1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by RBG, Jun 20, 2012.

1. breh

breh ⁰ ゝ⁰
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

It's pretty much Skarm/Ferro without <physical Ice move> and Heatran with it.
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

If one wants to be perfectly fair, we didn't really have a clue about the HGSS rematches until we stumbled upon the teams in the data. And even then we still took ages to figure how to activate them.

And also in the interest of fairness, we have not heard of the unova leaders being in the WT. (Cheren is there on the mandatory trip for story purposes, same with your Rival & Achroma)
  3. alexwolf

alexwolf Fear the D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Heatran and Skarmory are easily 2hkoed by Fusion Bolt... And Ferro is 2hkoed by Ice Punch, which he will almost surely get. There is no hope. Insta-uber!
  4. czechm8

czechm8

I know he lacks coverage, but granted that sexy attack. Would some sort of Sub/Hone Claws/Bolt Strike/Outrage be viable for Black Keuryem. I mean with those offences it shouldn't be hard to force a switch. After a few home claws he should be able to kill just about everything.
    Just an idea, the lack of coverage might make it totally useless.
  5. rocky505

rocky505

Anyone think landorus could learn the elemental punches?
  6. Saitsuofleaves

Saitsuofleaves

Eh eh, Almost Surely, isn't For sure.

I want to be absolutely certain it gets Ice Punch before I start ducking under desks, right now i'm just ducking into windowless rooms.
  7. breh

breh ⁰ ゝ⁰

I doubt it. It transforms into an armless tiger.
  8. rocky505

rocky505

Kadabra and Mankey evolve into tailess Pokemon but still have iron tail.
  9. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

CB Black Kyurem next to Haxorus:

252 Atk Choice Band Kyurem Outrage vs 248 HP/0 Def Scizor: 57.43% - 67.64%
    252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 248 HP/0 Def Scizor: 51.6% - 60.64%

252 Atk Choice Band Kyurem Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 90.1% - 106.19% (37.5% chance to OHKO)
    252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Tyranitar: 80.94% - 95.3%

252 Atk Choice Band Kyurem Outrage vs 252 HP/4 Def Ferrothorn: 44.32% - 51.99%
    252 Atk Choice Band Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/4 Def Ferrothorn: 39.77% - 46.88%
  10. Dark Ray

Dark Ray Here to bah humbug you
    is a Pre-Contributor

And Gastly gets the elemental punches despite being a floating fart, GF doesn't understand the meaning of "logic", Genies could get the punches, or they could not, no way to tell until we see learnsets.
  11. Itchni

Itchni

New landorus form will be good. if he keeps his flying/ground he could be great as a bulky scarfer
  12. R_N

R_N

It still has arms in the normal forme. It's not like tails haven't been lost for things like Iron Tail.
  13. rocky505

rocky505

They do keep their typings. And tornados will be an ass with roost lol
  14. breh

breh ⁰ ゝ⁰

afaik all mons that learn punches ala wooper or all mons that learn iron tail ala mankey all have evolutions that have arms, tails, etc. I believe this to be just laziness / error; kind of a "let's copy paste tutor sets and forget about flavor".

I may eat my words soon, though.
  15. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master

Wow, news has really slowed down, hasn't it? What time is it in Japan?
  16. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

Wait, wait, wait, wait. WHAT!?!?!?!?

GAMEFREAK!!!!!! ARCEUS DANG IT!!!!!

/end rant

But really, they knew about it but never applied it only to those that dc instead of doing it to both like usual and wind up hurting people?...I really hate TrollFreak right now. I find that unfair in so many ways (My oppocents repeatedly dc on me when I have near perfect wifi connection and I got banned on 2 different versions from wifi (Good thing my 3rd's my main)? Arceus dang it).

Also in other news. Likeing the Kyurem stats comined with Fusion moves.
  17. False Sense

False Sense

Not to mention Tornadus gets U-turn to abuse regenerator. And it's supposed to have good speed too... dang, Tornadus looks really promising.
  18. R_N

R_N

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Tail
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    No tail

Chasney gets it but loses it upon evolution.
    The entire typhlosion line gets it, too despite their "tails" being nothing but fire

Then there's the couple weird ones where they get the move despite having next to no tail.
    [​IMG]

And it's not like they can't lock the thing down. Only Tyranitar gets Iron Tail, not its evolutions. Breloom gets it, not Shroomish

Meanwhile Skymin gets various flying moves via tutor
  19. Deitylight

Deitylight

"The Nintendo Direct presentation just finished announcing that a World Tournament Wi-Fi Competition will start on June 29th. We don't know how this will work yet, but we'll bring it to you as soon as we know. I also added some game screenshots from the presentation throughout"

Looks like it isn't just restricted to npcs.
    Now we can see how a real tourney works in-game.
  20. Cinccino

Cinccino

God.
    I.
    Am.
    Dying.

Tornadus gets so many new option now. It can run Prankster-Bulk Up-Roost, Regenerator abuse with u-turn, Toxic stall, even the generic Choice set will probly get Heat Wave.
  21. Sapphire Birch

Sapphire Birch
    is a Past SPL Winner

I would not be surprised if tornadus does not get roost as it would lose its typing completely.(it actually becomes a normal type)
  22. Purimpopoie

Purimpopoie

Homika = Roxie from the Nintendo Direct
  23. Faint

Faint Valar morghulis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Confirming.
  24. gamer40000

gamer40000

The English Nintendo Direct just confirmed in a gameplay video that Homika will be translated as Roxie.

EDIT: ninja'd
  25. Purimpopoie

Purimpopoie

Serebii also says that the Sacred Beast Formes are called Therian Formes in the US Games. Therian comes from Therianthropy, which refers to the metamorphosis of humans into other animals.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)