Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Thundurus's Dex analysis has Hidden Power Flying on the first slash over Hidden Power Ice (on the Nasty Plot set). What does it hit except Mega Venusaur ? (Amoonguss, Celebi, etc. are hit just as hard with HP Ice although HP Flying has STAB but HP Ice has better coverage)

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Thundurus's Dex analysis has Hidden Power Flying on the first slash over Hidden Power Ice (on the Nasty Plot set). What does it hit except Mega Venusaur ? (Amoonguss, Celebi, etc. are hit just as hard with HP Ice although HP Flying has STAB but HP Ice has better coverage)
You kinda answered your own question there. If you're having trouble with Mega Venusaur, run HP Flying, otherwise, HP Ice is the HP you should be using.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As Dr Ciel mentioned, it really only hits Mega Venusaur, but keep in mind that Thundurus's current dex analysis is outdated and was written at a time where Mega Venusaur was an extremely dominant threat, and HP Ice is generally better nowadays even on Nasty Plot sets.

As Dr Ciel mentioned, it really only hits Mega Venusaur, but keep in mind that Thundurus's current dex analysis is outdated and was written at a time where Mega Venusaur was an extremely dominant threat, and HP Ice is generally better nowadays even on Nasty Plot sets.
Wait doesn't it get psychic?

With the latest baton pass nerf is blaziken still ban worthy IIRC his biggest advantage in gen 6 was his to lol past counters with baton pass

With the latest baton pass nerf is blaziken still ban worthy IIRC his biggest advantage in gen 6 was his to lol past counters with baton pass
Probably not. The Life Orb set alone is enough to wreck teams after a speed boost, and if it gets a Swords Dance boost it's nearly impossible to deal with. There is a tourney where they are randomly going to unban 1 Uber every round, and if Blaziken proves to be underwhelming it could be retested, bur at least on paper it's still a monster.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, I meant "Probably not" as "Probably not getting out of Ubers". Upon rereading my answer I realized that the explanation technically contradicts the answer I gave

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I disagree about Shaymin being outclassed by Celebi. They have different typings for different switch-in opportunities, plus Shaymin is better at running offensive sets since its STAB move doesn't cause a Special Attack drop and has a chance to let it BS pass some bulker checks with its 40% chance to lower Special Defense by 2 stages.

It does face competition from Serperior, though its higher bulk, the Natural Cure and Rest combination, stronger coverage options in Air Slash and Earth Power, and Healing Wish give it a niche to justify using it.

Can somebody give me some movelist that were run when Mega Mawile was still OU? Thanks.
You could also run the Sub + focus punch set which was used to lure things like heatran, as well as less common stuff like fire fang, knock off, and huge power foul play.

I agree with you completely. The coverage moves it has over Serperior are certainly enough to justify its use and Celebi imo isn't better than Shaymin purely by typing and choices in STAB.

Why was Shaymin so low in the first place?
It's true that Shaymin isn't 100% outclassed by anything, hence why it has a real rank and not the "Excellent" rank. However, Serperior is capable of getting out of hand a lot faster than Shaymin while sporting a better speed tier, giving Serperior the edge as the Grass Spammer of OU for the most part. Celebi has similar issues, but Celebi makes up for it with Nasty Plot, which lets it boost its Special Attack, and Baton Pass, giving it a huge utility edge over Shaymin.

If someone here has used Shaymin, I would like to know others tend to use it since I've never really used it, but as far as I can tell, Shaymin is really only needed when you need a strong Grass attack with a lot of immediate power (with 40% chance to hax your way through targets), a status absorber, or if you need Celebi's offensive movepool + mono-grass typing with Natural Cure. It isn't without use, but those uses are arguably pretty narrow.

what is stealth rock gliscor set
This is the set I've been using. 56 spe with jolly is used to outspeed + natured base 70 pokemon like bisharp and breloom. Stone edge to beat Talonflame.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)