Other OU CCAT - Team Complete (Revisions and Edits Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs Dragalgae
SD talonflame

Good to see some uncommon and underrated Mons being nominated! :D

(people really need to start using specs drag more, it will not disappoint you)

Specs Dragalge

def the best option tbh. fucks up every steel with draco meteor which paves a mega absol sweep and fairys get wrecked by wave. plus it gets a free switch ins on a lot of common crap like keld (which is on every team btw) and can exercise this power allowing it to do massive damage to absol counters. just a nitpick: you could run sd / knock off / play rough / sucker punch, but ice beam screws with defensive lando and gliscor which is rly nice considering drag doesnt lure them in / always force them out and hazard damage doesn't stack up as fast compared to fairys (when forced out by drag). mega absol brings nice control with magic bounce so ice beam is great v. other hazard leads. sucker punch is still excellent for beating a weakened scarf lando which is rly easy to wear down with something like ferro and rocky helmet chomp. speaking of ferro, spikes setting team would actually work nicely and i have a mega absol team, uses spikes which completely shits on switchins over time and can put mega lop in sucker punch ko range considering of how much it likes to switch out. ice beam v. sucker punch is preference. i've tried out both but you'll be more prone to support if you use sucker punch because removing gliscor and lando-t are rly hard considering they are the most conserved pokemon your opponent uses in a battle, no matter the worst of ideal matchups. i like this idea w/ specs drag, used it, works well

Last edited:
Vertex Ice Beam or even Fire Blast for that matter is always great on mega Absol.
I'm planning on having a point in the project where we discuss potential set changes to the pokemon, as how I see it the only thing set in stone is the pokemon itself for the most part.
I'll edit the op to make sure that's reflected.
Idk if this is the right place cuz I'm new, but I rekon ice beam over SD because of the prevalence of Lando (and it hits some other stuff) and the difficulty of setting up a SD with absol's bad typing and even worse defences.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Idk if this is the right place cuz I'm new, but I rekon ice beam over SD because of the prevalence of Lando (and it hits some other stuff) and the difficulty of setting up a SD with absol's bad typing and even worse defences.
Like I said, that will be up for discussion. Ice Beam is nice for Lando formes and such, but Fire Blast smacks Ferrothorn and Scizor.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ending the voting a little early because Draglage won by a landslide :P

Time for Round 3 Nominations! n_n

Here is the team so far:
Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough / Superpower

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power Fire
- Focus Blast

I nominate Spdef Heatran :

This Pokemon will defently be a very big help to this team, because he is bulky can set up rocks and fase, and Checks Clefable,Lati@s w/ out Earthquake and talonflame. And has good synergy w/ Dragalge and i have another team mate for the team but iam going to say it in the next round, the set is pretty standard if you want you can run Taunt or Toxic to wear other pokemons.I think that's some good aspects to use Heatran.
I will leave the set to be more easy for you.
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Scotti

we back.
I nominate Defensive Landorus-T

Normally people might suggest something really obscure and creative, but what we needs now is a ground resist and rocks. Lando-t does well with that and is a great mon on a large amount of teams. You really can't go wrong with lando-t and it supports this team well anyway. It also helps against fighting types that can overpower dragalge. No matter how common or original this mon is, it has what this team needs, while not being complete and utter ass.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)