. Bronzong doesn't have 510 EVs. It only has 492. Where are the other 18 EVs? There is already a Bronzong analysis on Smogon which tells you where EVs should go. Checking the analysis for advice on EVs, natures, and moves is something all new players should do. For instance, the first set on that page seems most similar to yours - with 252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD and a SASSY nature (not Brave)

You should do this for many other members of your team. For instance, Scizor, Dusknoir, and Porygon-Z all have really weird EV spreads that don't make any sense.

Using both U-Turn and Swords Dance on Scizor is a terrible idea. Why would you spend the time boosting your Attack and then throw it all away when you switch with U-Turn? If you like U-Turn, use Choice Band Scizor. If you like Swords Dance, use Bug Bite, which is way stronger than U-Turn/

Yes what aragonbird said, you might want to revamp all your pokemons EVS into regular ones on the analysis page, Unless you have a reason to use these odd EV saids you should explain it which you didn't.

Your team hasn't really been built with the team in mind; there's no real synergy between any of the members.

In general, your team doesn't have a way to actually answer your opponent's plays. It seems more like you've taken a bunch of individual pokemon you like, and not really thought about their interactions together, or the interactions between them and the metagame.

I'd start over, with a clearer plan in mind for what you actually want your team to do.
^ This.

One look at this team, and I can see that this team is somewhat lucario weak, since you don't have anything that REALLY threatens him.. Another weakness I would like to point out is its GAPING stall weakness... And once DD Mence / DD Gyara gets at least 1 DD, you can kiss your ass good-bye and say GG, since it practically outspeeds almost everything on your team.

If you plan to continue using some of your favorite Pokemon, might as well help you, I guess... So you don't get 6-0'ed or at least get 4-0'ed....

*Note: This is a RMT (Rate My Team), not BMT (Build My Team). So I will only give suggestions about what needs to be changed and not specific sets, since I have no idea what your initial strategy is....

For Zong, might I suggest to replace him with a different lead? ATM, he is the most useless Pokemon on your team, functioning as Death Fodder, and perhaps becoming Gyara set-up fodder (and the only way to hurt him is to explode, but your nature is a negative nature towards Def, and Gyara's Intimidate will weaken his Explosion). Final burn: you need a new lead.

RD Kingdra? On a team that doesn't support RD? WTF? You need to change this set. Kingdra is crying out for DD as well as Life Orb, and EV's + Nature geared towards his physical sweeping potential. Final burn: you need to patch him up if you want to use him as a end-game sweeper.

Dusknoir? Without WOW? With WOW, you will be able to cut down most of the metagame's physical sweepers, i.e. Gyara and Mence, as well as Scizor... Just to mention a few... But IMO, Rotom-A can function better than Dusky... Final burn: he needs to be patched up as well... Or replaced... And if you want to replace him, may I suggest a.... Wait... I have no idea what your strategy is.... So I can't suggest a specific Pokemon / set.... Sorry...

Scizor looks good at a glance... But looking at the EV's, he needs some changes... If you want him to be bulky, give him this EV spread: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 176 SpD / 4 Spe, or somewhere along those lines... If you want him to effectively counter Latias, give him this spread: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD, or somewhere along those lines.... If you want him to absolutely rape with priority, give him this spread: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 168 Spe, or somewhere... You get the idea... And Scizor's moveset depends on the EV spread. If you want to use your current set, may I suggest:
Scizor @ LO
Adamant, 72 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 168 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Bullet Punch
~ Quick Attack
~ Bug Bite
This set abuses Double Priority, just for you to effectively hit Infernape better and the others that totally wall the Bulky SD set. Bug Bite is for bulky waters. BP is obvious for rampage. Quick Attack is the other priority move, used to deal with Infernape and Gyarados (although that would be stupid to stay in and become set-up fodder). This is just a suggestion, but I don't recommend it since I am practically giving a team overhaul... Kinda... So... Yea...

