Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

After a nasty plot, very few pokemon in the tier can safely switch in. Even Specialy bulky mantine risks the 2hko after rocks. He also has good speed for PU and near perfect coverage with water/grass/ice (Grass knot will hit most pokemons of the tier with at least 80 base power)

Just a calc to show you the thing
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Simipour Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Togetic: 195-231 (62.1 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Why are Flareon and Glaceon in PU?????
Speed and bulk, mostly. They both have huge power, but their low speed prevents them from sweeping, and they aren't bulky enough to take a lot of hits before firing off their nukes. Shallow offensive movepools are also a hindrance.

In an attempt to get focused discussion, I'm going to not stop people from talking about what they want to, but encourage discussion towards a particular type of Pokemon every so often. This makes it more focused so that we can talk about the dominance of some Pokemon-types and how that type as a whole is in the metagame. We can also talk about the viable Pokemon of that type and what roles they fulfll on teams, and Pokemon that work well paired with them.

The first type is the Water-type, since it appears to be a popular type in the metagame. Some common Water-types include Carracosta, Barbaracle, Poliwrath, and Mantine, but check out the preliminary viability rankings for ideas!

In an attempt to get focused discussion, I'm going to not stop people from talking about what they want to, but encourage discussion towards a particular type of Pokemon every so often. This makes it more focused so that we can talk about the dominance of some Pokemon-types and how that type as a whole is in the metagame. We can also talk about the viable Pokemon of that type and what roles they fulfll on teams, and Pokemon that work well paired with them.

The first type is the Water-type, since it appears to be a popular type in the metagame. Some common Water-types include Carracosta, Barbaracle, Poliwrath, and Mantine, but check out the preliminary viability rankings for ideas!
Ok, but why Types?

Poliwrath is the main Water-type in PU, just for Sneasel; but him can be pretty good outside of that, Sub Punch is hard to switch into if you can handle Gour with another mon; Defensive sets can destroy many dangerous sweepers like the shell smasher and i even see a specs set, pretty weak, but can take off guard some of her own checks.

Carracosta is one of the best sweeper in the tier, with a nice 88 base special attack him can go mixed, Sturdy and Solid Rock are awesome abillitys for a set up sweeper. If wasn't for his abismal speed stat he would be much better (base +114 can outspeed a +2 Naive Carracosta).

Barbaracle is a speedy Carracosta, with a bit less powerfull Stone Edge, bad special stat, no priority and a bad main stab in... Shell Blade. A trully good mon, but disappointing.

The defog users are similar and different at the same time, Mantiene has better special bulk than Peli, and Magic Coat, but for some reason him does not learn Roost. Swanna is the premier offensive defogger in the tier, STAB Hurricane hit pretty hard, poorly she does not get Hydro Pump.

For me, Wartortle and Avalugg are trash, the same level of trash, Wartotle has better type, special bulk, Foresight and Scald; but the lack of recovery make the hazard damage permanent (Ava has Recover and Leftovers), is a set up fodder (Haze is a one time use and Yawn can be played around easily, meanwhile Ava learns Roar).

I has no experience with Seadra and i cannot see her niche, why is him ranked? o:

Types is because it's a decent way to cover a fair amount of Pokemon at a time without being too much that discussion is scattered, or too little that everything gets covered too soon. Nice post by the way!

sneasel <3 (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Toxic
Here's a set I've been messing around with. While we're on Water-types, I figured it's the perfect time to post it! A common complaint I've seen from people discussing Poliwrath is its inability to beat Gourgeist, this set aims to change this. Substitute shields it from Leech Seed / Will-O-Wisp, while Toxic is the main new thing of this set. Toxic cripples Gourgeist and it's only a matter of time before it fades away when Poliwrath can come back in do some havoc. Allow me to explain the EVs - 188 HP hits a perfect Leftovers number, running 252 does as well, but I wanted to Speed creep. 252 Attack + Adamant is for maximum power, Poliwrath's not exactly that strong. 28 Speed is for said Speed creep to smack around opposing Poliwrath with Toxic as well, outspeeding them before they can set up a Substitute. 40 Defense EVs are the remaining EVs for a bit of more Defense. This set counters Sneasel naturally and does wonders versus like everything. Toxic messes up so much stuff it's not even funny. Very cool set, go try it out!

