Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...makes me wish they'd do something like a Champion's Gauntlet.

Makes you have to run through Lance, Blue, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, N, and then take on Red at the end with Max Stat Pokes.

I really don't think Thundurus and Co. really needed new forms. In my opinion, they don't look all that great...I would've been just fine without the new forms. They certainly do look as if they are female, though.

Au Contraire, I quite like these new animalistic forms. Them having a more birdlike appearance to me makes more sense to me. I like what they've done with the moustaches too!

Wow, Gamefreak is pulling everything it can, isn't it? Old gym leaders, new forms, new characters, new gymleaders, old pokemon..... The list just keeps on coming.

I don't know why, but I just like these new formes. They really work for me!

Would be kinda cool in a way if the new forms are female and allowed you to breed (though prolly a stupid idea) the trio.

I wonder if other pokemon will be getting new forms, since the using AR searcher for only 3 new pokes seems a bit lackluster.

Yeah there is no point in having to buy a 3ds just for 3 pokes,then again if they add at least 5 more pokes with new forms I might consider it :).

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What I want to see is the Elite Four Champion's battles. Cynthia mentions how the Champions meet up periodically to challenge each other and of the gym leaders and trainers mentioned many include past champions, including Blue, Lance and Steven; add to those both Cynthia, Adler and Black/White character and you have all(minus Wallace) the champions assembled in-game.

I think that would be a very exciting feature, so many high level trainers!

Kami Trio said:
Serebii said:
Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus original forms are Incarnation Forme. Their new forms are Sacred Beast Forme. They are 198, 199 and 200 in the Unova Dex.
Tornadus' Sacred Beast Forme focuses on Defense, Speed & Special Defense
Thundurus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Special Attack
Landorus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Attack
Thunder Bro: Sweet
Land Bro: Awesome
Tornado Bro: Why does GF hate me so much?
I remember someone mentioning that Tornado bro's alt form is a ripoff of Articuno....well it looks like that's more true than ever.

Actually, I'm hoping Tornadus gets Roost because priority Roost, Bulk Up, and improved defenses would be fucking sweet. Also, check Serebii for scans. Looks awesome so far.

Yeah, get to face the champions. Just look at the surrounding photos on that scan. Also, does anyone wonder why Giovanni is there?

Edit: It would appear that there is also a tournament style match-up with gym leaders and champions involved.

It's like they went "Okay so Landorus becomes a tiger, so he gets more attack.
And...Thundurus gets special attack, because he's a dragon and thunder!"

"What about Tornadus"
*nervous looks about room*

So, do we know for sure what the type and abilities of these new forms are? I assume they keep them, but do we know for sure?
No, we don't know for sure. They could be different type combinations. I'm hoping for Electric/Dragon for Thundurus. Hell, he's already Uber, just go balls deep.

If you look in the top right corner, you can make out the sprites of Erika, Janine, Blaine and Lt. Surge. There are more sprites beside those four, I think the one beside Erika might be Misty but I can't be sure because of the angle of the shot. Will have to wait for translations and/or an official announcement.

As for the new Kami forms, Land Kami's new form it looks like it has tiger elements to it. Not sure what is going on with Thunder Kami though. Also, Serebii used the word 'Forme' with an 'e', like with the Gira/Shaymin formes, so they could be in the same vein as those i.e. requiring a hold item or a key item to use the new formes.

I'm more wondering why Volkner is there. There's the champions, the anime characters, a lack of stakes at this point makes sense to introduce Giovanni. Volkner is just the odd one out here, although now with talk of Janine and Blaine in this Pokemon World Tournament on Serebii, it seems like we could have something incredibly interesting on our hands.

Also, an increase in attack for Landorus-alt and special attack for Thundurus-alt... Was this needed in the slightest? Thundurus who boasts 125 special attack with priority was banned for being too powerful, why on earth (I know, competitive =\= GameFreak's intentions) would he of all Pokemon need any kind of power increase? How could they logically increase it without making these guys incredibly overpowered to the point where they're seemingly coming close to the power of cover legendaries?

According to the page on serebii, none of their types changed. It looks like Thundurus has a different ability though.
Edit: look at the top right page. all of the types are the same.
Edit2: actually i don't think the abilities are listed at all. It's safe to assume they're the same too.

If you look in the top right corner, you can make out the sprites of Erika, Janine, Blaine and Lt. Surge. There are more sprites beside those four, I think the one beside Erika might be Misty but I can't be sure because of the angle of the shot. Will have to wait for translations and/or an official announcement.

As for the new Kami forms, Land Kami's new form it looks like it has tiger elements to it. Not sure what is going on with Thunder Kami though. Also, Serebii used the word 'Forme' with an 'e', like with the Gira/Shaymin formes, so they could be in the same vein as those i.e. requiring a hold item or a key item to use the new formes.
Forme is used to refer to all legendary formes, regardless of how they change.
But the arrows do imply that they can change too and fro. Perhaps only the AR kami, specifically, have this ability to change

Pokemon World Tournament? Gym Leaders finally get to do something other than Lead Gyms (and possibly help the player stop the usual Villain Team plot)?

Hmm, there's only three words to be said then...

Who ya got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)