Z's EV spread is iffy... You want him to be as fast as possible while giving him the most power as possible... Those Def EV's need to be moved to HP or something... A suggested EV spread is: Modest 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe (iirc Smogon Standard?) with Agility to outspeed Base 90 speed Pokemon (iirc, I may be wrong) after a speed boost. You don't need Nasty Plot IMO, since it already hits most Pokemon for at least neutral damage.

teh demon said:
There's no joking with this pokemon it pretty much covers all its weaknesses with heatwave and hiddenpower and has a thunderbolt for pure power but as your best friend can become your worst enemy roost can be costly if i've already used it one earthquake, and well you get the picture.
An offensive Zapdos geared towards absorbing your team's weaknesses? No... No... Try again... Fix your EV's... Max HP for bulk, and put the majority of the leftovers in either Def or SpDef depending on what you want to cover on the spectrum, and put the remainders of that into Spd.... Yea.....

Conclusional burn: this team just got an overhaul... Kinda... I didn't do it on purpose... I was just trying to convince you to go back to the drawing board and recreate your team... As of right now, I wouldn't be surprised if you got 6-0'ed at least 8/10 times... Seriously... That's how bad this team is... What your team basically does is fight in a "every man for himself" style.

Sorry for being such a douche... But you wanted a harsh rate like you requested in your PM... I wish I could have give an even more thorough rate, but I had no clue what your team strategy is... Therefore I can't suggest anything... Since what I suggest might not be your style of play... Personally, I play stall and bulky offense, so what I suggest might not fit your team's strategy (i.e. you might prefer hyper offensive etc.). Hope I helped. And when you some around with a new team in a couple of weeks, hit me up. Or if you finish a little early, post an RMT on Marriland and PM me here and I will some over to Marriland and rate it.

KTHXBAI ~ :heart:

i dont care how many times ddmence uses dd my kingdra will be there to put it back in its place after a friendly rain dance and then a nice little ice beam and if ddmence were to be the lead well swampert with roar and then when it comes back a stealth rock and zapdos is pretty much trained to kill gyarados and salamence all of these pokemon happen to be weak against sr

Just a note, you will not have two turns to attack with Kingdra. DDMence will OHKO with Outrage on your Kingdra, thus greatly reducing your chance of victory. When you switch it in as it DD's, you use Rain Dance and then get OHKOd by Outrage.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
But a Salamence would NEVER ever switch into a Kingdra.

And you still haven't even fixed your EVs yet.

First off, you need to understand that you should use something useful even if you "don't like it". Choice scarf pokemon are one of the few reliable ways to take down Dragon Dancers like Salamence and Gyarados. As it stands, if a Salamence switches in on any pokemon except Kingdra or Swampert, it can then Dragon Dance and kill the rest of your team. Kingdra CANNOT counter Salamence, because if you switch into it on the Dragon Dance, you get OHKOed by Outrage before you can move. On many of your sets you are using Wrong Natures or Not all of your Available EVs.

i dont care how many times ddmence uses dd my kingdra will be there to put it back in its place after a friendly rain dance and then a nice little ice beam and if ddmence were to be the lead well swampert with roar and then when it comes back a stealth rock and zapdos is pretty much trained to kill gyarados and salamence all of these pokemon happen to be weak against sr
Really now? You just made yourself look like an idiot. After a DD, mence outspeeds you anyways and OHKO with outrage before kingdra can even do his little dance for some rain. And after 2 dd's, it basically outspeeds 85% of your team as well as OHKO over 50% of your team. After 3 dd's might as well say GG. SO YOUR TELLING ME YOU DONT CARE HOW MANY TIMES MENCE DD's?

Pffttt. Please. And dd mence wont be a lead, i'll tell you that much. And you dont have swampert on your team iirc. You had zong as lead, that carries heatproof. Even if ddmence was lead, it would be able to 2hko zong as he sets up sr.

Yes zapdos does threaten mence and gyara. Mence and gyara are weak to sr. But dont forget that zappy is in the same boat as well. So if the opponent decides to bust out roar latias on zapdos, then i will QFT you about the part being sr weak.

Edit: nvm. You have pert. Replace Eq with stone edge to deal with gyara. And fyi, your teams isnt even stall in the first place.

i just said the stuff about kingdra because everyone was telling me i couldnt counter dd setup which is true which is why im rebuilding a team and this ones built to take my opponent down the nice and easy way anyway since i cant post a new rmt in about a week ill post my new team on new years day. any suggestions for dd counters anyone?

Yes. That is exactly what is being said. You need a CBZor to reliably take DDMence out. Scarf on PZ can work and if you do such a thing, change Agility for Ice Beam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)