I finally peak #1, GG dudes c:
Some impressions:
I was testing Tauros, a great mon (possible rank A+ or even S); Fire Blast is decent at least, can 2HKO Physically defensive Gour-Super with rocks up (but the special version is better and more common), the last slot is just a filler anyway.

LO Rapidash with Morning sun is pretty cool, a good counter for Gour and has good coverage (FB, Wild Charge and Low Kick hit super efective more than half tier).

Sub LO Chatot with Stabs and HP Fight is hard to deal with, die fast but can create many holes, and also is hard to revenge kill and chatter can be annoying as hell.
Yeah, Tauros is fking good in this tier, it causes me huge troubles; good defences, one of the highest Speed in this tier and not bad Attack, whit Sheer Force is a beast, like Bouffalant, H Charge+Reckless OHKO everything.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor

Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Toxic
Here's a set I've been messing around with. While we're on Water-types, I figured it's the perfect time to post it! A common complaint I've seen from people discussing Poliwrath is its inability to beat Gourgeist, this set aims to change this. Substitute shields it from Leech Seed / Will-O-Wisp, while Toxic is the main new thing of this set. Toxic cripples Gourgeist and it's only a matter of time before it fades away when Poliwrath can come back in do some havoc. Allow me to explain the EVs - 188 HP hits a perfect Leftovers number, running 252 does as well, but I wanted to Speed creep. 252 Attack + Adamant is for maximum power, Poliwrath's not exactly that strong. 28 Speed is for said Speed creep to smack around opposing Poliwrath with Toxic as well, outspeeding them before they can set up a Substitute. 40 Defense EVs are the remaining EVs for a bit of more Defense. This set counters Sneasel naturally and does wonders versus like everything. Toxic messes up so much stuff it's not even funny. Very cool set, go try it out!
Little nitpick: You have to run 192 HP EVs rather than 188 to hit a Leftovers number, for a Leftovers number is a number dividable by 16 +1, so for example 160 isn't a Leftovers number, but rather, 161 is. I also like to run 60 speed on it to creep on max speed neutral nature Golem and Marowak, and probably some other things as well. Another mention goes to Encore, which you can run over Toxic to ensure safe setup vs certain threats. It's a pretty great set.

Little nitpick: You have to run 192 HP EVs rather than 188 to hit a Leftovers number, for a Leftovers number is a number dividable by 16 +1, so for example 160 isn't a Leftovers number, but rather, 161 is. I also like to run 60 speed on it to creep on max speed neutral nature Golem and Marowak, and probably some other things as well. Another mention goes to Encore, which you can run over Toxic to ensure safe setup vs certain threats. It's a pretty great set.
Poiwrath is a very good Pokemon in this tier IMO, his typing is perfect for the Sneasel spam and the SubPunch is a pretty good set. High Defences, good Attack and enought Speed makes him a problem if you set the Sub. Another good set is the ResTalk Circle Throw Bulk Up, it trolls the Stallbreakers and it hits pretty hard. Gourgeist has immunity to those two sets, but Ice Punch can deal decent damage(sacrifing Toxic); and if you don't carry a Fire Mon that can OHKO him Ice Punch is way better than Toxic.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Poiwrath is a very good Pokemon in this tier IMO, his typing is perfect for the Sneasel spam and the SubPunch is a pretty good set. High Defences, good Attack and enought Speed makes him a problem if you set the Sub. Another good set is the ResTalk Circle Throw Bulk Up, it trolls the Stallbreakers and it hits pretty hard. Gourgeist has immunity to those two sets, but Ice Punch can deal decent damage(sacrifing Toxic); and if you don't carry a Fire Mon that can OHKO him Ice Punch is way better than Toxic.
I disagree with running ice punch, both toxic and encore are much better suggestions, as encore lets you set up substitutes much more, and toxic actually does something to gourgeist:

252+ Atk Poliwrath Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 90-108 (24 - 28.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

That isnt much considering how it can easily pain split to get to full, whilst toxic stays with it the whole game and prevents it from staying it for long times.

