1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by RBG, Jun 20, 2012.

1. breh

breh ⁰ ゝ⁰
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Don't worry, the metagame will either bend around Chandelure (and bend A LOT) or it will be banned. Not sure which, but it'll pass. People will stop using Choiced fighting moves overeagerly, I guess.
  2. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

Oh, it'll definitely be in Ubers.
  3. Advancer

Advancer

It occurs to me that Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf and Regirock/Registeel/Regice might depend on what starter you picked, like with the beasts in FR/LG - it's just that it doesn't seem likely to me that GF would make a room for each of the legendaries, but will wait for confirmation.

Should note that I'm not surprised by these guys in the games, after all, the birds were in both Pt and HGSS and the beasts were in HGSS and a Gen IV event, whereas the Regis were only in Pt (and required an event Regigigas to access) and the Lake Guardians were only in DPPt.

Cresselia and Heatran however, did surprise me - do want confirmation on where/how and if they are in both games. Eon Pokes are nice, already picking White 2, not that it makes up for the Enigma Stone event I missed in SS...

Happy about the move tutors, but somewhat disappointed that some of the Gen III move tutors weren't brought back. Looking forward to reading the who-gets-what list whenever it comes out.
  4. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Oh my goodness

All these reveals

I just

Oh my goodness

Also Gliscor is totally going to be no. 1 in the ranks now.
  5. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I'm ALMOST sure Kaphotics posted the GBU functions coded in-game and there's something about Nintendo/GF being able to identify who disconnected (in BW!).
  6. Tytus

Tytus

Woah, the field for the World Championship final battle is pretty awesome with the spotlights going all over. The whole thing reminds me of Wrestlemania haha.

Kind of weird how the Muskateer Trio are just standing out in the open to be caught.

Edit: Oh god, Charles is back. I recall seeing a lot of people hoping this would happen lol
  7. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

8. Saitsuofleaves

Saitsuofleaves

170? Well they just got a first way ticket into Ubers, if Fusion Flare/Bolt didn't do that already.
  9. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

no, you're talking about this:

http://pastebin.com/1Nweewrt

search for "cheat" and "disconnect" if you don't want to read through the whole thing.
  10. False Sense

False Sense

Oh no, I forgot Heatran! That's 15 legendaries!

Also, 170 atk/sp.atk in Kyurems formes? Wow, I didn't think it would be so high... so will that sheer power get Kyurem's formes banned, or is it's type giving it stealth rock and bullet punch weaknesses going to hold it back?
  11. Mario With Lasers

Oh yeah, that's what I was talking about. Somebody (I guess now it was you!) made a post quickly explaining it, but even if it wasn't you, it's clear that they did have *something* ready to detect disconnecters already.

And lol, 170 Base offense. But seriously, what about Snow Warning Weakrem, Game Freak???
  12. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I'm sure it's hiding in the Dream Radar
    You just have to believe, MwL!

and admit that we aren't getting rematches
  13. breh

breh ⁰ ゝ⁰
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

Welp, damn. I thought it would be something like 150 lol; I guess it was actually 170!

Holy shit.

They really want to get it just quickbanned, don't they?

(170 base Blizzard will be fun as hell; same can be said of Draco Meteor.)
  14. Mario With Lasers

I swear I cannot even understand WHY we have had no word of rematches until now. Are they seriously going to appear only in that World Tournament? Meh
  15. Saitsuofleaves

Saitsuofleaves

Oh, don't forget 170 SpA Fusion Flare and Focus Blast (since we're talking about White Kyurem).

Black Kyurem has Outrage and Fusion Bolt with 170 Atk.

Hmm...you guys think Black Kyurem will make it without much of a Physical movepool?
  16. Purimpopoie

Purimpopoie

Even if it's got a limited physical movepool, what could come in on a 170 Outrage and not be One-shotted/seriously maimed to where it's not doing any tanking anymore?
  17. Saitsuofleaves

Saitsuofleaves

Idk...I still don't know all the calcs by memory.

How would Skarmory do?
  18. Cheapoman

Cheapoman

170 offences sound scary. Banded Outrage / Specs Dragos will be something to look out for. o.0
  19. Yoshi King

Yoshi King

Kind of a strange question, but would breeding pools be updated in Black 2/White 2? I'd like to know in the future if Blastoise gets access to Shell Smash.
  20. gamer40000

gamer40000

Choice Band Jolly Black Kyurem Outrage vs. Physically Defensive Skarmory: 30.83 - 36.52%
  21. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

So far, there isn't any news on new breeding pools yet. Most likely we'll know once people look into uknowhat and discover new breeding moves. Although I'm not getting my hopes up.
  22. rocky505

rocky505

Dang 170?! People were close. I saw a good majority say 165. Heck even their other attacking stat is good enough for mixed sets. Now we need keldeo and the kami's bst.
  23. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

24. Purimpopoie

Purimpopoie

So it's likely a 3HKO on Skarmory unless it rolls close to minimum damage each time, . I guess there's one thing that can tank it and... uh... whirlwind it away? Hit for a SE Steel Wing? I guess it could set up Spikes or Rocks or something. Not wasted, and Skarmory could just roost off the damage. Okay, so there's one thing that isn't afraid of it... unless it predicts the switch to Skarmory and starts charging Freeze Bolt, maybe.
  25. Cheapoman

Cheapoman

Ice punch does that much. Luckily it doesn't get Icicle crash. >.>

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)