1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Firestorm, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

Wow, what a wild card Gamefreak threw at us. 2 new main series games instead of one 3rd game.
    To me, these new forms look OK at best, but I think they won't be obtainable. I really think that they'll just be battle-able forms of Kyurem.
    Hopefully nothing too new is released, as the Giratina/Shaymin problems in Platinum/Diamond and Pearl were pretty bad as it is.
  2. az

az I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

on what authority do you make this claim?

it's true that the red and blue could symbolise the fire and electricity, but it is also true that these features did not appear in the original b/w logos, and they are also only slightly "emerging" in the logo font, as though a hint of some kind

i'm not saying it like its gospel, but it certainly is possible, and would explain there being two games and not one
  3. MegaKick

MegaKick

cool meloetta and keldeo will probably be released soon

wow nintendo so greedy, releasing 3 games wasnt enough so they're releasing 4... god damn

oh yeah and kyurem forms...
    FUCK YEAH
  4. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

haha what the actual fuck

goddamnit nintendo now i have to buy two more games instead of one
    what a bunch of greedy bastards
    still holy shit i am exited
    (please be 3ds)

fuck

also this is causing such mixed emotions
  5. I Am

I Am

Triple type would be interesting...Ice/Electric/Dragon = What's Up, though it's probably way out of the question.
  6. BattleStar

BattleStar

Wow.

I have mixed emotions right now. I of course am pretty happy for it! It's great to have a new Pokemon game come. Here is my wish list for this
    BattleStar's Wish list
    1. More storyline
    2. Move tutors. Make certain Pokemon more comeptitive my viable
    3. A battle Fronteir
    4. Wifi plaza
    5. More area
    6. Gym Leader rematch
    7. More stuff!

However on my other Emotinal spectrum, I am a bit disappointed in game freak. This is starting to become highway theft seriously making two versions?!? I no doubt will still buy one. I really hope there are major improvements.
  7. atsync

atsync Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

It's not. It is already confirmed to be DS :(
  8. KokoaKiwi

KokoaKiwi

Thank god allmighty they aren't 3ds exclusives.

Yet another theory here. What if there's some sort of event/tutor/thingie to teach Cold Flare / Bolt to Reshiram and Zekrom, and they change formes thanks to this moves? Kinda like Meloetta or Rotom apps. Seriously guys, I really think these are NOT kyurem formes.
  9. TROP

TROP *tips fedora*
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Add Unova pokemon overworld sprites on that and it would be perfect.
  10. Skytt

Skytt

It would be more intresting if one of the games was for DS and the other 3DS. At least then they'd be more variety.

Also, I doubt the games will be a Hoenn-Isshu crossover but we can always dream, right?
  11. Lugiatina

Lugiatina

Reshiram and Zekrom don't have the placeholder programmed in them to get new formes. Kyurem does.

They should have made these games for the 3DS exclusively. DS is already obsolete. They are probably just going to rehash the same story again, this time with Kyurem. If something else new pops up, I'd probably buy into it, but right now, the only thing I think Gamefreak is appealing to is little kids with money.
  12. Dr. Alpha

Dr. Alpha

I wonder if there will be version exclusive move tutors...

For example, you can get DynamicPunch in Pokemon Black 2 while you can get Zap Cannon in Pokemon White 2.
  13. Crona

Crona

What I think some people haven't noticed is that these are numbered, implying they're sequels. Sure, implications go either way, but seems likely that they're expanding the story, not redoing it.

As for ingame functions they may add, I hope for Battle Factory and tutors.
  14. KokoaKiwi

KokoaKiwi

You have a point.

I don't mean to sound rude but idgaf. I'm not wasting 300 dollars for a 3ds and pokemon games. Especially since all I would use it for are Pokemon games. So yeah, I'm happy it's NOT 3ds.

They'be been doing this since pokémon yellow

Pokemon emerald

Thus I'm happy it's not 3ds. Besides we don't know they'll rehash the plot, ya know. They're sequels, not remakes.
  15. julios

julios

One word:

FUSIONS?
  16. Bugbot

Bugbot

It's all clear now.

N flied to Hoenn.
    Giovanni is probably gonna escape with Reshiram too, and you gotta take Kyurem with you in Hoenn.

And before you say "Team Rocket is dead", explain why the anime featured a redesigned outfit for Jessie & James and the last Rocket Grunt from HGSS is in BW1. It's gonna happen.
  17. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon

This better fucking mean the first Fire/Ice type.
  18. waterwarrior

waterwarrior

@All saying "Waah, they're just appealing to kids! They're in it for the money!"
    1. Hi. Pokemon is, first and foremost, a franchise. In fact, its one of the most lucrative video game franchises in the world. MADE BY A COMPANY. No SHIT they're in it for the money! -.-
    2. This

Also, @ the poster for the new movie... Dafuq is with all the Cryogonal? Do we have another Zero on our hands?
  19. KokoaKiwi

KokoaKiwi

Stealth Rock D:
  20. King Serperior

King Serperior

Give me my battle Factory!!!

That is ALL I ask of GameFreak!!
  21. Bugbot

Bugbot

Can we get a Speculation thread for those games? Unless this is(?)
  22. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I don't think its a fusion, rather its giving the God Stone to Kyurem based on what game you have, probably
  23. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Ice Punch Conkeldurr... is that all I need to say in favor of Move Tutors?
  24. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

I'm thinking it will be like the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeons. One for DS, and one for 3DS.
  25. KokoaKiwi

KokoaKiwi

Or, pull on us a Gen 3 Deoxys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)