Another water type i have been seeing is:
. It is pu's only defog-er nuetral to rocks, but that isn't niche enough to use it over swanna (or any other) who is faster, stronger and can hit grass types.

Also as a side note, people need to stop using air slash swanna, hurricane is so much better:
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 447-530 (119.5 - 141.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 307-361 (82 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Hurricane vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Purugly: 273-321 (96.1 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Hurricane vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Poliwrath: 390-460 (105.6 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Air Slash vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Poliwrath: 265-315 (71.8 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I know the accuracy is annoying but the reward is so much greater than the risk

I disagree with running ice punch, both toxic and encore are much better suggestions, as encore lets you set up substitutes much more, and toxic actually does something to gourgeist:

252+ Atk Poliwrath Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 90-108 (24 - 28.8%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

That isnt much considering how it can easily pain split to get to full, whilst toxic stays with it the whole game and prevents it from staying it for long times.

Another water type i have been seeing is:
. It is pu's only defog-er nuetral to rocks, but that isn't niche enough to use it over swanna (or any other) who is faster, stronger and can hit grass types.

Also as a side note, people need to stop using air slash swanna, hurricane is so much better:
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 447-530 (119.5 - 141.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gourgeist-Super: 307-361 (82 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Hurricane vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Purugly: 273-321 (96.1 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Hurricane vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Poliwrath: 390-460 (105.6 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Air Slash vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Poliwrath: 265-315 (71.8 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I know the accuracy is annoying but the reward is so much greater than the risk
Sure Ice Punch isn't the best option, but if u haven't things to kill Gourgeist-Super the Toxic won't be so useful, your opponent can switch. Ok, he can switch while you are using Ice Punch, but a Focus Punch is powerful, so if he want to switch you have only to kill his poke whit Focus Punch.

So how "official" is this tier? It's not up with the other official tiers on the Showdown list, but it's not a MotM, right?

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
So how "official" is this tier? It's not up with the other official tiers on the Showdown list, but it's not a MotM, right?
It's unofficially official. It isn't a real tier like NU or RU is, with a council and everything, yet it is real enough to get a full ladder on the server. It is a good OM because it's easier to play on 3ds. All you really need to do is find the usage stats. So it's not an official tier, yet it is an official OtherMeta

Edit: also, it has it's own ranking list on the server, so that's gotta say something.

Since people were talking about water types, I would like to bring up the best defogger in my opinion, Pelipper.

Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
IVs: 0 Atk
Scald / Roost / Defog / Air Slash

Pelipper has a great support movepool and a good defensive typing to check / counter some of the toughest physical attackers in PU right now. It gets assess to Scald which burns 100% 30% of the time which can cripple physical attackers and make it easier for the rest of the team. Some of the Pokemon it checks or counters includes, Sneasel, Poliwrath, Marowak, Scyther and others. I think that Pelipper may be underrated at the moment as it is barely used by anyone so far and I feel that Pelipper is pretty damn good and should be used way more than it has.

#pelippernation

Since people were talking about water types, I would like to bring up the best defogger in my opinion, Pelipper.

Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SAtk
IVs: 0 Atk
Scald / Roost / Defog / Air Slash

Pelipper has a great support movepool and a good defensive typing to check / counter some of the toughest physical attackers in PU right now. It gets assess to Scald which burns 100% 30% of the time which can cripple physical attackers and make it easier for the rest of the team. Some of the Pokemon it checks or counters includes, Sneasel, Poliwrath, Marowak, Scyther and others. I think that Pelipper may be underrated at the moment as it is barely used by anyone so far and I feel that Pelipper is pretty damn good and should be used way more than it has.

#pelippernation
Pelipper is cool, I dind't know it was PU, great Defence, low HP but it takes hits,
252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pelipper: 121-142 (37.3 - 43.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery.
If you count that Sneasel is one of the best phisical attacker that thing is amazing, I fought one and if my Klang didn't have Wild Charge it could stop him easy.

Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Toxic
I've always run Encore on Subpunch Poliwrath and never really thought about running Toxic, but Toxic actually seems really good on it although not for the reason most people are saying. While Poliwrath is the best counter to one of the two S rank Pokemon, it's complete bait for the other one, Musharna. Toxic really helps wear Musharna down to the point where it doesn't wall 90% of the metagame anymore, which is useful for this set as Poliwrath is completely and utterly walled by Musharna. However, it isn't all that useful since some Musharna carry Heal Bell, and using Toxic on Musharna will poison your Poliwrath as well, meaning that if your opponent has something like a Sneasel or a Carracosta using Toxic against the opposing Musharna can really backfire. Nonetheless, it is a pretty decent way to lure in and cripple the fattest mon in the tier (As well as the fact that it hits Gourgeist), so it still seems pretty useful.

Speaking of Musharna, a core that seems really good on paper is Sneasel + Pivot Musharna. Most of Sneasel's very few counters are completely walled by Musharna (other than Knock Off Throh but Poliwrath is both much better and more common), and the fact that pivot Musharna is exceedingly difficult to break, especially since almost everything that can beat it absolutely hates paralysis. Not only does Musharna wall just about every switch-in to Sneasel, but it gives it many more opportunities to come in and wreak havoc with its slow Baton Pass. Overall, not only are these two the two best mons in the tier, but they annihilate each other's counters and give each other opportunities to switch in almost completely for free and be their dominant selves.

Found out this very interesting set,

Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt/Superpower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

This is the best lead in pu why? because it basically beats every other lead
-Taunt stops all hazards from going up
-HP grass with moldbreaker OHKO's 0 def Carracosta and Golem while it deals enough damage to Solid rock Carracosta for Aqua jet to kill.
-Aqua Jet Great priority move helps with sashed pokes and solid rock Carracosta
-Ice beam to nail the grass types such as Tangela or Leavanny

some calcs:

108 SpA Life Orb Basculin Hidden Power Grass vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Golem: 302-359 (100 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
108 SpA Life Orb Basculin Hidden Power Grass vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Carracosta: 302-359 (104.1 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

108 SpA Life Orb Basculin Hidden Power Grass vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta: 226-269 (77.9 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

148 Atk Life Orb Basculin Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Carracosta: 48-58 (16.5 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO

108 SpA Life Orb Basculin Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Tangela: 216-255 (79.7 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

148 Atk Life Orb Basculin Superpower vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Bastiodon: 312-369 (96.5 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

it's also possible to run more SpA evs to have a higher chance of OHKO'ing Tangela after SR

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-160764112

Last edited:
One thing that I've been using lately is a bulky Analytic Beheeyem

Beheeyem @ Assault Vest
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball

This thing is able to take hits from some of the top threats while being able to OHKO them back thanks to Analytic. Unfortunately, Tauros is able to 2HKO and it's complete setup bait for Musharna but other than that it's been pretty solid for me so far.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Golem Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Beheeyem: 147-174 (41.5 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Analytic Beheeyem Energy Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Golem: 580-684 (192 - 226.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Sneasel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Beheeyem: 289-343 (81.6 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Analytic Beheeyem Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sneasel: 348-412 (138.6 - 164.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Poliwrath Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Beheeyem: 102-120 (28.8 - 33.8%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO
4 SpA Analytic Beheeyem Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Poliwrath: 284-336 (73.9 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Beheeyem: 224-266 (63.2 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Analytic Beheeyem Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marowak: 246-290 (94.2 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Technician Scyther Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Beheeyem: 296-351 (83.6 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Analytic Beheeyem Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Scyther: 246-290 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Haunter Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Beheeyem: 218-260 (61.5 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Analytic Beheeyem Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haunter: 510-600 (220.7 - 259.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Piloswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Beheeyem: 129-153 (36.4 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Analytic Beheeyem Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 206-244 (50.9 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Found out this very interesting set,

Basculin @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt/Superpower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

This is the best lead in pu why? because it basically beats every other lead
-Taunt stops all hazards from going up
-HP grass with moldbreaker OHKO's 0 def Carracosta and Golem while it deals enough damage to Solid rock Carracosta for Aqua jet to kill.
-Aqua Jet Great priority move helps with sashed pokes and solid rock Carracosta
-Ice beam to nail the grass types such as Tangela or Leavanny

some calcs:

