Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice abilities on the beast Kamis!
Tornadus' Regenerator will help offset the SR weakness and allow him to make better use of his boosted defenses.
For Thundurus, an extra immunity is always welcome and Initimidate should help Landy take a hit with this great typing.

But if an item needs to be held to keep them in their beast formes that's a bit of a bummer.
Tornados will have to pass on Letovers and the other two will not be able to use Life Orb or Choice items.
In the end, the common sets of incarnation forme Landorus/Thundurus may still hit harder than the beast formes despite the offensive stat boosts.

a clarification from serebii himself
Just to clarify again, it's Resolution Form, not Resolution Forme. Same with its Usual Form.

The Japanese used has it as すがた over フォルム. The latter is what is normally used for "Form/Forme" while the first is new and just essentially means appearance.

It's not a form. I admit, I kept slipping up on it when we got the name at the weekend, but it's Form.

フォルム is used whenever the Pokémon's form is named "Forme" as per Deoxys, Meloetta, Tornadus etc
すがた is used whenever the Pokémon's form is named "Form" as per Basculin, Deerling, Castform etc
guess that explains why it's not an extremely different form. It's there to show Keldeo maturing (probably why he only gets it with Secret Sword)

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tornadus has the ability Regenerator
Thundurus has the ability Volt Absorb
Landorus has the ability Intimidate

Shut up... seriously awesome. More comments tomorrow

Oh. My. God.
Regenerator on a SR weak Pokemon with excellent bulk? Couldn't ask for a better ability.
An immunity to a type that Thundurus is neutral to? Same as Lightningrod Zapdos, except AVAILABLE! Not to mention that it doesn't need the SpA boost with Nasty Plot, and Volt Absorb can negate SR damage.
Intimidate, while not as ground breakingly awesome as the other two, is still a brilliant ability. To be honest though, I'd have preferred Sand Force...

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Tornadus seems like the Pokemon that Serperior failed to be. A fast Defensive Pokemon.
The fact that the BW1 Trio can be changed into the Alt Formes confirms that the current movesets can be transferred over.
Bulk Up might have a little more merit on Tornadus now that he has some meat his bones and hopefully the elemental punches.
Of course a U-Turn Regenerator is set could work.
And the obligatory Toxic stall set will undoubtedly surface.

As someone that thinks Intimidate is one of the best abilities in the game, I couldn't be happier with Landorus. I've always loved it's Typing and Sand's never been my thing (until Sand Rush Sandslash drops) so I'm more than ready to roll that thing out.

Thundurus will hopefully help bump Rotom-W down into the mid-20's in usage. Other than that, I just hope GF nerfs it's Speed heavily so it will stay in OU. I am disappointed that it doesn't get Prankster as Priority Thunder Wave is just delicious. Then again it's not like ANY decent Scarf-mon couldn't revenge Normal Thundurus with ease when he was OU. I just miss that T-Wave; Nasty Plot can go away for all I care.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sure most of us recall Sand Force being glitched on PO last year and how Landorus' Earthquake was insanely powerful, backed with Stone Edge it gave us little room to make a mistake. It would 2HKO walls simply because its STAB Earthquake was (notably with Adamant and Life Orb) could clean up late-game with no drawbacks whatsoever.

Now its new form has Intimidate which means while it lose Sand Force, there were rumors suggesting Landorus' Atk will increase possibly by 10 points. I think it's safe to say we won't be able to use Sand Force with that extra attack because Groudon would sure feel insulted.

Intimidate allows the Bulk Up + Substitute set to be executed in a flash; it made Salamence the Pokemon it was in Advance, similarily to that of Gyarados in DP especially.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh my god I regret everything bad I ever said about the Sacred Beast forms

Are they able to be traded to other BW2 games? I have no plans to buy a 3DS just yet.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey, does anyone else notice it looks like one of the pages of Corocoro shows a stat screen for Black and White Kyurem?
Sorry to disappoint, but those are stat screens for Reshiram and Zekrom. You can clearly see their team menu mini-sprites on the summary pages.

Sorry to disappoint, but those are stat screens for Reshiram and Zekrom. You can clearly see their team menu mini-sprites on the summary pages.
Dang, I didn't notice that...

On the subject of the Sacred Beast formes, I'm really looking forward to seeing what their stats will be. It's slightly disappointing they don't keep Prankster, but what they're getting is so much better than Defiant. I'm hoping Regenerator Tornadus gets Roost in some way. Maybe it'll come with it when you catch it in the Dream Radar...?

Yes!
Finally, ability info on the Sacred Beasts. Regenerator Tornadus seems awesome...heck, they all seem pretty darn good. Too bad we didn't get more info on Black Kyurem/White Kyurem, but oh, well...we'll know soon.

well the next question that should be ask is do these alt forms have their own hidden DW abilitys because their normal forms do (at least in the B/W code there is defiant for Tornadus,Thund and sheer force for lando) will these also have their own set? or are these something like a couple of uber level mons and are these the only ability they can have

OMG. Landorus sounds amazing for the VGC!! I think it might serve as an amazing sandstorm counter, specifically looking at garchomp, excadrill, and some tyranitar and opposing landorus. The typing mixed with intimidate is just too good to pass up in my opinion. Plus, it's a jaguar! Who doesn't like jaguars?? :3

OMG. Landorus sounds amazing for the VGC!! I think it might serve as an amazing sandstorm counter, specifically looking at garchomp, excadrill, and some tyranitar and opposing landorus. The typing mixed with intimidate is just too good to pass up in my opinion. Plus, it's a jaguar! Who doesn't like jaguars?? :3
I thought the same (actually, I only thought about it countering Excadrill really well).

He needs to get unbanned, just like Garchomp and Thundurus...

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I shudder to think what Double Discharge Lightningrod Zapdos + Volt Absorb Thundurus in Doubles would do. God you better hope you're packing an Electric-immunity.

My prediction is that the Reflecting Mirror works like the meteorites did for Deoxys and allows changing of form at will from a stationary point on the map. It would take away a lot of the necessity of the Dream Radar, unless the Kami trio isn't available ingame without using it or transferring them over, but it seems sort of likely that an important mirror would be an overworld thing rather than a key item.

breh

強いだね
Agreed; Landorus is a fantastic mon and seems to be the best user of Intimidate yet.

Bisharp might be more fun next year. *schemes*

Otherwise, Double Discharge, if it works, will work because one mon has Lightningrod; Lightningrod Zapdos is a good mon in general (pair it with Gyarados or something and ignore Discharge). Volt Absorb Tornadus is neat, but not necessary.

Not sure how Regenerator Tornadus will play out.

My prediction is that the Reflecting Mirror works like the meteorites did for Deoxys and allows changing of form at will from a stationary point on the map. It would take away a lot of the necessity of the Dream Radar, unless the Kami trio isn't available ingame without using it or transferring them over, but it seems sort of likely that an important mirror would be an overworld thing rather than a key item.
They show the mirror as an item. They didn't show which bag it was in, however
Also, it's been confirmed that you need to nab Landorus from the Dream Radar in order to get the Mirror from somewhere else in the game. So it doesn't really take away from the necessity of it

Again, that Tornadus sprite is beautiful. Wonderful to see he got an incredible ability as well.

Another big "F U" to everyone who said "there will never be a pure Flying type Pokemon, it would just be a pair of wings."

Again, that Tornadus sprite is beautiful. Wonderful to see he got an incredible ability as well.

Another big "F U" to everyone who said "there will never be a pure Flying type Pokemon, it would just be a pair of wings."
Continue to tempt fate and TrollFreak will go back and add Normal typing to Tornadus just to screw with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)