1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

You walk around outside the grass until you see shaking. Then touch the shaking grass.
  2. Phadunk

Phadunk

the first time i saw the patches of grass shaking.. my first thought was.

"no fucking way!! shiny pokemon patches throughout the game??!""

then i see the audino.. and reality set in.
  3. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

It is found near the end of the forest path in Pinwheel Forest.
  4. Yoko Yuri

Yoko Yuri

Where can we find exp. share?
  5. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher

Beat the Battle Company in Castelia to get one.
  6. Green Mage

Green Mage

What about that lucky egg people are talking about? Does it give more exp or something? And where do you get one
  7. Phadunk

Phadunk

after 5th gym
  8. MMX

MMX

Professor Juniper gives it to you when you enter Chargestone Cave.
  9. xRODGERSx

xRODGERSx

I love how much better the item finder is. It's actually worth a damn now. and so far I only have the item finder and bike registered..but it looks like I can register about 5 or so items to Y. to lazy to check and find out. But that will be amazing as well. I'm leveling my Pokemon about to fight the 4th gym.
    Swoobat, Gurdurr(Best name ever? lol), Palpitoad, Blitzle(one level to evolving thank gawd) Servine(Might end up releasing him.) and I have my Victini in the day care. But I plan on using him as well.
  10. ryuuzaki52

ryuuzaki52

Hold up, does EXP Share still give you EV's too, or do you need to send out the Pokemon, switch, battle, rinse, repeat...?
  11. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

Wait we can register more than 1 item? :D
    ---------------------------

As for your EXP share question...I did the natural thing and Googled it for you.... http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=exp share evs

The answer is yes it shares EVs as well as EXP.
  12. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Yes. Exp. Share gives you EVs as well as experience. Read my guide for more details.
  13. Fawfulmk-II

Fawfulmk-II

you get one from the fan club too.

sweet, 2 EXP shares!

I'm really digging the new stuff in this game. damn shame Emolga can't learn Sky drop.
  14. Emperor

Emperor

So, I have 8 badges now and just ran into the Tornadus introduction. Does he now roam randomly now and have the ability to run? If so, I'm probably going to masterball him :P
  15. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yes, it's the same as other roamers, except that the route is always raining when he's there, so you can just do something like run in and out of an area transition gate until it shows up.
  16. Purimpopoie

Purimpopoie

My current party, all L31
    Servine (Quesh)
    Excadrill (Mondo)
    Zoroark (Noire)
    Mincinno (Mina)
    Emolga (Emolga)
    Ducklett (Daisy)

Takin' on the Driftveil Gym. So far, only Ducklett has been disappointing, and I'm surprised at the power of Emolga's Acrobatics.
  17. NintendoMan

NintendoMan

Hey all. I am at the Dragon gym and this is my team of 5 so far. Who should I get as my 6?

Darmanitan
    Samurott
    Galvantula
    Krookodile
    Liligant

All help would be appreciated.
  18. ozzy

ozzy

You can get a Kibago if you want. It could level up fast against all the other dragons.
  19. Green Thunder

Green Thunder

I hate the electric gym leader! Fucking squirrels!!!

Yeah anyway
    Emboar is the great! Low defense....who cares!? U kill everything anyway! Sigilyhy is...disappointing, it never kills anything in one hit! And always dies! It not god awful like....
    TYNAMO!!!1!!! Worst pokemon ever! It's sosososososo weak, when it evolve however it awesome! Looks cool too.
    Scraggy is Jesus in a pair of baggy pants,so strong sturdy great typing....and somehow mine manages to out speed everything(except those basturd squirrels!) leavanny is pretty good too,it's move pool is little small but it's good enough. Carracosta is really a fantastic alternative to samurott, aqua jet is great,but once u get boili...scald, he becomes almost unbeatable! Oh and sturdy<solid Rock

This game is truly fantastic I expected it to be good but this is just godly!
  20. SRS

SRS

Hey guys, I would like some advice on what to do.

I just beat Gym 3, and I want some advice on my team.

I definetly want Daruma on my team, he's my favorite Pokemon of Gen 5 and I heard he's a beast fire Pokemon.

But now, everything else is iffy

I hear all these people wanting to raise 6 pokemon, and I think how? Do you guys just teach all of them the HM's? Or is using HMs so rare now that it doesn't matter? (I heard that you only use cut once)

I really wish I started out with Oshawott, that way I can have my starter as my Pokemn, but because I started out with dumb Snivy, I also have to lug around a SimiPour

So something I'm thinking of is:

Daruma
    Simipour
    Serperior
    Krookodile
    Drill Mole
    6th guy as some random bird I can use for fly (won't train)

That means, I'm going to raise 5 guys, which I heard is impossible. So what do you guys reckon I do?
  21. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher

Raising 6 guys is easy peasy, don't worry. You might want to replace that Simipour though, it will soon fade out in usefulness. Oddly enough I find Swanna handy - Surf AND Fly, Naturally learns Roost to boot...and then you have room for a sixth.
    You might want to look into a Fighting type or something, else that bloody Hydreigon in the endgame is going to tear you apart.
  22. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

There's barely any reason to fly around so feel free to dump the bird and grab a 6th Pokemon.
  23. MMX

MMX

How the heck do you evade the sand pits in Relic Castle? I just beat the 7th gym. It's starting to irritate me.
  24. SRS

SRS

So it's true then that HM's are barley used? What about Surf, and Dive, and waterfall?

Swana looks interesting, although her stats are worse than Simipour, her good typing and fly is probably enough of a reason to use it. What are people's experience with her?

Also, should I just dump Serperior, or is it actually useful?

Is it also redundant to have both Excadrill and Krookadile? I like Krook more, (very slightly) but I heard Excadrill is boss and learns better moves. Thoughts?
  25. jle1076

jle1076

you can walk through them, dont run. Also, I still need an IV checker AR code sor DSi pokemon WHITE

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)