108 SpA Life Orb Basculin Hidden Power Grass vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Golem: 302-359 (100 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
108 SpA Life Orb Basculin Hidden Power Grass vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Carracosta: 302-359 (104.1 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

108 SpA Life Orb Basculin Hidden Power Grass vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Solid Rock Carracosta: 226-269 (77.9 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

148 Atk Life Orb Basculin Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Carracosta: 48-58 (16.5 - 20%) -- possible 5HKO

108 SpA Life Orb Basculin Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Tangela: 216-255 (79.7 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

148 Atk Life Orb Basculin Superpower vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Bastiodon: 312-369 (96.5 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

it's also possible to run more SpA evs to have a higher chance of OHKO'ing Tangela after SR

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-160764112
Wow, dat Basculin seems good! I couldn't image that an HP Grass could work so well on it! I'll test it when my ban will expire :P

There is probably a check for this that someone is going to post, but so far it's been working wonders for me:

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Confuse Ray/Night Slash

Physical tank because it works okay with the rest of my team, but I've also used it to pick up free turns against choiced chatot (not sure if chatot's actually viable with a choice scarf/specs but I've seen it fairly often)

It's really hilarious though to see barbacle users try and boost up only to get burned and fail to break subs.

+2 252+ Atk burned Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 62-73 (21.8 - 25.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Throh Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 72-86 (25.3 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb burned Carracosta Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Dusclops: 74-88 (26 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Now, obviously it can't switch into everything but it can be brought into most any threat and neutralize it, and only a couple things like haunter are gonna force me out.

Also the part where the occasional person tries to deal with it like Gliscor (read: try and use something, doesn't work, switch something else in, doesn't work, switch something else in, forfeit) is really fun. Probably won't last forever.

One set I've been using lately that has prover really effective is Lead Glalie

Glalie @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe OR 4 Atk / 252 Satk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Earthquake / Frost Breath
- Ice Shard

This is imo the best Sucide lead for HO teams (non sticky web ofc)
It can Taunt opposing shit, Set up 2 layers of spikes most of the time (few support mons can OHKO this guy)
Ice shard is the for nifty priority, and lets you break sashes/Sturdy before dying
EQ hits Camerupt, a mon I see all over the ladder, along side barb and Carracosta for decent damage.
Frost breath on the other hand, hits Golem extremly hard and deals good damage agaist switching opponents. it also igores Stat boosts which is nice.
(always use shiny its cooler)

I've been laddering up with Swoobat. Seriously, this thing's a monster when you set up. I've only set up on special attackers, since it has bad defense. Get rid of sneasel and rotom-F before setting up.

Swoobat@Salac Berry
Simple
252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
-Air Slash / Heat Wave
-Stored Power
-Substitute
-Calm Mind

Haunter @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split

Like Misdreavus, Haunter is one of those Pokemon that boasts an incredible Ghost-typing, as well as useful moves for stallbreaking. At first glance, Misdreavus seems to be the superior option, as it is a lot bulkier, but Haunter does have many advantages over Misdreavus, namely a higher Speed stat, more Special Attack, and the ability to switch in against a large part of the PU metagame. Haunter's immunity to the poison status, as well as its amazing resistances to Grass, Poison, and Fairy allows it to switch-in against various threats, and retaliate with its excellent stallbreaking forte. Another niche Haunter boasts over Misdreavus is its ability to check Substitute Bouffalant easily, courtesy of STAB Sludge Bomb. Furthermore, Misdreavus needs to invest a lot more on its speed stat to outpace Garbodor; Haunter does not need to invest on Speed EVs thanks to its higher base Speed stat. Also, Haunter's bulk isn't as abysmal as it might seem, as Eviolite grants Haunter the ability to take fairly damaging attacks. The EV spread allows it to outpace standard Garbodor. Here are some damage calculations that showcase Haunter's decent bulk:
  • 252+ Atk Bouffalant Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Haunter: 79-93 (26.8 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
  • 252+ Atk Garbodor Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Haunter: 35-42 (11.9 - 14.2%) -- possible 7HKO
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Eviolite Haunter: 203-239 (69 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)