Other OU CCAT - Team Complete (Revisions and Edits Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ending the voting a little early because Lando-T clearly won.

Time for the next round of nominations! Feel free to discuss what is the next thing the team needs and how to address that, etc.

Our team so far:

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough / Superpower

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power Fire
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Looking at it, I think the team could use a good steel type to mitigate the ice weakness and to give the team Dragon switch ins. Perhaps a specially defensive one. Also, volt turn could be useful to bring in Dragalge or Absol on favourable match-ups. Will nominate later :]

We're way too scarf Kyu-B weak. Need something to deal with that.

CB Scizor

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Since our team is really Scarf Kyu-B weak atm (nothing can take an ice beam), we need something that can revenge kill it or force it out. Go, CB Scizor!
CB Scizor pretty much walls Kyu-b not running HP Fire, while also adding strong priority to the team, and forming a double u-turn core with Lando-t. Also has decent synergy with dragalge, and has good utility with knock off.

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpA / 96 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

I'm nominating Assault Vest Slowking, as I think this set provides the special backbone that our team needs, along with reasonable offensive power and coverage, and the ability to check a wide range of threats to our team. I'm choosing Slowking over Slowbro, as Slowking's additional special bulk makes it a stronger Assault Vest user, and the ability to pivot thanks to Regenerator can help us to bring in pokemon like Dragalge safely. In terms of defensive type synergy (discounting Mega Absol, as it's so frail), our second and third slots are weak to Ice, but also to the STABs of pokemon like Mamoswine and Mega Swampert, both of which Slowking can check. With the SpA investment, and Scald's high 60% 30% burn chance, few physical attackers have a guaranteed safe switchin. For coverage, Fire Blast helps with Steel types, with a chance to OHKO Ferrothorn and 2HKOes Mega Metagross, Grass Knot helps our team deal with Mega Swampert, and some of the other common Swift Swim pokemon. Ice Beam is for Dragons, and is able to 2HKO Latios and OHKO Mega Sceptile. Slowking has a very wide movepool, and there are lots of other options here (including Dragon Tail, Psychic and Power Gem), so the moveset can be adjusted after our remaining two picks.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Offensive (Mega) Scizor, Bisharp, Fairy types who happen to be faster than Dragalge and being able to threaten it like Mega Altaria, Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir give the team some troubles, especially for Mega Absol, Lantherian as a glue alone isn't enough that's why I would like to nominate a revengekiller that can help against said threats.
Choice Scarf Heatran

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Flash Cannon

Naive allows Heatran to outspeed 108 Mega Charizard X after a Dragon Dance, the usual bulky variant, Stone Edge with 20 atk evs will allow Heatran to always ohko 252 HP Talonflame, while Flash Cannon and Fire Blast acts as STABs.
Heatran can come in as a check against Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie and Mega Altaria and threaten them with Flash Cannon, while also being able to stop a +1 Defiant Bisharp (Black Glasses adamant +1 Sucker Punch will always fail to ohko Heatran, even with Stealth Rocks in the field) and Offensive mega Scizor from rampaging the team.
Of course, due to Heatran's solid type the team also gets a solid ice, dragon and fairy switch in.

I would like to nominate Choice Scarf Magnezone

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I think Magnezone would be a very good choice for the team! Both Dragalge and Absol appreciate the presence of Magnezone who take care of Steel (bar Heatran) and Fairy. Dragalge would appreciate it a lot because it's able to remove Ferro, Skarmory and other steels letting Dragalge able to spam Sludge Wave with no fear of immune enemies. On the other hand it can take care of Fairies and, with them gone, Dragalge can freely spam Draco Meteor and can open the way to the Absol Sweep.

Yes, we have another ground weakness that is not good for the team, but looking at the offensive sinergy and at the volturn with Lando it can surely be a very good asset for the team

ATM I find we are quite weak to set up sweepers, thus I believe we should strongly consider adding more priority, a scarfer, or prankster t-wave.

Hence I'm nominating:

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

This little beast will unlock most of the problems our team has. First off it gives us a valuable dragon immunity. It gives us an ice and flying resist (amongst many other resists. Probably most important though is it gives us a way to stop scarfers, Dragon dancers, and fast mons like mega lopunny which cause our team quite a bit of trouble atm. It also lets us set up spikes making absol's sweeping job easier. Play rough lets us do some damage. Lastly Magnet rise lets us troll ground types and set spikes with ease.

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock/spikes/protect
- Thunder Wave

Alright, so to keep all those ice and electric Weaknessess weve got ferrothorn, goes well withndefensive lando and Gyara, gives the þeam an answer to fairyfairies without adding extra EQ weaknessess. T wave support, power whip for keldeo who doesnt 1hko with specs, and leech seed for recovery. Also SR if you like to run double SR in case lando goes doan or spikes or protect to get sum extra leechin'.

Nominating Belly Drum Azumarill

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

The team lacked a solid Dragon switch-in and had a concerning weakness to Ice, so I thought Azumarill would make a great addition to the team thanks to its resistances and dragon immunity. Not the most defensive mon? Yes, but what it provides the team with is a win-con / breaker that can weaken the opposition for M-Absol to clean. Also, Azu lures in Rotom-W / Mega Venusaur, which Dragalage can eradicate. This makes the team a tad weak to Skarm but BD mitigates this, I believe. Yep, that's ma nom.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, it's been a few days since the last nom; but I'll leave this open for about another 12 hours or so before voting starts in case anyone wanted to nominate something but didn't get around to it.

Tough voting :| There's some really, really good options on this round and I don't know who'd work better! (Can we add two instead of one :P) There's not a lot of discussion about any of them though, so maybe I'm just seeing the positives. At the moment, I'm torn between Azumarill, Scizor and Klefki, slightly more towards Scizor because I'm Pro-Scizor biased, and they all look good TBH.

...gives the þeam an answer to fairyfairies
...woah
...dual fairy/fairy typing gen 7 new meta

Tough voting :| There's some really, really good options on this round and I don't know who'd work better! (Can we add two instead of one :P) There's not a lot of discussion about any of them though, so maybe I'm just seeing the positives. At the moment, I'm torn between Azumarill, Scizor and Klefki, slightly more towards Scizor because I'm Pro-Scizor biased, and they all look good TBH.

...woah
...dual fairy/fairy typing gen 7 new meta
Ofc, return+dazzling gleam on M Altaria in case you hit cofagrigus so you can still have STAB. Fairly obvious imo lol.

EDIT : beware, archphantom said a steel type would be nice then nominates azum, this is rigged i tell you! (jk ofc, but no really)

Ofc, return+dazzling gleam on M Altaria in case you hit cofagrigus so you can still have STAB. Fairly obvious imo lol.

EDIT : beware, archphantom said a steel type would be nice then nominates azum, this is rigged i tell you! (jk ofc, but no really)
I was threatened at gun point- I had to nom Azu! Plz don't tell nobody. But srsly, I still think a steel would be good; saw too many nommed and wanted to approach differently, hehe.

the kid in me tells me to wove for Scizor, but the a hole in me tells me to go for Klefki , i guess it depends a lot on the next poke as azum (or bulky water type) +steel might make the team more solid imo.

Scizor just cuz its the CB set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)