Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait if we don't know if N is gonna be in bw2, how do we know his full name is Natural Harmonia Gropius? o.O. i thought that info came from these games =o

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'll buy it anyway. The pokedex thing, anyway. Just the unova pokedex was so neat, having old faves on there too is just too cool to pass up
The 3D Pokedex thing is nice because it is free. I wouldn't have paid for it.

Cell phone apps (as well as things like Bulbapedia) were essentially better. I still have my Pokédroid app on my phone, and other than the AR function and 3d models of each Pokemon, Pokédroid was vastly superior (not to mention free if you don't mind ads). Unfortunately, Nintendo forced off the market every Pokedex app you could find so that they wouldn't have to compete.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I hate to be this guy, but this is bugging the shit out of me. The bold part is wrong. You don't NEED to beat Erika to get the Scope, rescue Mr. Fuji, then awaken the Fatkren
Whoops. My bad.

And you DO need to beat Wattson to use Rock Smash, necessary to head to the desert area thingy. You're thinking of Dewford, which is totally skippable.
I said nothing about going to the north of Hoenn, then again I should have expressed myself clearer. If you surf from Petalburg, you can go to Dewford, past it, and to Slateport. From there, you take the path underneath the cycling road to Mauville, and from Mauville you can surf across to Route 118 and 119, and then head on to Fortree. As far as I can remember, there will be Keckleon blocking you somewhere on Route 120, but that would be the first solid obstacle you encounter between Petalburg and Lilycove. You could even surf from Route 103 to Route 110 and skip the entire Dewfort-Petalburg loop.

Still beyond me why they are charging $18 FREAKING DOLLARS just for an update. Is it really that significant, or are inflation rates in Japan skyrocketing? :/

But the Pokemon AR app looks really, REALLY interesting 'cause you can transfer the 'mons over to BW2. Hopefully they have DW abilities, but it'll make it hard to RNG with them if so...

With the explosion in the regional dex, the game seems alot like blaze black, because that has a fuck tonne of pokemon available.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
According to some discussion on BMGF, it apparently has differences from all the bird Pokemon that you might ordinarily pass it off as. One of them is the fact that it has small humps on either wing.

Just pointing it out. This could also be due to 3D distortions.

What older gen pokémon are confirmed so far? Also, is there somewhere I can check for a list of them that would pretty consistently update?

Or it could be a new pokemon, someone had to put it out there.

The closest it being to a current pokemon is either Articuno or Ho-oh, to be honest it looks like a mixture of both.

Ummmm.......

They also went out of their way to show it, so........

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
^That pic reminds me of when the first drawings of Smugleaf and crew were leaked.

And there were in depth examinations explaining how those couldn't possibly be the new startermons.

And then they were.

Sure, it doesn't fit the previous sprites and artwork of Articuno 100%, but its Articuno.

Got a call from my local LameStop, they're finally taking pre-orders.

Guess I'll go for Black 2, as I always get the first title.

If it really has some old legendaries on it. The 3 bucks are really worth it, even without DW ability.

$15 for the Dex is kinda lame D: sure it has 4x more pokemon than the previous installment but then again there's Bulbapedia and Serebii...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yeah haha who on earth is going to spend 15$ for their pokedex when much better dexes can be found online? Unless it has something special maybe.

^That pic reminds me of when the first drawings of Smugleaf and crew were leaked.

And there were in depth examinations explaining how those couldn't possibly be the new startermons.

And then they were.

Sure, it doesn't fit the previous sprites and artwork of Articuno 100%, but its Articuno.
I don't remember people saying those weren't the starter pokemon, I just remember people trying to figure out what those silhouettes contained.

If it is a current pokemon, it's probably Articuno, but I don't think it is.

breh

強いだね
Yeah haha who on earth is going to spend 15$ for their pokedex when much better dexes can be found online? Unless it has something special maybe.
The answer is 9-12 year olds.

Are there any pre-order bonuses for BW2?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The answer is 9-12 year olds.

Are there any pre-order bonuses for BW2?
So far, no.

I pre-ordered a japanese White 2 a while back (3rd of April to be exact), and there were no bonus with that as far as I know. Unless they change it closer to release, and they haven't yet (I just checked).

I also pre-ordered Black 2 from a swedish site at the same time, and they didn't state anything about a bonus either.

We'll just have to wait and see.

So far, no.

I pre-ordered a japanese White 2 a while back (3rd of April to be exact), and there were no bonus with that as far as I know. Unless they change it closer to release, and they haven't yet (I just checked).

I also pre-ordered Black 2 from a swedish site at the same time, and they didn't state anything about a bonus either.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Wasn't there a Japanese offer a while back for key-chains of black and white kyurem? Maybe that wasn't a preorder offer I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)