1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 - Mark 2 ** Spoilers **

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by RBG, Jun 20, 2012.

1. bluesun

bluesun

So the only new one was Snorlax? Guess that's what I get for using out-of-date lists. :| It's the lost Xtransciever, you get Snorlax after about 60 calls.
  2. R_N

R_N
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Wait what?
    I take it from the pink hair &/or green hair kids right?

What on earth is going on with those two.
  3. b2j135

b2j135

4. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

from what i heard all you need to do is to copy Zorua (or whatever)'s OT data into something else
  5. Zelen

Zelen

Has anyone else noticed that there's a rock in Mistralton Cave that gives a lots of green shards? I stopped counting after 10 or so. In F2 near stairs to down , use Dowsing Machine to find it. I'm interested to know if there's more rocks like that and do they change their locations etc.

//found another one!
    Poké Ball in the northern-end of F2 gives limitless Blue Shards. I'm not sure if my game is bugged, gonna reboot.

// Nope I'm still getting those.
    I don't have time to research it more. Anyway I found only 2 spots for shards in Mistralton Cave. Maybe they give different shards depending on season/day/month/random, dunno. Game is Black 2.
  6. Aleva

Aleva

@Zelen

What do you mean 'a rock'? As in, you can interact with a rock and it gives you free limitless green shards? I'm really confused.
  7. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

I still feel the most reliable way to gain shards is to just lose in PWT...

It's not that hard to just bring in a bunch of scrubs and die
  8. Onicon

Onicon

By the way, is it possible to trade between BW2 and BW? A friend of mine has ordered a version of White 2 and I wanted to know if they are compatible with the first ones - they probably are, but nevertheless.. This would give me access to tutor moves for BW Pokemon for they are rather annoying to RNgenerate in the 4th gen.
  9. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

yes its compatible
  10. Dark Arceus

Dark Arceus

New article on pokemon.com talks about a certain number of top players in world championship from vgc this summer can have their teams added as a download for World Tournament in game. Not sure if this is new or not but it's been confirmed and is definetly going to make the tournament mode more enjoyable. Wonder how good the AI is going to play the teams on the different difficulties.
  11. Death Phenomeno

Death Phenomeno I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I've got a couple of questions:

• Has anyone checked if the Sky Drop glitch and the Trick Room glitch are still in?
    • Is there any way to "sequence break" and do the gyms in other orders?

Thanks in advance.
  12. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

1. The Hiker on Route 20 will not move until you beat Cheren
    2. You can't access the mainland until you beat Roxie
    3. Route 4 is blocked by Crustle, so you need Corless to get them out, and he only pops up when you beat Burgh
    4. Skyla won't fly you to Yamaji Town until after you beat her

That's all I know about it. I haven't bothered with seeing if I could get to Driftveil/Mistralton/Seigaha without beating Elesa/Clay/Drayden though. :/
  13. Too Funk to Druck

Too Funk to Druck

Charles blocks the path to Driftveil until you beat Elesa, and You can't get through Chargestone Cave until you beat Clay and all the other stuff you're forced to do after you beat him.
  14. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

Is it true you can find a Braviary in White 2 the first time you go through Route 4 on Mondays?
  15. Goldfly2005

Goldfly2005

Yes it is! Has it's Hidden Ability, at level 25.
  16. keleyeemoh

keleyeemoh

What am I supposed to do after I beat Clay? Any way I try to go, my path is blocked.

Edit: Disregard my post, I somehow forgot that I actually haven't beaten Clay yet.
  17. Zelen

Zelen

By rock I mean those big brown boulders that are clearly apart from the wall and tend to block your way (I don't mean those round objects but ones that usually have hidden items that can be found by using dowsing machine).

I'm not sure if they are limitless but you can gather a lot of shards from those rocks... I found another "shard rock" from Relic Path in front of a puddle. This time I got tons of blue shards.

//Nah, those are not unique at all. There's at least 3 spots for different kind of shards in Relic Path. :(
  18. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

That's awesome! I was sorely disappointed when Rufflet came so late in the game in Black/White. They sure are making in-game teams have more options this time around.
  19. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

go to town with the L35 Volcarona :p
    its actually useful as a fly slave and even struggle bug does a decent amount of damage
  20. blasphemy1

blasphemy1

Wow. My Growlithe might be getting replaced. I don't know what it can learn at such a low level though. Is it possible to tutor it moves during the main game or do the shards come later? If I could just get Heat Wave OR Signal Beam I'd be pretty pleased.
  21. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

...actually now that you say it, its actually possible for Volcarona to be cool! Lose a few battles in PWT to farm shards, and the Signal Beam tutor is conveniently located in Driftveil, meaning that Volca has a seriously useful and sexy STAB move early on, boosted by the silverpowder that it conveniently holds. Heat Wave isn't necessary since the Fire Blast TM comes earlier and its a worthwhile investment indeed: Volcarona goes from decent to murder machine, even if its only for 5 attacks.
  22. Zoap

Zoap

Will the Japanese version work with my American 3DS? Sorry if this has been answered just want to know b4 I order my copy.
  23. Ondore

Ondore

True story: I used a Heart Scale to get Ember back on my Volcarona and was actually able to get by with it until I got to the Heat Wave tutor (and then it got Flamethrower right after, woot woot).

But yeah, I got enough Shards out of the cave to Volcarona that I was able to give it Signal Beam straight away (it's only a 6 shard move, IIRC).
  24. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

the 3ds cannot play foreign games
  25. Gerard

Gerard

Sorry if this has been answered but I couldn't find it. Does Sheer Force still removes Life Orb Recoil?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)